Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1099904 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2015
driand:
if you're new to android development please stay away from it, you can damage your device with that..
He only asked what it's meant for...
@least I've been using android since 2011 and been a bit techy on it yet I'm hearing minfree for d 3rd times and I still dnt knw d meaning, tho I dnt kia to knw then...
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:45am On Nov 25, 2015
samintegrity:

There's only one explanation, ur driver isnt properly installed, check or Google aw to install mtk drive manually, dus shd solve it, buh if u did installed manually and still same which I doubt,try change port u connected to.

Lemme see if I can get u d link..brb

Best solution
Modified * how to manually install vcom driver

https://forum..com/thread-440.html

Am sure the link wont appear correctly jst check d image I attached to get d full url
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Carlcaresophia: 9:20am On Nov 25, 2015
2baga:
house please help, i "somehow" set a privacy protection pin for my infinix hot note pro, i just tried to swap out a simcard now its asking me for the pincode, which i cant remember.....pls is there a way to reset or remove the password without losing my data???
Hi 2baga, it means you had set anti-theft function with your old simcard before. To unlock the phone, you can either input the protection code you set before, or cancel the anti-theft function. To cancel the anti-theft setting, you need to insert your old simcard, and follow below steps: setting----Security----Mobile anti-theft---cancel. If there is still problem, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Mcbussy(m): 9:59am On Nov 25, 2015
samintegrity:

There's only one explanation, ur driver isnt properly installed, check or Google aw to install mtk drive manually, dus shd solve it, buh if u did installed manually and still same which I doubt,try change port u connected to.

Lemme see if I can get u d link..brb

Modified * how to manually install vcom driver

https://forum..com/thread-440.html

Am sure the link wont appear correctly jst check d image I attached to get d full url

Thanx for ur efforts, I've seen several directions to the manual installation and tried different approaches. My problem with installing manually is that the phone displays as YunOS ACB interface on Windows 10.

When I uninstall the YunOS ACB, it shows me MT65??, then when I try to install the VCOM driver, the windows says it's d wrong driver. Don't ask, I av already disabled driver signature. Looking at the files in the driver folder, it's only XP, Vista and Windows 7 versions I see in all I have downloaded. By now, they should have rolled out an update for windows 10. I guess dis is part of the inconveniences of buying cheap brands cos other brands would av rolled out OTA updates without all these tech wahala. Even dying blackberry keep rolling out OTA updates for a model as old as Q10. Shame on infinix, this phone was launched dis year for sh*t sake.

I don tire jare. lipsrsealed
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2015
Mcbussy:

Thanx for ur efforts, I've seen several directions to the manual installation and tried different approaches. My problem with installing manually is that the phone displays as YunOS ACB interface on Windows 10.

When I uninstall the YunOS ACB, it shows me MT65??, then when I try to install the VCOM driver, the windows says it's d wrong driver. Don't ask, I av already disabled driver signature. Looking at the files in the driver folder, it's only XP, Vista and Windows 7 versions I see in all I have downloaded. By now, they should have rolled out an update for windows 10. I guess dis is part of the inconveniences of buying cheap brands cos other brands would av rolled out OTA updates without all these tech wahala. Even dying blackberry keep rolling out OTA updates for a model as old as Q10. Shame on infinix, this phone was launched dis year for sh*t sake.

I don tire jare. lipsrsealed

My broda u got it wrong, I installed that same vcom driver on my win10 same msg that says its d wrong driver, jst install it manually anyways it shd work same procedure I used for mine
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Mcbussy(m): 10:48am On Nov 25, 2015
samintegrity:

My broda u got it wrong, I installed that same vcom driver on my win10 same msg that says its d wrong driver, jst install it manually anyways it shd work same procedure I used for mine

It is the manual procedure that says it's d wrong driver before it reinstalls the YunOS Phone thing

Got it at last cheesy
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Carlcaresophia: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2015
bastien:
Please how much will it cost to repair my touch and how many weeks will it stay at infinix office
Hi Bastien, about the price and repair time, you need to counsel with our local Carlcare Service Center directly, our colleagues there will check it for you. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and country you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Carlcaresophia: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2015
honeymills:
Hi all, please I need help. I got this infinix 551 last week, and I upgraded to lollipop. I we having memory issues with the phone. My memory card still has about 1g of free memory and my phone has about 6gig but I can't even download a song of 4mb. It will queue up and end up saying no memory.. Pls somebody should help me oo
Hi Honeymills, you can try to delete some files that you do not use usually. If there is still problem, you can try to restore factory settings, but remember to back up important files. If the problem still exists, you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and country you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Carlcaresophia: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2015
Talktrue2:
Help anyone.... My infinix hot note pro 16/2gig only charge on my system.. It cant load media storage..... And i want to upgrade... Hv anyone experienced this b4
Hi Talktrue2, you can try to reboot your phone or change an USB cable. If there is still problem, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2015
Mcbussy:

It is the manual procedure that says it's d wrong driver before it reinstalls the YunOS Phone thing

Got it at last cheesy

Glad to hear that. grin

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Fred4life(m): 11:46am On Nov 25, 2015
GUYS PLS ADVICE ME, AM STILL ON KITKAT, IS IT ADVICEABLE FOR ME TO PORT TO LOLLIPOP......
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2015
Fred4life:
GUYS PLS ADVICE ME, AM STILL ON KITKAT, IS IT ADVICEABLE FOR ME TO PORT TO LOLLIPOP......

