Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe (2328 Views)

Reno Omokri Congratulates Nnamdi Kanu, Blasts Joe Igbokwe And Buhari / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / President Jonathan And PDP Have Finally Crippled The Electric Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
[img]http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/G1KlWQaASueuHvCKaT6dgQwnzGMTnLFyXT5MUmlGryBKzupMAtoQ2-yq7kjvJetu8ZZDP-LYPdhSbq81IBSrqODoSc7qmIWCXFEkKXuimwR-g3CYNaI1QbihyQhaU0TjAYHrIe1G=w443-h332-nc[/img]

When the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, said at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos on return from an overseas trip in September 2012 that with the exit of Professor Bart Nnaji as Minister of Power the Goodluck Jonathan administration had destroyed Nigeria’s electric power sector, apologists of the regime accused him of crying wolf where none existed. But it has become crystal clear now that Asiwaju Tinubu’s statement was prescient.

The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) has now alerted the whole nation to the fact that over 70% of industrial concerns in the country could collapse anytime from now because of grossly insufficient power supply across the country and the arbitrary increase in electricity tariff which the National Electricity Regulatory Commission(NERC) approved for the 11 distribution companies to charge from last month, based on the thinking that the 2015 general election would hold in February.

While NERC approved only a 24% hike, the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) has been charging hapless commercial concerns in the Southeast geopolitical zone a whopping 94% increase.
Consequently, manufacturing firms like Innosons Motors, which are forced to pay N100m monthly each to the EEDC are on the verge of collapse, with over a million employees thrown into the labour market.
Since manufacturing firms in the Southeast now pay much higher than their counterparts elsewhere in the country, they are under pressure to relocate to other parts of the nation, according to the chairman of the Kotek Group, Chief Chika Emelike, who is based in Nnewi, Anambra State, where he manufactures Tummy Tummy noodles, among other products. At no point in our national history have manufacturers been faced with a gloomy future as much as under Jonathan.

What is clear to all Nigerians is that the outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan government has finally run the power sector aground. The country has been generating less than 4,000 megawatts of electricity, but the current Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, a serving high Anglican priest, has been compelled to tell lies serially to the effect that 4,500MW is generated.
The amount of electricity clamed is still about 1,000MW less than the quantum of power the country was producing when Prof Nnaji left office in August, 2012.

The present generation level of less than 4,000MW is a far cry from the 10,000-15,000MW promised in the Road Map for Power Sector Reform, which Jonathan launched with fanfare in Lagos on August 26, 2010. Thermal power plants are routinely commissioned even where there is no molecule of gas, examples being the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) stations in Geregu, Kogi State, and Omotoso, Ondo State. The leadership of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources which is responsible for gas is not interested in gas issues because it does not bring humungous and immediate private benefits like crude oil swap and subsidy payment.

The nation’s transmission network is in a total mess. It is too weak to wheel even the paltry 3,800MW currently generated during peak period. The board of the government-controlled Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has been the hotbed of intrigues and politics which owes to avarice, resulting in two chairmen and two chief executives in one year.

Practically all operators in the now privatized power sector are in the throes of death because the assumptions upon which they participated in the privatization bid do not obtain. The generation companies have little gas from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to fire their plants to full capacity.

The transmission infrastructure cannot transport the limited quantity of power available to different parts of the country on account of ageing and poorly maintained facilities. Therefore, distribution companies do not have reasonable quantum of power to sell to the public and generate reasonable revenue. Yet, the government has forced these struggling firms to pledge a donation of N5billion to its reelection campaign fund based on a promise announced by the Minister of Petroleum Resources last September 30 to grant the operators a facility of N213billion.

The whole nation is amazed at how Jonathan has given the power sector reform a very bad name. In the name of privatization, for instance, assets of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) have been handed over to cronies of the outgoing regime, rather than the best organizations which bidded for them. The privatization of the Enugu and Kano electricity distribution companies readily comes to mind. The financial and technical capacities of the so-called winners are nothing to write home about. The Jonathan government blatantly flouted its own rules on the privatization of PHCN assets.

