Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! (4243 Views)

What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? / Top 20 Songs You Must Have On Your Playlist / Download All The Songs From Calabar/efik Rap Group Okpo Records (Upper x etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by realtem(m): 3:01am On Mar 16, 2015
I listen to any sound pleasant to my ear. I don't even know how to group those songs(except rap, blues fuji and reggae )
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Rapmoney(m): 5:16am On Mar 16, 2015
sholay2011:

What of country music
Few Nigerians enjoy and listen to it. Lovers of Country music are not different from Blues fansgrin
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by safarigirl(f): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
No country music? undecided

@OP I love rock, Blues, Country, rap/hip hop and the Nigerian 'konto' music....where does that place me?
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
safarigirl:
No country music? undecided

@OP I love rock, Blues, Country, rap/hip hop and the Nigerian 'konto' music....where does that place me?
. Dolly parton, kenny Rogers, Ben jovi, Chris de burge etc.what is music without, country music?
Am a fan of rock, Cold play and imagine dragon are my favourite.
* humming What if by Cold play*
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by safarigirl(f): 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
Adaobi12:
. Dolly parton, kenny Rogers, Ben jovi, Chris de burge etc.what is music without, country music?
dolly parton and kenny rogers are my best country musicians....but I kinda like Tim McGraw as well

My fav rock musicians vary. I love Evanescence, Linkin Park, Greenday, Fall Out Boy, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson(when she does rock), Paramore and Daughtry

With Blues, I'm all about Frank Sinatra cool
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
safarigirl:
dolly parton and kenny rogers are my best country musicians....but I kinda like Tim McGraw as well

My fav rock musicians vary. I love Evanescence, Linkin Park, Greenday, Fall Out Boy, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson(when she does rock), Paramore and Daughtry

With Blues, I'm all about Frank Sinatra cool

Avirl lavigne is nice sha.
is the band perry a rock artist? they are really nice.
I don't do much blues it evokes unnecessary feeling.
Try listen to Imagine Dragon, on top of the world. you will be wowed.
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Kingsasian(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
I listen to hip hop most of the tym esp the foreign ones. The genres of music I listen to determines the mood that I am in at that point in tym. But I dislike rock, can't decipher what they are saying.

1 Like

Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by safarigirl(f): 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
Adaobi12:

Avirl lavigne is nice sha.
is the band perry a rock artist? they are really nice.
I don't do much blues it evokes unnecessary feeling.
Try listen to Imagine Dragon, on top of the world. you will be wowed.
I feel the band perry are some form of hybrid of rock and country music eg if I die young was more country than rock IMO

OMG, can't believe this skipped my mind, I'm a hardcore P!NK fan till forever....I'll check out Imagine Dragon....

You should try Frank Sinatra's The Way You Look Tonight and Fly Me To The Moon, those are great blues songs that are kinda jazzy
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
safarigirl:
I feel the band perry are some form of hybrid of rock and country music eg if I die young was more country than rock IMO

OMG, can't believe this skipped my mind, I'm a hardcore P!NK fan till forever....I'll check out Imagine Dragon....

You should try Frank Sinatra's The Way You Look Tonight and Fly Me To The Moon, those are great blues songs that are kinda jazzy

Yea pink is also good.
her sings : try, just give me a reason are my favourite.
christian perry , don't know if its rock or blues that she does. but her songs are great
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by safarigirl(f): 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
Adaobi12:

Yea pink is also good.
her sings : try, just give me a reason are my favourite.
christian perry , don't know if its rock or blues that she does. but her songs are great
my gav pink song is who knew....don't know of christian perry, but she sounds just like Carrie Underwood. Can't tell if she's country or rock some times smiley
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
safarigirl:
my gav pink song is who knew....don't know of christian perry, but she sounds just like Carrie Underwood. Can't tell if she's country or rock some times smiley
. Am checking out the Sinatra songs now.
I wish to do more of gospel these days. And hilsong gives me this awesome feeling. thanks to elantraceey.

