Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) (9758 Views)

2017 Jaguar Xf Premium: A Joy To Behold / Jaguar E-type Abandoned For 20 Years To Be Sold For N24million (photos) / Jaguar XJ Vs Mercedes Benz S Class Vs BMW 7 Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by lungwun(m): 9:10am On May 06, 2015
Shagati:

Thanks.
Went to check out a very good looking one (a 2002) in Ikeja last weekend.
Had been abandoned on the dealer's lot apparently. Asking NGN2m!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Claims it is in very good condition but he couldn't get it to start claiming no petrol in the tank.
I have made an appointment to see the owner later this week.

Will take pictures when next I go there
Offer N1m?

Offer 500k and maybe bump it up to 600k.
2 Million naira is crazy talk!
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by GTmustang(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2015
Good to see lovers of Vintage Machines. I have XJ8 Vandenplas I drive it once in a week Sundays and I love the attention I get. You will love it if you get one. I saw one 1987 XJ12 V12 still working am planning of buying it off the owner don't know if you will be interested. See my XJ8 pix

3 Likes

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 15, 2015
This your jaguar is the bomb & damn! those rims. I can only say one thing. This car is befitting for the executive owner. I doff my hat to u GTmustang for keeping her this pretty.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Lexusgs430: 4:49am On May 16, 2015
GTmustang:
Good to see lovers of Vintage Machines. I have XJ8 Vandenplas I drive it once in a week Sundays and I love the attention I get. You will love it if you get one. I saw one 1987 XJ12 V12 still working am planning of buying it off the owner don't know if you will be interested. See my XJ8 pix

Well done for keeping her looking so sleek. But why only on Sundays? I know God would be pleased, she graces the holy land on Sundays!!!!
I am on the hunt for an XK8, hopefully would get one for a pocket friendly price.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by lungwun(m): 8:55am On May 16, 2015
GTmustang, is the E38 yours as well?
If it is, you are my hero!

X308 and E38 = Classic garage

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Shagati(m): 9:01am On May 16, 2015
GTmustang:

She's a beauty.
I'll send you a pm

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by GTmustang(m): 1:59pm On May 16, 2015
Tanx @Lungwun,Dumo1 & Lexusgs430. The E38 also mine both in good condition. I fit every thing myself hope to keep them like that for the next 30years lol. Ok guys this is what I saw though not mine if any one is interested. It 1989 XJ12 H.E the guy told me it runs planning to pay a visit next I got a chance

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by GTmustang(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2015
Also sighted this one in a junk yard. Thinking of restoring one of the to look like the last pix grin just a matter of time and effort.

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 16, 2015
You guys are wicked, you're already whetting my appetite for classic jags. cool

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Shagati(m): 9:58pm On May 17, 2015
GTmustang:
Also sighted this one in a junk yard. Thinking of restoring one of the to look like the last pix grin just a matter of time and effort.

Bro, sent you an email.
Also pm'ed you via Nairaland.

Do get in touch
Cheers
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by GTmustang(m): 6:01pm On May 19, 2015
Aiit Man
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2015
Shagatti I saw this in Agindingbi

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 07, 2015
GTmustang:

How do you source for parts for your XJ8 do you get them in Nigeria or u get them from the UK?
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Shagati(m): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
cne010:
Shagatti I saw this in Agindingbi
Nice.

I have been doing some stalking of my own.
Saw the below around the Ikeja mall.

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Shagati(m): 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
Some more

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
Shagati:

Nice.

I have been doing some stalking of my own.
Saw the below around the Ikeja mall.

The one I found its for sale I thought you would be interested or have you moved on?

FYI those shots you took are FBI and CIA standard.

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Shagati(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2015
cne010:

The one I found its for sale I thought you would be interested or have you moved on?

FYI those shots you took are FBI and CIA standard.

Lol.
I'd rather prefer a non-showroom specimen

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
Shagati:

Lol. I'd rather prefer a non-showroom specimen
sharp chap ...let d good times roll
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
Got myself a Jag xj6 x300 in Abuja. Totally abandoned and in a bush! No keys, no starter but the body and engine looked good! So I started the project! 6 months later, I am driving my Jag in Abuja now and I get all the stares as if I am in a Ferrari! Other mechanics were keeping their stuffs in the car. When I said I wanted the car, they all started laughing at me! They obviously don’t know a Jag! Rides so smoothly!

3 Likes

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
dbamiroyahoocom:
Got myself a Jag xj6 x300 in Abuja. Totally abandoned and in a bush! No keys, no starter but the body and engine looked good! So I started the project! 6 months later, I am driving my Jag in Abuja now and I get all the stares as if I am in a Ferrari! Other mechanics were keeping their stuffs in the car. When I said I wanted the car, they all started laughing at me! They obviously don’t know a Jag! Rides so smoothly!

