Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1099833 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Nobody: 9:10am On May 22, 2015
I am personally happy receiving the updates oh.At least they are fixing some noticeable issues.And it shows they care for the phone.Although it also shows they made made many mistakes too when manufacturing it.Altogether its good to see them trying to fix it.Unlike Techno wey go just leave the phone with all the problems.I hope they release a lollipop upgrade/update but i seriously doubt it.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by enoch273: 9:35am On May 22, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
you're on point bro. I love phones with beautiful ui but nothing beats a phone with a monster battery. Gravity box can do the work of beautifying. Remember the case of my former m6. Slim gold coloured beautiful phone with wack ba3 and unable to receive custom roms. Baba I agree with all these points about the Boom j7 but a good ba3 does it for me sir. #my 2 cents tho. cheesy grin
you're on point boss, the only thing attracting me to this phone's the battery and nothing else.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2015
Posted d sh1t but was inexplicably deleted again. Mods are really fooolish IMO. Wat d f*ck was my offense sef? Shey Font na cheat? If una no ban me again, una be bastard! Awon oloshi gbogbo

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Maro4u(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2015
grinface98:
Posted d sh1t but was inexplicably deleted again. Mods are really fooolish IMO. Wat d f*ck was my offense sef? Shey Font na cheat? If una no ban me again, una be bastard! Awon oloshi gbogbo
LOL u funny o na NLBoT u dey shira for abi who lol 90% of naira lands mods are bots
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Carlcaresophia: 10:04am On May 22, 2015
abeynoni:
Pls help, my infinix note don freeze. The phone is displayin 'no command' while tryin to update..wht do I do?
Hi! Maybe you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues there to check the problem for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2015
Maro4u:
LOL u funny o na NLBoT u dey shira for abi who lol 90% of naira lands mods are bots
Make God punish bot papa
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Dumchuks(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2015
Maro4u:

Nawa oo.... Why not write the name of the app... Make we follow up from there.
Then if we have any problem.. We will tackle it here.....
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by lanre316: 10:20am On May 22, 2015
Dumchuks:

Nawa oo.... Why not write the name of the app... Make we follow up from there.
Then if we have any problem.. We will tackle it here.....

Abi o. The suspense is killing me.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Carlcaresophia: 10:21am On May 22, 2015
chuchwhite:
Pls gurus in d house.. How can I resolve this one my infinix hot note
Hi! Maybe you can try to download those apps from other andriod markets and try to install then. If the problem still exists, maybe you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check the problem. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Carlcaresophia: 10:47am On May 22, 2015
grinface98:
Good evening everyone!!!
I have a problem with my newly acquired beast that is Infinix hot note. In short, most inbuilt apps are not opening. I have flashed everything flashable but nothing has changed. Can't receive calls too. What I seek now is for a good Samaritan who has a CWM back up on his/her hot note to pls and pls zip the folder that has CWM in it and pls upload for me for me to download and carry out the remaining procedures. I'm on my kneels to anyone who has the might to help me out on this. May God continue to bless everyone on this thread!

Thanks!
Hi! Maybe you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check it for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by maxibrainz: 11:00am On May 22, 2015
my mission was to use only NEPA light to charge this phone but NEPA is not helping matters the want to frustrate this plan, apart from NEPA which other power source is suitable to charge this baby that won't affect the battery, is it big generator, power bank or solar. My former android tecno M3 battery got swollen after a year and I don't know the cause, this hot note battery is not removable so I no one carry the battery joke
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by LEGITLAYO: 11:08am On May 22, 2015
enoch273:

you're on point boss, the only thing attracting me to this phone's the battery and nothing else.
that's what's up bruh
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by anikum: 11:14am On May 22, 2015
augster:
Get ur ihot note...delivery is free!!!