1 Like

Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by safarigirl(f): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
Adaobi12:
I wish to do more of gospel these days. And hilsong gives me this awesome feeling. thanks to elantraceey.
the only gospel musician I'm into for now is Frank Edwards, except someone is mixing up gospel with rock in an amazing way, I'm not likely to be into it anytime soon
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
safarigirl:
the only gospel musician I'm into for now is Frank Edwards, except someone is mixing up gospel with rock in an amazing way, I'm not likely to be into it anytime soon
. Try Hilsong , or better still tye tribbet, I think he does a mixture of rock and gospel.
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by safarigirl(f): 11:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
Adaobi12:
. Try Hilsong , or better still tye tribbet, I think he does a mixture of rock and gospel.
okay....thanks wink
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
safarigirl:
okay....thanks wink
UWC
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by elantraceey(f): 11:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
well it depends on the type of rock music. i listen to only gospel rock and i think i only posess 70% of the characteristics you listed.
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Rapmoney(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2015
elantraceey:
well it depends on the type of rock music. i listen to only gospel rock and i think i only posess 70% of the characteristics you listed.
I see! 70%? Okay, u try small cool
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Rapmoney(m): 12:24am On Mar 19, 2015
Adaobi12:
Hmmmm. I see some gurls here who are cool breeds cheesy
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Rapmoney(m): 12:25am On Mar 19, 2015
safarigirl:
I luv that cheesy
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by mickey45: 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
elantraceey:
Gospel Rock's nice and Hillsong (obviously's your fav. That sort of makes two/3 if u add Adaobi) Although some of Chris Tomlin's songs do get me there me on occasions.
Kim's very nice too and really has this grace of getting you to your depths although I dont know her husband.
This Lady that sang "Desert Song/Song of d Desert", she's really great too. All in all,the whole Hillsong crew rock and I jst pray God keeps them one!
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by elantraceey(f): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
mickey45:

Gospel Rock's nice and Hillsong (obviously's your fav. That sort of makes two/3 if u add Adaobi) Although some of Chris Tomlin's songs do get me there me on occasions.
Kim's very nice too and really has this grace of getting you to your depths although I dont know her husband.
This Lady that sang "Desert Song/Song of d Desert", she's really great too. All in all,the whole Hillsong crew rock and I jst pray God keeps them one!

yea , if you diligently follow Kim walkers songs with time you'll get really close to God.
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by mickey45: 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
elantraceey:

yea , if you diligently follow Kim walkers songs with time you'll get really close to God.
There's This sort Live performance (of Their Album) they do annually. Have You Seen 2015's?
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by mickey45: 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Adaobi12:
I Came across Coldplay late last year and they were ok(no Cursing, Etc.) but I've always liked passenger n blunt.
But u can hardly go wrong with Hillsong, Maybe Cos Of their Spirit-feeding angle(if U Get Me).
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Rapmoney(m): 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
mickey45:

I Came across Coldplay late last year and they were ok(no Cursing, Etc.) but I've always liked passenger n blunt.
But u can hardly go wrong with Hillsong, Maybe Cos Of their Spirit-feeding angle(if U Get Me).
These names would be strange to those peeps who only listen to Nigerian dancehall grin
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by mickey45: 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
Rapmoney:
These names would be strange to those peeps who only listen to Nigerian dancehall grin
I Wouldn't Say There're quite a Number Of People Who Enjoy Them, Although I agree they're obviously not in the majority. Btw Does Anybody Enjoy Heavy-metal? (with The Satanism n all)
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by elantraceey(f): 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
mickey45:

There's This sort Live performance (of Their Album) they do annually. Have You Seen 2015's?

No i haven't
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by mickey45: 1:12am On Mar 24, 2015
elantraceey:

No i haven't

Merci! 4 Replying the E-mail addy.
I haven't seen their 2015's vid. myself but hoping to ask a friend for it soon.
I trust you've heard/watched their live performance of "Saviour King" album complete.
I really love those guys!
Btw. Hope Tests're being fun?
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by elantraceey(f): 1:37am On Mar 24, 2015
mickey45:

Merci! 4 Replying the E-mail addy.
I haven't seen their 2015's vid. myself but hoping to ask a friend for it soon.
I trust you've heard/watched their live performance of "Saviour King" album complete.
I really love those guys!
Btw. Hope Tests're being fun?

Hmmmm i have a long way to go and i know it.
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by mickey45: 2:20am On Mar 24, 2015
elantraceey:

Hmmmm i have a long way to go and i know it.