You cannot just use mouth to finish this story, you must include pictures too, biko ..........

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 25, 2018
dbamiroyahoocom:
How did you even restore the Jaguar to drivable position. Abeg come nack us better story.. Your story never complete.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by flejnr2(f): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
dbamiroyahoocom:
Abeg am looking on how to access the parts of this xj6 , stay in the east and use one but my shocks and steering pump are bad. Assist please
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by flejnr2(f): 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Shagati:
Dear All,
I am interested in buying any variant of the above car for restoration purposes. Car may be a running driver or may need some loving to bring it back to life.
Slight accident damage also welcome.

The X350 was built from 1997-2002 while the X350 ran from 2003-2007.

Car must be in Nigeria already and located within 350km of Lagos to qualify for consideration
Will travel further for rare gems.

Please post details as a response to this thread and I will contact you directly.

Thanks in anticipation.
Can you help me in accessing xj6 parts in Lagos? Stay in the east and accessing parts here is ill need suspension and steering pump
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Shagati(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
flejnr2:

Can you help me in accessing xj6 parts in Lagos? Stay in the east and accessing parts here is ill need suspension and steering pump

If it were me, I would order new struts from the States or Europe depending on vehicle source.
Not sure there are old Jag dedicated parts dealers in Ladipo but I can help check.

Like I said in your other thread, pics and vin please
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 1:26am On Sep 27, 2018
Ok guys. Will answer. The secret is simple. 3 things

1. You cannot find good parts for such a classic car in Nigeria. Be ready to ship in those specific parts that will make a difference in your Jag. E.g. I shipped in service parts, plugs, brake pads, key fob, injectors, body parts, plastics etc. All those small items that surely you can’t find here. Shipping is easy. The danger is in shipping from UK. I have bought right hand parts by mistake twice now. There are shippers in the US and UK. You can easily get any of them. I can refer if you want.

2. Do the replacement yourself - mechanics are terrible. For the 1 day I left an electrician to replace a part in the car, he literarily almost destroyed the car for me. They just keep breaking things. So u have to be there. Get dirty with them and monitor everything they do.

3. Jag is a wonderful car. But try and read a lot before any job on the car. Watch videos and join as many forums as possible. Lots of useful advice there.

To be clear for mine, I imported all of the above including a new set of keys (which was the first problem the car had when it was abandoned!). To start the car, we ripped out the injectors. I ripped out everything I suspected had been tampered with.

Since it had been sitting there for more than 5 years, the fuel in the car had returned to crude oil!!! Literarily! The Electricals were gone (bad Rewire!). All these available online.

So my engine is a 3.2L. Inline 6. This and the 4.0 version are still deemed the best engines of all.

I have being seeing some XJ12 Jags. Honestly I am tempted.

Sadly I don’t consider any XF, X type or S type as being true Jags. Sadly. I don’t think we have the mechanics for the in Ngeria.

So I will post more pics of the restoration before I post the final.

In attached pics, that was the fuel pump I found in the tank. I saw cut wires in the boot (very notorious problem) and we worked sometimes late at night (I enlisted two young mechanic boys who didn’t know anything about Jaguar. We all watched the videos together).

It has been an interesting journey.

Dami

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 1:29am On Sep 27, 2018
@flejnr2

I too am not sure if there are Jag dealers for the x300 and x305 models in Ladipo. Would be happy to find one though.

Struts are easy.

EBay must be your new best friend. Everything Jag is on eBay!!

Steering pump shouldn’t be too difficult

Dami
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by sultaan(m): 2:54am On Sep 27, 2018
The damages those bad fuels cause is amazing

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 27, 2018
Oga GAZZUZZ won't this man's Jaguar be needing the same treatment that you gave that Ford E-350.
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2018
dbamiroyahoocom:

@flejnr2

I too am not sure if there are Jag dealers for the x300 and x305 models in Ladipo. Would be happy to find one though.

Struts are easy.

EBay must be your new best friend. Everything Jag is on eBay!!

Steering pump shouldn’t be too difficult

Dami
Is the engine ok at all and fairly usable or it also needs some mechanical swapping of parts?
Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2018
Grave diggers cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by flejnr2(f): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
dumo1:

Is the engine ok at all and fairly usable or it also needs some mechanical swapping of parts?
The engine is on a 100% ok level

1 Like

Re: Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) by SegunOnCars: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
There’s a very very nice one in Unilag (university of Lagos) I think it’s for sale because it doesn’t have any number placte. It’s black in color and is almost like brand new. When You get to Unilag gate, ask anyone for the amphitheater by the sports center. You can’t miss it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Educated Or Uneducated Mechanic? Which Is Better? / 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria / Is Fort Oil(formerly AP) Super V Engine Oil 20w 50 A Good Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.