Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41391 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Sunglow: 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
nelsonoba:

I have not met you physically before, but from your comments, i can tell you are not a christian, but even if you say you are one, then it's obvious YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!!!

You probably go to work everyday trying to hustle for money so you can enjoy a good life, but you are here complaining that some people who work for God are getting blessed with the same material things that you too also goes out for everyday to be able to acquire!

I see in you a type of "so-called christian" who doesn't know God!

You are the type of christian who doesn't believe everything in God's word in the bible, and that is why you know it is clear in the bible that Fornication is a sin, but you can't stay away from sex outside marriage!! I mean you!!!

In as much as covetousness is a sin, and God's word is clearly against greed & covetousness, but God still has His own way and time for blessing those who genuinely serve Him. Go and read 3John 1:2 to see what it says about genuine prosperity!
Are you minding him.Na dem go they shout God bless our hustle.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by otiigba1(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sunglow:
Fine then u can go ahead and be poor its your life not mine.'For He (Christ) became poor that we thur His poverty might be rich'go read your bible.poverty is of the devil
in the first place what does poor means? secondly rich in christ words, does not mean (materialy) been able to afford a range rover or ferrari or a lot of mansions, Go read your bible again angry and lastly some are rich materialy but yet poor in health and otherwise
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by leisuretym: 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
He's just a driver and not the owner of that jeep. Lolzz, the owner is God sitting at the back sit,
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
nelsonoba:

I have not met you physically before, but from your comments, i can tell you are not a christian, but even if you say you are one, then it's obvious YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!!!

You probably go to work everyday trying to hustle for money so you can enjoy a good life, but you are here complaining that some people who work for God are getting blessed with the same material things that you too also goes out for everyday to be able to acquire!

I see in you a type of "so-called christian" who doesn't know God!

You are the type of christian who doesn't believe everything in God's word in the bible, and that is why you know it is clear in the bible that Fornication is a sin, but you can't stay away from sex outside marriage!! I mean you!!!

In as much as covetousness is a sin, and God's word is clearly against greed & covetousness, but God still has His own way and time for blessing those who genuinely serve Him. Go and read 3John 1:2 to see what it says about genuine prosperity!

Oh gosh,
Where are these low iQ mor.on.s being milled from

Just look at the gibberish above and the contradictions therein.

How can you in one sentence Say that God abhors covetousness, and then in another sentence you condone pastor parasiting on the sweath of others to live in opulence?
Are there 2 types of covetousness?

Another moral schizophrenic.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Sunglow: 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=plaetton post=31425458]
Oh Gosh! shocked
You slowpoke,
They forgot to teach you in sunday school that Solomon was not a christian.
He was a KING.
And kings live off the wealth of their kingdoms.
Only a slowpoke can publicly boast that King Solomon was a rich christian.

Gosh!
What type of educational system produces these kinds of people.? [/quote)fo.olish boy did u not read the part were God showed up in Solomon room n said He would give him wealth?Go hang urself if the car the MOG dey drive they pain u.your politician that are looting what help have they rendered to the masses? And u think u have right to criticize a man of God,for all we know the car could even be a gift.Ewu Congo

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Sunglow: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
otiigba1:
in the first place what does poor means? secondly rich in christ words, does not mean (materialy) been able to afford a range rover or ferrari or a lot of mansions, Go read your bible again angry and lastly some are rich materialy but yet poor in health and otherwise
its obvious u are not a Christian (Born again spirit filled and tongue talking)that means you know not the scriptures so I wouldnt argue with u.Get filled with the Holy Ghost first then come back for scriptural revelations on prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=Sunglow post=31431003][/quote]
The zombies are here.
Zombie apocalypse?

I weep at the type educational system that churns out lobotomized zombies in millions.

We are fxxxd big time.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by donhils: 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

Because he can afford it. Now over to you, why shouldn't a Pastor drive a 10 million naira car?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by otiigba1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sunglow:
its obvious u are not a Christian (Born again spirit filled and tongue talking)that means you know not the scriptures so I wouldnt argue with u.Get filled with the Holy Ghost first then come back for scriptural revelations on prosperity.
RUBBISH! you are a christian right? (good luck with that!) again i ask what does a christian means? (not church going) who is qualified to be a christian?, whats christianity? were is the origin of christianity? angry since you claim to be a christian please do answer my questions perharps i will be converted grin until you can explain all this to me, please do not conclude that i am not a christian (what ever that means) you obvioulsly believe you are more righteous than me grin
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by InvertedHammer: 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

/
I don't have any problem with it.