As they say, its not how far! you have a better grasp of their songs than I can hope to ever do. I dont know their lyrics back to back (my bad, Read ur "REBIRTH"wink. I just kind of got piqued when I saw an Esanmite who loves Hillsong. Their Songs're Evergreen and one'll likely get you stuck."All I need Is You" was what got me.
U mind sharing yours?
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by elantraceey(f): 7:35am On Mar 24, 2015
mickey45:

As they say, its not how far! you have a better grasp of their songs than I can hope to ever do. I dont know their lyrics back to back (my bad, Read ur "REBIRTH"wink. I just kind of got piqued when I saw an Esanmite who loves Hillsong. Their Songs're Evergreen and one'll likely get you stuck."All I need Is You" was what got me.
U mind sharing yours?

Like an avanlanche, most times it brings me to my feet.

1 Like

Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by KINGpharoah: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
Rapmoney:
The songs people listen to or prefer to listen to, can greatly show you their nature (the type of person they are). This covers how they reason, their level of intelligence, class, financial status and so on. Hehehe grin grin:

1) Rock Music: Hmmm...I admire Nigerian babes that love and listen to rock music. They are mostly intelligent, smart, exposed, enlightened and social. The guys? They are mostly intelligent too and cool. Unfortunately, there are few peeps that love rock music in this part of the world we reside. Most of them could possibly come from (not necessarily rich) comfortable homes. They are mostly educated.

2) RnB/Blues: Most people who listen to and love RnB/Blues are very emotional. The guys are mostly emotionally soft and the gurls? They could fantasize a lot about love and romance, especially, when they are in their teens! grin

3) Hiphop/Rap: People who listen to hiphop and rap music are likely to be intelligent. Though, it depends on the type of hiphop or rap song. If it is 'real' hiphop where meaningful stuffs are said, something like 'Hope' by Twista and Faith Evans or 'I Tried' by Bone Thugs and Akon, then such peeps are likely to be intelligent. But if it is songs from dudes like 2Chainz and the likes, there's high possibility that they are dull and only concerned with flexing, drinking, partying, etc. Their interest in academics is mostly low (if they are students)!!!

4) Konto Music: Chai!!! Na here u go see all kind of dance...suo, garala, cutlass, convulsion, slowpoke, electric shock grin This na pure ghetto music. Peeps who love, enjoy and listen to these songs are mostly from the ghetto where they smoke w**d like no man's business grin They have no interest in academic and scholastic stuffs. Before u know wetin dey happen, u go hear 'I want to touch your miniminipopopo' grin (Raymond King, I hail o!)

5) The Regular Naija Dancehall: Most times, I don't even know where to classify such songs into. Why? All they say is rubbish and pure rubbish!!! **Ur bum bum dey make me dey maga...I fit spend my whole money for ur head**i fit die on top ur matter**Ur bum bum bigger than bombay**(what does this trash mean by the way?) Peeps who listen to such songs all the time are mostly empty upstairs! They find it difficult to pick philosophical lines; they love and enjoy mediocrity because the lyrics in such songs are mostly easy to cram, shallow, empty and very ordinary! Girls who love and listen to such songs always are mostly dull; the only 2 things they are good at are opening their legs for every Tomide, Dike and Haruna and to look for men that will spend on them grin Ndi ara!!! Lele lekwe han!

6) Raggae: Shuo! Na wa o! How person go dey listen to raggae music from morning to night for Naija, den u go come tell me say nor be kporist (weed smoker grin) Peeps who love and listen to raggae too much are usually wee wee takers. They are mostly found in slums and ghettos too, or face me-I-face you housegrin After taking like 3 wraps, they step down with their raggae songs that mostly talk about suffering, bad government and freedom...the next thing u go hear from one of dem mouth na: 'O boy, as I just dey go for road now, I come see 2 million pick' grin U dey crase? Dem dey troway 2 million naira for ground just like dat?

Pls, take note that there are exceptions to the list posted above. Abeg, make una nor crucify me o! Na base on observation o! grin

Op u think only listening to inspirational songs especially wen pertaining to rap means one is intelligent, a lot of things in a song awes a thick rap /music lover such as punchlines, word play, the flow, the delivery and even the voice etc
Format dat reasoning
Re: How The Songs You Listen To Reveal Who You Are!!! by Charlentine(m): 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
egbedore:
Jazz and Blue eyes soul wasn't included? Why?
Possible causes of this anomaly:

1. oversight
2. O.P's Myopia.

I vote for 2 grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

h2converter.com - Best website convert Youtube to MP3 & MP4 / P-square Sells A Million Copies In 6 Days! / Tonic Solfa And Chord Progression Of Excess Love By Mercy Chinwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.