Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company (1818 Views)

FAST JOBS FOR ARTICLE WRITERS, EDITORS ... / Remote Work For Reporters, Writers, Editors And Web Developers / URGENT Job Vacancy For Writers/editors In a Leading Online Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by deolascope: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
An online media company with its office situated in Ikeja, Lagos is recruiting writers and editors to manage its websites. This position is strictly for people who are passionate about writing, blogging, editing, news reporting and producing creative content.

Focus Areas: News, Entrepreneurship, Career, Style, Beauty, Weddings, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Politics

Job Status: Full Time

Requirements: Applicants must have a very good grasp of English comprehension and grammar and must be able to communicate effectively. They must also be creative, confident and hard working. A good knowledge of online news, business, politics, entertainment, wedding, trends in Nigeria would also be beneficial within this role.

Candidates who are very familiar with national/international online news platforms and who have some experience with blogging and uploading content on websites have a better chance of being shortlisted.

Roles: The job roles include writing articles; sourcing and reporting news; copy-editing content; uploading content online; conducting interviews and attending events.

Qualification: This job is open to Corps Members, SSCE, Diploma and OND Holders. Candidates interested in Internship in an online media company can also apply.

To Apply

Interested candidates should send their CV and two writing samples to greenscopeng@gmail.com
The email should contain a short cover letter (maximum 300 words) clearly outlining why you are the best candidate for this job. Candidates who have articles already published online should send links to such articles.

Paste CV, cover letter and writing samples in the body of the email. DO NOT send attachments.

Salary Range: N20,000 to N30,000 (Negotiable)

* Please note. This is a full time job. We are not looking for freelance or part-time writers.

1 Like

Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by PalmTree(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
How many posts would your prospective writers be required to upload daily? ...and for the roles you listed, the remuneration is poor. No offence because I am assuming that you are a start up outfit trying to survive the heat but if your writers are going to double as correspondents then that pay won't land you the quality you desire.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by deolascope: 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
PalmTree:
How many posts would your prospective writers be required to upload daily? ...and for the roles you listed, the remuneration is poor. No offence because I am assuming that you are a start up outfit trying to survive the heat but if your writers are going to double as correspondents then that pay won't land you the quality you desire.
Best Regards.

Thanks for your feedback.

No, writers will not double as correspondents. The general roles were listed, doesn't mean one person will have to do them all. We will discuss number of posts with shortlisted writers.

1 Like

Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by PalmTree(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
deolascope:

Thanks for your feedback.

No, writers will not double as correspondents. The general roles were listed, doesn't mean one person will have to do them all. We will discuss number of posts with shortlisted writers.

I appreciate your clarification. I have sent a mail to the e-mail address provided. I hope one would be able to work from anywhere as long as it's within stipulated timeframe, this is because of candidates outside Lagos.
Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
Jst sent my cv to d above email. I am passionate abt writing. I started the first press club in my university. I also have maximum experience in radio broadcasting.
Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by deolascope: 6:08am On Mar 05, 2015
PalmTree:

I appreciate your clarification. I have sent a mail to the e-mail address provided. I hope one would be able to work from anywhere as long as it's within stipulated timeframe, this is because of candidates outside Lagos.

I'm afraid, we don't have vacancies for freelance writers. We need people who can be physically present with us at the office.
Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by deolascope: 6:09am On Mar 05, 2015
yungbeef:
Jst sent my cv to d above email. I am passionate abt writing. I started the first press club in my university. I also have maximum experience in radio broadcasting.

Thank you. We also require you to send in samples of articles you've written before. If you haven't done that already, please do.
We will get back to you.
Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by delgroveng(m): 6:15am On Mar 05, 2015
yungbeef:

Hello

Can you be so nice as to forward a copy of your resume
Also a link to one write up you have posted online b4 as a blog or as a freelancer.

staffbus@delgroveng.com
Re: Vacancies For Writers & Editors In An Online Media Company by henrixx(m): 8:29am On Mar 05, 2015
deolascope:
An online media company with its office situated in Ikeja, Lagos is recruiting writers and editors to manage its websites. This position is strictly for people who are passionate about writing, blogging, editing, news reporting and producing creative content.

Focus Areas: News, Entrepreneurship, Career, Style, Beauty, Weddings, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Politics

Job Status: Full Time

Requirements: Applicants must have a very good grasp of English comprehension and grammar and must be able to communicate effectively. They must also be creative, confident and hard working. A good knowledge of online news, business, politics, entertainment, wedding, trends in Nigeria would also be beneficial within this role.

Candidates who are very familiar with national/international online news platforms and who have some experience with blogging and uploading content on websites have a better chance of being shortlisted.

Roles: The job roles include writing articles; sourcing and reporting news; copy-editing content; uploading content online; conducting interviews and attending events.

Qualification: This job is open to Corps Members, SSCE, Diploma and OND Holders. Candidates interested in Internship in an online media company can also apply.

To Apply

Interested candidates should send their CV and two writing samples to greenscopeng@gmail.com
The email should contain a short cover letter (maximum 300 words) clearly outlining why you are the best candidate for this job. Candidates who have articles already published online should send links to such articles.

Paste CV, cover letter and writing samples in the body of the email. DO NOT send attachments.

Salary Range: N20,000 to N30,000 (Negotiable)

* Please note. This is a full time job. We are not looking for freelance or part-time writers.
this perfectly suits me...am a graduate of mass communication waiting for service in September also going to serve as well in Lagos....I am soo interested and pls don't you guys do sport too?

(1) (Reply)

Arkminster / Food Processing Company Job Recruitment In Abuja / 2014 Federal College Of Education(technical)gusau Recruitment:whats The Update?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.