Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This (15244 Views)

Please Urgent Help From Web Developers! / Best Web Designers In Nigeria: List Of Top 5 Web Developers In Every State / Google Adsense Will Ban You If Guilty Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by zonax(m): 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
Not All
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
voltron:
This happens when the customer is a learner and the web developer is Nigerian. Abroad there is a proper business requirements session and a deep scope for the project is established before kick off. We are simply unprofessional about these things and rely on skill instead of proper techniques
Loool
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Realdeals(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
Very funny! but mostly true
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by dokunbam(m): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
undecided
Hmmm... someone is guilty
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by moderatorr1: 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Problem is the amount clients pay web developers in Nigeria.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by kelobestline(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
he's promoting him self, and leaving d rest to get deceived.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
voltron:
This happens when the customer is a learner and the web developer is Nigerian. Abroad there is a proper business requirements session and a deep scope for the project is established before kick off. We are simply unprofessional about these things and rely on skill instead of proper techniques
Is the client ever willing to pay for quality, some even want a clone of this website for 15k.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
blink182:
Is the client ever willing to pay for quality, some even want a clone of this website for 15k.

this is because Quality Professional Web Developers always want to work alone and not form Pressure Groups to define Standards and Enforce them using constituted bodies.. when a Yahoo-yahoo boy is experiencing cash flow issues, they come to nairaland and put up adverts for N10k-N15k websites and market it better than Professional Geeks. How won't Customers think you can get Quality for Cheap?
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Ellababy808(f): 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Good work
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
voltron:

this is because Quality Professional Web Developers always want to work alone and not form Pressure Groups to define Standards and Enforce them using constituted bodies.. when a Yahoo-yahoo boy is experiencing cash flow issues, they come to nairaland and put up adverts for N10k-N15k websites and market it better than Professional Geeks. How won't Customers think you can get Quality for Cheap?
Lol
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by overlord77: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
voltron:

Quite true, however there have been instances where even after project reviews, the project owner suddenly keeps changing requirements. I have worked in a business process automation unit of a bank where on each milestone review, a lot of new things are added or initial project flow altered. And some of em business guys ask the dumbest and most silly questions. If possible, they'd prefer that your app cooks them rice and bean while they just sleep on.

1 Like

Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
overlord77:

Quite true, however there have been instances where even after project reviews, the project owner suddenly keeps changing requirements. I have worked in a business process automation unit of a bank where on each milestone review, a lot of new things are added or initial project flow altered. And some of em business guys ask the dumbest and most silly questions. If possible, they'd prefer that your app cooks them rice and bean while they just sleep on.

I wonder how such business persons get into the positions they occupy.. i remember Global Bank back in the days when one Manager asked me what the term url meant and i should stop abbreviating terms to trick them into paying more grin grin grin or how to transfer information between laptops using a network cable (what are USB drives for!!?)
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by directonpc(m): 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
No program is 100 percent complete. If not no need for updates. Anyways click my signature and rank my project.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
mykemiley:
Please thank God with me. They attacked me at about 2.30am this morning. They came into my room while I was sleeping. I heard their sound as they moved across the room towards me; as I got up, I remembered the scripture that says 'He has not given us the spirit of fear...'. As one of them came at me to attack, I had no choice but to defend myself. I quickly struck! The second one also flew at me. I couldn't believe what was happening. My neighbors heard the chaotic sound that was emerging 4rm my room and were wondering what was going on. I eventually hit the second one too; my hands were stained with blood.They lay still so I wondered if they were still alive, but when I looked at them on the floor, I found out one was still moving, I struck again & this time I hit harder in anger. That's how I killed the two giant mosquitoes attempting to suck my blood ooooooh. To God be the glory

This is really serious.
Eleyi gidi gan!!!
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hahaha
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
Naija
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by cbrass(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
Yes oo.... make I no lie grin
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by huhmuhyehmi(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
jboy73:
Lol... Developers ko bloggers ni?
bro is it mtn bis on andriod working with email and whatsapp?
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by greennproud: 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
voltron:

I have been a tech consultant since 2002. As IT Solution providers, you owe your potential and existing clients the responsibility for clarifying their requirements and expanding or streamlining their perception of what they want and what they need. 7 out of 10 clients have a vague idea of what they need but they know what looks like what they want. You are the experts not them. It is your hallowed obligation to provide solutions that don't become a piece of furniture nobody really uses and every one considers incomplete or a failed project. (As many are in Nigeria). You do this by educating your client and reshaping their learner ideas into professional world-class solutions that directly impacts the business in a positive and measurable manner. What happens most times is IT consultants work with vague requirements and they do not present a clear agreeable and superior argument to their clients that this is the way to go. They are either trying to sell their idea or product or trying to rope the client into a dependency so that they can make more money in phases.

