Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja (38474 Views)

Buhari Leaves For New York For 71st UN General Assembly (pics) / Buhari Leaves Nigeria For New Delhi, India (pics) / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by redcliff: 8:48am On Mar 06, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Sorry, but what has ''Nigeria Airways'' got to do with your presidential candidate flying British Airways when he can fly a Nigerian airline, ARIK AIR back to Abuja? If the bloody presidential candidate is setting an example of ''foreign is best'', what hope is there for the people he's hoping to lead? I bet he also travelled out by British Airways. It's actually pathetic. But I'm not surprised his supporters cannot see the irony of his actions. Afterall do they themselves care for Nigeria? I pity the likes of INNOSON Motors if Buhari comes to power. They'll likely have to forget about FG support.

I pity your own thinking. Arik is not an indigenous Nigeria carrier. Tell your FG to bring back our Nigeria Airways!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by k4kings(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2015
GP2015:
He's coming! shocked He's coming back! PDP, run he's coming!
I'm sure all those who spoke behind his back would be calm now that THE GENERAL IS BACK!.grin
Confirmed... We shuld run, d dictactor is back abi

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by redcliff: 8:50am On Mar 06, 2015
kpekusPikin:

Mr over Sabi na so London far reach by air? So if e leave London for morning na midnight e go still reach abi the journey must start for night ni? Oya tell us flight from London to Lagos / Abuja dey take off only at night

Its obvious you just felt like talking.. nothing meaningful came out ..

Then again, its obvious ypu have not seen an airport before not to talk of getting into sn airplane... is this morning or night?

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by pekeyim: 9:19am On Mar 06, 2015
nagoma:

It is not how long you last but how well you do it. GEJ's performance is abysmal, a disgrace and a pain to all Nigerians.

Since you choose that language , you would perhaps know what 5 years of dyspareunia means to Nigeria.

Reforms are definitely hard and painful,
Sit tight it would be bumpy for a while, like a "V" but with some more time, You'll definitely enjoy it.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by predentstats: 9:20am On Mar 06, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Why not Arik? He should be flying on a NIGERIAN airline at first choice. As a presidential candidate, no less is expected of him.

You are on point. I don't know the words to use in appreciating ur opinion. At least for him yo prove he will encourage Nigerian business, he ought to live by example.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by nortcentrallord(m): 9:21am On Mar 06, 2015
kraftykc:

I wonder what Jesus said he would come back as? A thief maybe? That would make Buhari the Jesus of this election by your assessment

Jesus will come back like a thief, in the middle of the night when no one expects but the devil comet only to steal, kill and destroy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by predentstats: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
redcliff:

I pity your own thinking. Arik is not an indigenous Nigeria carrier. Tell your FG to bring back our Nigeria Airways!

Did u listen yo urself. What did u just say Arik Airline belong? Does government have business in doing business? FG only have to encourage local content.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Etruth: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2015
poundlander:

...JESUS in the Bible. just a simile o. no castigation

Revelation 16:15 "Behold, I come like a thief!

It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. (Luke 12:37-38)
ONE TRAILER OF ORIJIN COMMUNION WINE FOR YOU.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Laid2001: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2015
No need for his blood afterall there is a baboon currently in Aso Villa
agileson:
so it took him two weeks to go make a speech in london. i smell cow manure. the bororo kind from katsina. buhari will not see march 28. its his blood that will be on dog and baboon.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by redcliff: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2015
predentstats:

Did u listen yo urself. What did u just say Arik Airline belong? Does government have business in doing business? FG only have to encourage local content.

Arik is local now right? Tell me the real owners of Arik air..

Arik air is a private owned company contracted to be a national carrier which i find very appauling. Mind you, the arik you so boast of is also sierraleone's national carrier.. the bolded above is quite outdated. So please dont use it again. The govt has a responsibilty of providing amenities that bring pride to itself and its citizens. If the govt doesnt have a buisiness with business, then they should stop collecting taxes!
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by coldFLARES1(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Stop using this 'national carrier' line as your excuse. Most countries do NOT have a ''national carrier'' but rather, operate privately run airlines, which are still considered by their nationals as their respective nations' airlines, and loved/patronised as such. An airline does not need to have 'govt' stamped all over it before you consider it your nation's airline. Virgin is not a 'national carrier' of Britain. But if David Cameron were to fly to Nigeria he wouldn't use Arik where he could use Virgin, and if he used Arik, he'd be crucified by the British press and public for promoting foreign businesses over British firms.
Why are you blabbing like you got a contract to kill Buhari through Arik?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by psalmsjob: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Why not Arik? He should be flying on a NIGERIAN airline at first choice. As a presidential candidate, no less is expected of him.

