Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria (55445 Views)

Scholarship For First And Second Degrees University Programs / 2019 Gis Training Programs You Need For Your Success! / 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Ayodejioak(m): 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
@ op why u forget.... anything ending with Education?
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by upcrown2512(m): 9:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
ZOOLOGY
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by ugowill: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
The person wet write this thing nah big fool.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Only in Nigeria do we hear thrash like this.

We all believe in studying courses that are fast roads to success.Guess what,life should be about studying what you want and making a name out of it.

The courses you listed at OP are courses that can give anyone a satisfactory and okay life thereby being happy with their field of work.

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Symphony007: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Most idiotic post ever! Kudo emesis eke, graduate of mass communication is the general manager, external relations, NLNG. Enough said....
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Holuwathoby(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
wilsondave:
dude I disagree with you on food science..... are you a university graduate..... if yes take it or leave it food science and technology is a very good course, in fact probability of getting job is high and u can also be self employed as a food scientist.... a food scientist can work in company listed bellow...

NBC Nigeria bottling company and
NB PLC
Nestle
Noodles company
eatery.... e.t.c
you can as well work in a milk company...

in fact when talking about food processing we talking about anything that enters into the oesophagus.....

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by yak(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
I beg to disagree wit d OP on many of most of d listed courses- being sorounded by francophone countries, opportunithties abound. I cant beliv I saw counselling in dat list wen deres a national policy dat no institution be it secondary or higher witout d service n d office of counsellor. opportunities in d communication space makes mass communication more lucrative than many so called lucrative areas. do u realize dat evry organisation has dept of communication or public relations
some1 has spoken abt d opportunities dat abound in food science. food scientist MAY av greater openings than microbiology.[color=#006600][/color] as for me, STUDY any course u can, make GOOD GRADES- 1st class, 2:1 and b d best u can. ;afterall hw many ;graduates of banking and finance are working in d bank?

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Symphony007: 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
ifeoluwa232:
Mass comm is nt a gud course @ll I spent 3 year @hme jst 4 me 2 be admitted afta dat no job
from the way you articulate, I can tell the fault is from you and not the course you studied. Review your post and think if you deserve your Bsc as a mass communicator...
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by vivianpeal(f): 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
some points rasied here is a bit shallow. there are some courses raised here that are sooo good and career opportunities are high. dud do your home work well. undecided
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Holuwathoby(m): 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
U dey smoke fish by placing FOOD SCIENCE on that List. Few of the companies that are really doing well in Nigeria today are FOOD related. Some of d places that a FOOD SCIENCE graduate can work include - WHO, NAFDAC, GSK, NESTLE, CADBURY, DANGOTE, CHI FOODS, BREWERIES HOSPITAL( as a Nutrition consultant if u major in Nutrition) I decided not to mention some other ones that hav bn mentioned by other litrate ppl on ds thread, and u may want to argue it out that these are not d top companies in Nigeria after Oil, Financial and ICT sectors that are making waves even with d present economic situation. FOOD SCIENCE n TECHNOLOGY is actually one of the most diversified and best courses anywhere in d world - Google is ur frnd...

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Kingpinukecy(m): 10:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
youngdoctor:
Actually most of the courses you listed are relevant.. So get your facts right. E. G food science, Mass communication, History, French.. If everyone of us are doctors then who will work in other parastatals.. Infact sef.All courses are worthy of being studied cos who knows where the destiny lies.. A friend studied french in Unilorin and now works in the French embassy. He collects big money pass me sef. I envy him die.. Just imagine he studied law probably he will be an average man now.. So......!!!!
no b lie my bros,tru tlk

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Melasam(f): 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bwaal:
iz ur course dah worse??
ma course is da grt, ...........who even kias abt wat studied!
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by shegsrules(m): 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
wilsondave:
dude I disagree with you on food science..... are you a university graduate..... if yes take it or leave it food science and technology is a very good course, in fact probability of getting job is high and u can also be self employed as a food scientist.... a food scientist can work in company listed bellow...

NBC Nigeria bottling company and
NB PLC
Nestle
Noodles company
eatery.... e.t.c
you can as well work in a milk company...

in fact when talking about food processing we talking about anything that enters into the oesophagus.....

Food regulatory agencies and some drug regulatory agencies
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by ReSexzskilz(f): 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2015

Op
¿¿¿¿¿
U are high with ur dog's urine!

U better remove History from ur useless list, bastard.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by nenny(m): 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
It does not matter what you studied, if you don't develop yourself after school you'll still be useless to the society.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by sulmeza(m): 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
johhnnie:
I think we need to question the level of expertise of the op. I think he lacks in exposure and understanding of the 21st century work place.

I read geography and presently work with the presidency on merit and based on my expertise. I have also worked on a number of world bank/ British Council/ UN collaborative sustainability development projects based on the same background in geography. This is the era of climate change and if a geographer amongst other professionals is not relevant who else?
no mind d op..he tot geog's all abt wat he was taught in high skul....

No research...no source..ntn...nd dis was pushed to d fp...i smh 4 d mods o
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by gostudyeurope: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
Study Study Study in the Czech Republic in English!!!!

Study in our partner university English program for admission 2015!!

Study!!!

