Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,264 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:27 AM

What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? (3192 Views)

I Hope Other Governors Will Stand For Their People Like Fayose – Pastor Adeboye / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) / Parisbookaddict, Does Islam Discriminate Against Negroes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
9jaforlife:
"All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman" 2 Chronicles 15:13

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

"When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand" Deuteronomy 25:11-12

"And contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death" Deutronomy 17:3-5

Bible says Kill Rape Victim!
"If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death--the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you" Deutronomy 22:23-24

Bible Condones Rape of War Victims
"Are they not finding and dividing the spoil-- a girl or two for each warrior, the spoil of colored garments for Sisera, the spoil of an embroidered garment or two for my neck?" Judges 5:30

Puhleeease don't say 'OT'. Jesus was clear enough in this New Testament verse

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"
aight. Pls show me in recent times where such is advocated and above scriptures used as their bedrock to carry out such? None but the reveres is the case for islamic jihadist hence my call for new koran free of violence and hate.
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Do you want to know what islam really want, pls watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmGRshS0PAw

go to 11:13 you would see how the speaker said that queen elisabeth and kate middleton the whor.e will put on niqab... do you wonder why they are seeking asylum in italy... this video i saw on youtube is revealling what islam stands for
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by 9jaforlife: 5:38am On Mar 09, 2015
hisblud:
aight. Pls show me in recent times where such is advocated and above scriptures used as their bedrock to carry out such? None but the reveres is the case for islamic jihadist hence my call for new koran free of violence and hate.

It's not until they quote it. Didn't Bush claim that God inspired him to fight war in Iraq?

Besides those who claim that they're following the Quran to do those nonsense are wrong, and they've been condemned by Muslims again and again!

1 Like

Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 09, 2015
9jaforlife:

It's not until they quote it. Didn't Bush claim that God inspired him to fight war in Iraq?

Besides those who claim that they're following the Quran to do those nonsense are wrong, and they've been condemned my Muslims again and again!
ok but from the time bush made that "statement" till now have you seen ANY advocating such things in churches or gatherings? But look at this video what do you see?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmGRshS0PAw make a choice.
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by 9jaforlife: 5:19am On Mar 10, 2015
hisblud:
ok but from the time bush made that "statement" till now have you seen ANY advocating such things in churches or gatherings? But look at this video what do you see?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmGRshS0PAw make a choice.

Yes. Some Muslims advocate for world domination and even want to achieve this by violence. It is wrong and Muslims condemn this act as well. An example is in Nigeria where Muslims have kicked against the action of Boko Haram. They're fighting to achieve the exact opposite of what Muhammed stood for, e.g. trying to abolish education. They say they're following Quranic teachings but it's a lie, any good scripture can be manipulated to support personal selfish interests.

The difference is that when christians do it, nobody blames christianity but when the evil perpetrators happen to be Muslims, Christians want EVERY SINGLE Muslim to pay for the wrong doing!

Can you imagine the damage that has been done by the likes of Bush? He was the number one man in the world for heaven's sake! He used state resources to ruin nations and end lives brutally... Christians will never pay attention to this even after he said 'god' inspired him; but the world would have been set ablaze if he was a Muslim!
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 12, 2015
9jaforlife:

Yes. Some Muslims advocate for world domination and even want to achieve this by violence. It is wrong and Muslims condemn this act as well. An example is in Nigeria where Muslims have kicked against the action of Boko Haram. They're fighting to achieve the exact opposite of what Muhammed stood for, e.g. trying to abolish education. They say they're following Quranic teachings but it's a lie, any good scripture can be manipulated to support personal selfish interests.

In the first place, why have an attitude or world view of world domination... this signify a myopic and tyranicall mode of thinking. why not allow people live and let live peacefully without having the tot of world domination.... world domnation undecided . Am glad that muslims are condemning but if you notice the video, such chants is what makes the appeal for world domination without recourse to using tolerance and understand among the muslims.

The difference is that when christians do it, nobody blames christianity but when the evil perpetrators happen to be Muslims, Christians want EVERY SINGLE Muslim to pay for the wrong doing!

Can you imagine the damage that has been done by the likes of Bush? He was the number one man in the world for heaven's sake! He used state resources to ruin nations and end lives brutally... Christians will never pay attention to this even after he said 'god' inspired him; but the world would have been set ablaze if he was a Muslim!

