Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

What Is The Essence Of Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Essence Of Life? (1000 Views)

Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? / What's The Essence Of Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of Life? by Dyoungstar: 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
This is me again, I was bothered about some issues about life and as I meditated I found little or no answers to the questions I've been asking myself.

I can't actually pour my mind here because it's too much, I can't articulate everything.
As I remember this another jumps in therefore making this post a vague post.

Now, my mind wandered off for search of knowledge for the reason why human beings were created.

Religion (Christianity) told us that God created man to worship him, then I asked myself:

Am I supposed to be on my Knees praying or singing all day?

I pondered on what life has to offer, I couldn't lay my mind on anything other than sleep, wake up, bathe, eat, go to work, return, bathe, eat, go to bed and recycle the whole process again the next day.

I still believe there are things our religion has not disclosed to us pertaining life.

During my wandering period, I went to a world beyond this present one (in my mind). The question my mind asked me again was:

If I die today what becomes of me?

I thought about it tactically without results.

Religion taught us that when one dies he goes back to the Creator (God), how true could that be?

This same religion taught us of purgatory, hell, heaven, bottomless pit, Sheol, Tattarus, Hades etc.

These are locations where people dwell when they leave this earth realm.

Then my question comes again:

Why will God who said he loves man so much create such places save heaven for humans to dwell and told us that those places are for punishment.

Why will God create human only to end up destroying his creation?

Genesis said he created all things and saw that they were Good, then he made man in his image.

I consider it wickedness to draw a line dividing your creation, some to eternal damnation others to eternal glory.

When he also said that "right from my mother's womb he knows me, he called me by my name" and went further to say "the thoughts he has for me are for good not evil to bring me to an expected end"

This means, he knows I won't be faithful in serving him, yet he created me only to end up throwing me into hell.

Is that not wickedness and what our law today will call man-inhumanity-to-man?

Many times I've been in Sunday school classes in church and the teacher teaches and get to a point where I asked him question, the answer I will get is "don't think too far, there are things that has no explanation"

WTF, how can you tell me not to think when I was given brain to think and reason?

Why will you say there things that has no answer only God can answer them?

Does it mean the God that says He's not an author of confusion is now indirectly confusing us?

By creating questions or theories that man cannot fathom then tell us we can't get answers to them.

Another wonder that baffles me is how God promised his blessings to his children yet billions are perishing.

My anger is that most of these people dying do not ask for jets, private planes, mansions or billions; they only ask for daily bread, yet God allow them to wallow in abject poverty and to death.

I remember reading that in the Bible that "we do not receive what we ask because we ask amiss)

asking amiss means we do not have knowledge of what to ask or we ask recklessly.

Then another portion clearly states that "wisdom is a principal thing, therefore in all your getting get understanding"

"if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally"

My problem with these passages is that even after asking for this wisdom or whatever, it takes millions of years to come.

I remember reading that a thousand years is like a day in God's eyes.

My question again: if God measures our days by the above standard how then did he give us little years [(140 years maximum) (this is my calculation based on the oldest person I've seen live)] to live on earth?

Now I come to this.
"I showeth mercy to whom I willeth"

Does God really show mercy?

I remember posting something to somebody I held with high esteem because of his stands with God.

Lemme post it here...

My Message to him.
Good morning sir.
Please take a little of your time and go through this note.

On the 1st Aug 2014, I lost my father to the cold hands of death thereby inheriting the responsibility of catering for 5 younger sisters and a mother.

My father quited his paying job to answer what he called the call of God, for 30+ years in ministry I didn't see any reasonable achievement to be happy for his pastoral adventure.

We never attended good school, no good food, house clothing; nothing to look unto and say God is good. Practically we were teaching and learning what never existed because there were no evidences to show that we served any living God, as the lives of an ordinary man was better than ours.

This has left a big question in my mind, I wonder what is going through the minds of my little sisters as well.

I have taken time to sum up all my family's achievement as Christians but discovered that out of 100 things, we only have 5 which every other normal person also have.

My atheist friends practically are doing better than me in everything and they rub it on my face, mocking me for everything.

With God I have achieved nothing, just jumping from pillar to post.

I remember being invited to join a cult last 2 years at Abuja but I refused hoping on God, only for him to dash all my hopes.

I didn't want to bother you with my troubles because I have my life to live, but I need to share what I feel right now with someone.

I have come to the conclusion that if God actually exist, he doesn't care about my family; it's just unfortunate am discovering this late.

The church and the so called Christians couldn't help my father during his trying periods till death they still abandoned his corpse.

Now my mum and the church has backed off including those that preached God to me. Everyone has deserted us, what Muslims will never do to their fellow.

I have decided to try other means since there's no hope where I've been for 26 years now.

Help me pray to God for my life and family if he listens to you because am tired and done with this mess.

I can't watch my sisters live a reckless life all because am hoping on something that has never shown up right from the days of my father before I was born till now, NO EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE.

With a grieved heart I write you this.
Thanks for reading.

Then this is his answer.

