Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... (6173 Views)

Being The Sole Breadwinner Is Bad For A Man’s Health – But BETTER For A Woman’s / This Woman Becomes A Great Great Great Grand Mother / I Am The Breadwinner Husband At Work While Barbara Holds The Home Front. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
bukatyne:

Lol!

Except her schedule changes, she should function as she does weekends. Cooking in bulk, cleaning places oga's handmight not rreach reach etc.

Wetin do the hand.? Na midget grin. Like inyanya.
So they won't be eating fresh food again. Na wah sad

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Thank you. But make sure the thing you are pushing will pay the bills . Make you no carry 200naira comehome and start screaming bread winner .

If not, Berra sit at home and cook fresh food.
Hehehe...that was a joke... Not my portion!

I don't have problem with cooking fresh food tho, but sitting at home is a NO NO

The gods forbid cool
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by okotv(m): 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Takes over weekend, after hustling all week.
What will the husband be doing ? Watching champions league and screaming sai buhari

do they watch champions league on weekends

lol....hahahaha
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
okotv:
do they watch champions league on weekends

lol....hahahaha

When do they watch champions league?
Abi na premiership? all join.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
donpeey22:
Hehehe...that was a joke... Not my portion!

I don't have problem with cooking fresh food tho, but sitting at home is a NO NO

The gods forbid cool

Why will the gods forbid ? The ones sitting at home are not humans ?. Why is it difficult for you to sit at home and take charge of your home
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by okotv(m): 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

When do they watch champions league?
Abi na premiership? all join.

champions league is played Tuesday and Wednesday except the finals which come up on Saturdays.

Premiership is played during the weekends except on special occasions that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are used just as this week.

It was all kind of funny, your reply.

NB: No other game is played once the champions league is on in Europe. Try it and get fined.
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Why will the gods forbid ? The ones sitting at home are not humans ?. Why is it difficult for you to sit at home and take charge of your home
Personally I can't sit at home because that would not only render me penniless but it's also boring.

I can't imagine myself sitting one place and not going out to contribute my quota towards the making or destruction of the world. cool cool cool
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
okotv:
champions league is played Tuesday and Wednesday except the finals which come up on Saturdays.

Premiership is played during the weekends except on special occasions that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are used just as this week.

It was all kind of funny, your reply.

NB: No other game is played once the champions league is on in Europe. Try it and get fined.

Oh ok, I was referring to the ones played on weekends. Where the guys sneak out of home to drink beer and eat kpomo.
Come back when wify and kids have gone to bed.

Then wake up tired woman to demand for his "rights'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
donpeey22:
Personally I can't sit at home because that would not only render me penniless but it's also boring.

I can't imagine myself sitting one place and not going out to contribute my quota towards the making or destruction of the world. cool cool cool

Don't worry, she will drop pocket money for you.

As for sitting too long, you can join a support group that plays football every Saturday. Keeps you in shape
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by okotv(m): 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Oh ok, I was referring to the ones played on weekends. Where the guys sneak out of home to drink beer and eat kpomo.
Come back when wify and kids have gone to bed.

Then wake up tired woman to demand for his "rights'
I understand you.

I don't give advice to the married cause am not one yet. Just thought to laugh at your comment
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by lilmax(m): 11:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
Only if men knew

Well when you allow your wife take up your responsibilities as the head,you make sure you take up her responsibilities as surbordinate

Only pu.ssie.s will watch their wives become head,GOD FORBID

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by bukatyne(f): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
coogar:

seem? seem?
and not that they are actually bitter & arrogant? grin

i give up!

Some are, Some are not

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by bukatyne(f): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
lilmax:
Only if men knew

Well when you allow your wife take up your responsibilities as the head,you make sure you take up her responsibilities as surbordinate

Your attitude doesn't help matters

So caring for the home front is the work of a subordinate?

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by bukatyne(f): 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
donpeey22:

Some people find themselves in such shoes suddenly

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Joy1706(f): 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
coogar:

why are most men always happy even when they have liability for a wife? why should the roles change just because a woman becomes the breadwinner? the truth is most women cannot handle success without being arrogant & disrespectful.

the money he makes is their money.
the money she makes is her money.

When a man is the sole breadwinner in most cases, he becomes controlling, talks down to her, makes her beg 4 every little thing, feels like she has no right to question him etc. Besides I don't think becoming arrogant and disrespectful when success comes in is a 'woman' thing, it's a 'human' thing.

5 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by bukatyne(f): 11:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
okotv:
Am not married so I don't give marital advice.

Sanctification was what Christ prayed for his disciples in John 17:17 even after they were born again. It makes you more like Christ and possess that silent attitude just before the Cross. You think a mere mortal can do that for others ? That's what it entails.

To the issue at hand. Household chores regardless of whom will be a walk in the park for both party instead of throwing it overboard if they are both sanctified and heaven conscious.

Hope you get it

I get it

Lol!

You know, If people applied their religious beliefs to their daily life, This world would be a better place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by okotv(m): 11:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
bukatyne:

I get it

Lol!

You know, If people applied their religious beliefs to their daily life, This world would be a better place.
Thank you @ the last paragraph.

I teach and practice cause that makes me a better person.

By the way, what didn't you want to spill earlier
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
donpeey22:
Instead of being in a position where my wify is the sole breadwinner, I will go and push wheel barrow. cool cool cool

LOL u cracked me up with that.. u be baba wayray

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

As for sitting too long, you can join a support group that plays football every Saturday. Keeps you in shape
Lol.. U geh bad plans for me cool
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by bukatyne(f): 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
okotv:
Thank you @ the last paragraph.

I teach and practice cause that makes me a better person.