Yet again, and i repeat, I CONDEMN george bush statement on his stance. However, what do we preach in our churches or gathering... live holy without which you will not see God... love your neighbor as yourself... which has made christians seem docile at worst unlike when i watch some teachings by islamic cleric such as the video above that encourage violence and hate. so you see my friend...what does islam want... and if they want peace or to spread over the world... let them promote tolerance for other beliefs and see how to convince fellow humans using their action for good not destruction.

1 Like

Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by 9jaforlife: 2:12am On Mar 15, 2015

In the first place, why have an attitude or world view of world domination... this signify a myopic and tyranicall mode of thinking. why not allow people live and let live peacefully without having the tot of world domination.... world domnation undecided . Am glad that muslims are condemning but if you notice the video, such chants is what makes the appeal for world domination without recourse to using tolerance and understand among the muslims.

Unfortunately there's little that Muslims can do about the chanting, aside condemning the heinous acts. Putting an end to terrorism rests on the government and the support of everyone, Christians and Muslims.

Yet again, and i repeat, I CONDEMN george bush statement on his stance. However, what do we preach in our churches or gathering... live holy without which you will not see God... love your neighbor as yourself... which has made christians seem docile at worst unlike when i watch some teachings by islamic cleric such as the video above that encourage violence and hate. so you see my friend...what does islam want... and if they want peace or to spread over the world... let them promote tolerance for other beliefs and see how to convince fellow humans using their action for good not destruction.

Just like you condemn barbaric acts by christians, I as well as other Muslims condemn those who are extreme in their actions, thinking that they can force Islam on people. And Muslims DO promote tolerance. Be rest assured that the percentage of 'tolerance' preachings are greater than those extremists' call for violence by a long shot. Just that Islamophobes try to make it look like every Muslim is in the business of violence! But anyone with an open mind knows better.
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by 9jaforlife: 2:12am On Mar 15, 2015

Unfortunately there's little that Muslims can do about the chanting, aside condemning the heinous acts. Putting an end to terrorism rests on the government and the support of everyone, Christians and Muslims.

Just like you condemn barbaric acts by christians, I as well as other Muslims condemn those who are extreme in their actions, thinking that they can force Islam on people. And Muslims DO promote tolerance. Be rest assured that the percentage of 'tolerance' preachings are greater than those extremists' call for violence by a long shot. Just that Islamophobes try to make it look like every Muslim is in the business of violence! But anyone with an open mind knows better.
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by Shirley07: 9:09am On Mar 15, 2015
9jaforlife:

Smh. How can it be wrong when Mohammed was the Boko haram, ISIS, Al-queda of his era.

1 Like

Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by 9jaforlife: 6:17am On Mar 16, 2015
Shirley07:

Smh. How can it be wrong when Mohammed was the Boko haram, ISIS, Al-queda of his era.

No. Muhammed (PBUH) fought wars in his time, just like every other religion. But you are so unfair by comparing it with baseless murders committed by those you named above. Didn't christianity spread its religion by wars? Read this:

Christianity was spread by Sword

“Some Christians pretend that Christianity was not established by the sword; but of what period of time do they speak? It was impossible that twelve men could begin with the sword: they had not the power; but no sooner were the professors of Christianity sufficiently powerful to employ the sword than they did so, and the stake and gay too; and Mahomet could not do it sooner. By the same spirit that Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's servant (if the story be true) he would cut off his head, and the head of his master, had he been able. Besides this, Christianity grounds itself originally upon the [Hebrew] Bible, and the Bible was established altogether by the sword, and that in the worst use of it — not to terrify, but to extirpate. The Jews made no converts: they butchered all. The Bible is the sire of the [New] Testament, and both are called the word of God. The Christians read both books; the ministers preach from both books; and this thing called Christianity is made up of both. It is then false to say that Christianity was not established by the sword.”
― Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by Shirley07: 5:09am On Mar 18, 2015
9jaforlife:

No. Muhammed (PBUH) fought wars in his time, just like every other religion. But you are so unfair by comparing it with baseless murders committed by those you named above. Didn't christianity spread its religion by wars? Read this:

Christianity was spread by Sword

“Some Christians pretend that Christianity was not established by the sword; but of what period of time do they speak? It was impossible that twelve men could begin with the sword: they had not the power; but no sooner were the professors of Christianity sufficiently powerful to employ the sword than they did so, and the stake and gay too; and Mahomet could not do it sooner. By the same spirit that Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's servant (if the story be true) he would cut off his head, and the head of his master, had he been able. Besides this, Christianity grounds itself originally upon the [Hebrew] Bible, and the Bible was established altogether by the sword, and that in the worst use of it — not to terrify, but to extirpate. The Jews made no converts: they butchered all. The Bible is the sire of the [New] Testament, and both are called the word of God. The Christians read both books; the ministers preach from both books; and this thing called Christianity is made up of both. It is then false to say that Christianity was not established by the sword.”
Stop saying nonsense.
Christ, the 12 apostles, Paul never spread the gospel with swords and that should be every christian standard because they founded christianity.
However, islam was founded with murder, theft, deciet, promiscuity and all form of atrocities.
I'll keep praying that what happened to the followers of Christ in his era happens to me and what befell the followers of Mohammed in his days befall all muslims. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by 9jaforlife: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2015
Shirley07:

Stop saying nonsense.
Christ, the 12 apostles, Paul never spread the gospel with swords and that should be every christian standard because they founded christianity.
However, islam was founded with murder, theft, deciet, promiscuity and all form of atrocities.
I'll keep praying that what happened to the followers of Christ in his era happens to me and what befell the followers of Mohammed in his days befall all muslims. AMEN.

Your ignorance is through the roof! I'm laughing hard now. The only 'history' you know is the s*tupid lies they've fed you about Islam!

You're implying that d*umb national anthem of christians that says "violence belongs in the OT". Wasn't that how christianity came about Whether you want to hear it or not, Christianity was spread by Sword. I'm quoting this again.

I know that violence occurred in the early days of Islam. What befell the followers of Muhammed was a lot of oppression and injustice, hence they had to fight to defend themselves. I don't wish that any injustice be carried out against me, and I don't pray to have any oppression to fight. But since you're claiming that Christianity was all spread through peace, may God give you a taste of how Christianity was spread. Ameen.
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by Shirley07: 10:03am On Mar 27, 2015
9jaforlife:

Your ignorance is through the roof! I'm laughing hard now. The only 'history' you know is the s*tupid lies they've fed you about Islam!

You're implying that d*umb national anthem of christians that says "violence belongs in the OT". Wasn't that how christianity came about Whether you want to hear it or not, Christianity was spread by Sword. I'm quoting this again.

I know that violence occurred in the early days of Islam. What befell the followers of Muhammed was a lot of oppression and injustice, hence they had to fight to defend themselves. I don't wish that any injustice be carried out against me, and I don't pray to have any oppression to fight. But since you're claiming that Christianity was all spread through peace, may God give you a taste of how Christianity was spread. Ameen.
You're a fool.
Jesus had huge followers and crowds with him. The likes of Mary Magalene, Mary and Martha, Lazaraus were part of the huge crowds that followed him around. The 12 disciples were only his right hand men.
Christ is the founder of christianity and he's my message. Anyone that do otherwise isn't part of Christ as oppossed to Mohammed.
May the evil of Mohammed visit you and your household.
Re: What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? by 9jaforlife: 3:43am On Mar 30, 2015
Shirley07:

You're a fool.
Jesus had huge followers and crowds with him. The likes of Mary Magalene, Mary and Martha, Lazaraus were part of the huge crowds that followed him around. The 12 disciples were only his right hand men.
Christ is the founder of christianity and he's my message. Anyone that do otherwise isn't part of Christ as oppossed to Mohammed.

May the evil of Mohammed Jesus visit you Shirley07 and your household.

Oh my!! The truth about your religion is hunting you!

This post of yours is even meaningless, just like the poster's life. Refer to my quote again....

CHRISTIANITY WAS SPREAD BY SWORD

Now, did I say that the 12 apostles were the ONLY ones who followed Jesus In spreading any ideology, isn't it the leader's right hand people that help to spread the message? You blab about Mary and Martha, we are talking about war, d*ummy, do you expect that women would have fought wars

Secondly, did my post say that Christ was not the founder of Christianity

Now, Shirley07, isn't it obvious to you who the real fool is?? Infact, the only fool bigger than Shirley07 is Shirley07 angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Alleged Witch Stripped Naked After Confession In South Africa / Why Jews Don't believe in Jesus / God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.