Dear ......, Tnk u for d mail. I feel your pain and frustrations with man and God. Given that your late father was a pastor, u re even more pained that God could not or has not done enough or anything @ all to earn ur praise or certification. Unfortunately, ur tirade is not against me or any other human I can confront! Ur case is againt an almighty God(if he exists). In 2007 I came to this point too. In fact, I told God that he either didn't exist or if he existed, I didn't giv a damn! I stopped praying or talking to God 4 two whole years. If I ever woke up @ 3am(my usual time for many yrs), I watched movies. Next, I took aftr women in utmost riotous living!

I decided I wld live my life by a new set of rules. I started frequenting hotels in KD, Abj, Lagos, and anywhere else. Curiously after that decision, my way seemed to have opened up. I got biz deals in torrents and made money without praying @ all. I only attended church because of my wife and d kids. I did

n't join in d house devotions. Not even in my office did I join in any form of prayer.

I now had chain of girl friends, national and international. I flew some to Dubai. I met others. In China. I flew some to Lagos hotels to wait for my arrival from foreign trips. I guess many may have been pregnant and aborted. I know of at least 3 abortions, with one even so complicated that it was ectopic, so they had to cut one of her fallopian tubes!

Curiously, God didn't do anything about my new lifestyle. My wife began going from mountain of fire to mountain of liberation. It was from one prayer house to anoda. I didn't care. I didn't stop her either. I laughed whenever I see her and her friend going for the nxt prayer misadventure on my behalf

The kind of cash that began to enter my hand was scary. No occult stuff. No rituals. Nothing dark or fetish. My way just seemed to open. If there was a devil, he simply let me alone and told all his poverty demons to backoff me. If there was a God, he must surely be handicapped @ a man who decided to throw him out. Then I began to wonder if my years of prayer and church stuff was worth the sacrifice and risk and time? I started to ask why I didn't do thisd for some rare suites and 4 months later, I bought myself a Mercedez Benz C-class 240! Cool ride!

much earlier and simply succeed without God! I had a swell time. In one week, I spent N25million! I bought 3 cars d same day! I flew to China and shopped

It is easy for me to empathize wt u because I av been there. I am not going to hold brief for God and defend him unnecessarily and just tell u that God is good, all the time, while u are roasting and there is a high prospect of your younger sisters being pushed, even into prostitution because of hunger of starv ation! My uncle's 2 beautiful daughters ended up marrying moslems in Kano. Hunger drove them. Their father is still alive

And I can quickly tell u that there are many people in your shoes right now who are asking same or more bizarre questions about if God truly existed or whether nature is just running things as proven by science. Some nations have even set up whole atheistic systems like defunct soviet union and North Korea. China is not even a religious country and they are overrunning the whole world. I think that the experience Job had was so harrowing that he requested a meeting wt God at the court of heaven if any existed!

Having said these, let me say that your are free moral being and at your age, even human governments say u are of age and can live alone, marry and do anything else an adult shld do. Secondly, Dyoungstar, man as he presently stands has ONLY 5 sense organs! The organs of eyes for sight, ears for hearing, tongue for taste, nose for perceiving smell, the skin for sensitivity to touch and the environment! Now, if anything come beyond d purview of these five sense organs, man wld be confused and disabled. If u were born without eyes, it wld be difficult for me to explain to u color Red or green! If ur nose stopped working, I can't possibly explain to u the smell of gas! And if u were born deaf and dumb or even lose them in an accident, u wld have to find alternative ways to hear and speak, otherwise u wld b called a 'special child' an euphemism for a disabled life. And rather unfortunately, many of the things that concern u and I are way beyond the comprehension of the 5 sense organs. Very many things have no human explanation unless God grants special access. For example, I don't know when and how God called ur dad. I don't know he let u guys without food, shelter or good education. Unfortunately, until we go to join him, we may never know

Also, there is a precedent story in d bible where a man of God died in debt and d creditors came to collect his 2 sons for ransome. It took d intervention of Elijah or Elisha to multiply oli cruse to pay off the debt and live off well thereafter. Many times people serve God without knowledge. God said my peopl are destroyed for d lack of knowledge. U will recall that in d very recent past, people broke their TV sets and called them d devil's boxes. Times have however changed! When computers came out, churches and many Christians avoided them like plaques! Some called them d weapons of the antichrist. I heard of a lady who withdrew from the university at 400level, studying petrochemical engineering in 1984 or so. She was told that all rich folks wld go to hell like the Rick man and lazarus in Luke 16. She imagined and was told that there was no way she wld graduate and not be rich. She didn't want to miss heaven, so she dropped out. Needless to say she is regretting it now

others called themselves. Some even resign their jobs to join ministry and then call God to come bless their works. Come to think of it, many people keep their jobs these days and still run effective ministries. One thing I av found out is that God makes provision for every vision he gives! Unfortunately

My little knowledge of d church systems since 1983 august when I became active, has shown me men and women who almost destroyed d church. God called somey, many people were ignorant of God and his ways, even till today!