CAN I GET THE GREY COLOR OR COPPER COLOR ON TUESDAY IN IKOYI.......
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by enoch273: 11:14am On May 22, 2015
nonny400:

Okay bro.
But, if you've actually used the hot note extensively,then that ram you talked about won't be an issue.
The ram optimization is great, I didn't have to install clean master to optimize my ram.
I can play games, watch stuff even use my xender in the background without fear of it closing.
okay boss! When i buy it then. Thanks alot.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by augster(m): 11:18am On May 22, 2015
anikum:

CAN I GET THE GREY COLOR OR COPPER COLOR ON TUESDAY IN IKOYI.......
yes...grey is available...pm me...#24500...pay on delivery
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by anikum: 11:29am On May 22, 2015
augster:
yes...grey is available...pm me...#24500...pay on delivery

HMMMM...OW DO I DO THAT...
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by augster(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2015
anikum:

HMMMM...OW DO I DO THAT...
just send your name, number, and address to hardeydohyin01@gmail.com
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 11:44am On May 22, 2015
eraly:
Is Tecno still existing atall? Its been long I heard dat name/brand o
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Very funny!! Abi o!! Backward neva
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 11:49am On May 22, 2015
enoch273:
I want to drop a honest review, there ve been an argument lately about the tecno j7 boom and infinix hot note, but finally I handled them both yesterday and i must say the truth. Your compliments and rude remarks're welcomed.
Although they both share the same inbuild capacity, different screen size and battery, but In a cathartic and clear cut term, in terms of UI the tecno J7 beats the hot note hands down, the phone's just so BOOM and does not even need to be tweaked to make it beautiful. Another thing that caught my attention was the ram, the ram management's better than that of the hot note by far. Apart from that the battery and screen makes the hot note stand out. Both devices're great. Thanks alot.
. Nah! I've gat no p wt d ram mamagement
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 11:55am On May 22, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
hello ma'am, what's the bad news?
. I wasted 900mb
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 11:55am On May 22, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
ya welcome sir... my phone is back to being a Virgin tho. I over tweaked and it started having issues, so I wiped all my data and everything and I've started again. Not tweaking till I get my lollipop update.. grin
. Lol learnt d hard way
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 11:57am On May 22, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
you're on point bro. I love phones with beautiful ui but nothing beats a phone with a monster battery. Gravity box can do the work of beautifying. Remember the case of my former m6. Slim gold coloured beautiful phone with wack ba3 and unable to receive custom roms. Baba I agree with all these points about the Boom j7 but a good ba3 does it for me sir. #my 2 cents tho. cheesy grin
. Daz tru. I still like my Th6 UI compared to dat of ds hot note. But d battery has shut me up
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by anikum: 11:58am On May 22, 2015
augster:
just send your name, number, and address to hardeydohyin01@gmail.com

plz ...have u seen the mail.. ok, thanks.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 11:59am On May 22, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
Hi! Maybe you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check it for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
I'm in Lagos
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 11:59am On May 22, 2015
Richhard:
Received update alert, anyone done it? What's the size ?
. I dnt knw. But I've updated mine. Cnt c any diff doh.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by augster(m): 12:19pm On May 22, 2015
anikum:

plz ...have u seen the mail.. ok, thanks.
seen and replied
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by lanre316: 12:28pm On May 22, 2015
jemmiee:
. Daz tru. I still like my Th6 UI compared to dat of ds hot note. But d battery has shut me up
You're right.

What's the deal the UI beauty when you can easily change your UI with a nice launcher and gravity box.

My point is UI issue can be easily fixed. But low battery performance issue CANNOT be easily fixed.