Any fellow who can gather people together and convince them to part with their hard-earned money under the pretext of reserving a space in heaven (which actual existence no one can confirm) deserves all the luxury he can afford.

Do you see me worried? No! The pastor can drive and fly whatever he/she Likes. For one, I know my money is not involved.

A big fish has to.swallow small ones to remain big.
Givers...continue to give because your rewards are in heaven. But the pastors prefer their rewards here on earth because they don't believe what they are selling.

SMH
\
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by nelsonoba: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
plaetton:

Oh gosh,
Where are these low iQ mor.on.s being milled from

Just look at the gibberish above and the contradictions therein.

How can you in one sentence Say that God abhors covetousness, and then in another sentence you condone pastor parasiting on the sweath of others to live in opulence?
Are there 2 types of covetousness?

Another moral schizophrenic.

oh gosh!.........where did this "so-called" christian drop from?

Just look at your hypocritical view of life.

Go read the book of Job 1:1-3, and you will see where God described Job as the WEALTHIEST & HOLIEST man in the whole land during his time.

Go and read about Solomon's dream where God appeared to him and told him to ask for anything, he asked for wisdom, but God also told him that beyond wisdom He will also give him riches.

Go and read 3John 1:2 and see what it says. Go and read the story of Abraham and see how God blessed him with the greatest wealth during his time.

The same God that blessed all those people has not changed, and he is still blessing more people who serve Him today!

If I am struggling in life and praying to God to help me make it in life, and i have a Pastor who helps me in praying to God, and because of His prayers God answers me and i become wealthy, tell me why i shouldn't appreciate that Pastor who prayed for me with a gift!!

Mr, let me tell you now, you need to open God's word and start believing everything in it.
You need to believe God is good and He blesses those who genuinely serve Him

You need to believe sex outside marriage is a sin and it will take you to hell if you continue in it

You need to believe Heaven and hell are real just like your house is a real location

You need to believe that only Jesus died to save you from eternal damnation and accept him genuinely into your life

You need to know that God loves you enough to grant you your genuine heart desires if you commit yourself to serve him genuinely and without any form of hypocrisy

You need to know that there are no UNBELIEVERS IN HELL BECAUSE ONCE ANYBODY DIES WITHOUT CHRIST, HE/SHE WILL FIND HIMSELF IN HELL, AND AT THAT POINT THEY WILL NO LONGER BE ARGUING IF HELL IS REAL OR NOT, OR IF JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD/HEAVEN OR NOT, COS IT WOULD BE OBVIOUS BY THE TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY AT THAT POINT IT IS TOO LATE TO MAKE AMMENDS! Don't get yourself into that position, you won't like it. You still have time to believe God's word in its entirety while you are alive.

A word is enough for the wise. I drop my pen here

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
nelsonoba:

oh gosh!.........where did this "so-called" christian drop from?

Just look at your hypocritical view of life.

Go read the book of Job 1:1-3, and you will see where God described Job as the WEALTHIEST & HOLIEST man in the whole land during his time.

Go and read about Solomon's dream where God appeared to him and told him to ask for anything, he asked for wisdom, but God also told him that beyond wisdom He will also give him riches.

Go and read 3John 1:2 and see what it says. Go and read the story of Abraham and see how God blessed him with the greatest wealth during his time.

The same God that blessed all those people has not changed, and he is still blessing more people who serve Him today!

If I am struggling in life and praying to God to help me make it in life, and i have a Pastor who helps me in praying to God, and because of His prayers God answers me and i become wealthy, tell me why i shouldn't appreciate that Pastor who prayed for me with a gift!!

Mr, let me tell you now, you need to open God's word and start believing everything in it.
You need to believe God is good and He blesses those who genuinely serve Him

You need to believe sex outside marriage is a sin and it will take you to hell if you continue in it

You need to believe Heaven and hell are real just like your house is a real location

You need to believe that only Jesus died to save you from eternal damnation and accept him genuinely into your life

You need to know that God loves you enough to grant you your genuine heart desires if you commit yourself to serve him genuinely and without any form of hypocrisy

You need to know that there are no UNBELIEVERS IN HELL BECAUSE ONCE ANYBODY DIES WITHOUT CHRIST, HE/SHE WILL FIND HIMSELF IN HELL, AND AT THAT POINT THEY WILL NO LONGER BE ARGUING IF HELL IS REAL OR NOT, OR IF JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD/HEAVEN OR NOT, COS IT WOULD BE OBVIOUS BY THE TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY AT THAT POINT IT IS TOO LATE TO MAKE AMMENDS! Don't get yourself into that position, you won't like it. You still have time to believe God's word in its entirety while you are alive.

