Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) (46402 Views)

Corper Wearing Skirt At NYSC Camp Causes Stir (Photos, Video) / Sexual Promiscuity By Married Women At NYSC Camps / The Romantic Proposal At NYSC Camp By Two Lovely People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by blank(f): 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
You can be over 30 and serve. The issue is to finish school before you are 30 years old.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by ijecks(f): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
olayheamy:
Is anyone else facing this same problem? I registered last year november for nysc and I paid but because my school did not send my name, I was not mobilized. I tried to register again yesterday but I got an error message that said my email address already been used, I thought it was a mix up so I opened another account and continued. When it was time to submit the online form, I got an error message that said my matric number had already been used. I was later made to understand that I was not supposed to try to register at all since I already had an account.Now that I know what to do, I cannot log in as an existing user and print the neccesary documents and I cannot use the new account I created to register. PLEAAAAASSEE HELP
use another email address, thats hw its don
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by andyanders: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
She is still under 20.Naija women no dey pass twenty until dem begin dey die.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by kevyngbash(m): 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Poster, what's ur business. She has the right to live out her dreams and u shld not bother her.
You tink u r young so u call her old woman. Is ur mother 'an old woman'

You won't just know what to joke with.

If getting old is and trying to live ur liife and dreams is such a bad idea, then my prayer for u is that u never get old.

Check ur head. U may be damaged fundamentally.

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by IYANGBALI: 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
daimsy:
She is 18 years.
no mind the op jare
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by Missmossy(f): 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
It's obvious she's having fun grin its her life moreover.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by 1miccza: 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
Gbolask24:
The official cut-off age for the National Youth Service Corp is 30 years but it is common to see over-aged people partaking in the one year service to father land.

While this may mean you will not have the discharge letter it is stil a risk to perform some rigorous exercises carried out in NYSC camps when you have passed a certain age.

See the photo below and tell me what such an old woman is doing in an NYSC camp.

http://bwgist.com/featured/what-is-this-old-woman-doing-at-nysc-camp-see-photo/

Serving her grandfather's land
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by daimsy(f): 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
ozo13:
alawe is involve in most cases
yes o
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by daimsy(f): 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
Gmajor:

Next year she will be 17
abi.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
Don't blame the woman, it is the fault of our society where job vacancies are advertised for a certain age group. Why not put your football age by going for NYSC and can get the job at reduced age.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by kinibigdeal(m): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2015
Thats her football age grin
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by lokoloko84(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
tunde4top:
If her school results were approved before she turned 30 years, then it is left to her to decide when to go (irrespective of her current age). Such person is not etitled for exemption certificate (even if she is now 70 years), because her nysc age still remains the year she graduated (when her school senate approved her results). Search for the truth op, because it can only set you free.
Perfect response and you are the only sensible folk here.
You know the rules.You see Nigerians are mentally lazy to read, talkless of the Nigeria constitution that is why the country is in shambles.
Ignorance is a disease.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by oshokay(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
daimsy:
She is 18 years.

then my grandma is 12
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by lovely17(m): 12:31am On Mar 07, 2015
I can't see any old woman?
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by Allansmith: 2:05am On Mar 07, 2015
olayheamy:
Is anyone else facing this same problem? I registered last year november for nysc and I paid but because my school did not send my name, I was not mobilized. I tried to register again yesterday but I got an error message that said my email address already been used, I thought it was a mix up so I opened another account and continued. When it was time to submit the online form, I got an error message that said my matric number had already been used. I was later made to understand that I was not supposed to try to register at all since I already had an account.Now that I know what to do, I cannot log in as an existing user and print the neccesary documents and I cannot use the new account I created to register. PLEAAAAASSEE HELP

Go to the NYSC secretariat of the state in which you are and also try and make this issue known at the NYSC headquarters too as the secretariat might not take the case as serious as it seems and bear in mind that you would need to be on your toes to see that this issue is sorted...Wish you best of luck...
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by daimsy(f): 7:13am On Mar 07, 2015
oshokay:

then my grandma is 12
If granny is 12,I suspect that you are 6.lol.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by babs01(m): 7:42am On Mar 07, 2015
olayheamy:
same here
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by babs01(m): 7:51am On Mar 07, 2015
olayheamy:
CONTACT
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by Ogadtop(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2015
what nysc says is that u mvst not be above 30 as at the time u complete your program in school.you can go for service 20 years after no wahala
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by oshokay(m): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2015
daimsy:
If granny is 12,I suspect that you are 6.lol.

no oooh my mom is 6 am 2
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2015
Adyrin:
After 30 years, its up to her to take exemption letter or not!

She must go to camp also.
So OP there's nothing wrong there, its her choice; just that you're not aware!

Exactly!

It's not compulsory that one MUST be 30 or below at the time of his/her youth service; if the person graduates before turning 30 or at 30, he/she can choose to serve any time, at any age! There is also an option of exemption letter as you rightly stated...

But most of them old cargo Corpers these days are cases of 9ja football age sha grin

1 Like

Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by abacusCm(m): 10:13am On Mar 07, 2015
she is camp commandant.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by daimsy(f): 10:27am On Mar 07, 2015
oshokay:

no oooh my mom is 6 am 2
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by Dannyblaze: 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
she dey shoot film.... title of the movie "FOOTBALL AGE"
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by PrettyPie(f): 3:08am On Mar 08, 2015
Gbolask24:
The official cut-off age for the National Youth Service Corp is 30 years but it is common to see over-aged people partaking in the one year service to father land.

While this may mean you will not have the discharge letter it is stil a risk to perform some rigorous exercises carried out in NYSC camps when you have passed a certain age.

See the photo below and tell me what such an old woman is doing in an NYSC camp.

http://bwgist.com/featured/what-is-this-old-woman-doing-at-nysc-camp-see-photo/

I find your remark very derogatory and very highly prejudiced! Would you say the same thing if it were an 'old man'? Have you not seen people in their 60s, 70s and even 80s in gyms? Would you like it if someone said that about your mother? Should age be a restriction to achieving any goal? Jeeezzzz wake up! Appreciate her efforts because not everyone in her position would do that. ironically, she has become a role model for many and many others would follow in her footsteps. Good for them.
Re: What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) by SenatorJames(m): 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
They are many. The exemption I know is those that graduated at an age less than 30years, but didn't go for NYSC immediately, so they come back later for youth service at an older age, claiming the age at which they graduated for service.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Corper Sleeping On A Bridge In Kubwa (Photos) / Corper Ese Arumala Has Been Missing For 2 Months / The Best Passing Out Parade, The Corpers Killed It! (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.