Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41251 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 9:33am On Mar 07, 2015
Who/what should he consult in determining what's too much?
Are not conflating poverty with righteousness?

I may not necessarily ride the Range, but I would be hesitant to invent my own 'acceptable' standard of living and imagine that those who don't subscribe to it are extravagant
Weah96:

Ford Explorer. Chevy Tahoe. Camry. Accord. Forerunner. All $30K less. Brand new with plastic. That's luxury. [b]The Range is too much [/b]for his message of piety.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Image123(m): 11:16am On Mar 07, 2015
plaetton:

You still to understand what this topic seeks to address.
Pls name any of our known preachers who were wealthy well before they became preachers.
And if you can show any, then also tell us whether they are wealthier or poorer.

Pls be honest for once and admit that pastoship is a get-rich-quick rachet similar to 419, but without the legal hassles.

Like i said, one man's cheap is another man's expensive. 100,000 may be expensive and big money to me or some people, but so many more are millionaires and billionaires. Context matters. The pastor isn't the one that killed Jesus so i don't see why he can't use something affordable in his context. All fingers are not equal. Can i send my children to school in Harvard and MIT if i can afford it as a christian or they should stay at home or go to school of nursing Abule-igbo because people are dying or have not eaten well in Somalia? Like vooks asked, what amount do you suggest for Christians to spend to buy car, I'm sure you know Jesus was talking to all His followers, not only pastor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by PastorKun(m): 11:34am On Mar 07, 2015
Image123:

Like i said, one man's cheap is another man's expensive. 100,000 may be expensive and big money to me or some people, but so many more are millionaires and billionaires. Context matters. The pastor isn't the one that killed Jesus so i don't see why he can't use something affordable in his context. All fingers are not equal. Can i send my children to school in Harvard and MIT if i can afford it as a christian or they should stay at home or go to school of nursing Abule-igbo because people are dying or have not eaten well in Somalia? Like vooks asked, what amount do you suggest for Christians to spend to buy car, I'm sure you know Jesus was talking to all His followers, not only pastor.

Olodo, the issue here is about a pastor using church resources to live a flamboyant life style. If the money used came from the pastors work or business outside the church, nobody would raise an eyebrow.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by MrPresident1: 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
vooks:

You don't make much/any sense.
After Pentecost, so many were selling their properties. Had they disposed them after following Christ, they would have nothing to dispose cool
Or you imagine that only new-believers were selling?

Just tell me what car the minister should spin that does not pass the 'criminal' threshold

There really is no point arguing with you shdemidemi aka vooks. You and your kind, brood of vermins, enforcers of my peoples' slavery will find your just recompense in due time: This is according to the promise of The Most High God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
MrPresident1:

There really is no point arguing with you shdemidemi aka vooks. You and your kind, brood of vermins, enforcers of my peoples' slavery will find your just recompense in due time: This is according to the promise of The Most High God.
Lol@ "broods of vermins".
There isnt a more Correct word to describe these degenerates.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
vooks:

I may not necessarily ride the Range, but I would be hesitant to invent my own 'acceptable' standard of living and imagine that those who don't subscribe to it are extravagant
Hey, a wise man once said "blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit.......,

The same wise man also said" it is easier for a came to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven ".

Of course, this wise man was not condenming wealth entirely, but was merely warning his followers (which I assume you and your pastors are) that an attachment to worldly riches and comfort were impediments to spiritual growth and salvation.

This the message that seem to have gotten lost by you new brood of vipers and haenas.

8 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
vooks:

A range rover is a waste of money. It is a luxury car that is difficult to maintain in Nigeria. It is not even as good as Toyota landcruiser on many offroad trails.

There are even luxury cars from 3 miliion to 10 million. The only people that should be driving such cars are people who made the money from their own sweat (through secular means). Using people's tithes and donations is not hard work.

If even the car is donated to the church, it should be sold and the proceeds used for better things.

4 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
You are not helping. So he should restrict himself to between 3M-10M for anything above that is extravagance? Whose standards are those? Yours of course cheesy

AllNaijaBlogger:

A range rover is a waste of money. It is a luxury car that is difficult to maintain in Nigeria. It is not even as good as Toyota landcruiser on many offroad trails.

