Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer (18068 Views)

How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications / 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV / 5 Super Methods To Get Noticed By Any Employer You Wish To Work For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by delors(m): 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
Grammar check!
You should read and re-read your cover letter n resume before submitting. Sometimes, because your brain is already overburdened, you could make sill*y mistakes without u noticing and not because you no sabi book.
Imagine instead of writing "Master of Public Service", you wrote "Master of Pubic Service"... cheesy That's an OYO!
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
ngoziekpo17:
what of an un experienced job seeker?

silvermania:
What about someone like me that has no job experience

SuperSuave:
What happens in the case of a fresh graduate??

While it is considered unethical in some quarters - what i did to gain the experience at least 1 yr was at ask a friend's father to put me up as an unpaid employee at his firm a few short walks from my face-me-i-face-you at Ijesha. the job was not frequent but as an employee i got a fanciful position that allowed me to combine job search with some live experience pushing memos and going to meetings and working on projects as an unpaid secretary (basically) at the end of it all. I got a bonus (12months salary basically) and had a job experience on my CV.. all this while searching for a job. I also learned to walk the walk and talk the talk useful to conquer some interview questions
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by millionboi(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
Story4 d Gods,if God didnt sign it,if u lik mek be 1 of d best,it wudnt com
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by pendusky(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Euckybaby:
Hope you are not bragging

Sorry I don't have answer to that question!
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by centjamie(m): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
pendusky:

Sorry I don't have answer to that question!!!

Some people were not born to struggle! I may be an example!

Even where I did my Industrial Training in VI I was told about 50 came for aptitude test and mine was direct interview and I never applied! was just a call!

where I am working now the same thing, I took the test in front of my OGA at the top grin and the same 'just a call' Pls Bring ur CV

and recently my dad made a call......

let me.stop biko!

You are not bragging
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by FKMagazine(m): 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
@poster, I'll appreciate if u can send a sample to: ultiliberty01@gmail.com
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by kelobestline(m): 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Euckybaby(f): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
pendusky:

Sorry I don't have answer to that question!
ok o.. noted

1 Like

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by lonelydora: 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
drnairalov:
work and dia issues

I have been unemployed and desperately looking for an inservice training since last year.

After applying and being rejected in about 20 placements, I realised that under the hobbies section, It says Masturba;tion,

whoever edited my C.V well played !!!!cry

And couldn't proof-read it your cv?
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by tomsugar(m): 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
Plz let's be sincere here,is it CV that gives the JOB or the connection(like u need to know some folks) here in nigeria abi another nigeria done start way I never know,some one I know just got a job with a medical company, boss its wasn't the CV, I saw the CV my self na rubish na connection let's stop deceiving our selfs
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by ojeyi(m): 12:19am On Mar 06, 2015
Wouldn't mind a sample of a well organised CV tho!
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 06, 2015
OP simply tell me you are trying to know the Jobless people we av in NL lolz undecided
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by slye(m): 12:31am On Mar 06, 2015
ngoziekpo17:
what of an un experienced job seeker?

Inexperienced wink
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by bennyzer(m): 4:26am On Mar 06, 2015
Where is my Cv make I update am joo.

1 Like

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by ukdbabex(f): 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
drnairalov:
work and dia issues

I have been unemployed and desperately looking for an inservice training since last year.

After applying and being rejected in about 20 placements, I realised that under the hobbies section, It says Masturba;tion,

whoever edited my C.V well played !!!!cry
Mustab....what? Laugh wan tier my belle buh seriously it isn't funny! Sorry dear, na wao
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by christoadeoluwa: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
Good talk and nice write up. God bless you abundantly.Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by toygod2: 2:13am On Mar 07, 2015
KK
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by peteonline: 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
hadura29:
Now this is the kinda article I have interest in... Thanks...

I've to update mine....
You are welcome!
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by peteonline: 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
tomsugar:
Plz let's be sincere here,is it CV that gives the JOB or the connection(like u need to know some folks) here in nigeria abi another nigeria done start way I never know,some one I know just got a job with a medical company, boss its wasn't the CV, I saw the CV my self na rubish na connection let's stop deceiving our selfs

I can tell you by experience that many people whose CVs go to our desk through their god fathers ended up not getting the job because of their CVs. The importance of a well written CV cannot be over emphasised

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For Recruitment At Sabmiller Beverage Company (8 Positions) / Access Bank PANEL INTERVIEW Who Else Got It Or Went? / How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.