Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? (27140 Views)

White Man Urinates On The Road In Warri (photo) / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by uzolexis(f): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2015
bdek:

where is ur evidence ,let the court decide that, propagandas

This is not propaganda, my uncle was affected so i'm talking 4rm personal experience. The court ruled in his favor n he was finally compensated cos he could get a good lawyer but there r still many others in his shoes that r yet 2 be settled.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 05, 2015
The road will get worse;as far as the majority of the populace in ago palace way are ibos,it will not be repaired. Only if pdp governs lagos that it will happen. Places like okota rd,ajao estate,ire akari estate,festac town satellite town, etc where you have majority of igbos are usually like that.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by babestella: 9:56am On Mar 05, 2015
Ago roads had been like that for more than 16 years. Igando, Ikotun, Ejigbo, Alimosho, Isheri Osun, Ijegun etc are all in a very bad state. You really need an SUV to live in those area. I tried it last year on my way back from Festac, and after I swam the water on the major road which certainly go into my engines, I swore never to go to that area again until the road if fixed.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by nepp(f): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2015
I live in ago palace and the roads are so so bad. Just go to last bustop. You'll be surprised cry
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by slightlyMad(f): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2015
construction is going on at ago at the moment, so bear with the construction firm.
cant you see the drainage in the picture?
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 05, 2015
What happen to the inner streets? Cos I live there, is there an injunction restraining him from working on the roads
praz001:

That's a fat lie. check iyana school and igbo elerin at ojo local govt in iba with very nice road linking to the main express.
Get your facts right mr .
do you need pictures?
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Mrbigman1(m): 10:39am On Mar 05, 2015
Fashola is working
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Laid2001: 10:53am On Mar 05, 2015
Suddenly every link road wants to be paved in lagos!
In other states the main roads are like that Ago Palace link road in the OPs picture!.

Surely Fashola has not constructed all the roads in Lagos but he surely constructed more roads than majority of the other state governors.

And for thos talking about the Lagos Budget, They should realise that Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa are in the same order of Budget as Lagos. Yet Lagos is doing generally well compared to these states!
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by sojnaija(m): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2015
that Ago Palace way,,
na principalities dey worry the road oh!!
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by dubbiskelly(m): 11:29am On Mar 05, 2015
How would you expect the ethnic APC party that deported igbos to fix roads in a predominantly igbo settlement? Fashola na tiff.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by stinggy(m): 11:29am On Mar 05, 2015
hilary26:
Fashola never spends a dime on any area densly populated by Igbos.
Quote me in disagreement but show counter evidence.

The 3 roads he commissioned in Kosofe LG like a week ago undecided
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by arimahoseloka(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2015
ewwww disgusting!!
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by fistonati(m): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
MrUzo:
I came all the way from ikeja, to Ago Palace way to meet up with someone, though the man jokingly told me to come with a jeep due to the state of the road. But in my mind I was like, how bad could such a road be that I haven't passed before (mtcheew).. But on getting there I was so shocked to see how dilapidated the roads were. I was so vexed because water was almost beyond the half of my tire even almost over running the tires in some parts of the streets. And it's not just ordinary water, it's dirty mouldy water. I remember he warned me to switch off my AC too while moving in the water. And this was around "September 2014"...When I was done with what I came to do for him, I told my self I was gonna come back to this place with a CAMERA to capture all of this.. Fast forward till Yesterday ( 04 March 2015) I visited again, and this roads are still the same way the were, no work has started in the streets, and the most annoying thing is that virtually all the streets to the left and to the right of "AGO Palace Way Road" are bad. And the are very long streets, even the Ago palace way is a very long road, half of it has been put interlocking the other half is just nothing to write home about. I took like 50 pictures and 8 Live Video's as I drove by.

It's a such a pity to know this kind of place still exist in lagos called "Ago Palace Way. I need to clear the air about this, am not being partisan neither am paid to this, but am only being patrotic to try to see how I could draw the eyes of the world the to this area which seems to have been neglected by this present. Administration. Under Governor Fashola.

And this is one one Governor I have so much respect for, I love his personality, how love he decides to take up a challenge, focuses on the challenge and gets it solved..

I watched how he took up the many challenges facing lagos, tackling them one after the other even though he didn't finish all but he had performed wonderfully well so far..

But I have an observation, I noticed he worked more in his first tenure than the second. Because I was expecting the momentum he used throughout the first tenure to continue in the second tenure but don't think they are comparable.. For instance, the first tenure you will easily find a street among 6 streets within a local government with road construction company men on ground working even even when election date wasn't close at all.. But in this 2nd tenure that's not the case.. One of my biggest observation in lagos is the abandonment of inner streets in some popular places of the city like Ikeja, Ojota, Alapere,Ketu,Oshodi, Okota, Ago Palace,etc. Some people may say am myopic for basing my observation on that, but that's what I like observing first in a government (road infrastructure). Sometimes I always wonder if this streets have a local government chairman but if you go meet the Chairmen they will tell you they don't have direct access to the funds.. that's it's with the governor.

Though, still on still, that doesn't make me loose respect for Gov.Fashola, his still the best governor Nigeria has ever had no doubt and his achievement in the various sector below speaks volume atleast the one I observed

Education sector: He really changed the face of public school, I don't think any governor beats him in this sectors.. Right in front of my eyes, student of Public Secondary School are getting A's and B's in WAEC.. the one I saw with my eyes at a cyber cafe 4 years ago of an Ojota secondary school girl.. I wan amazed, you don't wanna know how it use to be before.
What's about the structure of the school now, it's masterpiece.

Electricity: Powering street lights with generator and court houses also. Phenomenal achievement!

