Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

See How Courtesy Got Him A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See How Courtesy Got Him A Job (4039 Views)

EMFRICA Delegates On A Courtesy Visit To The Commissioner Of Police Lagos State / 19 Job Vacancies Courtesy Of Pricewaterhousecooper (pwc) / Nigerian Navy Free Aptitude Test Question Courtesy Of Mikedimeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by PilotOz(m): 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hmmm one thing i just learnt today is courtesy... Ok, i borrowed N5K to a frnd of mine last year... And we agreed on when he is to pay back.. Some few months after the agreed date, he didnt pay up, i politely asked him for the money, but he said he was facing some challenges and i should pls give him more time. I gave him more time, but yet he didn't pay up.. i grew impatient. i sought advice of one of my other frnd on hw quick i can get the money frm my debtor, and he adviced i go to his house with some "strong men" and threaten him.. He stressed that that was the only way.. He even said he could arrange for some "strong men" but i'll have to compensate them.. I shook my head in dissaproval, i said hell no, becos the debtor was my child hood frnd and he was my first ever business partner. I didn't take my frnd's advice, so i decided to give my frnd 3 more weeks to pay... well on the 4th week (yesterday) he finally paid.. he thanked me... And just today he said i should come for the training of immunization workers, that its time again where ppl are employed during immunization period.. wow i was happy, and i remembered that his mum is a health staff in the clinic where the training is taking place. Hmm even tho its a tempoary job, im satisfied with it given iam a student. I started to imagine that i would have missed this opportunity if i had followed the advice of my other frnd to use tugs on him. So my fellow nairalanders, courtesy takes ppl places. It is important in getting that dream job.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Elypsis(m): 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Shingu tain chun poyo tuoyo this means "u try" in mandarin....smiles

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by fromnigeria(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ya
Patience Pays

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by PilotOz(m): 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
yea thanks guys.. Patience pays very well.. And we should never look down on the time of little beginings, it goes a long way in mouldning u for better tins...

2 Likes

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by kelvine(m): 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
Was wondering,if you had gotten the money by thuggery how much out of the 5k would you have paid to compensate them ?
You are wise bro,keep it up.

9 Likes

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Wuuworld(m): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
True son of ur Dad...thumb up

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
good for you,I took a friend's advice and threatened a debtor.I feel so sorry now.

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by joe17: 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
DBlackCeazer:
good for you,I took a friend's advice and threatened a debtor.I feel so sorry now.
That act is very BAD, just like taking a debtor to police station.

Bottom line; 'Dnt borrow people amount u cnt afford to lose' It can make u loose a friend.

11 Likes

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by macklef(m): 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nice 1 op, u are somewhat like me, even in my need, i cant harass "my friend" 4 moni, dats y i dont roll wit every T,D&H.

Am sure ur friend did put up a gud atitude yl e was stil owein u.
Its a good leson to both d debtor n creditor.

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
joe17:

Bottom line; 'Dnt borrow people amount u cnt afford to lose' It can make u loose a friend.
well said bro.

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by niqqa(m): 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
U for beat d guy small na
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Mcowubaba: 12:01am On Mar 04, 2015
thumbs up grin..i just d wonder hw much u 4 use settle the 'Strong men' wey 4 follow u to colet ur 5k
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by dkronicle(m): 12:49am On Mar 04, 2015
Dis is just d good side, u neva saw anythang my blother.
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by freecocoa(f): 2:07am On Mar 04, 2015
Happy for you but dude, your debtor na better person, you never see person wey insult you and use you do yeye ontop your money, some human beings are something else and it takes a special kind of patience to deal with those ones, this type of patience is often not within reach.

Still, it is good to be good/courteous but sometimes, you give tough love to the people deserving of it.

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by hardbody: 5:45am On Mar 04, 2015
Neither a lender nor a borrower be....