There are even luxury cars from 3 miliion to 10 million. The only people that should be driving such cars are people who made the money from their own sweat (through secular means). Using people's tithes and donations is not hard work.

If even the car is donated to the church, it should be sold and the proceeds used for better things.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hey,
A wise man said that a fool is regarded as wise if he shut up.
You have no rule nor standard for extravagance but readily crucify another man's standards

plaetton:

Hey, a wise man once said "blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit.......,

The same wise man also said" it is easier for a came to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven ".

Of course, this wise man was not condenming wealth entirely, but was merely warning his followers (which I assume you and your pastors are) that an attachment to worldly riches and comfort were impediments to spiritual growth and salvation.

This the message that seem to have gotten lost by you new brood of vipers and haenas.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
There has never been any point in arguing with deluded Negroes who imagine they be Benjamites like Paul cool

MrPresident1:

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
PastorKun,
The problem is 'flamboyant lifestyle' is as subjective as fingerprints. And let me put this question to you; should a pastor be paid for their pastoral duties?
PastorKun:

Olodo, the issue here is about a pastor using church resources to live a flamboyant life style. If the money used came from the pastors work or business outside the church, nobody would raise an eyebrow.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
vooks:

Hey,
A wise man said that a fool is regarded as wise if he shut up.
You have no rule nor standard for extravagance but readily crucify another man's standards

I am not a pastor, you brood of vipers.
I am not asking anyone to give me their sweath and money because a supposedly omni omni skyfairy needs money to pay mortgage on the universe.

Even in my modest resources and means, I find greater joy, satisfaction and a sense of self-fullfillment giving and sharing with my community, rather than taking from them.
And who (between you and I) is the follower of Jesus here ?

Shame on all of you moral schizophreniacs.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
vooks:
PastorKun,
The problem is 'flamboyant lifestyle' is as subjective as fingerprints. And let me put this question to you; should a pastor be paid for their pastoral duties?
Yes.
A full time pastor should be paid a wage comnensurate with the Average Living standards of his community.
This is the important point here.

We cannot pay an American salary and perks to a Nigerian pastor who is pastoring to poor, often hungry, often homeless, mostly unemployed and struggling people in Nigeria.
Such is the highest form of immorality.
Don't you wicked people ever get it?

4 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
vooks:
You are not helping. So he should restrict himself to between 3M-10M for anything above that is extravagance? Whose standards are those? Yours of course cheesy

The standards are there. You just refuse to see it.
Should I do you the favour by pointing them out to you, or , would you rather exercise your mind and think for a fleeting second?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Weah96: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
vooks:

Personally, I don't care for materials. Money, yes, but not materials. Preachers should emulate Jesus who never indulged in the luxuries of planet earth.

If you must succumb to materialism, then moderation should be the key. A Range Rover is materialistic. It's marketed as a luxury SUV.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
PastorKun:

Thanks you!

I don't know what is wrong with some "supposed followers of Christ"! Smh....
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 5:41am On Mar 08, 2015
Seems like even among you Skeptics you can't agree on how he should roll. He would be eternally confused if he looked up to you

Weah96:

Personally, I don't care for materials. Money, yes, but not materials. Preachers should emulate Jesus who never indulged in the luxuries of planet earth.

If you must succumb to materialism, then moderation should be the key. A Range Rover is materialistic. It's marketed as a luxury SUV.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 5:42am On Mar 08, 2015
Don't get worked up because am calling out your BS. The 'standards' exist in your mind and you are trying to impose them on everyone

plaetton:

The standards are there. You just refuse to see it.
Should I do you the favour by pointing them out to you, or , would you rather exercise your mind and think for a fleeting second?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 5:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Another basket mouth rant. How shameless!
I don't care if you worship your toes, stick to the topic

plaetton:

I am not a pastor, you brood of vipers.
I am not asking anyone to give me their sweath and money because a supposedly omni omni skyfairy needs money to pay mortgage on the universe.

Even in my modest resources and means, I find greater joy, satisfaction and a sense of self-fullfillment giving and sharing with my community, rather than taking from them.
And who (between you and I) is the follower of Jesus here ?

Shame on all of you moral schizophreniacs.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 5:47am On Mar 08, 2015
Tell us what the 'Average Living standards of his community' are, and what 'American salary' is. How much in $ terms?