Now, please also know that this life is guided by laws. In engineering, we have a law that says: "every mathematical function is realizable if the initial conditions are defined and satisfied" so the realization of any dream, vision, pursuit and ambition is contigent on the knowledge of d initial conditio ns and d observation of them. We can there4 safely extrapolate the law to say any hope, pursuit, ambition, desire and dream can be realized, if only we know the powering initial conditions and labored hard to fulfil them

To this extent, if You(Dyoungstar) gets into a jet and midair orders d pilot to switch of d engine, both himself, d pilot, d plane and all wld crash down by gravilty. The same thing wld happen to Bishop oyedepo, papa adeboye or prof soyinka! Laws, there4, do not respect faces, they respect principles. Doors do not respect persons, but only keys! If an idiot or a murderer lays hold on d right keys, the doors wld fling open!

I don't know how much ur late knows. I don't know when and how God called him. I don't know why he left his job. I don't know why he died when he did. It is just like I don't know also why my wife died @ 42. If I ask questions, I may never get d right answers!

Now, u are here! Someone said if u don't like where u were born or where u hail from, u can decide where to live by relocating! It's near impossible to r got married in year 2000 and we never lived togethr. My parents were divorced b4 I was 6months old. I lived wt different people at different times in diame town, he cared less being a polygamous guy. And if I sat weeping about d misfortune he bequeathed to me, I wld b a sorry sight today.

Pls know that there is a way out of every predicament. I saw in Rev 20:1-2 that even d bottomless pit has a key. If u find it, d doors would open.

Rewind d hand of d clock and ask your father to come and correct what u think he should, u can pick up from here. I was born to a father who lived until Ifferent places. I lived wt my granny, my wicked anty, alone, and many others. My father never bought me a pant or singlet and even though we lived in d s

Having said these, let me cap d story of my adventure when I shut God down. I began to fly and make friends and biz contacts. And with d success also came d envy of my friends and enemies. At that point, I had no spiritual covering, I didn't want God and I had no deal with d devil either. And then the attacks started. From co-tenants to biz associates and even up to d village. In fact, d house I started building in 2010 is still at lintel level. It hooked. Yet, I had so much cash that I built it in 30days to lintel level. And since I had decided that God was not a factor in my life, it was impossible to gorget God now, but u may never have d luxury to deny d devil when he shows up.

o ask him for help! Please take not that if at any point, in any way, by any means u convince urself that God doesn't exist and there4 kick him out ur door, u may go ahead and succeed. But be sure d devil will come for u later, as sure as d sun rises daily! U may find it convenient and even expedient to f

I hv also come to find out that every action carries equal and opposite reaction. Whatsoever a man sows, he must reap, and many times, upto d 4th generation! What I think u shld do is ask God for d mercy that shows men d way out! Even if u decide to join d occult today and hit it big, it's temporal. I am ls know also that no man can have anything, unless it is given to him from heaven. It's just like a bank. U can get cash out two ways: legal, by cheque

sure u recall many of ur friends who took d shortcut and have since cut themselves short! Even d legendary abiola is no even mentioned again in d news! Instruments or illegally by gun/fraud. Whichever way u choose, cash will follow u. But afterwards the results follow.

The famed king Solomon having seen all and enjoyed life to d hilt said: " I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor battle to d strong, neither yet bread to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all" Ecc 9:11. Many times we think we have worked hard enough or played smart enough. At least seven times in d book of revelation 2 and 3 Jesus was quoted as saying: "he that overcometh...." the overcomer overcomes something! Life is as complex as a war front. We don't have all d details now, life is a warfare not a funfare. U have got to fight and win ur way thru. May I also tell u that even the occultists and ritualist pay a heavy price exchange for whatever immediate material gains they get. We often see the glitz and glamour but not d hidden pain and cost. This is called d mystery of iniquity. So my friend, sit down with yourself, by yourself and make up ur mind. Be assured that whatever decision u take is a decision u will live with, both here and eternity. God bless u!

In all these, I still find it hard to believe God loves everyone equally.

I quote the Bible "to whom I willeth I showeth mercy"

if you have any contribution, drop it please.

Thanks for reading.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by Sunnystooth(m): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hmmm, a lot to take in. Life is indeed a mystery.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by omoayeni1(m): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hmmmm so far so good I read it all,my friend friend you get the right answer,pray to God is God he will show you mercy.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by kay29000(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
The true essence of life is to be the BEST YOU...Go all out to achieve that passion you so desire, so that in the process, you not only experience joy, you also give joy to thousands or millions of people in the world who enjoy your service or the goods you provide. This is the true essence of life.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by gatiano(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
Life is not a mystery, it is well calculated and there is not a single mistake anywhere. You just need to have the intuition and finding the universal truth and the cosmic truth. for a start read https://www.nairaland.com/2163386/african-blackroots-science-religion-science
for further interest read Elijah Muhammad's books, most are free online.
You would basically understand both the bible and quran. and you would understand how mighty GOD is, what does it mean to fear GOD.