Under Jonathan the Nigerian nation is facing its worst electricity crisis ever. Power outages now last for several days across the country; and whenever there is electricity the quality is embarrassingly poor. Yet, the people are being made to pay through their nose every month. The promise of providing prepaid metres to our long suffering and exploited people has remained a mirage, like any other pledge by the outgoing government.

It is the moral responsibility of every Nigerian who wants to save this country from imminent collapse to vote out this ineffective, inefficient and very corrupt regime on March 28. A new order will emerge not just in the electric power sector but also in all facets of our national life. We have no other country than Nigeria. We must salvage it together.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/05/president-jonathan-and-pdp-have-finally-crippled-electric-power-sector-joe-igbokwe

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by TI1919(m): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
GEJ on my mind till 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
TI1919:
GEJ on my mind till 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy

By that 2019 children born around that period will never know that Nigeria had national electricity generation and transmission capability because everybody will rely solely on personal generators 24/7.
Just like our children have forgotten about State Waterboards and that you need a driving test to get a drivers licence. undecided

May God forbid us of GEJ by May 29, 2015.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by veraponpo(m): 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
Choosing GEJ was a misfortune to this country.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by TI1919(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
If what you call Nigeria is just what happen in your area then you are out of point.
We have steady light here and water steady even before GEJ's administration.
LRNZH:

By that 2019 children born around that period will never know that Nigeria had national electricity generation and transmission capability because everybody will rely solely on personal generators 24/7.
Just like our children have forgotten about State Waterboards and that you need a driving test to get a drivers licence. undecided
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
TI1919:
If what you call Nigeria is just what happen in your area then you are out of point.
We have steady light here and water steady even before GEJ's administration.

Mention the exact area please so we can verify your claim.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by dumodust(m): 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
LRNZH:

I dont understand, was their light, water and credible driver's licenses b4 gej? Generators have been in use since eons in nigeria... so i dontbget your analogy...every one of our leaders since inception have failed including those shouting change. And in 21st century, we dont even still discuss these issues during elections.... shame

3 Likes

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
fayose has not paid Eksu both academic and non academic a dime this year hence they've embarked on an indefinite strike ....yet he had money to pay himself for all remaining salaries n gratuity for his impeached term....
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by TI1919(m): 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2015
I live in Gudi, is a village in Akwanga local government of Nasarawa state.
Thanks for asking.
LRNZH:

Mention the exact area please so we can verify your claim.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by ozoigbondu: 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
Crazy joe youkwe.Where is thread bashing him sef angry

Meanwhile i don't hold the fort for others but here in my area there is steady eletricity.

GEJ till 2019
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by Sammiejokes(m): 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
dumodust:

I dont understand, was their light, water and credible driver's licenses b4 gej? Generators have been in use since eons in nigeria... so i dontbget your analogy...every one of our leaders since inception have failed including those shouting change. And in 21st century, we dont even still discuss these issues during elections.... shame
Broz stop reasoning like a child, we are in democracy, where people vote based on performance or promises. OBJ never promised us power in his campaigns but its on record your clueless president deceived us by assuring us what he. Will do and he does not do it he should be tagged a failure. So my ? Is on what basis. Do you want us to use our right to vote. Self acclaimed failure. I repeat stop reasoning like a lost soul, follow trends, I challenge you to read more about democracy and what is stands for. Olodo

6 Likes

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
TI1919:
I live in Gudi, is a village in Akwanga local government of Nasarawa state.
Thanks for asking.

Since you are in a rural area of Nasaraws State, I suggest you talk to people that stay in urban centers starting from Lafia to give you the real situation on ground.

If I get up to 3 hours of light in a day, then it is a good one. However, the electricity bill keeps increasing every month.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by TI1919(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
GEJ everywhere I go...
grin grin grin
LRNZH:

Since you are in a rural area of Nasaraws State, I suggest you talk to people that stay in urban centers starting from Lafia to give you the real situation on ground.
If I get up to 3 hours of light in a day, then it is a good one. However, the electricity bill keeps increasing every month.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
dumodust:

So if these problems started before GEJ we should then absolve the non performing president of all responsiblity going by your post.