So Arik is now the National Carrier abi?

Why don't you tell #GEJ the Clueless-One to turn about 2 to 4 of the more than 9 aircrafts in the presidential fleet as national carrier.

#ChangeIsHere #SaiBuhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2015
kelkicwinner:

Umaru dikko was soooooooooooo corrupt. He stole a lot of money, thinking he is wise.
wait ooo according to most GEJite ''stealing his not corruption''. no wonder... shocked cheesy
The penalty for Corruption is being drugged, kidnapped ? Receive some sense, In Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by teufelein(f): 10:56am On Mar 06, 2015
[size=13pt]Yorrobbers-Awusas and Foolanis[/size] Genocide General, Ab.oki Buhari is back..back to rule over dark foolish monkeys from oduduwa and arewa kingdoms...we thank all.ah of islam. did i forget anything?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Jesusloveyou: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
predentstats:

i guest u don't know what is local content.just dey use words anyhow.beside u want buhari to wait for unavailable flight,clap for urself.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by CoolAmbience(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
what is this one saying.

Lol. I was going to comment on it. Never read anything so long and yet so empty. People sha!
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by CoolAmbience(m): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
redcliff:

Don't mind people who have configured themselves such that they do not see anything good in Gen. Buhari. They should name one Nigerian leader of Buhari' s status that travels overseas on commercial airplane, and not a chartered or private jet? They should name any serious country in the world today that does not operate a functional and viable national carrier? From Ethiopia to South Africa, Malaysia to Kenya. Name them..People tend to have an enhanced feeling of safety, especially on overseas trips, when they use national carrier airlines. I have done very long trips across continents and I am speaking from experience.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Jfrezzy(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
lastpage:

Make we hear word joor!

I am not a rich Nigerian but l travel BA to the UK at least once every six weeks, so kini big deal?

When Pastor Ayo risejafor has a private Jet ...
When Pastor Ole-Depo has more than two private jets
When pastor Adeboye has a Private jet
When "Badluck" Jonathan has over ten private jets at his disposal....
When ordinary Minister for Petroleum, Deziani Allison Madueke has her own Private jet........

What is so special that GMB entered a public plane...like me or anybody?
I am sure if he has looted our treasury while he was head of state or PTF chairman, he wont be riding with the niggas on BA

Sai Buhari jare, lets get rid of these rascals and their "Creek-Mosquito" pay-master

Lastpage!

I believe u broada .may u days be long as u wish.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 07, 2015
eaglechild:

At number 2, Arik has never been involved in a fatal mishap so where does the horrid safety record come from?

My major worry is that GMB remained incommunicado even days after the Chatam house charade.

That brings back not so fond memories from the past.

I'm not accountable to you and owe you zilch explanation. You're free to come to your opinion and I've reached mine after considering available data.

I won't fly my Dog on Arik.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by eaglechild: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
CityNG:

I'm not accountable to you and owe you zilch explanation. You're free to come to your opinion and I've reached mine after considering available data.

I won't fly my Dog on Arik.
Which data?

No airline with such "horrid" safety record as you have claimed will be allowed to fly in the US, and UK airspaces.

Unless your baseless claims are better than that of their aviation experts.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
eaglechild:

Which data?

No airline with such "horrid" safety record as you have claimed will be allowed to fly in the US, and UK airspaces.

Unless your baseless claims are better than that of their aviation experts.

Also not my job to educate you.

Form your own opinion and allow me to express and enjoy mine.

Arik, as well as other subpar airlines of its type are only allowed to fly a direct approach to a border airport and are NEVER allowed to fly across the continental US, thank God. My tax dollars at work.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
coldFLARES1:
Why are you blabbing like you got a contract to kill Buhari through Arik?

