Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) (27191 Views)

Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate / Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by efilefun(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
A former Lagos State governor and national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has formally sued African Independent Television (AIT) for the sum of N150 billion over an alleged defamatory documentary being aired on the station.
The decision of Tinubu to sue the station followed the refusal of AIT to meet the conditions set out in a letter by his lawyer Tunji Abayomi, to the broadcast station asking it to stop further airing of the documentary titled “Unmasking The Real Tinubu.”

Mr. Tunji Abayomi, had few days ago written to the Daar Communications, demanding an apology for the contnt of the documentary and further airing by the AIT.

The letter which also demanded for N20billion (Twenty Billion Naira) as cost of damage done to the reputation of its client failing which the client will sue the company, stated that the documentary was pre-occupied with political resentment and hatred neither warranted, necessary, proper, or justified.

But in its response, Daar Communications Plc rejected in their entirety the demands of Tunji Abayomi and co on behalf of Bola Tinubu and instead demanded a complete withdrawal of the letter under reference, which must be given wide publicity as that accorded the letter from the chambers of Tunji Abayomi.

Mike Ozekhome’s chambers on behalf on behalf of DAAR communications declares that AIT, in transmitting the documentary was only carrying out its constitutional responsibility to uphold the fundamental objectives of the constitution.

But not satisfied with the response of Daar Communications, Tinubu’s counsel, Tunji Abayomi proceeded with the filing of a suit demanding for a damage of N150 billion.

Although, details of the suit are still sketchy, Abusidiqu gathered that no less than four senior lawyers, including Wole Olanipekun, Femi Falana and Tunji Abayomi are all line up behind Tinubu to prosecute the case.

@AAPreporting

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178073-tinubu-sues-ait-for-n150-billion-over-controversial-documentary.html

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Emodeee: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
Very good. As BRT(tv) is to APC, so also is AIT to PDP.

I'm yet to c pdp advert inside dat BRT screen.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
Unlike Obanikoro who promised to sue SR but hasnt done so till date.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tinubu no get shame, wasting his time.
"Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed supporters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!
Dis shows how foolish apc thugs re, I pity dem and dem generations!"

162 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by redcliff: 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
I judt think pdp met their right match... money for money, man for man, resources for resources.. a man obj could not bring down, pdp under jonathan has got not footing against him. Lmao!

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by TI1919(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2015

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by masseratti: 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Brilliant, Raymond Dokpesi is going too far with his affairs with politics, nothing wrong with owing a TV station and being a politician but you have to let it be neutral to an extent, the documentary has so many loopholes,those lawyers will take him to the cleaners,btw Mike Ozhekome is not that brillant, he is more of an activists than a lawyer.

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
Lets see how this wan will end

waiting for when GEJ will sue Sahara reporters and other anti pdp magazines.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by lilflipnerd: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
deemdeem:
Unlike Obanikoro who promised to sue SR but hasnt done so till date.
dnt mind dat nigga

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Trailblazer1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
while we are still crying over the money he has stolen, the greedy fellow still had the guts to sue for #150billion.

What for?
Is it for your burial

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Trailblazer1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
redcliff:
I judt think pdp met their right match... money for money, man for man, resources for resources.. a man obj could not bring down, pdp under jonathan has got not footing against him. Lmao!
and you point is............. undecided

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by ishiamu(m): 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2015
the bat goes to court

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by redcliff: 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
Trailblazer1:
and you point is............. undecided

My point is.... dont quote me if you dont get it

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Trailblazer1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
redcliff:

My point is.... dont quote me if you dont get it
I don quote you

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by aresa: 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
They really need to start taking these clowns to court....well done Asiwaju...

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Blackfire(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
can APC/tunubu/buhari and family endure the interballistic misiles of bonbadment of non stop abuse by naija for 215 days,after they win the election

30 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by gabriel212: 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
BAT get my approvals for this. I dont c anything wrong in havin a TV Station but you must be cautious of what you air and try to be non sentimental. I and some ppl I know stop watching ait since the -ve remarks on the Peoples General.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by 9jatriot(m): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
masseratti:
Brilliant, Raymond Dokpesi is going too far with his affairs with politics, nothing wrong with owing a TV station and being a politician but you have to let it be neutral to an extent, the documentary has so many loopholes,those lawyers will take him to the cleaners,btw Mike Ozhekome is not that brillant, he is more of an activists than a lawyer.

Looking at it from a neutral point of view, you may be right, but as a business man Raymond has opted to join the side that can guarantee him PROTECTION and a large source of funds. You think those documentaries are free? The man is simply smiling at every bank alert because I suspect these documentaries will be at a special rate plus other enguje. These are good times for Raymond. That is simply looking at it from a business point of view o.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by nationwide1(m): 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
I hope he won't cry foul when he is exposed the more and complainant turns defendant.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by otr1(m): 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Good! AIT and the sponsors of the documentary should go and defend themselves in court. It's an opportunity for them to properly table their evidences.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by DRANOEL(m): 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
I see Dokpesi going bankrupt again, most of the things in the documentary were allegations and unconfirmed. That is why a man is guilty until proven otherwise by the courts.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Adeeko007(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
AIT is already making a counter charge of 100 bilion naira, so no big deal

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
The downfall of tinubu has just started, dancing shoki

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
DRANOEL:
I see Dokpesi going bankrupt again, most of the things in the documentary were allegations and unconfirmed. That is why a man is guilty until proven otherwise by the courts.
Tinubu will cry, you go see.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by masseratti: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
9jatriot:

Looking at it from a neutral point of view, you may be right, but as a business man Raymond has opted to join the side that can guarantee him PROTECTION and a large source of funds. You think those documentaries are free? The man is simply smiling at every bank alert because I suspect these documentaries will be at a special rate plus other enguje. These are good times for Raymond. That is simply looking at it from a business point of view o.
I agree but making it clear that those documentaries were sponsored and reveling the sponsors would have shield him from various litigation,the documentary is full of loopholes half truth and lies,that's fallacy,am not a fan of Tinubu either I think his grip on power in Lagos is too much but I respect his game play in politics.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Rad1cal: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Initial gragra.

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by abokikhalifa: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
Emodeee:
Very good. As BRT(tv) is to APC, so also is AIT to PDP.

I'm yet to c pdp advert inside dat BRT screen.
you mumu o.. Is BRT a tv station in Nigeria?

30 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by IGBOSON1: 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
DRANOEL:

^^^Who told you they're unconfirmed! You're not privy to the 'cards' AIT are holding are you?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by OgologoDimkpa: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
He's fighting a lost battle cos the whole evidence is there for all to see embarassed
All na IGG--- Initial gra-gra

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rad1cal:
Initial gragra.
leave am, its working as planned.

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by OgologoDimkpa: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rad1cal:
Initial gragra.

Yakubu Nagoda Resigns As Special Assistant To Governor Ganduje / Dapo Abiodun Meets Gbenga Daniel, After His Resignation From Politics / Flavour, Phyno Attend Peter Obi & Pat Utomi Lecture In Howard University (Video)