Sunnystooth:
Hmmm, a lot to take in. Life is indeed a mystery.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by gatiano(m): 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
I do hope very much that you'd read this. Everybody has one or two things that they question GOD about. but before that, We need to know who GOD is, who the satan is, who devils are and most importantly the knowledge of your own self.
https://www.nairaland.com/2163386/african-blackroots-science-religion-science

You can study Elijah Muhammad first or after you read the link above. You must understand what and who you are, where you are actually coming from and where you are going to. Then with this knowledge, you can make and create heaven for yourself and your happiness.
Use your intuition and open your mind when you read, do not jump into conclusions or be like most biased minds.

GOD's blessings and peace be with you brother; You are not alone.

Dyoungstar:
This is me again, I was bothered about some issues about life and as I meditated I found little or no answers to the questions I've been asking myself.

I can't actually pour my mind here because it's too much, I can't articulate everything.
As I remember this another jumps in therefore making this post a vague post.

Now, my mind wandered off for search of knowledge for the reason why human beings were created.

Religion (Christianity) told us that God created man to worship him, then I asked myself:

Am I supposed to be on my Knees praying or singing all day?

I pondered on what life has to offer, I couldn't lay my mind on anything other than sleep, wake up, bathe, eat, go to work, return, bathe, eat, go to bed and recycle the whole process again the next day.

I still believe there are things our religion has not disclosed to us pertaining life.

During my wandering period, I went to a world beyond this present one (in my mind). The question my mind asked me again was:

If I die today what becomes of me?

I thought about it tactically without results.

Religion taught us that when one dies he goes back to the Creator (God), how true could that be?

This same religion taught us of purgatory, hell, heaven, bottomless pit, Sheol, Tattarus, Hades etc.

These are locations where people dwell when they leave this earth realm.

Then my question comes again:

Why will God who said he loves man so much create such places save heaven for humans to dwell and told us that those places are for punishment.

Why will God create human only to end up destroying his creation?

Genesis said he created all things and saw that they were Good, then he made man in his image.

I consider it wickedness to draw a line dividing your creation, some to eternal damnation others to eternal glory.

When he also said that "right from my mother's womb he knows me, he called me by my name" and went further to say "the thoughts he has for me are for good not evil to bring me to an expected end"

This means, he knows I won't be faithful in serving him, yet he created me only to end up throwing me into hell.

Is that not wickedness and what our law today will call man-inhumanity-to-man?

Many times I've been in Sunday school classes in church and the teacher teaches and get to a point where I asked him question, the answer I will get is "don't think too far, there are things that has no explanation"

WTF, how can you tell me not to think when I was given brain to think and reason?

Why will you say there things that has no answer only God can answer them?

Does it mean the God that says He's not an author of confusion is now indirectly confusing us?

By creating questions or theories that man cannot fathom then tell us we can't get answers to them.

Another wonder that baffles me is how God promised his blessings to his children yet billions are perishing.

My anger is that most of these people dying do not ask for jets, private planes, mansions or billions; they only ask for daily bread, yet God allow them to wallow in abject poverty and to death.

I remember reading that in the Bible that "we do not receive what we ask because we ask amiss)

asking amiss means we do not have knowledge of what to ask or we ask recklessly.

Then another portion clearly states that "wisdom is a principal thing, therefore in all your getting get understanding"

"if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally"

My problem with these passages is that even after asking for this wisdom or whatever, it takes millions of years to come.

I remember reading that a thousand years is like a day in God's eyes.

My question again: if God measures our days by the above standard how then did he give us little years [(140 years maximum) (this is my calculation based on the oldest person I've seen live)] to live on earth?

Now I come to this.
"I showeth mercy to whom I willeth"

Does God really show mercy?

I remember posting something to somebody I held with high esteem because of his stands with God.

Lemme post it here...

My Message to him.
Good morning sir.
Please take a little of your time and go through this note.

On the 1st Aug 2014, I lost my father to the cold hands of death thereby inheriting the responsibility of catering for 5 younger sisters and a mother.

My father quited his paying job to answer what he called the call of God, for 30+ years in ministry I didn't see any reasonable achievement to be happy for his pastoral adventure.

We never attended good school, no good food, house clothing; nothing to look unto and say God is good. Practically we were teaching and learning what never existed because there were no evidences to show that we served any living God, as the lives of an ordinary man was better than ours.

This has left a big question in my mind, I wonder what is going through the minds of my little sisters as well.

I have taken time to sum up all my family's achievement as Christians but discovered that out of 100 things, we only have 5 which every other normal person also have.

My atheist friends practically are doing better than me in everything and they rub it on my face, mocking me for everything.

With God I have achieved nothing, just jumping from pillar to post.

I remember being invited to join a cult last 2 years at Abuja but I refused hoping on God, only for him to dash all my hopes.

I didn't want to bother you with my troubles because I have my life to live, but I need to share what I feel right now with someone.

