Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,226 members, 7,807,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Photo: Wrongly Inflated Tyres Can Severely Reduce Your Fuel Economy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photo: Wrongly Inflated Tyres Can Severely Reduce Your Fuel Economy (1004 Views)

16 Wrongly Parked Cars And They Got "Served"(pics) / 7 Myths About Fuel Economy / How Reliable Is Lexus Rx300? In Terms Of Fuel Economy, Availability Of Parts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Wrongly Inflated Tyres Can Severely Reduce Your Fuel Economy by AutosBay(m): 7:55am On Mar 04, 2015
Did you know that wrongly inflated tyres can severely reduce your fuel economy? Seeing as fuel is hard to come by in Nigeria at the moment, now's a good time to check your tyre pressure.
The softer your tyres are, the greater the friction between the road and the rubber, and the harder your engine will have to work to move the car. On the other hand too much air in your tyres can seriously jeopardize your car's handling. That why it's very important that you keep your tyres at the recommended pressure, which represents a good balance between ride, handling and fuel efficiency.
If you're not sure what the correct tyre pressure is for your vehicle, you can find it on the door to the glove compartment or on the driver's-side door pillar.

Re: Photo: Wrongly Inflated Tyres Can Severely Reduce Your Fuel Economy by shaddi(m): 8:07am On Mar 04, 2015
I thought the reverse was the case, cos when the tyre pressure is low the engine tends to do alot of work... I always over gauge my tyres by +5psi...

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Wrongly Inflated Tyres Can Severely Reduce Your Fuel Economy by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
shaddi:
I thought the reverse was the case, cos when the tyre pressure is low the engine tends to do alot of work... I always over gauge my tyres by +5psi...
City driving may require appropriate psi, for example
tyre with 51psi, may be inflated to 48psi
But when you need to hit the road across cities, deflated it to 40psi.
This will effect a better tyre grip on the high way, that has been standard in continental USA and Mexico
Please psi stated for example purposes

(1) (Reply)

New Engine For My Baby Boy 99 Model, 4 Plugs / Pls I Need This Nissan Primera 2002 Cd/radio Urgently. / Toyota Or Honda 2004 - 2008 Edition Naija Used Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.