By the way, what didn't you want to spill earlier

Living the life practically.

It is absurd you see Fire speaking Christians supporting adultery or other stuffs you know are clearly wrong.

I am sure 90% of the people on NL who believe all men cheat. are either Christians or Muslims which both detest adultery

One poster standd has a nice piece on FP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by okotv(m): 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
bukatyne:

Living the life practically.

It is absurd you see Fire speaking Christians supporting adultery or other stuffs you know are clearly wrong.

I am sure 90% of the people on NL who believe all men cheat. are either Christians or Muslims which both detest adultery
its because am really engaged now so I hardly confront people. Whenever I see justification for things religion condemns by adherents, I begin to wonder which way forward.
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by bukatyne(f): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
okotv:
its because am really engaged now so I hardly confront people. Whenever I see justification for things religion condemns by adherents, I begin to wonder which way forward.

The way forward is to the front angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by okotv(m): 12:00am On Mar 04, 2015
bukatyne:

The way forward is to the front angry
lol
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by baralatie(m): 12:12am On Mar 04, 2015
lilmax:
Only if men knew

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by babygirlfl: 1:54am On Mar 04, 2015
cococandy:

Not to say that there aren't women who behave badly whether they are the breadwinners or not but the pressure on bread winning women to take so much more than they can naturally bear in order not to upset the already fragile ego of the man is too much.

A typical house wife won't have problems doing what needs to be done on her own end to keep the home running and it is only right she does so but how many husbands are willing to take on the other responsibilities while the wife makes the money? They exist i'm aware but not that many.
Well hopefully they will keep increasing in number so that we have less stressed wives everywhere.

The stereotypes and bias whipped up against bread winning wives already puts them in a tough place as even without any bad attitude on her part,she's already being given the evil eye.
Everybody ready and waiting to pounce on her because they have already decided she will misbehave even before she does so.

The things I do and say now,I probably won't be able to get away with if I were a sole bread winning wife.

Ha. The conclusion would be that I get mouth because I'm making the money.
So basically such ladies can't really be themselves without being judged.

Walking on egg shells all the time.
It is not fair.

so true

3 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by babygirlfl: 1:54am On Mar 04, 2015
FrancisTony:
I think some men are ego-driven and confuse. In an African society(Igbo culture), a man is suppose to be a breadwinner but when the reverse is case, he loses his respect and must accept any condition bestowed on him.

*Double standard of most men*

When a man is a breadwinner, he expects his wife to take up all the tedious responsibilities of doing the housechores. He exudes self confidence and throws bossy command around.

When a woman is the breadwinner and start exhibiting the same characteristics, they translate it as arrogance. SMH

Is something sauce for the goose ain't sauce for the gander? grin

The real fact is that men and women are all humans, and pride is there(our) thing. It takes an individualism to control his/her pride.

Exactly

4 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 04, 2015
Chillisauce:

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 04, 2015
Who wants to be a sole-breadwinner?
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2015
Blablabla. An eye for an eye thingz.
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by lilmax(m): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2015
bukatyne:

Your attitude doesn't help matters

So caring for the home front is the work of a subordinate?
what do you expect?
Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 04, 2015
okotv:
this household chores is a worldwide debate not only in Nigeria whether the man works or not. With all this petty fights over what and who to what is becoming boring...

To each his own..

I believe that lack of sanctification is the cause of petty issues been thrown overboard.
I'm telling you.. To each his own...all these arguments on who does this and that make marriage look like some battle ground, my husband must do this, my wife mustn't do this bla bla bla.....whatever works for both of you please... when two people who genuinely love themselves are involved, petty issues like this won't come up because each knows just what to do at every point in time as they both have each other's happiness as priority....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by klark3: 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
Joy1706:

When a man is the sole breadwinner in most cases, he becomes controlling, talks down to her, makes her beg 4 every little thing, feels like she has no right to question him etc. Besides I don't think becoming arrogant and disrespectful when success comes in is a 'woman' thing, it's a 'human' thing.
My dear with total sincerity, men handle success better than women.

Success intoxicate women. The male child has been trained as a leader by both d mum & dad. It would be an aberration for a male child to wash dishes in a house with female. The male child is expected to emulate his dad, while female, their mum. The society plays a significant role in our lives, & the society recognise the wife & female children to be the cook in any family.

For example, I'm d 4th child, d first is a girl, she's married with kids, but whenever she is at home, maybe on holiday or any celebration, she does all the d house chores & cooking, because she had a good upbringing. So u don't expect me to get married tomorrow & cook for my wife, even if am idle, I will never do it.

Personally, I think God designed it that way, it's a God given role to women, in marriage, it's generally acceptable for a woman to cook, do house chores, is her natural responsibility. That's why most successful restaurants are managed by women, because it's related to cooking, washing dishes. Though I know most women deplore this culture, but in a realistic sense, it's more acceptable by d general public.

U as girl won't be happy if u visit your brother to find out that he's d one doing all d house chores & cooking, while d wife sits on a sofa watching TV. Though women have been agitating for equality, the obvious God made domineering power of a male cannot be overshadowed by d weak characteristics of a female.

In marriage, it would be better if women are in charge of anything that has to do with d kitchen & chores, regardless of her financial status, the man's involvement can be episodic. A man is man, d male natural responsibility is to cater for d family financially, & if he fails, he resort to frustration, because he has failed. Subjecting him to doing house chores will only compound his failure as d breadwinner.

This will only escalate issues. there are certain things that doesn't befits a man, I don't know why women are finding it difficult to accept this natural/cultural Phenomenon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Is Not Your Slave!!! / My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine / The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.