Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41387 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by zyzxx(m): 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.

78 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by turepadams: 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop

the best way you can give to God is to give to the motherless
and if you are bloody rich, open a foundation

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by lordizak(m): 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
fact is-we are very gullible. any man of God is a soothsayer.. I no even dey go church again self.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by EngrRolly(m): 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
If an Unbeliever, a cheat or a political leader cud own a jet,then y shdnt a Pastor?

He has given us the earth to inherit,let us enjoy it buh whilst we do so we should all remember that hw we inherit this earth is one ultimate Exam we will have to face

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
Why should he not?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
EngrRolly:
If an Unbeliever, a cheat or a political leader cud own a jet,then y shdnt a Pastor?

He has given us the earth to inherit,let us enjoy it buh whilst we do so we should all remember that hw we inherit this earth is one ultimate Exam we will have to face

Very interesting. What do you mean by "inherit in earth"? Is the pastor going to carry his earthly possessions to heaven?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Weah96: 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
Creflo Dollar drives around my neighborhood in an Azure, as in Bentley. A 2000 Bentley Azure costs more than a Range that was manufactured last year.

17 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
lordizak:
fact is-we are very gullible. any man of God is a soothsayer.. I no even dey go church again self.

I still go to church. I left my baptist church for a smaller one. The pastor drives a car donated to the church- a small toyota. Simple and efficient.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
zyzxx:
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.

Pastor is not God

10 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Weah96:
Creflo Dollar drives around my neighborhood in an Azure, as in Bentley. A 2000 Bentley Azure costs more than a Range that was manufactured last year.

American pastor abi? They are on another level. Call me harsh but I prefer to listen to white pastors. Too many of our African-American pastors are hustlers for money and materialism

44 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Trunaijian: 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Big cars, private jets, mansions, now body guards too? If my pastor has a professional job aside his pastoring, that can be understood. But if his full job is pastoring, then I will not attend that church or make any donation to it. Nigerians can be very gullible when it come to religion. Open your eyes, all is vanity and if my pastor is in love with vanity, then something is gravely wrong. Body guard ke? Who dey pursue am?!

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by EngrRolly(m): 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Very interesting. What do you mean by "inherit in earth"? Is the pastor going to carry his earthly possessions to heaven?
God hath blessed 'us' with all the good things of the earth.
He own the Heavens n the Earth,so we his children shd inherit our Fathers ownings

7 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Solomon009(m): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Are pastors angels??.....Must they drive pangolo ??

4 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Weah96: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

American pastor abi? They are on another level. Call me harsh but I prefer to listen to white pastors. Too many of our African-American pastors are hustlers for money and materialism

That's only one of his Bentleys na. He's competing with 2Chainz and Rocko. They too always come around here.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
Trunaijian:
Big cars, private jets, mansions, now body guards too? If my pastor has a professional job aside his pastoring, that can be understood. But if his full job is pastoring, then I will not attend that church or make any donation to it. Nigerians can be very gullible when it come to religion. Open your eyes, all is vanity and if my pastor is in love with vanity, then something is gravely wrong. Body guard ke? Who dey pursue am?!

Well reasoned post.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Weah96: 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
Trunaijian:
Body guard ke? Who dey pursue am?!

No be devil?

13 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hmmmmn. I know a female pastor who is the GM of a very big organisation. She is really extravagant but everyone knows she works for her money.
What bothers me is that the pastor in your OP moves around with a bodyguard. Why? God is no longer enough to protect him from whatever/whoever is supposedly chasing him?

I am of the opinion that NIGERIAN pastors who are not missionaries should get paid employment.

27 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by wonlasewonimi: 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
I think it's fair for a pastor to drive a N10m car in Nigeria, the one I can't understand is having 4 private jets.

17 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ladon1: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
Materialism? Hey watch it! It is a deadly sin that slowly turns away the heart of one that follows God into running after the flashy things of tgis world and you all know what?
Materialism can never be satisfied The desire to own more and more keeps growing if not checked on time. The truth is that this vanities of 10m in another 20 years would have passed away and by then no body wants that your car that once cost you 10m cos it has passed away. 70% money could well have been spent to solve the problems of the poor. Materialism leads to greed and greed to covetiousness and on and on.
One of the major evil that hss destroyed our nation Nigeria is materialism. Everyone aspiring to go into government is doing it for just one reason. Acquire money and material poccession. Unfortunately the church which is suppose to be the light of the world is the number one culprit.
Has this pastors ever preached godliness with contempt?
I doubt.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
Most xtians don't even pretend to try and be 'Christ like'.

Humility, servitude, love, eschewing wealth and worldly possessions are completely alien concepts to the vast majority of 'xtians'.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
EngrRolly:
God hath blessed 'us' with all the good things of the earth.
He own the Heavens n the Earth,so we his children shd inherit our Fathers ownings
You deliberately pretend not to get, so as to avoid facing the issue here.

Anyone, believer or unbeliever who makes money in a legitimate and ethical way is free to enjoy whatever his /her money can afford.