I have come to the conclusion that if God actually exist, he doesn't care about my family; it's just unfortunate am discovering this late.

The church and the so called Christians couldn't help my father during his trying periods till death they still abandoned his corpse.

Now my mum and the church has backed off including those that preached God to me. Everyone has deserted us, what Muslims will never do to their fellow.

I have decided to try other means since there's no hope where I've been for 26 years now.

Help me pray to God for my life and family if he listens to you because am tired and done with this mess.

I can't watch my sisters live a reckless life all because am hoping on something that has never shown up right from the days of my father before I was born till now, NO EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE.

With a grieved heart I write you this.
Thanks for reading.

Then this is his answer.

Dear ......, Tnk u for d mail. I feel your pain and frustrations with man and God. Given that your late father was a pastor, u re even more pained that God could not or has not done enough or anything @ all to earn ur praise or certification. Unfortunately, ur tirade is not against me or any other human I can confront! Ur case is againt an almighty God(if he exists). In 2007 I came to this point too. In fact, I told God that he either didn't exist or if he existed, I didn't giv a damn! I stopped praying or talking to God 4 two whole years. If I ever woke up @ 3am(my usual time for many yrs), I watched movies. Next, I took aftr women in utmost riotous living!

I decided I wld live my life by a new set of rules. I started frequenting hotels in KD, Abj, Lagos, and anywhere else. Curiously after that decision, my way seemed to have opened up. I got biz deals in torrents and made money without praying @ all. I only attended church because of my wife and d kids. I did

n't join in d house devotions. Not even in my office did I join in any form of prayer.

I now had chain of girl friends, national and international. I flew some to Dubai. I met others. In China. I flew some to Lagos hotels to wait for my arrival from foreign trips. I guess many may have been pregnant and aborted. I know of at least 3 abortions, with one even so complicated that it was ectopic, so they had to cut one of her fallopian tubes!

Curiously, God didn't do anything about my new lifestyle. My wife began going from mountain of fire to mountain of liberation. It was from one prayer house to anoda. I didn't care. I didn't stop her either. I laughed whenever I see her and her friend going for the nxt prayer misadventure on my behalf

The kind of cash that began to enter my hand was scary. No occult stuff. No rituals. Nothing dark or fetish. My way just seemed to open. If there was a devil, he simply let me alone and told all his poverty demons to backoff me. If there was a God, he must surely be handicapped @ a man who decided to throw him out. Then I began to wonder if my years of prayer and church stuff was worth the sacrifice and risk and time? I started to ask why I didn't do thisd for some rare suites and 4 months later, I bought myself a Mercedez Benz C-class 240! Cool ride!

much earlier and simply succeed without God! I had a swell time. In one week, I spent N25million! I bought 3 cars d same day! I flew to China and shopped

It is easy for me to empathize wt u because I av been there. I am not going to hold brief for God and defend him unnecessarily and just tell u that God is good, all the time, while u are roasting and there is a high prospect of your younger sisters being pushed, even into prostitution because of hunger of starv ation! My uncle's 2 beautiful daughters ended up marrying moslems in Kano. Hunger drove them. Their father is still alive

And I can quickly tell u that there are many people in your shoes right now who are asking same or more bizarre questions about if God truly existed or whether nature is just running things as proven by science. Some nations have even set up whole atheistic systems like defunct soviet union and North Korea. China is not even a religious country and they are overrunning the whole world. I think that the experience Job had was so harrowing that he requested a meeting wt God at the court of heaven if any existed!

Having said these, let me say that your are free moral being and at your age, even human governments say u are of age and can live alone, marry and do anything else an adult shld do. Secondly, Dyoungstar, man as he presently stands has ONLY 5 sense organs! The organs of eyes for sight, ears for hearing, tongue for taste, nose for perceiving smell, the skin for sensitivity to touch and the environment! Now, if anything come beyond d purview of these five sense organs, man wld be confused and disabled. If u were born without eyes, it wld be difficult for me to explain to u color Red or green! If ur nose stopped working, I can't possibly explain to u the smell of gas! And if u were born deaf and dumb or even lose them in an accident, u wld have to find alternative ways to hear and speak, otherwise u wld b called a 'special child' an euphemism for a disabled life. And rather unfortunately, many of the things that concern u and I are way beyond the comprehension of the 5 sense organs. Very many things have no human explanation unless God grants special access. For example, I don't know when and how God called ur dad. I don't know he let u guys without food, shelter or good education. Unfortunately, until we go to join him, we may never know

Also, there is a precedent story in d bible where a man of God died in debt and d creditors came to collect his 2 sons for ransome. It took d intervention of Elijah or Elisha to multiply oli cruse to pay off the debt and live off well thereafter. Many times people serve God without knowledge. God said my peopl are destroyed for d lack of knowledge. U will recall that in d very recent past, people broke their TV sets and called them d devil's boxes. Times have however changed! When computers came out, churches and many Christians avoided them like plaques! Some called them d weapons of the antichrist. I heard of a lady who withdrew from the university at 400level, studying petrochemical engineering in 1984 or so. She was told that all rich folks wld go to hell like the Rick man and lazarus in Luke 16. She imagined and was told that there was no way she wld graduate and not be rich. She didn't want to miss heaven, so she dropped out. Needless to say she is regretting it now

others called themselves. Some even resign their jobs to join ministry and then call God to come bless their works. Come to think of it, many people keep their jobs these days and still run effective ministries. One thing I av found out is that God makes provision for every vision he gives! Unfortunately

My little knowledge of d church systems since 1983 august when I became active, has shown me men and women who almost destroyed d church. God called somey, many people were ignorant of God and his ways, even till today!

