Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,178 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:16 AM

Interviewer Position At A Non Governmental Organization - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interviewer Position At A Non Governmental Organization (1091 Views)

Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear / "Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interviewer Position At A Non Governmental Organization by fsb(m): 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
Employer: Gede Foundation/Institute of Human Virology Nigeria Work
SCHEDULED WORK TIMES: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (with 1 hour lunch break)
Immediate Supervisor/Reports To: Dr. Cynthia Ticao Type of Appointment: Temporary (less than one year)

Summary: Gede Foundation (The Foundation) is engaged in partnership with the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) from November 2014 to December 2015 to conduct a prevalence study of common mental disorders (CMDs) in a sample of 1,200 people living with HIV/AIDS in the FCT.
The Interviewer will be trained on the use of WHO's Composite International Diagnostic Interview (CIDI) tool and will be part of the research team to collect data on depression, alcohol abuse disorder abuse, and suicidality.

Minimum Qualifications:

Education/Experience
• BS degree in any health related field/discipline or psychology is preferable
• At least one year work experience with a recognized research institution/project
• Familiarity with prevalence study research tools on HIV/AIDS, mental health, or related topics 2) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills in English
• Additional communication skills in any Nigerian language
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and assist with situations that may require discretion
• Demonstrate understanding of the complexity of issues related to HIV/AIDS and mental health
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to carry out complex assignments under challenging field conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills in English
• Additional communication skills in any Nigerian language
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and assist with situations that may require discretion
• Demonstrate understanding of the complexity of issues related to HIV/AIDS and mental health
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to carry out complex assignments under challenging field conditions
Essential Functions
• The Interviewer will be responsible for:
1. Explaining the purpose and nature of the study to respondents joining the study
2. Ensuring that respondents stay motivated throughout the interview
3. Answering respondents' questions and concerns
4. Obtaining informed consent for participation in the study

How to Apply:
Applicants should submit (using Microsoft Word format), (i) their detailed cv, and, (ii) a one page cover letter which answers the following – What are the most common problems faced by Interviewers when administering a lengthy (40 minutes or more) questionnaire to respondents in either rural and/or urban setting? From your own experience, how can these problems be overcome?
Submit application letter and curriculum vitae to: careers@ihvnigeria.org
Closing date for applications: March 9, 2015
Interview period for short listed applicants: March 18-20, 2015 .
Re: Interviewer Position At A Non Governmental Organization by iduzebaba(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
@ op..... pls sir.. saw ur post on the nda short programs for doctors one time like dat... pls any info on it... m a final year med student.. wud lyk to join d force

(1) (Reply)

Federal Airports Authority Of Nigeria (FAAN) Releases Interview Details / Please I Need A Cool Job / Vacancy Exists For The Position Of An Account Officer At Greensprings School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.