You're an intelligent being.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by eaglechild: 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
CityNG:

Arik, as well as other subpar airlines of its type are only allowed to fly a direct approach to a border airport and are NEVER allowed to fly across the continental US, thank God. My tax dollars at work.
My goodness!
Now it is very obvious you know absolutely nothing about aviation.

What business has Arik with "continental" US.
It is a foreign airline that has a slot for a specific international airport in the US.

If foreign airlines are allowed to ply without control, how will the local aviation industry thrive?
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by eaglechild: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
CityNG:

DP.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
eaglechild:

DP.

D.B.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
eaglechild:

My goodness!
Now it is very obvious you know absolutely nothing about aviation.

What business has Arik with "continental" US.
It is a foreign airline that has a slot for a specific international airport in the US.

If foreign airlines are allowed to ply without control, how will the local aviation industry thrive?

You're a clueless dunce.

Alitalia, Virgin, Iberia do offer flights that cross the continental air space of the U.S.

They are not limited to just New York and also fly into Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Seattle, etc

I'm an aviation buff so you're swimming out of your depths and frankly floundering.

If you were in the water folks would be throwing you life jackets about now.

PS: I never once said that ALL international flights are allowed to fly domestically. Your ineptness leads you to read what you want.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by eaglechild: 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
CityNG:

You're a clueless dunce.

Alitalia, Virgin, Iberia do offer flights that cross the continental air space of the U.S.

They are not limited to just New York and also fly into Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Seattle, etc

I'm an aviation buff so you're swimming out of your depths and frankly floundering.

If you were in the water folks would be throwing you life jackets about now.
These are international airports which those airlines have slots to fly into.

Arik has its greatest passenger base in Newyork, it does not have to fly to Las Vegas or Seattle.

Or is New York one of the largest cities in the US no longer US airspace?
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
eaglechild:

These are international airports which those airlines have slots to fly into.

Arik has its greatest passenger base in Newyork, it does not have to fly to Las Vegas or Seattle.

Or is New York one of the largest cities in the US no longer US airspace?

1) Slots are never given to subpar airlines like Arik to fly over populated domestic airspace.

Go pull up the landing charts of the main JFK runway and use that to answer your kindergartner question. It's not my job to educate you.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
redcliff:

Thank you.

I weep for a certain sector of the populace that are not educated enough to see what we lack.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by eaglechild: 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
CityNG:

1) Slots are never given to subpar airlines like Arik to fly over populated domestic airspace.

Go pull up the landing charts of the main JFK runway and use that to answer your kindergartner question. It's not my job to educate you.
Are you saying New york is not US airspace?

Why would Arik want to land in Las Vegas when it is of no economic benefit to them?

Please pull up a map of the world and check where Nigeria is then check where US is?

Your analogy is flawed and ignorant.

Ethiopian flies to Enugu, Lagos, Abuja and Kano.

BA only flies to Lagos and Abuja does that make BA subpar or does that make Ethiopian better than BA?

Please do some more research on international travel and stop displaying your ignorance.
Re: Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2015
eaglechild:

Are you saying New york is not US airspace?

Why would Arik want to land in Las Vegas when it is of no economic benefit to them?

Please pull up a map of the world and check where Nigeria is then check where US is?

Your analogy is flawed and ignorant.

Ethiopian flies to Enugu, Lagos, Abuja and Kano.

BA only flies to Lagos and Abuja does that make BA subpar or does that make Ethiopian better than BA?

Please do some more research on international travel and stop displaying your ignorance.

You only think that my thought process is flawed because you lack the critical thinking to follow along.

I'm sorry but I don't teach kindergarten level so I'm not sure how else I can dumb this down for you.

Arik is not certified for US airspace, it's s subpar airline with horrendous customer service and I salute Grneral Buhari for voting with his money.

You go and fly Arik to your satisfaction.

As for me and my family we can afford better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Ademola Adeleke Borehole Drilling To Mark 100 Days In Office Begins / Army Secretary Who Couldn't Find Buhari's Certificate Retired - Sahara Reporters / Nigerian Military Delegates Inspect Assorted Weapons & Rifles In Pakistan. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.