Now, please also know that this life is guided by laws. In engineering, we have a law that says: "every mathematical function is realizable if the initial conditions are defined and satisfied" so the realization of any dream, vision, pursuit and ambition is contigent on the knowledge of d initial conditio ns and d observation of them. We can there4 safely extrapolate the law to say any hope, pursuit, ambition, desire and dream can be realized, if only we know the powering initial conditions and labored hard to fulfil them

To this extent, if You(Dyoungstar) gets into a jet and midair orders d pilot to switch of d engine, both himself, d pilot, d plane and all wld crash down by gravilty. The same thing wld happen to Bishop oyedepo, papa adeboye or prof soyinka! Laws, there4, do not respect faces, they respect principles. Doors do not respect persons, but only keys! If an idiot or a murderer lays hold on d right keys, the doors wld fling open!

I don't know how much ur late knows. I don't know when and how God called him. I don't know why he left his job. I don't know why he died when he did. It is just like I don't know also why my wife died @ 42. If I ask questions, I may never get d right answers!

Now, u are here! Someone said if u don't like where u were born or where u hail from, u can decide where to live by relocating! It's near impossible to r got married in year 2000 and we never lived togethr. My parents were divorced b4 I was 6months old. I lived wt different people at different times in diame town, he cared less being a polygamous guy. And if I sat weeping about d misfortune he bequeathed to me, I wld b a sorry sight today.

Pls know that there is a way out of every predicament. I saw in Rev 20:1-2 that even d bottomless pit has a key. If u find it, d doors would open.

Rewind d hand of d clock and ask your father to come and correct what u think he should, u can pick up from here. I was born to a father who lived until Ifferent places. I lived wt my granny, my wicked anty, alone, and many others. My father never bought me a pant or singlet and even though we lived in d s

Having said these, let me cap d story of my adventure when I shut God down. I began to fly and make friends and biz contacts. And with d success also came d envy of my friends and enemies. At that point, I had no spiritual covering, I didn't want God and I had no deal with d devil either. And then the attacks started. From co-tenants to biz associates and even up to d village. In fact, d house I started building in 2010 is still at lintel level. It hooked. Yet, I had so much cash that I built it in 30days to lintel level. And since I had decided that God was not a factor in my life, it was impossible to gorget God now, but u may never have d luxury to deny d devil when he shows up.

o ask him for help! Please take not that if at any point, in any way, by any means u convince urself that God doesn't exist and there4 kick him out ur door, u may go ahead and succeed. But be sure d devil will come for u later, as sure as d sun rises daily! U may find it convenient and even expedient to f

I hv also come to find out that every action carries equal and opposite reaction. Whatsoever a man sows, he must reap, and many times, upto d 4th generation! What I think u shld do is ask God for d mercy that shows men d way out! Even if u decide to join d occult today and hit it big, it's temporal. I am ls know also that no man can have anything, unless it is given to him from heaven. It's just like a bank. U can get cash out two ways: legal, by cheque

sure u recall many of ur friends who took d shortcut and have since cut themselves short! Even d legendary abiola is no even mentioned again in d news! Instruments or illegally by gun/fraud. Whichever way u choose, cash will follow u. But afterwards the results follow.

The famed king Solomon having seen all and enjoyed life to d hilt said: " I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor battle to d strong, neither yet bread to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all" Ecc 9:11. Many times we think we have worked hard enough or played smart enough. At least seven times in d book of revelation 2 and 3 Jesus was quoted as saying: "he that overcometh...." the overcomer overcomes something! Life is as complex as a war front. We don't have all d details now, life is a warfare not a funfare. U have got to fight and win ur way thru. May I also tell u that even the occultists and ritualist pay a heavy price exchange for whatever immediate material gains they get. We often see the glitz and glamour but not d hidden pain and cost. This is called d mystery of iniquity. So my friend, sit down with yourself, by yourself and make up ur mind. Be assured that whatever decision u take is a decision u will live with, both here and eternity. God bless u!

In all these, I still find it hard to believe God loves everyone equally.

I quote the Bible "to whom I willeth I showeth mercy"

if you have any contribution, drop it please.

Thanks for reading.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by frank317: 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
No religious folks can tell u anything meaningful. Unfortunately everyone has his own questions and doubts in their mind but would rather supress them and hold unto hope with fear of offending the invisible loving vengeful father in heaven.

