Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan (740 Views)

I’m Not Guilty, But I’ll Return N400m To Show Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrupti / I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose –jonathan / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by lolaxavier(m): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that he will return to his Otuoke home in Bayelsa State, if by default, he loses the March 28 presidential election.
Jonathan, who said Nigeria is not his father’s estate, was however optimistic that he “will not lose the election.”
“If by default somebody wins the election, of course, I will go back to my village. The country is not my father’s estate,” he told the Quatar-based international television station, AlJazeera, on Monday night.
The President denied that he was scared of the All Progressives Congress and its Presidential candidate, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, adding that he would win because he had performed well.
When asked what he made of the insinuations in some quarters that the sudden step-up of military operations in the fight against Boko Haram was because he was scared he might lose the election on the grounds of insecurity, he replied , “It is out of ignorance.
“In a political environment, if one party, particularly the ruling party, is going to the left, the opposition would have to go to the right. They must find something. They must have something to tell the people.”
The President, however, explained that Boko Haram insurgents were able to wreak havoc on parts of the country for long because the military lacked certain weapons to confront them.
The President noted that with the procurement of modern weapons, the security agencies would rout the terror group soon.
He also denied that he mishandled the threat posed by the sect to the country and that the activities of the group did not start with his administration.
Jonathan, who reassured Nigerians that the rescheduled elections would not be postponed, said the security agencies had not promised to rout out Boko Haram completely before the elections.
The President however explained that the military would degrade the insurgents to the level that they would no longer have the strength to disrupt the polls.
He said,“That is the key thing. In terms of taking over our territories by the sect,we will retake them and very soon, there will be no part of Nigeria where the insurgents will erect a flag and say this is a Boko Haram territory.
“That we will do but what I am saying is that even if you do that, that does not mean you are isolated from terror attack, but gradually with improvement in terms of technology and monitoring we will able to bring it down.
“When we take over all the territories they are holding, they are becoming weaker, now we will improve our monitoring using superior technologies to monitor their activities. We will begin to pick them and then of course, frustrate their activities. So over the period, it will go. We cannot live with terror. No, we can’t. We will stop it.”

Excerpt (Read full story here) - http://blog.avacubes.com/ill-return-to-my-village-if-i-lose-jonathan/

Re: I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2015
Your people will herald your home-coming like a Hero.
Re: I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by seunlayi(m): 10:11am On Mar 04, 2015
THIS IS THE LAST THING GMB WILL EVER SAY.
POLITICS IS NOT A DO OR DIE AFFAIR.
GEJ IS NOT AFRAID OF LEAVING BUT GMB IS AFRAID OF LOSING
STATEMENT LIKE THIS MAKES YOUR SUPPORTERS TO REMAIN CALM EVEN IF YOU LOOSE,
BUT STATEMENT MADE BY APC IS TO STIMULATE VIOLENCE AFTER ELLECTION

GEJ TILL 2019,

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by lolaxavier(m): 10:31am On Mar 04, 2015
seunlayi:
THIS IS THE LAST THING GMB WILL EVER SAY.
POLITICS IS NOT A DO OR DIE AFFAIR.
GEJ IS NOT AFRAID OF LEAVING BUT GMB IS AFRAID OF LOSING
STATEMENT LIKE THIS MAKES YOUR SUPPORTERS TO REMAIN CALM EVEN IF YOU LOOSE,
BUT STATEMENT MADE BY APC IS TO STIMULATE VIOLENCE AFTER ELLECTION

GEJ TILL 2019,

What is this one saying? Rather this is a statement of weakness, stylishly succumbing to defeat. This is someone who has come forward to say there is no way he can ever lose the election. Now he has seen the writings all over the wall. Guy you get no choice, your road to Otuoke is wide. No worry, we go help you pack...

Vote wisely...Buhari 2015

1 Like

Re: I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Vision4God: 11:09am On Mar 04, 2015
GEJ u are highly favored by God.
God bless u mr president.
We salute ur courage.
Re: I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Akinsz: 11:55am On Mar 04, 2015
Even if you use stronghead, na bundle we shall bundle you.
Re: I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by lolaxavier(m): 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
Akinsz:
Even if you use stronghead, na bundle we shall bundle you.

Hahahahaha
Re: I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
Before nko you for stay thier and sleep there because is ur family house......you better plan how to delete and clean the money ur people steal b4 u go......And i pray if u loose just stay in aso rock u we end like "gbagbo" of Ivery cost.....we need fresh air to breath

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Politicizing Boko Haram, Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Senator / Photos: Anambra Governor And Wife Honoured With Duke And Duchess By CLCN / Pictures Of Bloodthirsty Crowds Flock To ISIS Theatre/cinema.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.