Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP (20362 Views)

We Have Lost Confidence In Jega...........pdp Spokesperson / Explain Your Links With Jega- PDP Challenges APC. / PDP Makes U-turn, Passes Confidence Vote On Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by etenyong(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State was not speaking for the party on the call for the sacking of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega.

Fayose had called for the sacking of Jega, adding that if President Goodluck Jonathan goes ahead to remove him, heaven will not fall.

But the party said the governor was merely expressing his personal opinion and that his statement should not be construed to mean the position of the party on the issue.

Deputy National Chairman of the Party, Prince Uche Secondus, stated this in an interview with journalists in Abuja on Thursday.

He said, “We are not fighting Jega. The opinion expressed by the governor of Ekiti State on the INEC chairman remains his own. He’s not speaking for the party.”

He further denied that the PDP was pressured or is pressuring the President to sack Jega, saying, “never, nothing like that is even cooking. There is no plan to remove Jega,” adding that the party has “absolute confidence in INEC and its leadership.”

Secondus also boasted that the PDP will win ‎the 2015 election comfortably, adding that the party will not bribe voters to return President Jonathan into office.

“We won’t bribe voters to return the President into office. As a matter of fact, we have never bribed voters before, during or after elections,” he added.

Secondus, who said the PDP is ready for the 2015 elections, said it has decentralised their campaigns from wards to the polling units, stressing therefore that claims that it was afraid of the use of Permanent Voter Cars and card readers were not true.

While responding to allegations that PDP is jittery over the use of card readers, Secondus said “Not at all. You know this is the first time that the party is going to try this technology.

“I think that this misinformation by APC must be corrected. The PDP is not against card readers. The PDP believes that INEC should test it and it should be in perfect condition, so that we don’t run into problems.

“So that on that day, we don’t have problems of it working in some areas and in other areas it won’t work.

“Since it is the first time we will adopt this technology, it should be in perfect condition so that people will not have cause to complain. This is the position of the party and I want to make it clear to Nigerians that the PDP is not against the card reader but we urge INEC to test run them so that they will be in perfect condition on election days.”

www.punchng.com/news/fayose-didnt-speak-for-us-on-jega-pdp/

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by HURUCHI(m): 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by ramdris(m): 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
All of una go still deny una sef so tayyyy endless fight go start. Mental people.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by apoti(m): 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fayose is on his own. Infact there's no place for him to hide after March 28.

He has not finished paying the civil servants in his state and he is wasting millions of Ekiti people's money on newspaper adverts everyday against Buhari. Sometimes I wonder why God has decided to punish my state with a thug and criminal like Fayose.

I can't wait for March 28

#Ihavedecided

#March4Buhari

#MarchGEJ2Otueke

201 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by TI1919(m): 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
We know he didn't speak for the PDP, we love him, appreciate him and want him to continue what he's doing.
GEJ on my mind till 2019.
Did I speak for PDP?
I don't think so
But the PDP love hearing that right?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
It's called logic.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by alaoeri: 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
The problem with Fayose is that he knew the way & manner he came into power & also afraid of the unknown when the people's General comes on board.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
fayose you see your life.. Even your party is denying you grin

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by seunmsg(m): 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
PDP should stop lying about what is very obvious. I have it on good source that GEJ is personally funding all the front page anti-Buhari adverts by Fayose.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by rusher14: 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
A leopard cannot change its spots.

PDP cannot at the 11th hour pretend to be a party of transparency and maturity.

Simply because they feel the pulse of the nation they go ahead and postpone elections, begin solving the very problems that have always plagued the nation.

They've further gone one step ahead to distance themselves (albeit insidiously) from Obanikoro and now Fayose.

You do not become an angel over night.

Get in line wait your turn after this election which should usher in a new president in Buhari.

If he messes up and you've cleaned up your act perhaps we may reconsider. But for now, not a chance.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fayose also didn't sponsor all the inciteful and malicious publications against Buhari on behalf of PDP right? undecided

Tell your stories to the walls.

37 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
fayose has not paid Eksu both academic and non academic a dime this year hence they've embarked on an indefinite strike ....yet he had money to pay himself for all remaining salaries n gratuity for his impeached term....

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by GeneralBosco: 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
@Severusshape
I told this empty head that Fayose is Jonathan's nightmare and the mumu was typing nonsense. I hope you're now understanding me?? You'll be surprised to know how many supporters Jonathan lost because of Fayose's death wish advert the other time.

The id1ot should keep on doing what he does...he'll see the result of his GEJ Campaigns foolishness at the polls very soon.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
I wanted to believe this guy but when I read the part where he said PDP has never and will never bribe people to vote for them I just gave up my trust in whatever nonsense he was trying to pass along to gullible Nigerians.

