Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms (2048 Views)

List Of 10 Free Genuine Job Recruitment Agents In Nigeria / Russian Oil Firms Plan 10,000 Jobs In Nigeria / Vacancy In Audit And Consulting Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 04, 2015
Its so bad that Most of our recruitment and consulting firms r the reason why lots of Nigerians r un-employed n some dead through road accident today.

How can you after receiving an applicants application, knowing fully well that he/she lives in let's say place like kano or kaduna or even abuja and ur sending invitation for a test that will hold the next day by 9am in Lagos??

How do you want him or her to make it ? Do we look lyk witches with flying broom stick?

U c people going against the wish of there parent not to take night bus, u c applicants taking the risk of boarding a night bus..

Its so annoying cos I hv missed about 6 strong job invitations from big companies and even the famous Zinox Computers , all cos they want me to fly from kaduna to lagos within 12hours n some 8hours..

That's not fair at all....

Pls this people should do something about it cos WE ALL DNT LIVE IN LAGOS...!!!

Ekwuchagom!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
My guy move to Lagos to find your desired job and stop complaining on nairaland. angry

I know a lotta peeps in Lagos that haven't seen ordinary one test invite since graduating yet you are here ranting lubbish.

FriedPlantain

3 Likes

Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by sholay2011(m): 1:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
FriedPlantain:
My guy move to Lagos to find your desired job and stop complaining on nairaland. angry

I know a lotta peeps in Lagos that haven't seen ordinary one test invite since graduating yet you are here ranting lubbish.

FriedPlantain
The OP has a point though...companies should put into consideration where the applicant claims he/she stays on his/her CV. It's either they don't invite the person based on distance issues or send an invite with enough time for preparation.

You don't expect EVERYONE to come to Lagos, Friedagbalumo.

9 Likes

Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
sholay2011:

The OP has a point though...companies should put into consideration where the applicant claims he/she stays on his/her CV. It's either they don't invite the person based on distance issues or send an invite with enough time for preparation.

You both are actually right but the truth is do these companies check the applicant's address on his/her CV when shortlisting one for an interview or test? The answer is that most companies don't. I remember how long as a young chartered accountant, I stayed in Niger state applying for jobs and missing numerous job test and interviews. Not until I got my sorry a55 down to Lagos did I finally land me-self that job. Well that it worked for me that does not necessarily mean it would work for you, I'm giving an advice. smiley
FriedPlantain 

1 Like

Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
sholay2011:

@bolded, grin grin grin grin grin...can agbalumo be fried?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
MarvellousGod:
@bolded, grin grin grin grin grin...can agbalumo be fried?? grin grin
angry angry
Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Yeahreen(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
It's so annoying I tell yuh. Cos I have experienced it 1st hand..Arrived lagos 2dai nd my interview was 4 d next dai. I wonder hw dey expected me to prepare...Somethin Gud is on its way sha...#I Feel It
Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by XtraSmooth404: 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hustling for jobs while residing in lag is cost effective, safe and convenient. If you're not in lag, then you gotta be selective in the kinda jobs you apply for to avoid such complaints. That's the harsh reality.
Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by sholay2011(m): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You both are actually right but the truth is do these companies check the applicant's address on his/her CV when shortlisting one for an interview or test? The answer is that most companies don't. I remember how long as a young chartered accountant, I stayed in Niger state applying for jobs and missing numerous job test and interviews. Not until I got my sorry a55 down to Lagos did I finally land me-self that job. Well that it worked for me that does not necessarily mean it would work for you, I'm giving an advice. smiley
FriedPlantain 
Bro, I get you totally. I also just moved to Lagos under the guise of NYSC. But what is a problem remains a problem even if some of us have found a way to meander around it.

No one knows how far the complaint of the OP can go, that's why I didn't go with the 'you should also move to Lagos' answer.

While we are getting used to a problem, let's still keep eyeing its solutions and saying them at any platform we have.

@OP...You too should move to Lagos! angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by prelinctus: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
All of you shouting 'Move to Lagos' should stop, please. How could you be so inconsiderate? Have you ever bothered to ask whether the Op has anywhere to stay in Lagos? Do you think everybody has a relative or friend in Lagos that can accomodate one throughout the job search period? Mscheew

2 Likes

Re: So MAD @ Most Recruitment Agents And Consulting Firms by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
We all don't have to move to lagos to get our drm jobs, recruitment firms and coy re suppose to put into consideration applicants location before sending invite or does it mean we applicants don't have rights anymore? Its so unfair when u hav a crucial interview and u hav less dan 8hrs to travel and prepare.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Immediate Employment / Amcon And Boi Which Pays Better? / Busara Center For Behavioral Economics Graduate Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.