Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Kissing Children On The Lips Is It Right Or Wrong - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kissing Children On The Lips Is It Right Or Wrong (581 Views)

Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / My Lips Is Getting Black / Papilloma Deadly Virus Is A Virus Gotten From Kissing, Please Kiss Less Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kissing Children On The Lips Is It Right Or Wrong by Kingsleymichael(m): 9:41am On Mar 04, 2015
It is becoming a common practice for adults to plant kisses on children’s lips.

Children enjoy being kissed even when they have no idea what it means. A little baby would smile or laugh when an adult plants a kiss on him or her.

Most parents kiss their children as a sign of affection but they will cringe when they see others kissing their little babies on the lips. Some others will however not even be bothered about it.

Some people would not mind if the kiss is from grandparents, siblings and other family members but they would not accept it when it’s coming from friends and peers.

Though some will point out, “I don’t want people kissing my baby on the lips because it is not healthy,” but deep down, you know that is not the main reason. Some parents feel like kissing their children on the lip is something intimate that an outsider shouldn’t do without permission.

Recently, there was this photo of a popular TV personality, Sammy Walsh kissing the 3-year-old son of Ice Prince on the lips. It quickly sparked a lot of reactions. Some said there was nothing wrong with it as he was a little child and besides his family was not complaining.

Some others were not comfortable with it as they pointed out that Sammy and the little boy were not related.

Children of all ages see adults kissing one another and most children also receive kisses from parents and other adults. This sends a message that kissing is acceptable.

But when is it not okay for an adult to kiss a child on the lips?

As a parent, at what age should you stop giving your children kisses on the lips?

What kind of kiss is acceptable for a child?

Re: Kissing Children On The Lips Is It Right Or Wrong by daimsy(f): 9:44am On Mar 04, 2015
Right because they came from you.
Re: Kissing Children On The Lips Is It Right Or Wrong by Richiy(f): 10:13am On Mar 04, 2015
Kissing children on the lips is very wrong and I will not tolerate it when I have kids.

So many things can come from the lips and children do not have a strong immune system yet.

No offense o, but no kiss my pickin for mouth.

1 Like

Re: Kissing Children On The Lips Is It Right Or Wrong by lecturerdabo(m): 10:14am On Mar 04, 2015
at a point, I was calling my daughter "kissy kissy" cos she will not allow me go until i ve kissed her but we changed to peck when she reached three!
Re: Kissing Children On The Lips Is It Right Or Wrong by Kingsleymichael(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
lecturerdabo:
at a point, I was calling my daughter "kissy kissy" cos she will not allow me go until i ve kissed her but we changed to peck when she reached three!
Thats Good One

(1) (Reply)

Look Younger And Beautiful! / Women Beware! / Mother Inspired By The Kardashians Is Left With Horrific Swollen Face After Alle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.