Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,011 members, 7,799,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Please Assist - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Assist (1026 Views)

Help! I Am Having Issues With Uni-assist / Truck Crushes Woman And Baby As Obiano Stops Convoy To Assist (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Assist by aaa33: 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello folks I need an advice/views about what am about to post here.I applied for American student visa in 2002. Before then I had attend and written a SAT exams in Lagos. Its a company that we paid to then to write the exams . On the day of myinterview in Abuja. I was asked every document which I presented until the lady asked me if I wrote SAT I said yes. She demanded for it and I presented it to her. After a close look at it she flared up that its fake and showed a colleague of hers and he confirmed its fake. She said she ain't gonna allow me enter her country and stamped my passport after inputting some stuff to her computer.Its been years since that happened. I alreadyfinished my bsc here in Nigeria and my Msc is in view presently. I have a paid employment and am relatively doing well. The issue now is was I banned? If I go to apply for a visa again will the last incidence crop up? I lost the last passport to fire and intend to go do anothe. Pls what's your candid take on this. Kind regards.
Re: Please Assist by worry359(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
It is very likely that you were banned at the time.
Were there any codes (numbers and letters) on your rejection?
Remember what ever happened to your documents the Visa office still have their records.

So you must be very honest in anything you say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Assist by aaa33: 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
worry359:
It is very likely that you were banned at the time.
Were there any codes (numbers and letters) on your rejection?
Remember what ever happened to your documents the Visa office still have their records.

So you must be very honest in anything you say.

Yes there were Numbers. But can I still apply?
Re: Please Assist by worry359(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
aaa33:

Yes there were Numbers. But can I still apply?

You can apply as many times as you want or can afford.
It might be better to address the rejection reasons, but it's your money to spend.

1 Like

Re: Please Assist by sthugo: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
Try as much as you can to address the rejection/ban on your passport..because if you overlooked it,and scale through their embassy here in naija ..you will always meet them at point of entry in usa..
Kallas

1 Like

Re: Please Assist by aaa33: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2015
Bro kindly enlighten me on how I can address it. What do I do pls.....
Re: Please Assist by justwise(m): 9:15am On Apr 03, 2015
aaa33:

Hello VisaOfficer I need an advice/views about what am about to post here. I applied for American student visa in 2002. Before then I had attend and written a SAT exams in Lagos. Its a company that we paid to then to write the exams . On the day of my interview in Abuja. I was asked every document which I presented until the lady asked me if I wrote SAT I said yes. She demanded for it and I presented it to her. After a close look at it she flared up that its fake and showed a colleague of hers and he confirmed its fake. She said she ain't gonna allow me enter her country and stamped my passport after inputting some stuff to her computer. Its been years since that happened. I already finished my bsc here in Nigeria and my Msc is in view presently. I have a paid employment and am relatively doing well. The issue now is was I banned? If I go to apply for a visa again will the last incidence crop up? I lost the last passport to fire and intend to go do anothe. Pls what's your candid take on this. Kind regards.

You asked this same question last Sept 2014 and VO gave you this reply >>

abujaniv:

We cannot comment on a specific case in this forum. The only way to know if you are permanently ineligible is to apply again and ask the consular officer at your interview. You should be as straightforward as you can during your interview about your past refusal if you are asked about it.
This is a good reminder to all of the younger readers on Nairaland that what happens at one visa interview can have a long impact. Make sure that you always bring valid documents to your visa interviews because while in your current circumstances you might not qualify for a visa, you might be qualified in the future and will not want to be found ineligible based on something that happened in your youth.

Why have you not taken this ^^advice from the VO?

1 Like

Re: Please Assist by 19naia(m): 4:43am On Apr 04, 2015
Its been ten years or more since the last application in 2002.. That is the standard ban time for deliberate immgration violations if it was not a permanent ban... Having a fake SAT report could be that you were duped into paying to sit a fake test and you were gullible and inexperienced to discern a fake situation after all your honest effort... That is common in Nigeria and the US immigration services knows that about Nigeria. But they will not waste time with you until you figure out and sort out the issue on your own time and effort... Its not their job to show you how to get authentic documents.. That is your responsibility...

No worry about going to apply.. Just go and be honest about all questions asked, even if you must declare that the fake SAT was because you were duped and had no experience to know what a real report looked like...
Get your new passport and make no attempt to obscure the old one on record.. If they ask about the old one, tell them what you know.. If they dont ask about it, then let it be forgotten...
Better to be rejected with an honest input and surmountable obstacles, rather than a ban and a record of deception..

You have waited 10 years or more, now its ok to go and apply and find out once and for all if you had a permanent ban... I doubt a permanent ban was given if you are honest about what you recounted in the OP.. There may have no ban ever given...

1 Like

Re: Please Assist by aaa33: 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
19naia:
Its been ten years or more since the last application in 2002.. That is the standard ban time for deliberate immgration violations if it was not a permanent ban... Having a fake SAT report could be that you were duped into paying to sit a fake test and you were gullible and inexperienced to discern a fake situation after all your honest effort... That is common in Nigeria and the US immigration services knows that about Nigeria. But they will not waste time with you until you figure out and sort out the issue on your own time and effort... Its not their job to show you how to get authentic documents.. That is your responsibility...

No worry about going to apply.. Just go and be honest about all questions asked, even if you must declare that the fake SAT was because you were duped and had no experience to know what a real report looked like...
Get your new passport and make no attempt to obscure the old one on record.. If they ask about the old one, tell them what you know.. If they dont ask about it, then let it be forgotten...
Better to be rejected with an honest input and surmountable obstacles, rather than a ban and a record of deception..

You have waited 10 years or more, now its ok to go and apply and find out once and for all if you had a permanent ban... I doubt a permanent ban was given if you are honest about what you recounted in the OP.. There may have no ban ever given...

Thank you so much for your detailed responds. Sincerely I never knew the SAT results was fake. I registered through an agent in Lagos and was issued the result.
Thanks again. I will reapply to determine my status at the consular.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Applying For Conference Visa / Getting A UK Accommodation From Nigeria / In Dire Need Of Assistance.... Pls Help Someone's Dream Come To Liimelight..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.