Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage (4311 Views)

How To Spot Ladies Desperately Looking For Boyfriends--thatyorubadude / 10 Categories Of Guys Ladies Desperately Chase For Marriage / How To Spot Ladies Desperately Looking For Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Two is better than one. It is only in marriage that one plus one equals one and the only institution you receive certificate @ the beginning and never graduate.

Hitherto the level of desperation among ladies nowadays is like comparing it to the recent global meltdown.

Going straight to the point, here are the few wrong reasons why ladies desperately go into relationship/marriage;

1. Peer pressure: Your colleagues/friends @ school, working place, social platforms, area, etc are getting married, engaged, going into relationship and you are the only single lady among them becomes a serious issue as your family will ask several questions if your attitude is bad, negative or unfriendly. The kind of feedback you get from friends and family is so negative leaves you no option to scout for any man that comes your way leading to unhappy relationship/marriage.

2 Age and Time: You feel "oh time is going". Nneka, mirexxx, ishilove, missjenna etc (lol just for example) are into relationship, they will soon marry and they are in their early 20's while I will soon be 30, menopause coming, beauty depreciating, etc. Everybody has their time. It pays to be patient atimes. Of course the patient dog eats the best meal. Delay is not a denial but an experience for greater heights.

3. Financial stability: The economy is not friendly nowadays and sorry to say Nigerian ladies has turn relationship into money making business. The kind of criteria ladies set about their ideal men is vague and very difficult to meet. Before she says YES, the guy must Behind her up, buy tech gadgets, foot some of her bills. This is the more reason the radar of heart breaks is increasing day by day. When he is done getting his pleasure, you become a dumping ground.

4. Show off: Ladies like show off. They class themselves from other single ladies by displaying engagement rings on their finger, upload pix of her boo on dp, etc. So in order to terrorise their counterparts, they make it a routine exercise to class themselves.

5. Escape route: To run from your house chores, family issue, you become a SEMI prostitute by luring any man as long he has d finance to care of you. Escape route to become wife as soon as possible allows desperation cloud your judgement by marrying the wrong man.

6. Emotional relief: Ladies are emotional and need the touch of a man who cares about how they feel. Some ladies don't know how to control their emotion that at the slightest touch of a guy, their defence mechanism is gun down. So in order not to become a slut, they look for the next available 6 pack bobo to man their emotion.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by pacesetter939: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
Friendship & Companionship are missing o your listing.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by zyzxx(m): 6:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nice point

Coz of wristwatch
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by morethanadoll(f): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Your post is true for woman who are in a hurry to be in either situation. I am here speaking on behalf of black American women who are college-educated. We are not in a rush to be married, no matter who is doing it. We would rather focus on our education and careers first and only then, will we begin to find husbands. This type of woman wants to be able to take care of herself, with or without a man. It doesn't matter if we are almost 30 years old. We would rather do it because we genuinely love the person and/or have our lives together first. Once again, I am speaking for black women who are college-educated and want good things in life.

P.S. In no way, shape, or form am I comparing our lives to that of the Nigerian woman since I will never be her or walk in her shoes to understand her reasons behind her actions. I am only here to educate and give everyone a look into our world, good or bad! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by tosyne2much(m): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nice one OP cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:
Your post is true for woman who are in a hurry to be in either situation. I am here speaking on behalf of black American women who are college-educated. We are not in a rush to be married, no matter who is doing it. We would rather focus on our education and careers first and only then, will we begin to find husbands. This type of woman wants to be able to take care of herself, with or without a man. It doesn't matter if we are almost 30 years old. We would rather do it because we genuinely love the person and/or have our lives together first. Once again, I am speaking for black women who are college-educated and want good things in life.

P.S. In no way, shape, or form am I comparing our lives to that of the Nigerian woman since I will never be her or walk in her shoes to understand her reasons behind her actions. I am only here to educate and give everyone a look into our world, good or bad! cheesy

Nice comment.

Really... I thought the American ladies hurry or rather marry early compare to the Africans?

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
tosyne2much:
Nice one OP cheesy

Lol thanks bro.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
zyzxx:
Nice point

Coz of wristwatch

Lol

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
pacesetter939:
Friendship & Companionship are missing o your listing.

Oya explain the point bros
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Henrypraise41(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Op what you are saying is true, they rush to get married but before you know it the marriage will collapse because of inmaturity.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by mirexxx(f): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:
Two is better than one. It is only in marriage that one plus one equals one and the only institution you receive certificate @ the beginning and never graduate.

Hitherto the level of desperation among ladies nowadays is like comparing it to the recent global meltdown.

Going straight to the point, here are the few wrong reasons why ladies desperately go into relationship/marriage;

1. Peer pressure: Your colleagues/friends @ school, working place, social platforms, area, etc are getting married, engaged, going into relationship and you are the only single lady among them becomes a serious issue as your family will ask several questions if your attitude is bad, negative or unfriendly. The kind of feedback you get from friends and family is so negative leaves you no option to scout for any man that comes your way leading to unhappy relationship/marriage.

2 Age and Time: You feel "oh time is going". Nneka, mirexxx, ishilove, missjenna etc (lol just for example) are into relationship, they will soon marry and they are in their early 20's while I will soon be 30, menopause coming, beauty depreciating, etc. Everybody has their time. It pays to be patient atimes. Of course the patient dog eats the best meal. Delay is not a denial but an experience for greater heights.

3. Financial stability: The economy is not friendly nowadays and sorry to say Nigerian ladies has turn relationship into money making business. The kind of criteria ladies set about their ideal men is vague and very difficult to meet. Before she says YES, the guy must Behind her up, buy tech gadgets, foot some of her bills. This is the more reason the radar of heart breaks is increasing day by day. When he is done getting his pleasure, you become a dumping ground.

