Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 (2254 Views)

Airtel 1.5 Gb Data For 50 Naira At Night Only / GLO New Cheap Data Plans & Prices (2GB For N1,000) / Free 1 GB Data When You Solve This Phone Puzzle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
I recently patronised someone through Nairaland here to buy 1 gigabyte MTN data plan 30days just last Saturday.
I sent in MTN recharge card pins worth the value to them, and shortly a text message was sent by 131 to my phone informing me of the package. I was sceptical about them because with an amount more than N1,200 MTN has never given me more than 325 MB

Today I watched to my amazement that my 1gigabyte data has run out. How come, I tried to ask them but they are not responding. What have I used my phone so soon to warrant such exhaustion? Even with the MTN direct offer of 325 MB, I can use that data up to 3 wks. I suspect foul play here. Could I have been scammed? House, does anybody share with my experience? What is going on?
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by victor2008(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
na u fall mugun, likewise u greedy, looking for cheap data plan, I can't stop laughing
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 3:20am On Mar 07, 2015
Thank you. I needed to alert other unsuspecting people. I might be saving some people and wanted people to share experiences rather than keeping quiet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by mrfoxx(m): 3:26am On Mar 07, 2015
This Could only mean two things

1) The SME data you received was Due Expiration the Next day or Certain hours at the time of your purchase

2) Did you *461*7# to Verify the Data also its Validity period?

If you did then Option 1 is what happened and you should get a better Reseller I WILL RECOMMEND OCTAVO been buying from him for almost 6months now he is Legit sincere and credible

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Warlord3000(m): 5:34am On Mar 07, 2015
Were you given the 1gb data...? YES..

The only reasonable explanation was the the expiry from the seller was near and he wasn't honest to inform you of it...

He goofed up big time and need to be reprimanded cos he just lost a long time customer...

SMEs are real. Just find an honest seller.... Luluosas.. Octavo.. Wolexy etc are real genuine guys that are honest..

4 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by ceejay80s(m): 6:19am On Mar 07, 2015
What's the seller's username?
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by mistabiola: 6:33am On Mar 07, 2015
Jonwesley:
I recently patronised someone through Nairaland here to buy 1 gigabyte MTN data plan 30days just last Saturday.
I sent in MTN recharge card pins worth the value to them, and shortly a text message was sent by 131 to my phone informing me of the package. I was sceptical about them because with an amount more than N1,200 MTN has never given me more than 325 MB

Today I watched to my amazement that my 1gigabyte data has run out. How come, I tried to ask them but they are not responding. What have I used my phone so soon to warrant such exhaustion? Even with the MTN direct offer of 325 MB, I can use that data up to 3 wks. I suspect foul play here. Could I have been scammed? House, does anybody share with my experience? What is going on?

Why don't you go to their nearest office and get it for 1000naira only for android phones

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 7:32am On Mar 07, 2015
mistabiola:

Why don't you go to their nearest office and get it for 1000naira only for android phones

You mean an MTN office? My set is not android phone. This was d confusion, so many people advertising cheap data under d tag, bulk purchase from mtn and are allowed to sell lower than mtn. I fell for it and now felt cheated
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 7:44am On Mar 07, 2015
Mrfoxx, warlord, ceejay80s, I really appreciate your responses and it lifted my spirit. Thanks to all of u. I didn't open it, I still don't know how to do so. The seller refused to guide me. Again when I texted *461*7# to 131, I got a reply of wrong form of text.

I need more knowledge because I hate being treated like this. I think it's an advert I saw on Nairaland, not through a nairalander. The company name I saw was Mareka Enterprises or something like that.
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by nani667: 7:51am On Mar 07, 2015
Jonwesley:
Mrfoxx, warlord, ceejay80s, I really appreciate your responses and it lifted my spirit. Thanks to all of u. I didn't open it, I still don't know how to do so. The seller refused to guide me. Again when I texted *461*7# to 131, I got a reply of wrong form of text.

I need more knowledge because I hate being treated like this. I think it's an advert I saw on Nairaland, not through a nairalander. The company name I saw was Mareka Enterprises or something like that.

Don't send any text message... Just open your phone dialer and dial *461*7#
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 7:55am On Mar 07, 2015
Octavo, luluosas, wolexy are monikers of Nairalanders. Why are they keeping quiet when they can encourage me to switch over to them. I just bought another from mtn directly but too costly. I need cheaper data plans as my work is more on research and sme biz, finance advisory and consultancy which requires internet service daily

3 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by nani667: 8:02am On Mar 07, 2015
Jonwesley:
Octavo, luluosas, wolexy are monikers of Nairalanders. Why are they keeping quiet when they can encourage me to switch over to them. I just bought another from mtn directly but too costly. I need cheaper data plans as my work is more on research and sme biz, finance advisory and consultancy which requires internet service daily

Go here https://www.nairaland.com/1972595/mtn-1gig-now-1100-naira

That's the cheapest and most reliable data seller on nairaland.... You can thank me later ✔

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by manos(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2015
I am a data reseller also, so it hurts me when i see complaints like this..........some peeps would go to any length just to make fast money, tarnishing the names of others who try to make something meaningful out of life.
A small scale biz idea that could easily yield them hundreds of thousands in a short while, with very little capital, is what scammers would rather choose to runoff with a mere 1k recharge card.(Penny wise, Pound foolish)
i have been scammed on 2 occasions by resellers here on nairaland, before i eventually came across a reputable reseller, which made me see the beauty in the biz, before i eventually ventured into it.

although in your case, i dont think u were scammed, it may just be a case of bad customer service on the side of the seller u bought from, cos i wonder why sum1 would sell and not give u the codes to check you data balance.