So hot note still takes the crown as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by therealesttin(m): 12:34pm On May 22, 2015
LOLLIPOP UPDATE:

If you’re having second thoughts about buying an Infinix device with Android Kitkat simply because you are waiting for the delayed software updates to Lollipop, then you are currently missing out on a lot.
Latest versions of Infinix phones are based on Android 4.4 KitKat. Although the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop only runs on a miniscule number of smartphones right now, it is natural for any potential smartphone buyer to expect it in their new handset. But then we did a quick feature comparison and jotted down things that you’ll be missing out and not missing out if you buy an Infinix phone today. Here are some of them:
Many of the headline features Google baked into Lollipop, in fact, are part of Infinix phones already. Obviously, the Material Design animations throughout the UI, default support for the new ART runtime and some others aren’t present in Infinix devices. But here’s a comparison of the ones that are already available and how different they are in operation from Infinix stock Android:

1) Quick Settings

Although most phone makers have been putting quick settings in their variants of Android, it took Google till Android 5.0 to finally bake it into the stock build. And no doubt, they’ve done a fabulous job by not just giving simple on-off toggles, but even relevant information right in there. For instance, you can check your data usage within the quick settings menu itself.

Nevertheless, the basic toggle functionality is available in Infinix device that run Android 4.4.2 too, including the controlling of brightness levels and music playback. You can scroll through all possible toggles including ones to lock the phone screen, and change sound profiles.

2) Guest Mode

Guest mode is one of the best features of Android Lollipop, using which you can hand over your phone to anybody without the fear of them snooping on your personal stuff. Although Infinix doesn’t have the ability to create multiple user accounts, there are several applications that you can use to restrict use of applications that you do not want other users to have access to. These security applications are available on the Google Playstore.

3) Trusted Bluetooth Devices

A feature that Motorola pioneered in 2013 with the first Moto X, that Google later borrowed in Android Lollipop, is also available on Infinix devices.
As simple as it sounds, you can add Bluetooth devices that you own, like a smartwatch or fitness band or a car audio system, and the phone doesn’t require a confirmation to pair these devices. This feature is immensely useful if you’re the owner of any of those devices, as it frees you from the repetitive activity of unlocking your phone in their vicinity, but puts the guard back on when the phone isn’t paired to any.

4) Battery Saver

Android Lollipop has a simplistic Battery Saver mode that reduces battery consumption by turning off some features like animations, background app syncing and slowing the processor down. Infinix’s Hot and Hot Note battery saver mode is comparatively more advanced, offering 3 preset battery saving profiles like ‘Power Save’, ‘Low Power’ and ‘Ultra power’. You can even edit these profiles, choosing the activity of things that eat into the battery. These profiles can automatically kick in depending upon the battery state of your phone.

5) Do Not Disturb

Android Lollipop brought about ‘Priority Mode’, which was an intermediary between regular sound profiles and Do Not Disturb (DND). It lets you white list certain apps and contacts, that can pass through an otherwise ‘silent’ mode.

And it’s not like there will never be an Infinix Stock Rom based on Lollipop, Infinix R and D team did confirm they’re working hard to make it happen by the 3rd quarter of 2015.

What will be interesting to see then would be the integration of these overlapping features.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by deewon56: 1:19pm On May 22, 2015
how can i reach Ibrahim Taiwo Street, Off Favos Road, New Bodija Estate, Ibadan from polyibadan,i order from jumia, i was ask to go pickup station,i dnt knw d direction plz help
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Lanreallenjay: 1:32pm On May 22, 2015
deewon56:
how can i reach Ibrahim
Taiwo Street, Off Favos
Road, New Bodija Estate,
Ibadan from polyibadan,i
order from jumia, i was ask to
go pickup station,i dnt knw d
direction plz help
The first turning to the right after favos... Ask the gate man or knock at the first gate on ur left after d gate.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by deewon56: 1:46pm On May 22, 2015
Lanreallenjay:

The first turning to the right after favos... Ask the gate man or knock at the first gate on ur left after d gate.
tanx,hw can i get to d place from sango in polyibadan
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 1:50pm On May 22, 2015
lanre316:

You're right.

What's the deal the UI beauty when you can easily change your UI with a nice launcher and gravity box.

My point is UI issue can be easily fixed. But low battery performance issue CANNOT be easily fixed.

So hot note still takes the crown as far as I'm concerned.
. hahaha abi ooo. u r making a point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.