Words of wisdom. Meanwhile patience is a virtue that i dont have.
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by PilotOz(m): 6:34am On Mar 04, 2015
kelvine:
Was wondering,if you had gotten the money by thuggery how much out of the 5k would you have paid to compensate them ?
You are wise bro,keep it up.
thanks... i wondered too... im glad i didn't use that method. i didn't think of it.... and between. u have the same name with my frnd who got me the job smiley For a moment i thought u were him lol.
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by PilotOz(m): 6:36am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Happy for you but dude, your debtor na better person, you never see person wey insult you and use you do yeye ontop your money, some human beings are something else and it takes a special kind of patience to deal with those ones, this type of patience is often not within reach.

Still, it is good to be good/courteous but sometimes, you give tough love to the people deserving of it.
Yes he's a gud person. That's why i never harrassed him.
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by PilotOz(m): 6:37am On Mar 04, 2015
Mcowubaba:
thumbs up grin..i just d wonder hw much u 4 use settle the 'Strong men' wey 4 follow u to colet ur 5k
maybe i would have been left with only recharge card money after settling the "strong men"

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by decode55(m): 7:44am On Mar 04, 2015
OP, God bless you

2 Likes

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Osyxcel(m): 8:29am On Mar 04, 2015
In business, Your worst debtor today can be your biggest creditor tomorrow, and your smallest customer today can be your biggest customer tomorrow.

That's life for you.... We should always be reasonable in our thinking and actions.

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Trippledots(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2015
hmmm...well good thing it worked for you. But as some comments above me opined, my brother e get some kain money dem go owe u ehn, u go de wish say u fit hire some bh boys and use their skills alittle.Not just thugs. Take for example, the former biz man i worked with he was owed so much by diff persons for months. it lingered on until his biz finally collapsed due lo lack of funds. im talking about money running into 7zeros. He was 'following peace with all men' until his biz went to pieces.... wisdom is principal to direct so says the holy book.

congrats btw smiley

2 Likes

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Davidolives(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2015
joe17:

exactly if i cant afford to loose it then i cant borrow
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by VickyRotex(f): 10:00am On Mar 04, 2015
Nice one Op... smiley

Surulere....

Someone who borrowed money from me, 4 months ago is yet to pay back.

After promising to pay back in 3weeks, 3 weeks became 4months.

Well, what can I say? I thank God for sustenance.

Ive learnt my lesson, not to lend out excess amount of money I wont be able to ignore, if he or she doesnt pay back...

I hope I get a good reward for this patience/courtesy too... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2015
I wouldn't borrow people money unless I can cancel e debt. The only exception if the person is fond of defaulting on her debt. I will employ all methods to retrieve my money.
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by DaGC(m): 11:18am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:

I've been a victim of this. Some people don't really appreciate good done to them.

@OP congrats and strive to be efficient on the job.
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by talk2yommex2000(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2015
Elypsis:
Shingu tain chun poyo tuoyo this means "u try" in mandarin....smiles

cant stop laffn. All ds long mandarin statement just to mean "u try"? Mehn! Mandarin dey waste alphabets for their conversation o...lol

1 Like

Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by SkinnyDude(m): 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:

i dey tell u. e never see evil debtor. like my own, she don call goat for phone. call me wicked guy and a liar. and stil, she never pay. na since june 2013 oh!
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by VickyRotex(f): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
SkinnyDude:

i dey tell u. e never see evil debtor. like my own, she don call goat for phone. call me wicked guy and a liar. and stil, she never pay. na since june 2013 oh!

Lols... Thats Evuuuullll sad shocked
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Fkhalifa(m): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
SkinnyDude:

This guy sha, grin women don do you strong tinz wella o,hope say no be cos you skinny cos meself skinny.and i dey fear o...
i love your posts cool
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by Henrolla(m): 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
sounds gud to me... lesson to everyone
Re: See How Courtesy Got Him A Job by SkinnyDude(m): 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Fkhalifa:
This guy sha, grin women don do you strong tinz wella o,hope say no be cos you skinny cos meself skinny.and i dey fear o...
i love your posts cool
na becos say i skinny o! them say i look meek. and my face be like small pikin own.

i also like wizkhalifa. he's my best rapper

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recruiting! / Between Diamond Bank And GTB, Which Pays Higher / NNPC SURVEY Of States - Click To Know Your Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.