A word is enough for the wise. I drop my pen here
Gosh.
At moments like this, I can only pinch and blame myself for all the silly innanities I have to endure while engaging with Nigerian religiotards.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Weah96: 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
victorazy:
He who his father is the owner of the universe should drive far more than that.

LOL. Are his church members orphans?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Defcon1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
EngrRolly:
Our Father didn't wish any of His children to be Poor,for we av already been made rich..for Those who are poor like u said,their destinies are in their hands
all right,if you think so
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by litaninja(m): 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Just keep donating....
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
Doesn't this just say something about the Nigerian psyche?? angry

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
lordizak:
fact is-we are very gullible. any man of God is a soothsayer.. I no even dey go church again self.
. Am sorry bro but thaats your loss u shldnt loose fellowship wit de brethren cos of a particular man u serving Jesus not your pst knw ur bible well be grounded in de word nd no one can decieve u what ever u hear a pst preach always research in de word of god dats de way 4ward not stooping church .

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
ladon1:
What was the sin of the rich fool? Wanting to spend the money he made by his on hand to please only himself(self centeredness) and he never taught of giving part of it to help the poor and needy(getting rich towards God) The rich fool will always enrich himself to consume upon his beastly lust after materialism but they shy away from helping the poor in their community. Why would any pastor that is suppose to be teaching the congregation contemptness have 4 private jet to himself?
ehen deres nofin wrong wit owning a private jet oo that's de truth it just depends on how u use it nd how u behave nd by de way most churches help poor pple de have welfare packages winners. 4 eG also coza too
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
plaetton:

Even if was a gift, a true humble servant of his community of poorer christians would sell the car for cash, and then use such for the welfare of the less fortunate in that community (and there are plenty plenty of them ).
This is would be a greater shining example of self-sacrifice.

How come it is always the poor flock that are called upon to make self-sacrifices?

A true Pastorship should , by necessity, entail that the person claiming higher calling should always sacrifice his personal worldly comfort for the greater fruits of spiritual riches and salvation.
Not so
my dear even if de pst helps everyone de bible said de poor will always be in our midst I see nofin wrng wit a pst driving a 10 million naira. Car as long as he can be huble enuf 2 give de least person in de church a ride in it having expensive things not bad but de attitude in which u use de expensive thing is what makes iy a sin or not
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by redsun(m): 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Because he don't hammer awufu money from his maga converts.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
plaetton:

You still to understand what this topic seeks to address.
Pls name any of our known preachers who were wealthy well before they became preachers.
And if you can show any, then also tell us whether they are wealthier or poorer.

Pls be honest for once and admit that pastoship is a get-rich-quick rachet similar to 419, but without the legal hassles.
my dear pple called by God are not suppose 2 wrk de are de Levis infact in de time of old oda tribes contribute things and give dem dere job is 2 serve God I knw so many fake psts are arn but dere are real ones doing de will of God nd he's blessing dem also if a pst jilt u am sorry 2 say but de person is a fool cos u need 2 research ur bible well u shldnt belieeve every rubbish u hear
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
PastorKun:

Olodo, the issue here is about a pastor using church resources to live a flamboyant life style. If the money used came from the pastors work or business outside the church, nobody would raise an eyebrow.
ehen most pst 4rm big churches haave dere own business nd b4 u aask me how de make money de pray 4 pple God bless dis pple nd de inturn appreciate God wit dere seed dere is somfin called personal seed nd it goes 2 a pst general upkeep s0 he can start a business frm dere nd grow it mst pst use offering nd tithe 2 grow de church nd de use personal seeds nd appreciation 4 demselves so its no biggy 4 a pst 2 drive a 10mmil car its de attitude dat. Makes it rite or wrng
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

A range rover is a waste of money. It is a luxury car that is difficult to maintain in Nigeria. It is not even as good as Toyota landcruiser on many offroad trails.

There are even luxury cars from 3 miliion to 10 million. The only people that should be driving such cars are people who made the money from their own sweat (through secular means). Using people's tithes and donations is not hard work.

If even the car is donated to the church, it should be sold and the proceeds used for better things.
say what u knw oo most good pst don't use tithes nd offering 4de use it 2 build nd beautify churches
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
1miccza:

Good question bro oya make una come answer ooo
according to the Biblical precedent set forth by Paul in Acts 20 & 2 Thessalonians 3, a pastor should have a job apart from his Church Body. Paul worked as a tent maker, so as to set an example for Church Elders to follow.