Unfortunately, religionists, especially Christians are like gamblers. Gambling can be addictive beause of its schedule of reinforcement. The gamble does not know when the next game will pay but he is sure that payment will surely come even if it means playing 100 times, hence his addiction.

That's what's Christians do... And that's the psychology pastors use on us. All they do is preach and pray knowing that one day your hard efforts must surely pay off and they just take the glory. You on the other hand becomes addicted to your belief and once u record one success.... Your self fulfilled prophecy has come to pass.

We are on our own in this world... The earlier we know this, the earlier we take control of our life and be in charge of our destiny. Religious belief is just what it is... A belief. Its does not come with a fact.

Taking control of ur life does not mean u live a careless life....getting drunk and chasing after women... It means u take responsibility for every thing that happens to u. Don't blame one invisible devil for ur mistakes, neither should u blame one invisible father in the sky for ur success.

Make urself happy and live by ur own profitable standard.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by repogirl(f): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
Well, for me when i hit any low point, this verse of scripture keeps me going, and it always works like a charm, mattew 6 :24-34, special emphasis on 33 and 34.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
repogirl:
Well, for me when i hit any low point, this verse of scripture keeps me going, and it always works like a charm, mattew 6 :24-34, special emphasis on 33 and 34.
smiley

I know I can always count on you ma'am.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by repogirl(f): 8:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
smiley

I know I can always count on you ma'am.
awwwww, miss you loads sad
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by frank317: 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
repogirl:

When I hit any low point... I look within and speak to myself... I tell myself positive things and motivate myself with the fact that I have nothing to lose if I become stronger and if others have made it... So can I.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
@ Op, I wrote something similar three days ago. I don't know how many times people will go to therapy for the misdeeds of their parents. It takes only you for your life to change. God's will for your life does not require the glorified education that most brag about, when he created you in your mother's womb he didn't say your success will be based on how educated you are. You know your dreams, he knows your purpose and nothing beats that in life. Where you were brought up might not be so pleasing to you, but it was so that you can become a comfort to many. I don't share my stories with people so that they can pity me, I share them because I know he could've taken me out of poverty, or made my mom switch careers so that we'd have a better life but he didn't. He let mom make mistakes, to show her that her ways were not his ways and if she followed his Word, not try to give that small voice a boot she could have given us a better life. My mom's daughters all thank her, because through her we are able to right all the generational wrongs in our family.

God requires faithfulness and submission.

I've seen people who have been blessed beyond measures here, yes they get disappointed but God's word is the way to go. Like your Pastor quoted; "my people perish because they lack knowledge"

Where's that knowledge? Its in the bible and until we "those who call themselves christians" really study it like we do with our academic books then we won't be lamenting about our past.

Your still living, what are you doing about it? God never fails people, if you think he did, or he has, think again.

I attended a church last year, I love their teachings but I detest "some" of its members wayward lifestyles. I was seriously looking for a job coz I had to pay my school fees, everything actually while others whom we've had the same qualifications qualified for scholarships and I didn't make the cut. I pushed my way forward though it was tough, so I got invited to the church and liked it from the onset. I told them my problems and we prayed together, I got a job and I couldn't be of service at church the way I used to which got me a bad name. I was at the crossroads, leave work or endure silly remarks from the mog and wog in the church, I chose the former. I suffered, those who knew me then would tell you I was a mess and you know I blamed God and always ask my bff this question;

"why is it that those who does not give a hoot about God are so successful? They get scholarships they never even applied for, the buy cars like a bottle of valpre and are getting married like nobody's business? Are we cursed? What is wrong with us? We stay faithful, we fast, we pray, we tithe, we love others, why?"

Her answer was always the same, "We are not who we pretend to be, God is not a man that he should lie, or be lied to."

She was right, I realized I didn't have to figure out stuff all by myself, or pretend to be holy while I knew I still have a room full of doubt in my heart. We can't put God and doubt in one place, God won't stay.

In short Dyoungstar until you stop doubting God in your heart by always blaming him for human choices, you cannot see your way. Stop wondering, put your mind at rest, face your front, and yours alone like many did in the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by repogirl(f): 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
frank317:

When I hit any low point... I look within and speak to myself... I tell myself positive things and motivate myself with the fact that I have nothing to lose if I become stronger and if others have made it... So can I.
I remember a certain someone who recently got quite fed up of his making no headway with his talent and wanted to give up his love because he had even begun to doubt his own self.

Now i wonder, when did he give himself this your peptalk, was it before or after feeling sorry for himself? Was it before or after a few others encouraged him not to give up?

Be real, frank. Everyone needs a support structure, sometimes things get overwhelming for one to bear and one can give up on one's self.

You claim you are your own pillar of strength, well, i know for a fact thats not really true.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
repogirl:
awwwww, miss you loads sad
Miss you more. smiley
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by Dyoungstar: 1:03am On Mar 06, 2015
Nice hearing from you, let's meet at the other end.