Let me educate you. While the power situation has gone worse, refineries remain dead, the Chibok girls are still missing and the Naira is gone haywire, GEJ has taken Nigeria's debt from $21Billion under Yar'adua to $70Billion today. What did he use our money For?

For me, that is enough to query GEJ very hard.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by PassingShot(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
GEJ has an agenda to cripple Nigeria, not only the power sector.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by EdCure: 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
veraponpo:

Choosing GEJ was a misfortune to this country.
True.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by dumodust(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
Sammiejokes:

Broz stop reasoning like a child, we are in democracy, where people vote based on performance or promises. OBJ never promised us power in his campaigns but its on record your clueless president deceived us by assuring us what he. Will do and he does not do it he should be tagged a failure. So my ? Is on what basis. Do you want us to use our right to vote. Self acclaimed failure. I repeat stop reasoning like a lost soul, follow trends, I challenge you to read more about democracy and what is stands for. Olodo
I dont even understand you ... I didnt you, you quote me for expressing my opinion, call me a child and start insulting me... na wa o, I don dey nairaland, teenagers don dey insult me in the name of trends . What the eff is that? Do I sound like your skinny jean 'wizkid' generation? Thank God you named you self sammiejokes because that's what you are... just measure you IQ from your own post above...
What the efff are you talking about in your post? ... are you well?
where did I discuss democracy? Are you sure you're replying the right post? Bro you sound lost... going about talking trash because of politics.
and I reiterate my stand- all politicians have used and are still using the same lines to deceive the masses... and the things happening in the 80s and 90s are still happening now... if you cant read before posting, go kill yourself
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Blame your underperforming state governors.

Here in Akwa-Ibom state , the state government has been generating power since 2007 via the IPPs and I dare say we have near constant electric supply.

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by emmysoftyou: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Crazy joe youkwe.Where is thread bashing him sef angry

Meanwhile i don't hold the fort for others but here in my area there is steady eletricity.

GEJ till 2019
stop lying...biko...

Am pdp supporters too but i cant go to that extent lying on what is obvious...

Power generation or supply in nigeria is a faillure and that s where i blamed jonathan for slow work...

Dnt go that extreme hiding from the obvious fact..
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Here in Akwa-Ibom state , the state government has been generating power since 2007 via the IPPs and I dare say we have near constant electric supply.

In that case, we need to change the revenue allocation formula. FG can't be taking about 52% of National revenue and abdicate its responsibilities to state gov'ts who have to share 48% amongst 36 States and 774 LGAs.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by emmysoftyou: 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

i once stayed in ibeno ,uyo,eket and ikot ekpene know as ik town...

Bro ..in ibeno.light supply is a failure,and in ik town or uyo going to abak secretariat..road
Light supply power is a failure there so tell me where yu saw the constant light...?
Cos am familiar with akwa ibom..

Jonathan failed in the aspect of light but i prays he do better if he returns...

Next
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by ozoigbondu: 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
emmysoftyou:
stop lying...biko...

Am pdp supporters too but i cant go to that extent lying on what is obvious...

Power generation or supply in nigeria is a faillure and that s where i blamed jonathan for slow work...

Dnt go that extreme hiding from the obvious fact..
If your state governor is too lazy to generate eletricity mine is not.He does not sit about waiting for jonathan to do everything

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=91742

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-gets-2-5bn-1500mw-power-plant-under-power-africa-initiative/184799/
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by dumodust(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
LRNZH:

So if these problems started before GEJ we should then absolve the non performing president of all responsiblity going by your post.

Let me educate you. While the power situation has gone worse, refineries remain dead, the Chibok girls are still missing and the Naira is gone haywire, GEJ has taken Nigeria's debt from $21Billion under Yar'adua to $70Billion today. What did he use our money For?