Well i dont think much talk is what is needed here,
if u wanna know more about how u can buy data at cheaper rates than the official prices, then contact me on
08064301017, (whatsapp)
08181360972, (mobile)
i would give u all the information u need and more. simply flash and i would call u back. i also give out a lot of free offers from time to time. wink
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ok, nani, TAVOS, Manos, alabini all of U have done well. I made the text now and the reply said it should expire on 28th March. How cld I have exhausted 1 gigabyte within one week? And I sleep all night o! Is there any game or as it's called SME data share, somebody was sharing my data that I didn't know.
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by tempest01(m): 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Jonwesley:
Ok, nani, TAVOS, Manos, alabini all of U have done well. I made the text now and the reply said it should expire on 28th March. How cld I have exhausted 1 gigabyte within one week? And I sleep all night o! Is there any game or as it's called SME data share, somebody was sharing my data that I didn't know.
I believe you are shouting wolf when there is none.
You recurved confirmation that you recieved 1gig data from mtn, it expires 28 March.

Is either you've exhausted your data or its error from mtn.

You just have to do another subscription, and keep tab on your data balance.

If you use hotspot in your PC, make sure windows updates is turned off, that stuff can finish your data in a minute.... Check for self updating programs too.

We all use mtn SME data.

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
tempest01:
I believe you are shouting wolf when there is none.
You recurved confirmation that you recieved 1gig data from mtn, it expires 28 March.

Is either you've exhausted your data or its error from mtn.

You just have to do another subscription, and keep tab on your data balance.

If you use hotspot in your PC, make sure windows updates is turned off, that stuff can finish your data in a minute.... Check for self updating programs too.

We all use mtn SME data.

Well said, I will check. I notice my laptop is been acting strange and d web browser Mozilla open pages without control. Sometimes it hangs. Windows updates, etc. I could be wrong my friend, but my crying is leading me somewhere. Isn't so?

It's my first time to get SME data share and it's d cheapest ever data I have gotten. My suspicion may becloud my reasoning. And d seller not responding to my enquiries and blatant accusations on them being fake didn't help matters too. It's all well that ends well.
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by luluosas(m): 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
Jonwesley:
Thanks for the mention sir. I am very grateful.

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by luluosas(m): 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
nani667:

Go here https://www.nairaland.com/1972595/mtn-1gig-now-1100-naira

That's the cheapest and most reliable data seller on nairaland.... You can thank me later ✔
Most reliable? Don't spoil other people's name because of your preferred vendor. Thank you.
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by luluosas(m): 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
Jonwesley:

When you say asked 'them', what do you mean? How many people did you bought from at a time? Thank you.
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by nani667: 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
luluosas:

Most reliable? Don't spoil other people's name because of your preferred vendor. Thank you.

You must really be a learner sir.... Did I ever mention other sellers were unreliable or spoil anyone's name ? I referred the OP based on my experience and you're quoting me and talking rubbish... Or is it a crime to have a "preferred vendor" ?

You really need to learn how to talk sha.... Don't be quoting people talking rubbish cos they don't patronize you ✔
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by majalisa(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
Warlord3000:
Were you given the 1gb data...? YES..

The only reasonable explanation was the the expiry from the seller was near and he wasn't honest to inform you of it...

He goofed up big time and need to be reprimanded cos he just lost a long time customer...

SMEs are real. Just find an honest seller.... Luluosas.. Octavo.. Wolexy etc are real genuine guys that are honest..
luluosas and octavo are just to honest,polite and reliable.i have done biz with them and not 4 once have i regretted it

2 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Jonwesley(m): 4:16am On Mar 18, 2015
luluosas:

When you say asked 'them', what do you mean? How many people did you bought from at a time? Thank you.

I mean when I reported my surprise of the outcome to them, they didn't come up with any explanation neither was my text accusing them of being fake was rebuffed or replied to.

However like some Nairalanders have commented, I rather think my laptop was the cause as it had some problems with automatic and self download and updates going on internally which was confirmed by an IT experts that help me check it.
Re: Have I Been Scamed, Sme I Gb Data Plan For N1,200 by Warlord3000(m): 6:42am On Mar 18, 2015
Problem solved...

Thread closed cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Things You Never Knew About Whatsapp Messenger / 5 Method To Remove Icloud Activation Lock From Ios 2018 / Clean Samsung J7 Pro For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.