Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) (12695 Views)

Graduate Establishes Fufu Processing Plant In Imo (photo) / Tony Elumelu Establishes Tenoil, An Oil And Gas Production Firm (Pics) / Man Establishes Business For 58-year-old Beggar Who Begs For Alms (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Obinoscopy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
Abuja — FEDERAL Government, Monday, disclosed that it had concluded plan to establish a bank for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), just as it assured civil servants of prompt payment of February salary.

The bank tagged; 'Development Bank of Nigeria' will assist the small scale business owners to access fund for a long period of time.

The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who stated this at a Stakeholders' Conversation on Communicating Government Policies, Programmes and Activities to Traditional Rulers, Market Men/Women organised by the National Orientation Agency (NOA), in Abuja, said the bank would be launched next month.

Her words; "There are many people who has business ideas here, and they are unable to access funds, and it always taken two to three years to establish. But when you go for a loan if you are lucky what do they tell you? They will start telling you to pay after a year, you are not able to march the timing of the loan you get with the timing of your investment.

"This administration is creating a bank called 'Development Bank of Nigeria' that would allow people borrow from five to seven years.

"This bank will be launched next month, and when it's on ground, it will help Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) to access funding for a longer period of time, something they have never being able to do. That is another achievement this administration has been able to put in place."

Speaking on the several achievements of the present administration, the minister noted that the government was diversifying the economy to improve the well being of Nigerians, adding that, the country's economy would grows at 40 percent oil and 60 percent non-oil.

According to her, "We need to diversify our economy, we don't want to depend on oil anymore, we want our economy to be 40 percent oil and 60 percent non oil economy, and we have started that work.

"Last year, we said we should try and get additional N75 billion from non oil, do you know how much we got? N110 billion. So, it means the potential is there for us to get more and diversify our source of revenue. This government has worked hard to make economy very diversed."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201503030483.html

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
tongue

I can't wait for it to kick off.

Another new reason to keep GEJ till 2019.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
First to comment, the poster above me is my 2nd account. Glory to God, change is coming. I can feel it.

AD: Twitter account with 31k Nigerian followers for sale. For contact details, check my sig

1 Like

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by stevikenna: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
I hope this wont be one of those ghost programmes
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by adrainuche(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
I hope so
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Lastdon02(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
ok o
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Hitunnu(f): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Medicine after death

5 Likes

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by naijainfogalery: 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Jonathan has done more work in 3 months than he has ever done in 6 years. I wish they can just make election a yearly thing, by now we would have had stable electricity.

If the fear of someone could make someone this hardworking in 3 months, i wonder what will happen if the said person enters. Just thinking

God bless Nigeria. God bless GEJ and GMB, God guide Katsina and Bayelsa. Who ever wins and who ever losses, give them the fortitude to bear the loss.

45 Likes

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by gameboy727(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good one. But hope the de aluatuon lf the naira would not render rhem useless.
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by TAVOX: 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ok
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by sochima1989(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nigeria breeds wickedness as leaders
6weeks better than 6yrs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by gen2briz(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
FG to establish in some weeks to election abi.
Am watching them in corning gorilla 3 screen
I kukuma don decide

1 Like

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Loan go dey?will they also employ?
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by kton(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Campaign tinz!
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Immune1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
great......hope its structured based to real Nigerian SMEs requirements
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by ignis: 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ is working. ... Despite the plot of the APC terrorist to make his tenure ungovernable.

Only the blind and untruthful ones will say that GEJ is not working.

GEJ till Buhari writes and pass SSCE.

An illiterate can't be our president.

4 Likes

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by mrborntodoit: 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Gej, what your enemies want at all cost is to stop the progress of Nigeria as a country for their own selfish gains.

The true patriotic Nigerians want you back in power.

Gej all the way!

3 Likes

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
This is good. Am interested cos I want to open a big Research and Diagnostic Laboratory in Naija

2 Likes

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
T
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by queensmith: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Not buying it - ask her what was done with the bank established with the now depleted excess crude account?

She can carry her igbo mouth and spew nonsense to the children in Cambodia, she must be the first to vacate office come 28th.

If i hear of Buhari appointing her again it won't be easy.

March 3rd - February salary still not paid. Somebody please tell me how happy you are with current Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by kevinkod(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
When I said GEJ some people give me names. No problem GEJ till ............... pls don't finish that statement n don't quite me. grin
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by cinovikthor(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
political inspired....Aint Nothing geniue...*strolling from chibok I'd be in lagos soon*
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by yuio22: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2015

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Bitterleafsoup: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Great news depending on interest rate...
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by ichidodo: 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dem bad boy yardies ina de APC dun like these, bumboclats all ah dem.
Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by rhythyson: 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
From the name people will stay away from that bank sme sme bank

2 Likes

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Would this be different from the BOI and other govt funded agencies set up for same purpose?

1 Like

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by sucess001(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
[size=18pt]see as FG dey rush to impress us...make una no wori...we have decided...[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by PezzoNovante(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ wan just rush do everything under 6weeks but too late cos #IHaveDecided

#March4Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG Establishes Bank For Small And Medium Enterprises (smes) by alnino94(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
the Fg is really really trying seriously.......but why are all these just starting now undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? / Nigerians Flock To Buy UK Bargains / Wait A Minute! There Is More To Know About Cooking Gas Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.