In the eight years I pastored, I worked, so as not to put a burden upon the congregation I was entrusted to lead in the things of God.

Tithes? Only the first couple weeks did I collect tithes. After doing studies in the Word, I discovered that the Church was not authorized to take tithes. I never took tithes in the remaining years of service. Needs were met and bills were paid through offerings given by the member's choices, not coerced percentages or dictated amounts. People gave out of love.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by 1miccza: 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
according to the Biblical precedent set forth by Paul in Acts 20 & 2 Thessalonians 3, a pastor should have a job apart from his Church Body. Paul worked as a tent maker, so as to set an example for Church Elders to follow.

In the eight years I pastored, I worked, so as not to put a burden upon the congregation I was entrusted to lead in the things of God.

Tithes? Only the first couple weeks did I collect tithes. After doing studies in the Word, I discovered that the Church was not authorized to take tithes. I never took tithes in the remaining years of service. Needs were met and bills were paid through offerings given by the member's choices, not coerced percentages or dictated amounts. People gave out of love.

Now this is a true man of God speaking but how many of our so called "MEN" of God can do what you have done??You read some one stating the kind of car Creflo Dollar drives the church has literally and figuratively become a ground for business we are gradually going back to those days when the house of God was a den of thieves until our Lord Jesus Christ drove them out

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
Jesus said in three of the Gospels that it was harder for a rich man to enter heaven than it was for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle.

Notice that He did not say it was impossible, only that it was harder.

But, the fact that He said it was harder should cause all who strive to be rich to pause and think the cost of being rich. Riches tend to steal the heart. And this is why Jesus said it was harder for a rich man to enter heaven... because a rich man could love his riches more than the God that allowed him to become rich. The riches become a god for many, and God said He is a jealous God and before Him there is no other.

For this reason, it is my belief that we should not strive to become rich. Riches themselves are not evil, but man's heart is deceitful above all else and desperately wicked. His own pride and lusts draw him away to temptations and away from God. If, at any time, you are making good money, and your heart seems to be wanting more and more, better and better, check which is most important in your life at that time, your money and material possessions gained from that money? or God?

The poor tend more toward a broken spirit and a contrite heart, that characteristic that God will not despise.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2015
literally speaking, if you keep a true man of God in a desert to start life he could 'build ' a nation.

guy, his wealth is none of your business. whether he's good or bad, it's left between him and God, no dey die on top another man matter.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Goldicz(m): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

The problem you have is you lack knowledge. Why cant a pastor drive expensive cars? Bro they do what de bible says u should do to be prosperous. Christian like u suppose to be the richest more than the world. God is the owner of the world. Who is so rich to buy the whole world? No one. They do what the word of God says we should do to be prosperous in life. Is a shame if pastors are poor. Becos de name of the Lord won't be glorify in their life
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Maximus85(m): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2015
because of the mumu people paying tithe to him.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Maximus85(m): 7:42am On Mar 09, 2015
Goldicz:
The problem you have is you lack knowledge. Why cant a pastor drive expensive cars? Bro they do what de bible says u should do to be prosperous. Christian like u suppose to be the richest more than the world. God is the owner of the world. Who is so rich to buy the whole world? No one. They do what the word of God says we should do to be prosperous in life. Is a shame if pastors are poor. Becos de name of the Lord won't be glorify in their life

it is you who lack knowledge. you know nothing at all about God. all you have in your head is what your so called pastor tells u. God owns the world but presently Satan controls the world. I don't know if you know this is written in the bible.

everyone wants to be rich. so the criminals calling themselves pastors teach twisting things to gather people to themselves as slaves. you work and they receive money from u every month end. they said if you don't pay, its either you're stealing from God or eating poison. God wants us to give him from our hearts not under compulsion or threat from any pastor.

learn the Bible on your own and listen to God directly.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Isaacpyo04(m): 7:53am On Mar 09, 2015
sleinadczar:

The cheapest private jet goes for @least N48bn and one person owns 4private jets as a pastor yet there'r unemployed graduate youths in the same congregation who cannot afford 3square meal daily yet out of their little savings they still pay tithe to the owner of those private jets.... Chai! There is God OOoº°˚ ˚°ºoo

48billion naira easy now.
A single unit of brand new gulfstream is $40million...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Broadcasting Network On Satellite / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.