Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? (27136 Views)

White Man Urinates On The Road In Warri (photo) / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by MrUzo: 2:04am On Mar 05, 2015
I came all the way from ikeja, to Ago Palace way to meet up with someone, though the man jokingly told me to come with a jeep due to the state of the road. But in my mind I was like, how bad could such a road be that I haven't passed before (mtcheew).. But on getting there I was so shocked to see how dilapidated the roads were. I was so vexed because water was almost beyond the half of my tire even almost over running the tires in some parts of the streets. And it's not just ordinary water, it's dirty mouldy water. I remember he warned me to switch off my AC too while moving in the water. And this was around "September 2014"...When I was done with what I came to do for him, I told my self I was gonna come back to this place with a CAMERA to capture all of this.. Fast forward till Yesterday ( 04 March 2015) I visited again, and this roads are still the same way the were, no work has started in the streets, and the most annoying thing is that virtually all the streets to the left and to the right of "AGO Palace Way Road" are bad. And the are very long streets, even the Ago palace way is a very long road, half of it has been put interlocking the other half is just nothing to write home about. I took like 50 pictures and 8 Live Video's as I drove by.

It's a such a pity to know this kind of place still exist in lagos called "Ago Palace Way. I need to clear the air about this, am not being partisan neither am paid to this, but am only being patrotic to try to see how I could draw the eyes of the world the to this area which seems to have been neglected by this present. Administration. Under Governor Fashola.

And this is one one Governor I have so much respect for, I love his personality, how love he decides to take up a challenge, focuses on the challenge and gets it solved..

I watched how he took up the many challenges facing lagos, tackling them one after the other even though he didn't finish all but he had performed wonderfully well so far..

But I have an observation, I noticed he worked more in his first tenure than the second. Because I was expecting the momentum he used throughout the first tenure to continue in the second tenure but don't think they are comparable.. For instance, the first tenure you will easily find a street among 6 streets within a local government with road construction company men on ground working even even when election date wasn't close at all.. But in this 2nd tenure that's not the case.. One of my biggest observation in lagos is the abandonment of inner streets in some popular places of the city like Ikeja, Ojota, Alapere,Ketu,Oshodi, Okota, Ago Palace,etc. Some people may say am myopic for basing my observation on that, but that's what I like observing first in a government (road infrastructure). Sometimes I always wonder if this streets have a local government chairman but if you go meet the Chairmen they will tell you they don't have direct access to the funds.. that's it's with the governor.

Though, still on still, that doesn't make me loose respect for Gov.Fashola, his still the best governor Nigeria has ever had no doubt and his achievement in the various sector below speaks volume atleast the one I observed

Education sector: He really changed the face of public school, I don't think any governor beats him in this sectors.. Right in front of my eyes, student of Public Secondary School are getting A's and B's in WAEC.. the one I saw with my eyes at a cyber cafe 4 years ago of an Ojota secondary school girl.. I wan amazed, you don't wanna know how it use to be before.
What's about the structure of the school now, it's masterpiece.

Electricity: Powering street lights with generator and court houses also. Phenomenal achievement!

Also for Agriculture, Health sector, Transport system etc.. tuale to the Governor...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 05, 2015
I don't need to see picture to know how pathetic the road in Ago palace way is..

The road nearly turned my car to a submarine..since then I avoid the road like GEJ avoids the election.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by MrUzo: 2:18am On Mar 05, 2015
another

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by tyson99(m): 2:26am On Mar 05, 2015
Yomieluv:
I don't need to see picture to know how pathetic the road in Ago palace way is..

The road nearly turned my car to a submarine..since then I avoid the road like GEJ avoids the election.
grin no kill me with laff abeg so oga jonah dey dodge electionsgrin

13 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Mckennedy: 2:31am On Mar 05, 2015
Part 1 of APC is working Fashola is trying with all the tax payers money?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by MrUzo: 2:42am On Mar 05, 2015
More pix coming
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by MrUzo: 2:42am On Mar 05, 2015
More pix to come
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Trut(m): 2:47am On Mar 05, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by GboyegaD(m): 2:49am On Mar 05, 2015
Government should find a lasting solution to that road as it has become a nightmare particularly for those who live in that vicinity.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by menix(m): 2:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Ago palace hardship way u mean?