All organisations have people who do the dirty work for them. Fayose happens to be the man who does the dirty job for PDP. I can bet all my savings on that.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by ishiamu(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
Apc is boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Babyboy1986(m): 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by ekwerendi55(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
fayoae b my thugs let him continue to rant

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Burger01(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fayose, see your life! Rabid dogundecided

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Monzuur(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by chemicool: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Awon oloriburuku gbobgo! !

13 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
Uncouth man,who lacks every decorum of speech,and manners.

He believe life ends with politics,he didn't know life goes beyond politics,

How ekiti people elected this common tout to govern them,despite their acclaimed level of education remains a mystery to me..

He needs a date with the psychiatric,or a leash in his mouth..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by ifeelgood: 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fayoshege the pigeon-size chicken distributor.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by LordMecuzy(m): 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
PDP una dey fall my hand period... you guys are d ones campaigning for APC indirectly

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Who is deceiving whom. The party come openly to condemn him, but secretly encourages him and even sponsors him to attack Buhari. Can the President beat his chest and say he has called Fayose to order? He is not different from E. K. Clark, Femi Okurounmu and Emeka Ezeife that equally called for the sack of Jega.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by onome2013: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pdp should treat him of itching mouth or assist him to proceed to isselu

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by kemnareal: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
etenyong:
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State was not speaking for the party on the call for the sacking of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega.

Fayose had called for the sacking of Jega, adding that if President Goodluck Jonathan goes ahead to remove him, heaven will not fall.

But the party said the governor was merely expressing his personal opinion and that his statement should not be construed to mean the position of the party on the issue.

Deputy National Chairman of the Party, Prince Uche Secondus, stated this in an interview with journalists in Abuja on Thursday.

He said, “We are not fighting Jega. The opinion expressed by the governor of Ekiti State on the INEC chairman remains his own. He’s not speaking for the party.”

He further denied that the PDP was pressured or is pressuring the President to sack Jega, saying, “never, nothing like that is even cooking. There is no plan to remove Jega,” adding that the party has “absolute confidence in INEC and its leadership.”

Secondus also boasted that the PDP will win ‎the 2015 election comfortably, adding that the party will not bribe voters to return President Jonathan into office.

“We won’t bribe voters to return the President into office. As a matter of fact, we have never bribed voters before, during or after elections,” he added.My gov.pls ji wayo o,all eyes are on u biko.

Secondus, who said the PDP is ready for the 2015 elections, said it has decentralised their campaigns from wards to the polling units, stressing therefore that claims that it was afraid of the use of Permanent Voter Cars and card readers were not true.

While responding to allegations that PDP is jittery over the use of card readers, Secondus said “Not at all. You know this is the first time that the party is going to try this technology.

“I think that this misinformation by APC must be corrected. The PDP is not against card readers. The PDP believes that INEC should test it and it should be in perfect condition, so that we don’t run into problems.

“So that on that day, we don’t have problems of it working in some areas and in other areas it won’t work.

“Since it is the first time we will adopt this technology, it should be in perfect condition so that people will not have cause to complain. This is the position of the party and I want to make it clear to Nigerians that the PDP is not against the card reader but we urge INEC to test run them so that they will be in perfect condition on election days.”

www.punchng.com/news/fayose-didnt-speak-for-us-on-jega-pdp/
Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
They have always been disowning fayose, what does that tell you fellow nigerians? that fool is destroying gej's chances and it shows. But well, we are liking it, please fayorshit destroy gej the more, please bring out more of those adverts and keep on wasting ekiti state treasury on needless and stupid propaganda. what a fool of a governor!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by 1stola: 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fayose is nothing but a lousy silly tout.
His days are numbered.
An idıot that won election by rigging will never have peace of mind.
Where he likes it or not, all the criminality he's trying to cover by trying to shift our attentions to GEJ and GMB will still leak out.
BTW, this doesn't change my thought about the PDPïgs.

16 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by hallysonia(m): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
This Fayose self. Wetin be ur problem

SAI GMB/PYO till southampton win premiership

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by jammyunn(m): 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
He's not speaking for PDP but they like what he says or does.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP by kemnareal: 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
diluminati:
They have always been disowning fayose, what does that tell you fellow nigerians? that fool is destroying gej's chances and it shows. But well, we are liking it, please fayorshit destroy gej the more, please bring out more of those adverts and keep on wasting ekiti state treasury on needless and stupid propaganda. what a fool of a governor!
Gov. E so pele o,all eyes are on u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Personal Particulars Of Candidates Released By INEC / N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security / Theft in Bayelsa Government House: Policemen, NSCDC personnel arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.