Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,206 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Who Will Champion Nigeria's Cause? Northern Interest,yourba Cause,igbo Interest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Champion Nigeria's Cause? Northern Interest,yourba Cause,igbo Interest? (320 Views)

OMG - Shocking Conditions Of IDP Camps In Nigeria Cause By Boko Haram - Photos / Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB / Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Champion Nigeria's Cause? Northern Interest,yourba Cause,igbo Interest? by TRUTHTELA: 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
I stand to be corrected, I still don't think Nigeria, is going to make any meaningful progress that will benefit the common man out there. You might have one or two things that'll look like " PROGRESS", but, in reality life is HELL, SHORT and BRUTISH to the average man.

There's so much agitation for a president or things that'll protect or promote the INTEREST OF THE NORTH. The Igbo's preferred anything/person that will caters the INTEREST OF NDIGBO. The Yourba's is on the lookout for the YOURBA INTEREST. Ijaw, Middle Belt, and other minorities are fighting for their own interest too, all these things are NORMAL and they ain't bad either. However, how can Nigeria, make progress or become a DEVELOPED nation when nobody is about Nigeria's interest? No matter how good a president/candidate might be, majority will not see any good in him simply because, he's not " MY TRIBE/RELIGION, hence, their tribal interest FIRST.

Every president have been accused of MARGINALIZING other tribes. Who has benefited from Nigeria? When will " Nigeria Interest" SUPPLANT the interest of the various tribes?

1 Like

Re: Who Will Champion Nigeria's Cause? Northern Interest,yourba Cause,igbo Interest? by Eggcelent(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
Such an important & germane question you have there. It is unfortunate that after a century of being together politically, issues like this still crop up. Personally, one disturbing thing is seeing Nigerians below the age of 40 years promoting tribal sentiments in this era of globalization. And most pathetic are government officials who have sworn to protect the constitution going against their oaths in the name of politics. I just pray that Nigeria will have an inspirational leader who can help us overcome this prejudice.

(1) (Reply)

Targeted Mobile Marketing And Online Campaigns For Sme's Just Got Better / Clearing Agent At Tincan/apapa Port 08023996584/08056900161 / Awolowo's Family Make Mortem Birthday Preparations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.