Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,360 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:08 PM

Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? (27080 Views)

White Man Urinates On The Road In Warri (photo) / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 05, 2015
Frankmishael:
don't ever u insult gej again I have warn u
sorry saTANist..

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Juliesexy(f): 8:34am On Mar 05, 2015
simplemach:
And this is exactly what they want to change the whole country to. Thank God they will not even smell victory.
You never can tell. smiley
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2015
Yomieluv:
sorry saTANist..
I'm a man of God
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by praz001(m): 8:35am On Mar 05, 2015
hilary26:
Fashola never spends a dime on any area densly populated by Igbos.
Quote me in disagreement but show counter evidence.

That's a fat lie. check iyana school and igbo elerin at ojo local govt in iba with very nice road linking to the main express.
Get your facts right mr .

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by franzis(m): 8:36am On Mar 05, 2015
same here in surulere.. I dont mean the outskirts, 90 percent of the streets and roads are untarred, bad… rain falls you cant differentiate between gutter and road
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by DinoAnnberry(m): 8:36am On Mar 05, 2015
Mckennedy:
Part 1 of APC is working Fashola is trying with all the tax payers money?

Let him blem PDP for ur and i'll believe him.

Tinubu show us your teeth. grin
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by uzolexis(f): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2015
So u mean ago road is still like this up until now shocked shocked
I lived in ago before I left 9ja that was 2 yrs ago, they were working on the road but then they had been working on it for yrs at a snail pace. They would do like 1m and then it would take 1 month before they do another 1m, this always caused traffic, infact driving or even walking on ago road was a nightmare. Then they suddenly stopped working on the road when they got 2 century.If cars could speak, they would protest bitterly on ago road esp. from century to amuwo odofin....it's a nightmare I tell u.
I have my theory on why Fashola abandoned ago but I won't say it here cos there's an annoying new trend on NL n I don't want 2 get caught in it.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Ahmeduana(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2015
SaiBuharii:
Road is not a busy one. If we are to start snapping bad federal roads and putting up the pix. I bliv we would nt hv space on Nairaland.

You should hv just used thia medium to mk the govt. aware instead of putting up a political element into untie discussion.
IS IT ABOUT FEDERAL ROAD OR ABOUT STATE ROAD? PLEASE STOP DELEGATING YOUR INADEQUASY AND OWN UP TO YOUR SHORTCOMES!
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by bashydemy(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2015
Some people are just shouting and blaming Fashola without asking why the road is like that, Well you all need to know there are cases in court concerning that area and that was why work has to stop there.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/okota-road-tales-woes-residents-motorists-cry-govts-intervention/

https://www.nairaland.com/1351476/terrible-state-ago-okota-road-lagos

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by ayindejimmy(m): 8:42am On Mar 05, 2015
MrUzo:

Ago Road is under construction. Half of it from Ago junction to Century had been completed before some legal issue stalled the construction. This street the Op picture is off Cement Busstop. This is not the main Ago Road. This is a street off Ago. Most streets at Ago are not tarred. Only two streets off Ago Road are tarred with interlock bricks. Lateef Gboyega and Femi kila. But the main Ago Road is under intense construction. I work off Ago and I pass this road everyday. Compared to last year during the rainy season, the Portion of Ago Road from Century to Ago bridge is motorable now because the construction company have channel the stagnant water on the road into the canal.
At the speed they're doing the road, I think the government wants to complete it before its tenure.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by uzolexis(f): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2015
itstpia8:

Why don't you show the evidence of what you're claiming.

What he said is true. Ago is mostly populated by Igbos that's why Fashola doesn't care.

5 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by praz001(m): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2015
That is not the main ago road. The main one is been tarred with inter log ties. The pics displayed here is not the main road. Even the first bank at the road about was a little bit broken for the rod expansion.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2015
Why all these noise about Ago palace way?

OP you need to come and snap pictures of road in Ijesha so you can see the difference. the roads are dilapidated to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by uzolexis(f): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2015
SaiBuharii:
Road is not a busy one. If we are to start snapping bad federal roads and putting up the pix. I bliv we would nt hv space on Nairaland.

You should hv just used thia medium to mk the govt. aware instead of putting up a political element into untie discussion.

Did u say Ago road is not a busy one :O :O
Pls just take a drive on that road today, a trial will convince u. Enuff said.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by uzolexis(f): 8:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Immune1:
Not trying to start an ethnic crises here but OKOTA,AJAH,AJAO are a few known Ibo-dominated communities in Lagos; so any form of neglect or disservice by this APC led Lagos government should not surprise you .

That's just the truth.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Lexusgs430: 8:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Pay your Taxes(and it's siphoned into their personal bank accounts). Ifashola is pretending to work, while thief.nubu is orchestrating thiefry !!!!!
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by uzolexis(f): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2015
tejpot:
The one in Ago palace way has been facing a lot of court issh. Unless the residence stops taking the government to court, then will work begin. I remembered Fashola saying that the residents have taken the government to court and that is democracy in action.