See ,you have no standard save in flapping gum here. Good for nothing critic, criticizing for the sake of criticizing. Shallow negroes!

plaetton:

Yes.
A full time pastor should be paid a wage comnensurate with the Average Living standards of his community.
This is the important point here.

We cannot pay an American salary and perks to a Nigerian pastor who is pastoring to poor, often hungry, often homeless, mostly unemployed and struggling people in Nigeria.
Such is the highest form of immorality.
Don't you wicked people ever get it?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:00am On Mar 08, 2015
vooks:

The average middle class Nigerian drives a car of 1.5-3.5 million. Upper middle class is from 3-10 million.

It is only those who have been hammering for long that drive cars of 10m and above. A young bank manager can't even buy a 10m car when that is his salary for 1.5 years.

Working for God is a sacrifice. Jesus told those who wanted to follow him that the son of man has no place to rest his head.

You can't be a servant of materialism and God. You must pick one. The three most popular figures in the new testament were not rich or materialistic. John the Baptist lived in the wilderness. Jesus went around preaching and healing (he didn't have time to settle and build monuments for himself). Paul went around preaching and writing letters. These people didn't build multi million dollar empires. They served the common man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Image123(m): 9:51am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

The average middle class Nigerian drives a car of 1.5-3.5 million. Upper middle class is from 3-10 million.

It is only those who have been hammering for long that drive cars of 10m and above. A young bank manager can't even buy a 10m car when that is his salary for 1.5 years.

Working for God is a sacrifice. Jesus told those who wanted to follow him that the son of man has no place to rest his head.

You can't be a servant of materialism and God. You must pick one. The three most popular figures in the new testament were not rich or materialistic. John the Baptist lived in the wilderness. Jesus went around preaching and healing (he didn't have time to settle and build monuments for himself). Paul went around preaching and writing letters. These people didn't build multi million dollar empires. They served the common man.

You are mixing things up, average pastors don't drive 10million naira cars, do they? Being a christian is the sacrifice, not working in the church per se. All Christians are called to make that sacrifice, not pastors. The pastor didn't commit a crime by being a pastor, he can use what is affordable in context. Stop mistaking the monastery or asceticism for righteousness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:35am On Mar 08, 2015
Image123:

You are mixing things up, average pastors don't drive 10million naira cars, do they? Being a christian is the sacrifice, not working in the church per se. All Christians are called to make that sacrifice, not pastors. The pastor didn't commit a crime by being a pastor, he can use what is affordable in context. Stop mistaking the monastery or asceticism for righteousness.

I know your type. No matter how you try, you can't justify that 10m car.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Image123(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I know your type. No matter how you try, you can't justify that 10m car.
It's not about me or my type, is it? It's about being reasonable and not being myopic. God has called all His followers and christians to a lifestyle of moderation and whatever virtues biblical. What is good for the pastor is also good for you as a christian, simple. However, context has to come into play as being relative. Reality is that one man's cheap is another man's expensive. Shoes, clothes, cars, drinks, a plate of food, relaxation, school fees etc. All fingers are not equal. You can't use your own standard to CONDEMN others.
Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by vooks: 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Why should he be 'average'? Is 'average' to you the opposite of materialism?
This is way out of your depth bro, to you materialism='wealth'

AllNaijaBlogger:

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by perfectcrush(m): 12:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
Because he is a pastor...... by the way make I go read the content of the post
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by dammytosh: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

1. If he can afford it.

2. if some one gives it to him as a gift. There is no crime in collecting it.

Don't be deceived , having an expensive asset is never a crime.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

What of those owning & flying in private jet,what you say of em¿

And the least you could see the latest range rover sport is N18million
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by coverTRadar(m): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
And still tells his gullible followers, to suffer on earth so they can enjoy in Haven...... Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Edusouls(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
lies upon lies, that's how you people are deceived into eternal poverty, the fact is that that pastor is a pure buisness man, under the disguise that he is a man of God..we call them scammers or new generation men of God...
zyzxx:
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
Even when Jesus had no money, he borrowed a white donkey and rode to Jerusalem. White donkey then was like our Phantom Ghost today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Congregation Silent As Ghanaian Pastor Begs For Money Repeatedly. Photos And Vid / Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.