Yes the latest XUI 1.0.6 is sweet
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by deo966(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
pikapizy:

do you know anyone in Delta who can help? around agbor/asaba

Alright lemme check
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 2baga(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
tecnolad:

you can't unlock without losing data, at least to my knowledge. those commands above are security commands that can help you with the recovery of your privacy protection password. the third command should help. try sending it to the number you set as your emergency contact and see if it does the expected magic.

Thanks bro, as expected i lost all data on the phone memory, but i'v upgraded to the latest lollipop

I am grateful grin grin grin
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 2baga(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Carlcaresophia:

Hi 2baga, it means you had set anti-theft function with your old simcard before. To unlock the phone, you can either input the protection code you set before, or cancel the anti-theft function. To cancel the anti-theft setting, you need to insert your old simcard, and follow below steps: setting----Security----Mobile anti-theft---cancel. If there is still problem, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!

Thanks sophia, as expected i lost all data on the phone memory, but i'v upgraded to the latest lollipop
now i am good to go

I am grateful
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by primeson1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
Price now revealed

Infinix Note 2 16 gig 2gig ram... 31,000

Infinix Note 2 16gig 1 gig ram... 27,300

Contact me and get yours
Jumia sales consultant

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
ojialo:
who is playing Godfire with this phone?
Mine didn't work. I had to uninstall it. Sh!t was all white... Blank.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
primeson1:
Price now revealed

Contact me and get yours
Jumia sales consultant

they can hold that of 31k for all i care, would have press the buy button if it was to be a 3gb ram.....i cant change my note pro for any of this biko

1gb ram or 1.5gb ram?? either ways i aint buying till i see infinix 3gb ram with at least 5.5inch with a 4000mah above
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Warfibabe(f): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
saasala:

Babe, I am already having exactly same issues... How were you able to solve yours
hello there....
I just took the advise of one the forumites. I got a new blackberry USB to use with my infinix charging head. dazall.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by saasala(m): 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Warfibabe:
hello there....
I just took the advise of one the forumites. I got a new blackberry USB to use with my infinix charging head. dazall.

Thanks...I just did same and problem solved.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Hotdiamond(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
primeson1:
Price now revealed

Contact me and get yours
Jumia sales consultant
I think I'll pass. 6" display no b here. I don't trust infinix with bezels.
The only 6 inch phone that felt really small. Is the Huawei ascend mate 7
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by mikool007(m): 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Owkay can any pls tell me hw to fix this........i set my wallpaper with one of my pictures foe the 1st time....nd nw all other wallpapers i set r js stagnant(portrait form)
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donprosper6(m): 12:38am On Nov 26, 2015
Hello guys ah wanna sell my hot note 5.1(lollipop ) OS 23k with tempered glass for proper screen protection with some other follow come accessories and it's neat just three weeks old
Call/whatsapp if you are interested: 07064991599
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2015
primeson1:
Price now revealed

Contact me and get yours
Jumia sales consultant
Wat are dia specs
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by smithwilliam: 8:11am On Nov 26, 2015
Please how can set my desired wallpaper to fit in rather than scrolling left and right to view the picture
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Shakiratemma(f): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2015
Pls help!! My music player dey misbehave.... Wenever i switch it on, e go play for 2mins den e go jst stop!!! D same tin happens wen i am play games....pls dnt knw wat 2 do? cry cry
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 9:25am On Nov 26, 2015
[quote author=stephinnoyewole post=40414374]
Wat are dia specs[/quote

GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G: HSDPA 900 /1900/ 2100
4G: LTE
SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro SIM, dual standby)

Design

Dimensions:
Weight:
Display: 6-inch, 720 x 1280 pixels (320 PPI), IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity and Compass

Hardware

Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
Processor Name: Mediatek MT6753
Graphics Processor: Mali-T720
RAM: 2 GB
Internal Storage: 16 GB
External Storage: microSD, up to 64 GB

Camera

Rear: 13 MP, 4864 x 2736 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps
Front-facing: 2 MP

Multimedia

Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,
Loudspeaker: Yes
Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
FM Radio: Yes

Connectivity

Bluetooth: v4.0
WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
GPS: Yes
USB: microUSB v2.0

Miscellaneous

Fast Charging – 15 min for 8 hours of usage.
Battery: 4040 mAh
Launch Date: November 27, 2015
Availability: December 2015
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 9:28am On Nov 26, 2015
Shakiratemma:
Pls help!! My music player dey misbehave.... Wenever i switch it on, e go play for 2mins den e go jst stop!!! D same tin happens wen i am play games....pls dnt knw wat 2 do? cry cry

Do you use Play Music? try resetting the phone but remember to backup your files
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by smithwilliam: 10:57am On Nov 26, 2015
ishittu:

Do you use Play Music? try resetting the phone but remember to backup your files
Shakiratemma:
she gets a response quickly to her request without delay but a fellow man request is snob and abandoned....is not fair sad

smithwilliam:
Please how can set my desired wallpaper picture to fit in...rather than scrolling left and right to view the centre picture

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by chidiezeh(m): 11:28am On Nov 26, 2015
I downloaded update and am trying to install it ...this is the response am getting

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by kaayposh: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2015
smithwilliam:
she gets a response quickly to her request without delay but a fellow man request is snob and abandoned....is not fair sad

why don't you post screenshots of ur home screen with the wallpaper. . .let's see if we can help you
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by smithwilliam: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2015
kaayposh:
why don't you post screenshots of ur home screen with the wallpaper. . .let's see if we can help you
I have to scroll twice before I can get the center picture mean while I want the center picture to stay fit without scrolling left and right to see it

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.