Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

How To Open And Run A School Successfully - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open And Run A School Successfully (65447 Views)

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / Trick On How To Open And Verify US UK Paypal Account In Nigeria. / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 10:28am On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

Oww yes ma , by His grace
wow!!! dats great pls tell me how u started.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 10:32am On Mar 07, 2015
emusmith:

GO TO ANY SCHOOL AROUND YOU THAT YOU CONSIDER A MODEL AND LEARN!

sad undecided
pls learn as in how? is it teaching in d school or asking d proprietor questions? pls explain. thanks
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:
Run a Google search with my school name,

DEBORAH ADEJOKE MEMORIAL SCHOOL
wow hv seen it. dats nice pls pray me oooo so dat my dream wl com true
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 11:05am On Mar 07, 2015
Expressions:
Quite appreciated but can you guide the op and anyone interested on how you went about it from the scratch. Maybe a sample of vision and mission statement et al.

Your answers to the following WHY questions are your vision and mission statement
. 1. Why did you decide to start a new school when there are several other schools around you?
2. What will you do better than the average school around you?
3. How will you survive the competition ?
4. How will you convince me as a parent or guardian to register my child/ward in your school?
5. What can you give to make you stand out

Vision statement
1. Where do you hope to be in a few years time
2 . what do you intend to achieve starting your school
3. What help will your school do to the Nigerian child

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 11:06am On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
wow hv seen it. dats nice pls pray me oooo so dat my dream wl com true

Yes , your dream will come true , don't despise starting small but know first why you're starting it
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 11:11am On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
wow!!! dats great pls tell me how u started.

Started very small , intact it was not a humble beginning but rather a humiliating beginning
Started with just 2 children in my family way back 2003
But two things were constant
1. The academic standard was defined even before start
2. Standard has been kept afloat ', that accounts for the treason we have the best set of pupils in my entire environment ,.... We are unbeatable .........

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 11:37am On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

Your answers to the following WHY questions are your vision and mission statement
. 1. Why did you decide to start a new school when there are several other schools around you?
4. How will you convince me as a parent or guardian to register my child/ward in your school?

Vision statement

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

Vision statement
thanks for reply. pls hw can one convince d parents/guardian n wat are d things one can do to mk her school outstanding?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
pls learn as in how? is it teaching in d school or asking d proprietor questions? pls explain. thanks

Yes. Go to them and ask, they may not share all so observe...
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
emusmith:

Yes. Go to them and ask, they may not share all so observe...
kk thanks
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
thanks for reply. pls hw can one convince d parents/guardian n wat are d things one can do to mk her school outstanding?

The only way to convince parents is to offer service .......
When you offer quality service , parents will pay Premium ....... School business is not a wuruwuru to the answer thing , you have to really do what you say ........ When you offer quality service , you don't have to bother how enrollment would increase ........

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

The only way to convince parents is to offer service .......
When you offer quality service , parents will pay Premium ....... School business is not a wuruwuru to the answer thing , you have to really do what you say ........ When you offer quality service , you don't have to bother how enrollment would increase ........
OK wat are d things u do to mk Ur school stand out?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
@Williams how wl one pay d staff/teachers at d beginning?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
kk thanks

You're welcome
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
emusmith:

You're welcome
do u own a school?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
OK wat are d things u do to mk Ur school stand out?

1. Earn your parents' respect
2. Make a promise to them and deliver
3. Give them a guarantee
4. Have qualified set of staff
5 . develop a standard above average curriculum
6. Do the extradrdinary

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
@Williams how wl one pay d staff/teachers at d beginning?
Paying staff at the beginning is sacrifice
You have to be ready to bear the loss of staff pay before money starts rolling in

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
do u own a school?