In this case, as in many other cases, the most important question here is: How does a pastor Earn income?
Lets start with that question.
And I want you, in particular, to please Answer that question.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by oneda(m): 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
[size=14pt]A Pastor can drive a 10 million naira car because he has gone behind like Gehazi and collected the same offer which Jesus rejected in Matthew 4:8...

I see no other reason why hungry man would sow seed to a man who is wearing 200k shoes
[/size]

31 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by JoeCutie(m): 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
This is why all these so called 'Men of God' can never and will never preach poverty. How can they, when they enrich themselves with the Church members' money. And the foolish thing is that all these Church members sheepishly buy this idea, sacrificing their own wealth for the sake of the "man of God". Pathetic.

It's true they don't take vows of poverty like the Catholic priests, or do they? But the reality is that many of their members are poor, and they are rich. This reality is very clear for all to see. "Our God is not a poor God". Rubbish! "There will be no poor man among His children". Blasphemy! God made everything in such a way that some will be rich while some won't. That's the clear message they should preach to their members. But how could you preach poverty when you're a proud owner of a Private Jet, fleet of exotic cars that the President would only be proud of? It's not possible. This is the thing: no matter how faithful all the Christians put together are, there will still be poor people, and it's not because of their unrighteousness, but because that's the way of God. Nothing can change that. The earlier people realise this, the better for the world.

Two of the MAJOR contributors to our problems in this country are: Politicians (Government) and Pastors (or generally, "men of God" ). The Politicians enrich themselves with the Tax payers' money, while Pastors do same with the Tithe payers' money. Any how, they are being paid: Tax or Tithe.

Pastors should live comfortably well, fine; but all these aberrations we see in this country? Only God knows the heart of men; and only Him can judge.

39 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

I think it's fair for a pastor to drive a N10m car in Nigeria, the one I can't understand is having 4 private jets.

If you think that it is ok for a christian pastor to drive a 10m naira car in a society where the the per capita income is less than 100k, many church members are homeless, many are jobless, many go to church with empty tummies, many die because they cant afford basic healthcare, then I regret to inform you, sir, that you are completely clueless about what christianity is, or is supposed to be.

And this is the general problem with these imported tbings we call religion. Many of you have never understood what it is supposed to be about.
What you are practicing is African churchianity, far far different from the simple teachings of the crucified Nazerene, as brought to us by the bible.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
No.
No no.
Pastordship should never ever be a guarantee of comfort.
A true pastor should never live above the comfort level of his community or society.
A pastor should happily eat grass or mud if that is what the majority in his community are blessed with.
True pastorship is about sacrifice, humility, simplicity and condescending to immerse one self to the socio-economic level of the community.

A true calling most come with true self - sacrifice.
This is the essence of all that Jesus thought.
Anything else is null and void, and is a toxic garbage.

What a great pity that it takes an athiest to educate christians about the simple teachings attributed to Jesus.
Pity indeed.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by finofaya: 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
A N10m car is a practical option for a pastor who wishes to move about in style. Style is not forbidden by the Bible. Even Jesus rode on a donkey on a red(ish) carpet when he had the chance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by PastorKun(m): 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
plaetton:
No.
No no.
Pastordship should never ever be a guarantee of comfort.
A true pastor should never live above the comfort level of his community or society.
A pastor should happily eat grass or mud if that is what the majority in his community are blessed with.
True pastorship is about sacrifice, humility, simplicity and condescending to immerse one self to the socio-economic level of the community.

A true calling most come with true self - sacrifice.
This is the essence of all that Jesus thought.
Anything else is null and void, and is a toxic garbage.

What a great pity that it takes an athiest to educate christians about the simple teachings attributed to Jesus.
Pity indeed.

Are you sure you haven't reverted to christianity? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
PastorKun:

Are you sure you haven't reverted to christianity? grin
My dear friend,
Christianity is just a belief system that I don't share.
I am human, and a member of a community first, before any belief system.

I think it is immoral, sinful indeed, for a so - called "CALLED" leader of a community to live far above the median level of his community, and ironically, on the sweath of the community.

Even as an atheist, I could make a much better, more moral, more effective pastor than the christian pastors in Nigeria.

I am for hire. grin
Just don't tell the congregation that I am atheist.
cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
Solomon009:
Are pastors angels??.....Must they drive pangolo ??

There are fuel efficient and comfortable cars that one can get for 3-4 million.

Must a pastor drive luxury?

5 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
finofaya:
A N10m car is a practical option for a pastor who wishes to move about in style. Style is not forbidden by the Bible. Even Jesus rode on a donkey on a red(ish) carpet when he had the chance.

The big boys and kings in those days used horses and chariots. Jesus's triumphant entry was humble.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by joseph1832(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

The big boys and kings in those days used horses and chariots. Jesus's triumphant entry was humble.
So are you saying a pastor driving a 10 million car is humble?. And just how many times did Jesus perform his 'triumphant entry'?. I suppose he kept the donkey he used as his personal donkey as well eh?.

My guy no make me happy oh! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Broadcasting Network On Satellite / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.