4. Show off: Ladies like show off. They class themselves from other single ladies by displaying engagement rings on their finger, upload pix of her boo on dp, etc. So in order to terrorise their counterparts, they make it a routine exercise to class themselves.

5. Escape route: To run from your house chores, family issue, you become a SEMI prostitute by luring any man as long he has d finance to care of you. Escape route to become wife as soon as possible allows desperation cloud your judgement by marrying the wrong man.

6. Emotional relief: Ladies are emotional and need the touch of a man who cares about how they feel. Some ladies don't know how to control their emotion that at the slightest touch of a guy, their defence mechanism down is gun down. So in order not to become a slut, they look for the next available 6 pack bobo to man their emotion.
hian! mirexx ke undecided
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by morethanadoll(f): 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

Really... I thought the American ladies hurry or rather marry early compare to the Africans?

I can't speak for all of us as a nation, but I do know the women that are close to me and I consider friends and collegues are more focused on their careers and making their own living tend to hold off on relationships/marriage.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
mirexxx:

Lol nah joke. Abi u want make I use eraser clean ur name comot?
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:

I can't speak for all of us as a nation, but I do know the women that are close to me and I consider friends and collegues are more focused on their careers and making their own living tend to hold off on relationships/marriage.

That shows your personality and what you believe in which is superb. I love ladies like u.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by mirexxx(f): 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

Lol nah joke. Abi u want make I use eraser clean ur name comot?
yes o
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by morethanadoll(f): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

That shows your personality and what you believe in which is superb. I love ladies like u.

Thank you kindly! I try to be the type of woman that I want to see my younger brothers marry someday. smiley
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
mirexxx:
yes o

After 3 months, I will erase it ok. tongue
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by adahgold(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Like I always say everything has a beginning, u will notice DAT gals who behave like this r either 30years or above d simple truth is DAT dey wasted dere youthful age saying wen I reach dis age I will I will I will I will DAT is wat they keep saying until all those write up u highlighted start manifesting one after d other...
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:

Thank you kindly! I try to be the type of woman that I want to see my younger brothers marry someday. smiley

Oh lovely. U just changed my view about American ladies esp the blacks. I have this mind set most of you possess bad character.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by morethanadoll(f): 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

Oh lovely. U just changed my view about American ladies esp the blacks. I have this mind set most of you possess bad character.

I'm glad that I could do that! I would expect you to have your stereotypes due to not knowing or being exposed, as we all do with other cultures. Everyone makes bad decisions. It is only the levels that are different! Haha However, there are the "creams of the crop" in our country, as there are everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
adahgold:
Like I always say everything has a beginning, u will notice DAT gals who behave like this r either 30years or above d simple truth is DAT dey wasted dere youthful age saying wen I reach dis age I will I will I will I will DAT is wat they keep saying until all those write up u highlighted start manifesting one after d other...

Your analysis is correct but don't forget it happens among young ladies @ their early 20's too.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:

I'm glad that I could do that! I would expect you to have your stereotypes due to not knowing or being exposed, as we all do with other cultures. Everyone makes bad decisions. It is only the levels that are different! Haha However, there are the "creams of the crop" in our country, as there are everywhere.

U are an example of beauty and brain wink

I will like to see more of your type when I visit the states.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by morethanadoll(f): 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

U are an example of beauty and brain wink

I will like to see more of your type when I visit the states.

I hope that you do!
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:

I hope that you do!

By God's grace, one day I will.

Besides is it currently cold @ d states?. It's so hot here.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by tosyne2much(m): 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
mirexxx:
mirexxx baby cheesy
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Mhizizzy(f): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Not every ladies tho

Marriage is not life fulfilment ...

Not even wiv d high rate of
Divorce
Cheating
Babymamas
Domestic violence..
GA.ys
Nd lotz more
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by morethanadoll(f): 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

By God's grace, one day I will.

Besides is it currently cold @ d states?. It's so hot here.

Where I am located, it is warm and humid for now. To be exact, 70 degrees Fahrenheit at this moment. However, it is supposed to rain and freeze overnight and the temperature will drop to 32 degrees Fahrenheit by the morning. So, we may get a little snow.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:

Where I am located, it is warm and humid for now. To be exact, 70 degrees Fahrenheit at this moment. However, it is supposed to rain and freeze overnight and the temperature will drop to 32 degrees Fahrenheit by the morning. So, we may get a little snow.

Oh lovely. It's 34 degree Celsius here not even fahrenheit. But really 32 degrees fahrenheit?? Very low temp and cold. Where is your location?
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Mhizizzy:
Not every ladies tho

Marriage is not life fulfilment ...

Not even wiv d high rate of
Divorce
Cheating
Babymamas
Domestic violence..
GA.ys
Nd lotz more

Yea it's not but necessary.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by mirexxx(f): 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

After 3 months, I will erase it ok. tongue
tongue
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by morethanadoll(f): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:

Oh lovely. It's 34 degree Celsius here not even fahrenheit. But really 32 degrees fahrenheit?? Very low temp and cold. Where is your location?

I am in the southern states. The state where the largest port for slaves in the country once existed. I'll let you do some mini research to figure it out. wink
Re: Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:

I am in the southern states. The state where the largest port for slaves in the country once existed. I'll let you do some mini research to figure it out. wink

Uhmm okay. Could it be Misissipi, South carolina, Georgia or New orleans?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over / ‘I Gave Him Sex For A Place To Live, But He Wants My Daughters As Sex Slaves Too / When She Says She Is A Virgin (part Two)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.