Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:46 PM

Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? (9507 Views)

Fishery Or Poultry; Which Is More Lucrative? / Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. / My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by mydeendadon: 10:26am On Mar 06, 2015
pls experts in these field should put me through, I have 300k as capital om ground[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by nzeobi(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2015
Go for poultry, its less complicated and easy to manage and market
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by Apitch(m): 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
nzeobi:
Go for poultry, its less complicated and easy to manage and market
Less complicated u say?
Have u done both?
Abeg give space for people that has experience on both.
Op. 300k with space(land) or without space

1 Like

Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by nzeobi(m): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Apitch:

Less complicated u say?
Have u done both?
Abeg give space for people has experience on both.
State ur views without being funny or unreasonable. Don't you know that any fish farm needs a borehole or do you think getting the fingerlin that will give desired result is easy to get
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by davidzfarm18(m): 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
with ur start- up capital. I think you will go for poultry.very risky but equally very rewarding.
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by Apitch(m): 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
nzeobi:

State ur views without being funny or unreasonable. Don't you know that any fish farm needs a borehole or do you think getting the fingerlin that will give desired result is easy to get
I'm into fish farming but have not done poultry so I'm in no position to compare the both but when u talk about complications, poultry has more and like the last person said, it's very risky

3 Likes

Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by kevin96(m): 6:45am On Mar 07, 2015
Fish farming is expensive and is less risky.
But with 300k u can venture into poultry (broilers business) but it is very risky. But more profitable
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by kunleee(m): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
Apitch:

I'm into fish farming but have not done poultry so I'm in no position to compare the both but when u talk about complications, poultry has more and like the last person said, it's very risky
I plan going into fish farming too with #200,000+ half a plot. Am i good to go. Will like to get in contact.
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by Apitch(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by neyur: 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Apitch:

Less complicated u say?
Have u done both?
Abeg give space for people that has experience on both.

LMAO
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by neyur: 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
The both are lucrative. But the problem is the risk management..poultry has more risk than fisheries, poultry is more marketable than fishery(cat fish) based on the general consumption because poultry as well produces eggs which helps to generate money to supply other needs. While fishey on the other hand, have a slow capital income, that is you will have to waite for couple of months before the fingerlines migrate to maturity.
With you 300k, I suggest you go into pultry busines (specifically broilers) using a large cage that can aleast accomodate 150 birds. You do this for a while and the result obtain here may determine your nest action.

But if you have sumbody who wants to put his or her barns for rent, you can as weel partiner with him and watch your sales for sometime.
But if you want to go for fishery..I tink you will have to be patient and be business oriented person especially in ur methods of marketing....if you hatch the fish yourself, that wil be an added advantage. Because hatching alone will let you realise a reasonable profit from fishery.

Though I hatch.....you can still beep me up wen u need my assistance

1 Like

Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by ejibamui: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2015
@neyur can u pls forward any catfish hatching videos done by urself to muideenayinla@gmail.com I'll appreciate it. Thanks.
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by giantstrides(m): 10:12am On Apr 07, 2015
kunleee:

I plan going into fish farming too with #200,000+ half a plot. Am i good to go. Will like to get in contact.

Depends on several factors, e.g
do you have water supply
Water quality
how many fishes do you want to stock etc

200k is okay if your fishes are not much.
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by neyur: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2015
ejibamui:
@neyur can u pls forward any catfish hatching videos done by urself to muideenayinla@gmail.com I'll appreciate it. Thanks.

Alright....
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by praxx(m): 12:33am On Apr 09, 2015
neyur:
The both are lucrative. But the problem is the risk management..poultry has more risk than fisheries, poultry is more marketable than fishery(cat fish) based on the general consumption because poultry as well produces eggs which helps to generate money to supply other needs. While fishey on the other hand, have a slow capital income, that is you will have to waite for couple of months before the fingerlines migrate to maturity.
With you 300k, I suggest you go into pultry busines (specifically broilers) using a large cage that can aleast accomodate 150 birds. You do this for a while and the result obtain here may determine your nest action.

But if you have sumbody who wants to put his or her barns for rent, you can as weel partiner with him and watch your sales for sometime.
But if you want to go for fishery..I tink you will have to be patient and be business oriented person especially in ur methods of marketing....if you hatch the fish yourself, that wil be an added advantage. Because hatching alone will let you realise a reasonable profit from fishery.

Hey boss.
Please where is your farm located. i have plans on setting up a fish farm as soon as possible. i have secured a piece of land and drilled a bore hole there too.
i might need your assistance in the pond construction and also a few weeks of on-hand training so as to learn the ropes.

please let me know as soon as possible as i have secured the fund to start of.

Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by praxx(m): 12:34am On Apr 09, 2015
neyur:

Hey boss.
Please where is your farm located. i have plans on setting up a fish farm as soon as possible. i have secured a piece of land and drilled a bore hole there too.
i might need your assistance in the pond construction and also a few weeks of on-hand training so as to learn the ropes.

Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by neyur: 6:59am On Apr 09, 2015
praxx:

Hey boss.

When you ready for the construction ..beep ma fone..this is my contact. 08037617970, 08052358031....I live in abuja...
Goodmawni
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by praxx(m): 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
neyur:

When you ready for the construction ..beep ma fone..this is my contact. 08037617970, 08052358031....I live in abuja...
Goodmawni

Ok Boss.
thanks for the quick response. you will surely hear from me soon.
thnks.
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by knowledge4(m): 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Poultry is more sensitive but more marketable than fish.
Both are capital intensive
There is higher demand for eggs than fish
The fish has only one income source-the fish
The poultry has several income sources - the chicken, the eggs, the chicken droppings (poultry manure) all in demand
For more details, check 1st signature
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by Ura: 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
The market for any business o, na as you fit take market your product. So, rule out the talk that market dey for one and e no dey for another- I no gree. Even if you have a water source, by the time you dig a pond out of the money, what is left will not be enough to run the business. But you have the option of a plastic tank you can do it. It is just that it is not so convenient to use. But if you consider poultry, before the end of 6 months you would have recovered your money back with profit. That is if you farmed broilers. If you go for layers, you will not be able to stock more than 50 because you have to feed them for a long time. So, you have to be careful not to do what will make you run short of money before the profit starts coming in. And you will need to be guided.
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by BillyPro: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
CATFISH SALES ALERT
Healthy and Fast-Growing Clarias, Post-fingerlings and Juveniles ready for sale.
Call/Whatapp: 08160616886
Waybill Services available upon request.
Re: Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative? by Ttalk: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
Introducing Shutters Seed (Juvenile ) to Nigeria.

Healthy and fast growing juvenile.

Phone: zero eight zero three eight eight seven six nine

(1) (Reply)

Farmland For Sale For N50,000 Per Acre / Michael Okpara Univ. Of Agriculture, Umudike, Recruitment: What's the latest? / Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available }

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.