A road dat kept mii in lagos till 1pm, som1 travellin 2 d east.

To pick som1 frm d hospital, by d tym i got to d hospital d person was already @ Ajah, if u ve idea of d distance.

A road even with ur 4X4 u re not safe.

Wiv wat i was told, govt tried fixing it but enough court injunction cous Govt had to demolish fences nd structures to expand d road...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by hilary26(m): 3:09am On Mar 05, 2015
Fashola never spends a dime on any area densly populated by Igbos.
Quote me in disagreement but show counter evidence.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by itstpia8: 3:27am On Mar 05, 2015
hilary26:
Fashola never spends a dime on any area densly populated by Igbos.
Quote me in disagreement but show counter evidence.

Why don't you show the evidence of what you're claiming.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Elose11(m): 5:25am On Mar 05, 2015
Fashola is working and haters are hating. Most roads in Lagos are federal roads. Including Ago palace way. So ask GEJ why the road is bad. Leave Fart.shola and Thief.nubu out of it!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 5:29am On Mar 05, 2015
And they promised us CHANGE

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by rozayx5(m): 6:35am On Mar 05, 2015
mods frontpage
fashola is hype and hype is fashola

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by dridowu: 7:04am On Mar 05, 2015
stigman:
And Fools from there are here shouting APC
A real fool is that person that fails to respect others opinion.
@topic, yes the inner street in ago palace is noting to write home about, almost all the street has a very terrible bad road, yet you will see a sign board that says "Road construction will take 3weeks" and ds sign borad has been there for more than 2years. It is a pity the local government chairman is just there like a figurehead.

4 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 05, 2015
And there are Big companies in this Area cry and white people (Mostly Lebanese And Indians/Pakistanis) Own companies in Ago... So sad it's still in this state.. Too sad

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by tociano009(m): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2015
Lagos is moving
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Kenai: 7:20am On Mar 05, 2015
I can tell you with all certainty that Fashola is simply an empty drum living on media hype and propaganda. Compare the IGR of his state to what is really on ground and you'll notice what a nonentity he is.
Had this guy been governor of a state like Enugu, Cross River, Ekiti, or Jigawa do you think he'd be getting the amount of silly hype he's getting right now?
Anyway people, good job for praising mediocrity.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by dhardline(m): 7:26am On Mar 05, 2015
Heard its because majority of those living there are not yorubas.Let them keep managing cause even right now many of the road repaired in fash's first term have started to return to their previous state.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by NDPVF(m): 7:30am On Mar 05, 2015
Warisdis Op?.Is this actually in our APC state?.oh no no no!.
But fashola always present annual budget of over 400Billion. grin
Oh i forgot,Tinubu is in the state. cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Adesiji77: 7:41am On Mar 05, 2015
This is serious!

CC: lalasticlala, Seun
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by SaiBuharii: 7:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Road is not a busy one. If we are to start snapping bad federal roads and putting up the pix. I bliv we would nt hv space on Nairaland.

You should hv just used thia medium to mk the govt. aware instead of putting up a political element into untie discussion.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by simplemach(m): 7:57am On Mar 05, 2015
And this is exactly what they want to change the whole country to. Thank God they will not even smell victory.

7 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by LMAyedun(m): 7:58am On Mar 05, 2015
APC has killed Lagos state.

Lagos state is in need of urgent Change

SMH!!!

15 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by abe27633: 7:58am On Mar 05, 2015
that looks awful to be honest

3 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by bright007(f): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2015
chaii.....the rainy season is here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by angrybird007: 7:59am On Mar 05, 2015
If u ask me!na who I go ask?
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by omenka(m): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2015
Yomieluv:

gringrin
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by ichidodo: 7:59am On Mar 05, 2015
That road is not economic viable to be tolled...we don't see thieffnubu allowing Fashola fix that road in the short or long run.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians In South Africa / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? / Man From Marriage Introduction Dies In Accident On Lagos/Benin Road (Graphic Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.