Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Question For UAE Residents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Question For UAE Residents (1782 Views)

Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Uae Entry Restriction(s) For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For UAE Residents by Heart2heart(m): 12:40am On Mar 06, 2015
please I need your clarification. I have a job offer in Dubai, I am through with the interview and all recruitment processes. We are on immigration preps. I just want to ask. Can this salary offered which is 20,000, diram/month be enough for me to manage a family of four? I don't know the cost of living there. But the salary is $5500/month. I know this is about 1.1milion naira/month in Nigeria. But how good is this money in Dubai considering the cost of living there? I need your candid opinion on this.
Re: Question For UAE Residents by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 06, 2015
Cc : justwise

Any info undecided

1 Like

Re: Question For UAE Residents by chiefsaif: 9:09am On Mar 06, 2015
That amount is more than enough for you and your family

1 Like

Re: Question For UAE Residents by worry359(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2015
chiefsaif:
If the contract is the same when you sign it in Dubai!
We do see dollars changing to dirhams! cutting the salary.
Be sure! many con men out there.
Re: Question For UAE Residents by Saved2Serve: 10:36am On Mar 06, 2015
Thank you chief.. That is all i want to know. As per scam!! I am not hungry in Nigeria. It is not a scam.
chiefsaif:
Re: Question For UAE Residents by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 24, 2015
It so much depends on what you are presently doing in Nigeria and what the package is about..
$5,500 looks like a whole lot, but there are a lot to put into consideration...
Dubai is a lovely city to live, liberal and peaceful,
Are they paying for accommodation?
Are they taking care of the children's fees?
How comfortable are you in Nigeria?
Re: Question For UAE Residents by worry359(m): 10:08am On Mar 24, 2015
favoured234:

I have a fair knowledge of Dubai maybe you can send me a PM I might be able to give a little info.
If you truly have information, then post it here for all to learn and benefit.
Not in secret PM messages.
Re: Question For UAE Residents by haduwa(f): 10:55am On Mar 24, 2015
@ OP,

It depends on alot of factors. Is it an all inclusive package? If "yes".

Rent is Dubai for a family of (4) is a minimum of 6,000 to 7,000. *Thats a 2 bedroom in international city, that's the cheapest area in Dubai*.

Utilities will be a minimum of 1,200 - 1,500, this includes Water, Electricity, Gas & Internet.

Are your children of School age if "yes" then budget an additional 2,000dhs/month per child, for 9 months in the academic school year.

Feeding, this depends on your preference 1,000dhs to 1,500dhs for both western & African foods.

Transportation, there are various types from Buses, Metros, Cabs, etc. Now for a newbie driving the first (2 months) might be almost impossible since you will need to obtain a license. So I really don't know how much to budget.

If I recall any other thing I will add it.
Re: Question For UAE Residents by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2015
worry359:

Correct@worry359.. wink
Re: Question For UAE Residents by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
worry359:

Its nothing very personal..
This is it...
I might want to know how much he is earning presently,
How much he is making outside his earnings
His profession and working conditions..
The ages of his children and how well....
What the contract he is signing says....
With these and more I can give him a fair idea of what the pros and cons of travelling with such offer might entail

I have nothing to benefit from his PM but for some reasons its not going to be fair asking anyone such information in public

UAE is not a country that one size fits all Do you understand now? cc shinejackie
Re: Question For UAE Residents by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
haduwa:
@ OP,

Rent is Dubai for a family of (4) is a minimum of 6,000 to 7,000. *Thats a 2 bedroom in international city, that's the cheapest area in Dubai*.

Utilities will be a minimum of 1,200 - 1,500, this includes Water, Electricity, Gas & Internet.

Are your children of School age if "yes" then budget an additional 2,000dhs/month per child, for 9 months in the academic school year.

Feeding, this depends on your preference 1,000dhs to 1,500dhs for both western & African foods.

Transportation, there are various types from Buses, Metros, Cabs, etc. Now for a newbie driving the first (2 months) might be almost impossible since you will need to obtain a license. So I really don't know how much to budget.

Your analysis looks very realistic but I doubt if he will get a school for KG that cheap
If its British/American curriculum its between the range of 3000-5000 per month..
Re: Question For UAE Residents by worry359(m): 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
favoured234
That is usefull planning information for people with their eyes wide open.
Unfortunatly too many do not shine their eyes and expect to fall straight into well paying job and cheap accomodation.
Re: Question For UAE Residents by frostmate: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Heart2heart:
please I need your clarification. I have a job offer in Dubai, I am through with the interview and all recruitment processes. We are on immigration preps. I just want to ask. Can this salary offered which is 20,000, diram/month be enough for me to manage a family of four? I don't know the cost of living there. But the salary is $5500/month. I know this is about 1.1milion naira/month in Nigeria. But how good is this money in Dubai considering the cost of living there? I need your candid opinion on this.

It depends if this is the base salary. You'll be fine if accommodation is being paid for, children's school fees is covered by the employer, there is car allowance.

Rent is quite high, you talking about 6k dirhams upwards monthly for just a 2 bedroom. A good international school will be like 3k aed upwards monthly for the very good schools or you just settle for the Indian schools which cost less.
Re: Question For UAE Residents by FiverrTutor(m): 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
haduwa:
@ OP,

Very insightful. Thank you very much for this

(1) (Reply)

The Earth Will Experience 15 Darkness This November? ?? / 10 Things I Learnt Abt My PPA LGA - Ibeno LGA, Akwa-ibom During My Service Year / Photos From A Fatal Accident In Umuahia, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.