Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. (13690 Views)

My Brother Was Given Agric Engineering, Should He Do It / When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? / Are Nairaland Moderators Being Paid ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by excellent2013(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
My brother work as a security in a water processing company in lagos. he was employed last year sept. on monthly salary of 20k, since oct. its been one story or the other. the factory was closed december but the security were told to be coming for work. all attempt to see the owner of the company have not been successful. how can he recover his money (100k)?

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by menix(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
Would advice he starts searching for another job cous if i advice he sues them ow much is he goin to pay the lawyer.

Or better still, he goes to the public defendant office to complain.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
Isn't there equipments in the factory to be sold?? Abi una no get herbalst for una village?? Nawa oooh,,berra leave the police and courts out,cos the big man always wins.....ah don't know about him,but if it were me,I wud take drastic steps...No man deserves to be cheated, even God hates it....
excellent2013:
My brother work as a security in a water processing company in lagos. he was employed last year sept. on monthly salary of 20k, since oct. its been one story or the other. the factory was closed december but the security were told to be coming for work. all attempt to see the owner of the company have not been successful. how can he recover his money (100k)?

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by excellent2013(m): 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
menix:
Would advice he starts searching for another job cous if i advice he sues them ow much is he goin to pay the lawyer.

Or better still, he goes to the public defendant office to complain.
Thanks actually thinking of going to report at citizen mediation centre. and to think of it the owner is a pastor.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by obua: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
The factory is closed so that means the company is cash strapped and probably bankrupt. The owner being a pastor does not give him the ability to print money.

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by CrazyMan(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
excellent2013:
The closure of the company simply means that they're in some kind of debt. Unpaid loans, mismanagement...etc.

I'm sorry about your brother's case, if he can have a face-to-face meeting with the MD of the company, he may just be lucky since he (the MD) is a pastor.

But if the company is truly cash strapped, then his 100k has gone down the drain. He will never be paid.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by excellent2013(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2015
CrazyMan:

The closure of the company simply means that they're in some kind of debt. Unpaid loans, mismanagement...etc.

I'm sorry about your brother's case, if he can have a face-to-face meeting with the MD of the company, he may just be lucky since he (the MD) is a pastor.

But if the company is truly cash strapped, then his 100k has gone down the drain. He will never be paid.
Agreed they have problems, but the md said he is going to reopen next month.moreover they have equipments like 50 sachet water machine, im considering seizing one until he is paid

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
Make him look for anoda job. nd continue to disturb dem

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by acidtalk: 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
So sorry this is happening.

However lets be very very truthful with ourselves and say the truth; the economy of the land is extremely terrible at the moment and 100s of thousands of people cutting across all sectors are likely to loose their jobs in the coming month as business owners are finding it to cope these days. Most companies are operating at a loss.

My annoyance is why keep people when You know you have no money to pay them? That is wickedness.

Within February till this week I have groomed and encourage 4people to resign and startup their own business. Including one of my very best and most earning staff. Not because there is no salary but I felt if she put half of the commitment she puts in the company to her business, she will be extremely successful in no time. So far I am happy and proud to be a good mentor to them all.

Your brother should forget the wasted time he hasn't been paid and move on. If he puts such time and energy into something of his without expecting money in 5months, in no time he will be happy. How much for N20,000 for 5 months? That's N100,000. Let him not be received the company won't pay him that much even he carry them go court.

The earlier he resigns, the better.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by martyns303(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
When the company closed down was a good point to recognize that it's over and move on.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Wetin concern your brother, he suppose arrange some Agbero boys make dem panel beat ur boss.
Make 1 company come owe one Warri boy Salary, im go burn the building....LOL
I just dey joke oh.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what i post on Nairaland
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by biddieluvzyaho(f): 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Must he wait 2 be told on wot 2 dohe jst shld leave,dem don use dia head!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by dammie4j(m): 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by naijainfogalery: 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
here are few steps to go about it
1. He should be patient and end up working more months and not being paid or being paid partly and never completed
2. He should stop coming and seek another job, getting a security job isnt much of a problem especially in a state like Lagos, from experience, most one man business dont pay up salaries especially when they close down. 2 of my former employers still owe me. One reason why i can never work for a one man business, its not as if corporate organisations dont owe too
3. If you wanna go the evil way which i wont advice, carry some of the company properties, for them to have asked them to man they place, that means there are lots of treasures in there, but this could end you up in jail sha
4. There are some govt owned establishment that helps in cases like this, but unfortunately, Nigeria doesnt have a plan for you so that option is out of it
5. Pray and fast, may be God would make him pay
6. Use juju but not original one sha, just do some locally made juju by yourself, apply it on the front of the gate. with a note that if nobody pays your salary in 7 days there would be consequences. But if the oga go mistakenly die, you are on you own ooo plus you wont end up getting your money.

All in all this are the kind of things you get when you try to do business in country without electricity. And some people will still wanna kill themselves to support all these politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by pretydiva(f): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
My sists hubby faced similar situation. Was employed in 1 big poultry farm in lagos.since oct,he hasn't b paid only 4 d md 2 sack him without paying him
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Donpizzle(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
hw come e agreed to wrk for 5 mths witout pay? Na charity wrk e do naa...
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by chyckxx(m): 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
. Space for sale..

.. GEJ Supporters only.. Still working on my single tho
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by XBLadez: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
excellent2013:
If I say report to the police now I won't be doing u any good. They won't feel concerned coz only a small amount is involved. On a serious note, I'm more confused and short of words than u and ur brother
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by nairabetguru(m): 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
excellent2013:

the more reason you should vote for buhari grin
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by moneybag100: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
Oga the money don go be that...your brother self mumu small...person no pay am 6 month salary and he still dey go work?
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by horlabiyi(m): 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
One of the problem we have in this country. Some people are so wicked to the extent that they don't care about your welfare simply because you work under them. Are they trying to encourage him to steal the machines in the factory and later charge him to court for robbery or what? I think the best thing for him is to try and get a new job and move on from them but before that try to contact human right organisation. Don't do anything silly that will tarnish the image of your family/unborn kids.

#GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
He waited for too long. I suggest he starts demanding for his money now before it gets to a year or two. Some employers are just so heartless.

#TeamNeverAgain.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by sokotoburundi(m): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
grin shocked shocked
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by mytime24(f): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hmm,dunno y sme pplee re so wicked
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Situation001(m): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Aryndin:
Is this the help you could offer?
You sef need help I forget!!!
What is that your username Arindin or what
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Adyrin(m): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tell it to God in Prayers and he will trouble the boss the way he troubled the king for Mordecai's sake
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
He should better start looking for another job.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by ifyalways(f): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
na wao.
God go help us in this country. Wickedness in high and low places.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by femi4: 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
excellent2013:
Tell him to forget it and look for another job
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by jeeqaa7(m): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
Same here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blue-collar Job In The UK Or White-collar Job In Nigeria? / 7 Top Revealing Secrets On How Best To Conquer Fear Of Business Start-ups / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.