Also for Agriculture, Health sector, Transport system etc.. tuale to the Governor...

Is this what to show for a stable governance of 16 years in Lagos Pdp is lagos problem I guess.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by tonquendo4u(m): 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fashola started d road from amuwo odofin and stopped at d bridge.he started from d roundabout and stopped at century bus stop. Now from dt century to d ago bridge is bn inhabited by ibos. Just like a sabon gari. Now Fashola is a bloody tribalist.he hates Igbos. There's no project he has commissioned in Lagos dt favours d Igbos. He closes markets at will because he knows it's Igbos. Now elections is here and he brought caterpillar to ago. Na God go punish am.we are tired ni.he thinks we are fools.all dese agberos shouting APC for u in Lagos dint have pVC. D FG will provide security. And we will all vote out toutism and agberoism.we ain't fools.we Igbos generate 75% of ur IGR n yet u neglect us.unless u don't allow us to vote o.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by tonquendo4u(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
stinggy:

The 3 roads he commissioned in Kosofe LG like a week ago undecided
he commissioned 3 wks ago?and elections is dis month.use ur head
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by stinggy(m): 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonquendo4u:
he commissioned 3 wks ago?and elections is dis month.use ur head
Was the emphasis on the time of commissioning?

When next you'll quote me, please use your brain.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2015
stinggy:

Was the emphasis on the time of commissioning?

When next you'll quote me, please use your brain.
grin grin grin sad lipsrsealed
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by itstpia8: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
op must be wondering why he started this thread.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by itstpia8: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
cupidhero:

Are you saying areas mostly inhabited by yorubas are all tarred while those with more ibos are ignored?

is that what you're seeing?
bashydemy:
Some people are just shouting and blaming Fashola without asking why the road is like that, Well you all need to know there are cases in court concerning that area and that was why work has to stop there.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/okota-road-tales-woes-residents-motorists-cry-govts-intervention/

https://www.nairaland.com/1351476/terrible-state-ago-okota-road-lagos

ayindejimmy:

Ago Road is under construction. Half of it from Ago junction to Century had been completed before some legal issue stalled the construction. This street the Op picture is off Cement Busstop. This is not the main Ago Road. This is a street off Ago. Most streets at Ago are not tarred. Only two streets off Ago Road are tarred with interlock bricks. Lateef Gboyega and Femi kila. But the main Ago Road is under intense construction. I work off Ago and I pass this road everyday. Compared to last year during the rainy season, the Portion of Ago Road from Century to Ago bridge is motorable now because the construction company have channel the stagnant water on the road into the canal.
At the speed they're doing the road, I think the government wants to complete it before its tenure.

alheriTOJ:
My mum lives in canal estate, not too far from ago, no one should blame fashola for this, I can attest to the fact that several constructions coys and engineers have been sent to fix the roads on numerous occassions, but people have refused! The last estate meeting they had in canal, several people said if the roads are fixed it would favour robbers, so they prefer to go through this self imposed and unnecessary hardship. Such backs mentality of the lot living in that axis.

harthonder:
The Road Is Under Construction.
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
since he knows Biafra is calling them again, when they relocate, we expand road and work on the project

Call your agborotic governor to order b4 its too late for u people
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
mobuch:

Call your agborotic governor to order b4 its too late for u people
its will be late for the igbo, go back to your territory, you can be our boss in our own territory
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by laudate: 1:05am On Mar 07, 2015
Elose11:
Fashola is working and haters are hating. Most roads in Lagos are federal roads. Including Ago palace way. So ask GEJ why the road is bad. Leave Fart.shola and Thief.nubu out of it!

Na lie! Ago Palace Way in Okota is a state road and NOT a federal road. Don't fall for their stories.

if you think Ago Palace Way is bad, what would you call the road that links Ejigbo to Ikotun, on the outskirts of Isolo?? shocked

Fashola has visited that road twice and murmured several platitudes...yet, nothing concrete has been done. Work started on that road over a year ago, but it was abandoned. May God save us in Lagos! angry
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by feezy47: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Are we all now satisfied now that the road has been completed or many of us still believe APC has neglected the Ibo's?
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by nellaluv(f): 10:45am On Sep 23, 2016
The place be like small london now, very fine. Even those living on the island would be jealous cheesy .
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by laudate: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
nellaluv:
The place be like small london now, very fine. Even those living on the island would be jealous cheesy .

Post the picture, or 'ahdontbelieveit! sad
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by Bifwoli: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
And there are Big companies in this Area cry and white people (Mostly Lebanese And Indians/Pakistanis) Own companies in Ago... So sad it's still in this state.. Too sad

And we're constantly reminded that Lagos has bigger GDP than some "little countries"

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by drmikeadams(m): 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
nellaluv:
so true..the roads clean now but some streets after rain still be murder inc
grin
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by nellaluv(f): 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
laudate:

Post the picture, or 'ahdontbelieveit! sad

Where's your location? I suggest you take a bus down to ago palace way. As the saying goes "seeing is believing". So even if I post pictures you might still not believe and it's not the same as being there to witness it in person tongue wink
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by nellaluv(f): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
drmikeadams:
so true..the roads clean now but some streets after rain still be murder inc
grin

The streets are terrible. I wonder if they're also waiting for govt to repair it too cheesy
Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by drmikeadams(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
nellaluv:

The streets are terrible. I wonder if they're also waiting for govt to repair it too cheesy
... grin grin grin u stay in ago?

1 Like

Re: Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? by nellaluv(f): 3:38am On Oct 05, 2016
drmikeadams:
... grin grin grin u stay in ago?
Yeah, last bus stop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians In South Africa / Obinze Road, Imo State, A 'Death Trap' (Photos) / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.