No. I know people who do. You wanna start a school?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

Paying staff at the beginning is sacrifice
You have to be ready to bear the loss of staff pay before money starts rolling in
is it a gud idea to partner wt someone to set up a school?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
emusmith:

No. I know people who do. You wanna start a school?
yes
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
is it a gud idea to partner wt someone to set up a school?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,
Yes and a No
Yes in the sense that the person might provide funding for the business

No because a school is not a money spinning venture ( at least for the first five years of operation),

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,
Yes and a No
Yes in the sense that the person might provide funding for the business

No because a school is not a money spinning venture ( at least for the first five years of operation),
OK thanks as of nw DAT am not financially stable wat do u advise I do? shld get a loan?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
OK thanks as of nw DAT am not financially stable wat do u advise I do? shld get a loan?

You can get a loan on two conditions

1. If its a long term , low interest loan
2. If you have the financial ability to pay up the loan outside the school's purse

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

Vision statement
Thanks. This is really educative. I appreciate the posts, please keep them rolling in.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 6:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

Started very small , intact it was not a humble beginning but rather a humiliating beginning
Started with just 2 children in my family way back 2003
But two things were constant
1. The academic standard was defined even before start
2. Standard has been kept afloat ', that accounts for the treason we have the best set of pupils in my entire environment ,.... We are unbeatable .........
Wow, that was really starting from the rock bottom.

Kindly, at what point or stage did it become necessary to register the school and then also get government approval? I know it varies with states, but what would be the conditions/standards.... and monetary estimate for the registration and approval?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
Expressions:

Kindly, at what point or stage did it become necessary to register the school and then also get government approval? I know it varies with states, but what would be the conditions/standards.... and monetary estimate for the registration and approval?

Yes oooo rock bottom as it is fondly called
School registration and state approval is not beans
When you start your school , don't think of the state approval within the first 2_ 3 years , work on your standard and your name , there is no point spending millions on state approval when you don't have customers

Sell the name first , earn your parents confidence and trust , build a great school , not necessarily a building but a solid academic structure
And work on workforce ,

If you have your classrooms , a functional library and equipment with coooooooool cash then walk up to the registration arena but in the mean time you can get the CAC registration for your school , it helps a lot

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Expressions:
Thanks. This is really educative. I appreciate the posts, please keep them rolling in.

I'm humbled , thanks sir/ma

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

When you start your school , don't think of the state approval within the first 2_ 3 years , work on your standard and your name , there is no point spending millions on state approval when you don't have customers

Sell the name first , earn your parents confidence and trust , build a great school , not necessarily a building but a solid academic structure
And work on workforce ,

If you have your classrooms , a functional library and equipment with coooooooool cash then walk up to the registration arena but in the mean time you can get the CAC registration for your school , it helps a lot
This did justice to the question, thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:

And work on workforce ,

thanks very much u r a darling BT wait oo wch one be CAC?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:00am On Mar 08, 2015
Expressions:

bia u r really learning much ooo its time to bring Ur dough u knw wat I mean wink[
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2015
queenprecy:
thanks very much u r a darling BT wait oo wch one be CAC?
The zeal to learn is there I like that. Let me attempt to answer that question:

[b]CAC stands for Corporate Affairs Commission. Their responsibility is to register (big or small) businesses in Nigeria. It doesn't take much to register your business with the CAC.

Why he said it will be of help is that having your business registered gives it some credibility, given that it then acquires an identity.

What I mean is:

• It gives you the legality to use the name to do business, that's first, you will be sure you are not using an existing business name plus you are sure no one else will ever use your own business name;

• You can then open a current account with the registered business name, this account is different from the personal account you have been using. To open an account for your business, the bank will require a Certificate of Registration of Business Name which will specify your approved business name, business address and all;

• It will make people have confidence in doing business with you. As your customer, to start with, it will be easier for me to pay money into an account with a registered business name than into an account with your personal name. Plus people can, with trust, want to invest in your business knowing it is registered and that you won't run away just like that;

• If you run a business without registering it and along the line, you get involved in a legal battle, you will be in soup[/b]... smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 8:23am On Mar 08, 2015
queenprecy:
bia u r really learning much ooo its time to bring Ur dough u knw wat I mean wink[
I'll be back to respond to this. Gotta run along now. Happy Sunday wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc / Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. / Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.