Bachelor program Business Management and Corporate Finance
Bachelor program Marketing Communication
Master program Business Management and Corporate Finance
Master program Marketing Communication
MBA

Here are the basic admission requirements:

In order to receive student Admission letter you will have to provide US with the following through e-mail:

* Copies of Passport,
* Copies of Educational Certificates, WEAC/ B.SC transcript.
* Copy of Birth Certificate etc.

All the above mentioned documents should be in English

If the school decide to accept you. An interview will be organized via Skype. ( Pls only genuine students are admitted. If you come over to Czech Republic and you didn't turn-up to study WE/ our partner university will cancel your visa and turn you back to NIGERIA)

Admission will close Soon.. Contact us by email info@gostudyeurope.org
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by EmmyDe25(m): 11:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
abokikhalifa:
Op I don't agree with you in the case of mass communication.....mass communication is very wide... You can chose to work for the print media,electronic media, advert company nd so many.... Mass comm as to do with comunication nd if u ar a good communicator u have the chance to work were ever you like.. You can choose to be a public relation officer in a big company such as cocacola,dangoter, nd so many more that is if you ar good in communication... At the same time, if u ar lucky to get a job in an electronic media such as television or radio u can be a sport repoter,newscaster,discjockey,announcer,editor,weather reporter, nd you can even do the work of an MC(master of ceremony nd many more.... So bros, mass comm is a good course nd we have so many tv nd radio stations nd even newspapers nd magazins around africa.. No mind my long talk
Many people certainly dont understand this.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by deedondavi(m): 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
Abeg O.P what about MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY....plz inbox me
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by kelvinzohan: 12:09am On Mar 05, 2015
I don't know how dat post made it to the front page. no knowledge is lost. and we don't go to school
because we want to get rich quick. I don't think this guy crossed the wall of a university.

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by dejabou10: 12:51am On Mar 05, 2015
I chatted with a young American lady, she told me her mum is a Nurse n she wished to study photography....I was dazed n asked her y not medicine or health related courses or lucrative course? She said she will be happy to be a photographer..... Its this country that makes things to turn upside down, no matter ur course, be happy,be the best n make the best out of it.
I'm sure u'll be sadden when u see some barristers after years still suffering.
I STUDIED HISTORY, n I'm so proud to be a HISTORIAN

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by yuppyz(m): 12:53am On Mar 05, 2015
You might be right to some extent that these courses are not very popular. But what you need to understand is that success in life depend largely on your personal goals and God given vision. We have only one professor of Cinematography in the whole of Nigeria and she is a woman. Some many people who are doing very well today don't even know where their certificate is.
Education is meant to refine people and not just to get employment.

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Analysiscorner: 1:44am On Mar 05, 2015
NICE TO HAVE A HISTORIAN IN OUR MIDST I chatted with a young American lady, she told me her mum is a Nurse n she wished to study photography....I was dazed n asked her y not medicine or health related courses or lucrative course? She said she will be happy to be a photographer..... Its this country that makes things to turn upside down, no matter ur course, be happy,be the best n make the best out of it.
I'm sure u'll be sadden when u see some barristers after years still suffering.
I STUDIED HISTORY, n I'm so proud to be a HISTORIAN
[/quote]
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by paschenko(m): 2:25am On Mar 05, 2015
op pls get a life, ur thread is so daft , next u'll advise against studying banking n finance cos d banking sector in Nigeria is retrenching massively. stop misinforming d younger ones here. abi this guidance n counseling u are doing here shld also not being studied in school? #SMH
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by gagzee(m): 3:23am On Mar 05, 2015
smh,,,atleast we all know the op is dumb!!, but for the mod that brought this topic to frontpage?....nehn u r waaay dumber!!!!
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by ethylene: 3:27am On Mar 05, 2015
Aare2050:
I study YORUBA LANG. And I'm proud of it. Either I get a job or not. In as much as I'm happy. I think that's all that matters. TIWALASA!!!
Coupled with a little knowledge in agricultural science, You could be a renowned native doctor grin
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by itstpia8: 3:32am On Mar 05, 2015
gagzee:
smh,,,atleast we all know the op is dumb!!, but for the mod that brought this topic to frontpage?....nehn u r waaay dumber!!!!

Smh.

And they don't want to be called half baked
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by itstpia8: 3:33am On Mar 05, 2015
yuppyz:
You might be right to some extent that these courses are not very popular. But what you need to understand is that success in life depend largely on your personal goals and God given vision. We have only one professor of Cinematography in the whole of Nigeria and she is a woman. Some many people who are doing very well today don't even know where their certificate is.
Education is meant to refine people and not just to get employment.

Exactly.

Besides, the definition of success is relative.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by danla44(m): 5:43am On Mar 05, 2015
Joshuadon:

oga na wen NTA recruit last??

NTA is worst and unprofessional TV station I have even known...
Am sure APC will change them soon...
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by mansmith(m): 6:02am On Mar 05, 2015
Little mind. No wonder Nigeria can't grow above their mediocre status.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by gagzee(m): 8:00am On Mar 05, 2015
itstpia8:

Smh.

who tf be dis one undecided
itstpia8:

Smh.

who tf be dis one
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Bwaal(m): 9:20am On Mar 05, 2015
Melasam:
ma course is da grt, ...........who even kias abt wat studied!
so which course and school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2015/2016 Unizik Pre Science Form(facts About unizik pre science Programme) / See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna / Primary 3 Exam Question About Buhari & Jonathan: Unfair or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.