For me, that is enough to query GEJ very hard.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J
nobody's absolving the president, in my view he brought this upon himself by being slow in responding to issues and his media team is wack, his own failure has been recorded and has entered history grin... but it hasn't stopped me from looking at everything without bias
now, I'm just trying to say this old lingo of politicians about providing light etc should be made the focus of discussions... what are the exact plans of the politicians down to the funding and technical aspects? If we dont start insisting and asking, we'll just be duped again for the next 4-8yrs.
so when you hear 'we will provide light', lets focus less on the umbrella opening, broom waving, and chicken flinging grin et al.... lets start challenging them about light, health, housing plans etc. This parties are not arsenal and man utd fan clubs you know?
in the same vein, the refineries have been dead for donkey years...
ask for the chibok girls, I feel sorry for them and their families but we should be realistic... we're in the middle of a war that thousands have died since the chibok girls debacle including soldiers and innocent civilians. Current issues have superceded their rescue, or do we want our soldiers to go hunting for them in that dark boko territory instead of reclaiming territories while more nigerians die. What of those trapped in those areas? Are they not worth rescuing too?
I dont have political affiliations, I prefer to stand aside from the herd and think for myself, we do not need mass hysteric decisions in this 21st century.
my two cents...
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
emmysoftyou:

Bro ..in ibeno.light supply is a failure,and in ik town or uyo going to abak secretariat..road
Light supply power is a failure there so tell me where yu saw the constant light...?

Jonathan failed in the aspect of light but i prays he do better if he returns...

Next

I appreciate your objectivity but GEJ cannot be returned.

Under OBJ, Nigeria sold about 1Million barrels of oil per day at an average of $60/barrels. OBJ paid back Nigeri's debts, left a debt of $17Billion and saved almost $60Billion in our reserves.

GEJ inherited a similar situation from Yar'adua. But under GEJ, who sold over 2Million barrels of oil per day at an average of $85 per barrel for 5 years, Nigeria's debt has balooned to ~$70Billion with reserves struggling to make $30Billion.

If a hired manager does this to you company will you retain him after a performance review?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by Collynzo9: 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
I don't get it, are they complaining about lack of electricity or the cost of it?
Surely, if all those industries were running on generators as APC would have us believe, they wouldn't be bothered about electricity cost, would they?
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
dumodust:

nobody's absolving the president, in my view he brought this upon himself by being slow in responding to issues and his media team is wack, his own failure has been recorded and has entered history grin... but it hasn't stopped me from looking at everything without bias
now, I'm just trying to say this old lingo of politicians about providing light etc should be made the focus of discussions... what are the exact plans of the politicians down to the funding and technical aspects? If we dont start insisting and asking, we'll just be duped again for the next 4-8yrs.
so when you hear 'we will provide light', lets focus less on the umbrella opening, broom waving, and chicken flinging grin et al.... lets start challenging them about light, health, housing plans etc. This parties are not arsenal and man utd fan clubs you know?
in the same vein, the refineries have been dead for donkey years...
ask for the chibok girls, I feel sorry for them and their families but we should be realistic... we're in the middle of a war that thousands have died since the chibok girls debacle including soldiers and innocent civilians. Current issues have superceded their rescue, or do we want our soldiers to go hunting for them in that dark boko territory instead of reclaiming territories while more nigerians die. What of those trapped in those areas? Are they not worth rescuing too?
I dont have political affiliations, I prefer to stand aside from the herd and think for myself, we do not need mass hysteric decisions in this 21st century.
my two cents...

Let me summarise for you. GEJ has underperformed. In a country of 180Million why should we stick with the same guy who has done nothing significant to our lives.

We need to set a precedence with this election so that politicians will know that performance matters. If GMB and APC wins and don't performance as well, we kick the out in 2019. Infact kicking GEJ out in 2015 will make an APC govt stand on its toes so that the same fate doesn't befall them in 2019.