Do u know why they took the govt. 2 court?? The govt broke down their houses while expanding d road and refused 2 compensate them. Who does that? This houses were built legally and according 2 d approved plan by the state mind u. if d govt. decides 2 change it's plan why won't it compensate those affected

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by stankezzy: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2015
hilary26:
Fashola never spends a dime on any area densly populated by Igbos.
Quote me in disagreement but show counter evidence.
thank you my brother , you are very observant , they want igbo votes but think igbos are foolish.
come to festac, ajao estate, ladipo etc any place igbos dominated it will have best of houses so that you cannot say it is not developed like munchi , oshodi and some other places yorubas stay.
you will notice that the road will be so bad and neglected that you will be asking , if this is lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by alheriTOJ(f): 8:59am On Mar 05, 2015
My mum lives in canal estate, not too far from ago, no one should blame fashola for this, I can attest to the fact that several constructions coys and engineers have been sent to fix the roads on numerous occassions, but people have refused! The last estate meeting they had in canal, several people said if the roads are fixed it would favour robbers, so they prefer to go through this self imposed and unnecessary hardship. Such backs mentality of the lot living in that axis.

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by calculusx(m): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2015
Don't blame LASG blame the Landlords for the dilapidated road. Ever wonder why some part were fixed and some parts are not. Too many court injunctions stopped LASG from continuing with the road project. I think they got what they deserve

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Firefire(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2015
Mega City ?

Interesting
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by calculusx(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2015
alheriTOJ:
My mum lives in canal estate, not too far from ago, no one should blame fashola for this, I can attest to the fact that several constructions coys and engineers have been sent to fix the roads on numerous occassions, but people have refused! The last estate meeting they had in canal, several people said if the roads are fixed it would favour robbers, so they prefer to go through this self imposed and unnecessary hardship. Such backs mentality of the lot living in that axis.

Imagine how they reason in this Century and someone came here blaming LASG for not fixing the roads and tribalising the thread. Imagine having these set of people in control of govt,there will never be any progress

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Franchise21(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2015
Was there 2 yrs ago n mehn, d Rd was in a bad state
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by firetrap(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2015
most of the pictures here are of the inner streets, believe me if you see pictures of the main road itself you'd cry till your eyes bled. just imagine a road that okada men refuse to take unless you offer 300 naira or more for a journey that shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. the water is so deep in some places that if you're in a keke you'd be partially submerged in water. someone said earlier that the road hasn't be repaired cos the area is mainly populated by ibos, sometimes I believe that that statement is true
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by harthonder(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2015
Fat Lie The Road Is Under Construction.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by cupidhero(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2015
uzolexis:

What he said is true. Ago is mostly populated by Igbos that's why Fashola doesn't care.
Are you saying areas mostly inhabited by yorubas are all tarred while those with more ibos are ignored?

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Olaone1: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2015
Multi-million Naira buildings but look at the road. Black mentality undecided

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by anonimi: 9:24am On Mar 05, 2015
Fashola is working!
Ambode is setting!!
JagaBandit is CHOPPING!!! grin cheesy

Meanwhile Lagosians are jonsing under 16 years of APCheat bondage embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2071670_amobodelagostreasuryintinubuspocket_jpeg76c650e7b4da72f386d60fc93b8843c5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Olaone1: 9:26am On Mar 05, 2015
alheriTOJ:
Oniro osi. The govt wants to do something but ordinary people now constitute an obstruction, abi? So, if these people made a decision not pay tax the govt would let them be as well, abi? Since it is their decision.

The govt wants development but its hands are tied because residents of the area don't want it, abi? Keep lying oo undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Tloc(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
It's worse in the Aguda area of Surulere, the few roads they manage to work on are nothing to write about. The most annoying part is they give the contracts to the same firms that abandon projects from street to street. Especially "PLYCON" Construction. Not minding the many months if not years of hardship the residents have to put up with. Adetola street has been under construction for more than three years.

4 Likes

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by anonimi: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2015
Mckennedy:
Part 1 of APC is working Fashola is trying with all the tax payers money?

This is "Living in Bondage" Part 4

- IGR increased over 34 times from N7.2 billion in 1999 to N246 billion in 2013.

- LASU fees increased 10 times from N25,000 to N250,000

- Annual budget of almost N500 billion.

Yet we get worstest FEEDER roads all over Lagos state shocked

dytbabe:
I am not a politician nor trying to promote any party
But lagos island is in a MESS

I came here for holidays and mehn, words can't simply express it

I was told this has been on for over 6months, ppeople dying and crying for help but non forthcoming
That water stinks

I am so angry, that I had to step out to take pictures.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973881_img2014122603230_jpeg799f2d35e600328f93182225e2391bbf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973895_img2014122603236_jpeg485d075040f712b8f8307d1975273b07

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973927_img2014122603253_jpegd8f38f219e6af362262c6094f7a9ec7e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973905_img2014122603242_jpeg1aeef009b62751d4b69a0003b529e03c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973906_img2014122603243_jpeg7938cd7d76e2bf011d257d01242cd040

Yet some people want us to promote these non-entities and their winchious party to Abuja, chai sad

God forbid!
Olrun m'aje!!
Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by bdek(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2015
uzolexis:

Do u know why they took the govt. 2 court?? The govt broke down their houses while expanding d road and refused 2 compensate them. Who does that? This houses were built legally and according 2 d approved plan by the state mind u. if d govt. decides 2 change it's plan why won't it compensate those affected

where is ur evidence ,let the court decide that, propagandas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving / 4 Ways Nigerians Can Take A Luxury Trip Abroad Without Spending A Fortune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.