If web projects are sent abroad instead of developed locally then it tells on local developers. One major reason I hear often is that local developers are not professional. This is why projects fail. Web developers have to remove their geek caps ang glasses and start thinking like entrepreneurs and business men
please can I have your No? I have smtn to discuss with you.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
huhmuhyehmi:
bro is it mtn bis on andriod working with email and whatsapp?
Yea
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Dreyson69: 12:15am On Mar 06, 2015
adewasco2k:
really most web sites i have designed are most NEVER 100% complete grin

Not that you cant complete it but you just get lazy about it and when the client ask its mostly....No i can complete that even within an hour grin

are you guilty?
Cheap Non Hosted Google adsense for Sale at 10k with verification Pin.. Whatsapp me if interested @08035253041
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by meltech(m): 3:01am On Mar 06, 2015
I am gility ohhhhhh...
Lol
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Ilekeh(f): 4:36am On Mar 06, 2015
adewasco2k:
really most web sites i have designed are most NEVER 100% complete grin

Not that you cant complete it but you just get lazy about it and when the client ask its mostly....No i can complete that even within an hour grin

are you guilty?

No, I'm not.

grin

Just use Drupal themes.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by huhmuhyehmi(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2015
jboy73:

Yea
wow! How did u go abt d setting? My own only work with browser, store, and few apps…it dos not work wit whatsapp, facebok, and email nd it even auto stop sometimes.

My settings are server host - 10.199.212.2 av also tried 127.0.0.1 port 8080 , injection url - http://www.web.blackberry.com, injection host web.blackberry.com, injection line 4 with SIMPLE SERVER and my APN is d web.gprs. mtnnigeria.net, port 127.0.0.1

Whr do u tink am i wrong?

1 Like

Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by AAinEqGuinea: 7:26am On Mar 06, 2015
voltron:

I program at a firm in America yet half of the so-called Web Engineers dont follow a building process at all. For the most part, they copy/paste code from the internet, take credit for stolen work to the business, and still manage to call themselves "engineers"
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 06, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I program at a firm in America yet half of the so-called Web Engineers dont follow a building process at all. For the most part, they copy/paste code from the internet, take credit for stolen work to the business, and still manage to call themselves "engineers"

True.. yet there are a good majority of successful web projects built on a solid foundation of Standards, there are quack doctors and there are real qualified doctors. if you let the quacks take the limelight, the real qualified doctors will always remain in the shadows
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 06, 2015
voltron:

A lot of Nigerian businesses will never sit down for any session with you. All they want if for a 'website' to be up and running.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 06, 2015
kuwait:

A lot of Nigerian businesses will never sit down for any session with you. All they want if for a 'website' to be up and running.

which is still a good start. i have met clients like that. all i do is ask them to show me one of their competitors websites they wish to adapt theirs to. most times they go for international comparisons.. then i tell them that they cannot achieve that sort of quality unless they understand what they are asking for. If they resist, i buy a template and host a website for them. get paid and close the project. in less than a month they return and say they need changes. I tell them they cannot change things as easily because it is built strictly to requirements not flexibility like the international ones. at this stage, someone's job is on the line and they are forced to follow Standard Process for successful web projects

1 Like

Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2015
voltron:

which is still a good start. i have met clients like that. all i do is ask them to show me one of their competitors websites they wish to adapt theirs to. most times they go for international comparisons.. then i tell them that they cannot achieve that sort of quality unless they understand what they are asking for. If they resist, i buy a template and host a website for them. get paid and close the project. in less than a month they return and say they need changes. I tell them they cannot change things as easily because it is built strictly to requirements not flexibility like the international ones. at this stage, someone's job is on the line and they are forced to follow Standard Process for successful web projects

Make some sense. It seems its all about 'taking' their money.
Re: Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
kuwait:

Make some sense. It seems its all about 'taking' their money.

A fool and his money are soon parted.. in 2002 a Major Brewery in Lagos hired a Major IT Firm in VI (SOLIX Tech- now defunct). they spent close to N6 million for their corporate website and all they got was a home-page with information and graphics and a lot of non-functioning pages behind. They did not get their requirements right and the Web Developer used the opportunity to rip them off. I came in at the tail end of the crisis when there was nothing left in the Budget for a website that year. They were ready to listen after my demo of their corporate website (in fact the demo became the live website for a year). Most clients are ready to listen after they have lost money and have had their fingers burnt. Al the same, it is our duty to build successful projects

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Change Your Blog Domain From ..com To .com Or .net In A Jiffy / Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder / Why Facebook,google,youtube Are Not Paying Taxes In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.