That is the only way Nigeria's democracy can grow to the level we aspire to be.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
Collynzo9:
I don't get it, are they complaining about lack of electricity or the cost of it?
Surely, if all those industries were running on generators as APC would have us believe, they wouldn't be bothered about electricity cost, would they?

What are you saying?
Yes companies run generators almost 12 to 18 hours per day which is very expensive. PHCN rations light more to industries and companies in the day time and residences at night. The manufacturers hope that GEJ's power in 1 year promise of 2010 will come to pass
Instead, they are being asked to pay more for little to no power. Their bottomline is gettig worse with this development.
I hope you learnt something today.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by emmysoftyou: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
ozoigbondu:
If your state governor is too lazy to generate eletricity mine is not.He does not sit about waiting for jonathan to do everything

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=91742

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-gets-2-5bn-1500mw-power-plant-under-power-africa-initiative/184799/

lol wich state governor re u talkin about..
I base in lagos,travel to akwa ibom and am about to leave for ph soon if am asked to go soon..

In lagos it s a failure,in akwa ibom ,it s failure,and even in onitsha or anambra ur state.it s..

my friends re complaining bitterly..
so where is ther constant light in anambra state let me call my frends now for confirmation....

Bro jona failed nigeria in power aspect...yu know..
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by Collynzo9: 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
LRNZH:

What are you saying?
Yes companies run generators almost 12 to 18 hours per day which is very expensive. PHCN rations light more to industries and companies in the day time and residences at night. The manufacturers hope that GEJ's power in 1 year promise of 2010 will come to pass
Instead, they are being asked to pay more for little to no power. Their bottomline is gettig worse with this development.
I hope you learnt something today.
Sorry, I didn't learn anything, you are just contradicting yourself.
First, there is nothing like PHCN.
Secondly, most Nigerian companies are in residential areas, there are only few industrial areas in the country, so I don't see how it is possible for the distributors to ration electricity among companies and homes.
Thirdly, even if electricity is rationed as you claimed, how come the industries still run on generators for as much as 18 hours according to your claim and why would a company that runs on generators for 18 hours be complaining about the cost public electricity as if its productivity depends on public electricity.
You guys need to make up your mind, it is either there is electricity or there isn't. You can't tell us something isn't available and be coomplaining about the cost at the same time
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by dumodust(m): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Let me summarise for you. GEJ has underperformed. In a country of 180Million why should we stick with the same guy who has done nothing significant to our lives.

We need to set a precedence with this election so that politicians will know that performance matters. If GMB and APC wins and don't performance as well, we kick the out in 2019. Infact kicking GEJ out in 2015 will make an APC govt stand on its toes so that the same fate doesn't befall them in 2019.

That is the only way Nigeria's democracy can grow to the level we aspire to be.
I agree with you about trying others but it should not be change fir anything available, it should be based on facts and don't be so sure that the kicking out will be sure later in 2019... that we're talking confidently in the midst of sheep doesn't mean the hidden wolves amongst them will allow the same when they have eaten more than half the herd and are in charge
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
emmysoftyou:

Next

Really? I am from Ikot Abasi L.G.A and I can categorically tell you we have near-constant electric power supply. The IPPs are located at Ibekwe, IKOT Abasi L.G.A and Eket L.G.A. The light situation has improved in Akwa-Ibom. I'm from Ikot Abasi L.G.A (an industrial town) and I visit monthly.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by Sanchez01: 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Did anyone notice this part of the article grin grin grin
What is clear to all Nigerians is that the outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan government has finally run the power sector aground. The country has been generating less than 4,000 megawatts of electricity, but the current Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, a serving high Anglican priest, has been compelled to tell lies serially to the effect that 4,500MW is generated.
The amount of electricity clamed is still about 1,000MW less than the quantum of power the country was producing when Prof Nnaji left office in August, 2012.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos And Life Expectancy (must Read) / PMB Start Fighting Corruption With Northerners... / White Couple Mock Nigerians With Halloween Costume!!! [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.