HumbledbYGrace:
@ Op, I wrote something similar three days ago. I don't know how many times people will go to therapy for the misdeeds of their parents. It takes only you for your life to change. God's will for your life does not require the glorified education that most brag about, when he created you in your mother's womb he didn't say your success will be based on how educated you are. You know your dreams, he knows your purpose and nothing beats that in life. Where you were brought up might not be so pleasing to you, but it was so that you can become a comfort to many. I don't share my stories with people so that they can pity me, I share them because I know he could've taken me out of poverty, or made my mom switch careers so that we'd have a better life but he didn't. He let mom make mistakes, to show her that her ways were not his ways and if she followed his Word, not try to give that small voice a boot she could have given us a better life. My mom's daughters all thank her, because through her we are able to right all the generational wrongs in our family.

I've seen people who have been blessed beyond measures here, yes they get disappointed but God's word is the way to go. Like your Pastor quoted; "my people perish because they lack knowledge"

Where's that knowledge? Its in the bible and until we "those who call themselves christians" really study it like we do with our academic books then we won't be lamenting about our past.

Your still living, what are you doing about it? God never fails people, if you think he did, or he has, think again.

I attended a church last year, I love their teachings but I detest "some" of its members wayward lifestyles. I was seriously looking for a job coz I had to pay my school fees, everything actually while others whom we've had the same qualifications qualified for scholarships and I didn't make the cut. I pushed my way forward though it was tough, so I got invited to the church and liked it from the onset. I told them my problems and we prayed together, I got a job and I couldn't be of service at church the way I used to which got me a bad name. I was at the crossroads, leave work or endure silly remarks from the mog and wog in the church, I chose the former. I suffered, those who knew me then would tell you I was a mess and you know I blamed God and always ask my bff this question;

"why is it that those who does not give a hoot about God are so successful? They get scholarships they never even applied for, the buy cars like a bottle of valpre and are getting married like nobody's business? Are we cursed? What is wrong with us? We stay faithful, we fast, we pray, we tithe, we love others, why?"

Her answer was always the same, "We are not who we pretend to be, God is not a man that he should lie, or be lied to."

She was right, I realized I didn't have to figure out stuff all by myself, or pretend to be holy while I knew I still have a room full of doubt in my heart. We can't put God and doubt in one place, God won't stay.

In short Dyoungstar until you stop doubting God in your heart by always blaming him for human choices, you cannot see your way. Stop wondering, put your mind at rest, face your front, and yours alone like many did in the bible.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by frank317: 9:07am On Mar 06, 2015
repogirl:
I remember a certain someone who recently got quite fed up of his making no headway with his talent and wanted to give up his love because he had even begun to doubt his own self.

Now i wonder, when did he give himself this your peptalk, was it before or after feeling sorry for himself? Was it before or after a few others encouraged him not to give up?

Be real, frank. Everyone needs a support structure, sometimes things get overwhelming for one to bear and one can give up on one's self.

You claim you are your own pillar of strength, well, i know for a fact thats not really true.

Get real lady... Just like you I never declared never ever hitting my low point.

You think its right for you to HIT YOUR LOW POINT and runs to the Bible for strength

But when I HIT MY LOW POINT and need advice or need to draw up and inner strength and motivate myself, I become a bad example?

Unfortunately for you I got my strength back withouy even knowing those f**king chapters u mentioned existed.

And who said no one needs a support structure. Like u read the bible and give it ur own meaning, u still read my words and give them ur own meaning? Don't you know people can talk you into bringing out ur inner strength?

Well my message in response to ur earlier quote was just to make u see that the fact that u derive strength from reading those verses does not make them special neither does it make it the word of God. If I can get help from some other places or from inner strength.... I might as well also call it God's and this delusional belief becomes my reality.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by frank317: 9:20am On Mar 06, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:

Oh please... U have succeeded in typing something so long without making single sense...

U God is a big puzzle who enjoys the confusion he exerts on people.

And if the posters father gave his all in worship u see nothing wrong in the child of a pastor having serious doubts after his father gained very little worshiping him?

My dad is a pastor too... U need to see how wasted he is... And u think I should join him and tow that line... U obviously know nothing about life. So go back to ur closet
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by repogirl(f): 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Loool frank317, Okay, lets agree to disagree like we always do. If you feel you can get through life by your power, fine. No need to get touchy about it. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
frank317:

Oh please... U have succeeded in typing something so long without making single sense...

U God is a big puzzle who enjoys the confusion he exerts on people.

And if the posters father gave his all in worship u see nothing wrong in the child of a pastor having serious doubts after his father gained very little worshiping him?

My dad is a pastor too... U need to see how wasted he is... And u think I should join him and tow that line... U obviously know nothing about life. So go back to ur closet
kindly do not quote me if your intention is to insult, thank you.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Life? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
The greatest sin in the world is the rejection of Living God.

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Difference Between Performance And Ministration?(gospel Artistes) / Paying Tithe As A Student / Amazing How Islam Really F**** Up Peoples Way Of Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.