Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain (69098 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Masquerade Spotted In Spain / Sad! See This Instagram Page Insulting Black Men / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by ITbomb(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
That was before white men came and teach us to carry shitt

2 Likes

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by kay1one2(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Tomorrow someone will say the crusades were a christian agenda. The invasion of eastern europe by islam led the nations of western europe to start wars to take back what was originally theirs. Therefore islamists started the crusades by forcefully trying to spread islam into europe forcing the nations of western europe to fight back. Islam sucks!!!

3 Likes

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by sagewonders(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
black indeed

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by anonimi: 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Moors of Iberia

Further information: Umayyad conquest of Hispania and Al-Andalus

In 711 CE, the now Islamic Moors of Arab and Berber descent came from the North African country of Morocco and crossed the Strait of Gibraltar to get into the Iberian Peninsula and in a series of raids conquered Visigothic Christian Hispania. Their general, Tariq ibn-Ziyad, brought most of Iberia under Islamic rule in an eight-year campaign. They moved northeast across the Pyrenees Mountains, but were defeated by the Frank Charles Martel at the Battle of Poitiers in 732.
The Moorish state fell into civil conflict in 739 that lasted until 743, the conflict is known as the Berber Revolt. The Berbers revolted against the Arab aristocracy due to the oppression of them by the Arab ruling class. The Moors ruled in North Africa and in most of the Iberian peninsula for several centuries and the Umayyad Arab aristocracy ruled all the way from Damascus to Spain. Ibn Hazm the Moor polymath mentions how many of the Moor Caliphs in the Umayyad and Córdoba caliphates themselves had fair hair and light eyes. Ibn Hazm mentions not only did he prefer blondes, but also mentions how there was much shown interest in blondes in Al-Andalus amongst the rulers and regular Muslims.

More from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by alienvirus: 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
Sorry, too long. Cant read today. Maybe next weekend
You can't read? Ok. The summary is Islam brought civilization to the world.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by SomebodyLovesMe: 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
I love History and Art. Thanks for sharing.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Demmzy15(m): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
Unfortunately this great men were chased away by Prince Ferdinard and Princess Isabela, with the help of Christopher Columbus! They killed Muslims, Non-Catholic Christians(no offense my Catholic brothers) and Jews! The destruction was so great that the Jews had to run to the ottoman empire, that's why till today you can find Jews who speak Spanish in Turkey(Spaniard jews).

May God have mercy o embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Deltagiant: 12:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
Of course, i would have wished the Moorish history was a negroid one as we all wants to associate with greatness. Moors were not negroid even though their blood line has been passed down over generations through the Sahelian peoples of sub saharan Africa.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by elopee3000(m): 12:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
Black people did not build all this in black africa only to go to europe and build it story for the gods , mean while some parts of africa re still in darkness grin grin very soon they will us how black man rule germany in the year 1333 ad all the will tell us how leonardo da vinci is black man

6 Likes

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
Chai! I wish I can read this thing oo undecided

Life is short my brother...no time
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Flye: 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
Eyah.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
the longest thread on nairaland, 2015.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
alienvirus:

How possible?
Say that to the birds bruv
Civilization is haram cheesy
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
Thugnificient:
the longest thread on nairaland, 2015.

Thug?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by adeblow(m): 12:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
it is good to know that Muslims played an important in development of Europe and the world. these things have completely been written out of history.

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by AJ01(m): 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
how all this one take concern me mitcheww lubbish
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by tplacid: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
I think people on here should read a book written by Mathew Asholowo what's wrong with being black. You will realise that Africans were once kings but we lost it because of our disobedience to the one true God. Our time will come again that am sure of.

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by hunter21(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
intresting
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by alienvirus: 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

How possible?
Say that to the birds bruv
Civilization is haram cheesy
Ok. Have you sold your cloak to buy sword as instructed by Christian Jesus.

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by chigoizie7(m): 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
Proudly african, we will definitely conquer them all.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by redcliff: 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
All these things being said there by the op is not what matters to me right now. What matter is where the black race is being placed today in the scheme of things worldwide. "I get am before" no be property!

5 Likes

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by LastProphet: 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
anonimi:
Since when did Moors of North African become Negroes of sub-Saharan Africa

How many people are aware of how Blacks are racially discriminated against in Libya, Morocco, Algeria, Egypt etc?

Moors are north africans as u said my brother, i dont know why it is difficult for us to accept that our ancestors had no serious achievements

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by ajf(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
The question is how did the black race lose this enormous knowledge if we had it before? Why aren't we seeing the reflections of this civilizations now?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by praxisnetworks: 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
you are a madd man...islam ko jihad ni

xage:
Islam is the begining of civilization
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by MrPresident1: 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
We disobeyed God and are being punished for our sins.

Isaiah 29:14
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

This is the year of liberty. Black men will rule the world again, and forever! cool cool

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by praxisnetworks: 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
you are simpleton....not interested in educating you today...

elopee3000:
Black people did not build all this in black africa only to go to europe and build it story for the gods , mean while some parts of africa re still in darkness grin grin very soon they will us how black man rule germany in the year 1333 ad all the will tell us how leonardo da vinci is black man

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by anonimi: 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
LastProphet:
Moors are north africans as u said my brother, i dont know why it is difficult for us to accept that our ancestors had no serious achievements

We had serious achievements BEFORE the Sahara desert became fully dry and cut off exchange with other civilisations that leads to continuing development. Nevertheless we should not claim what is not ours in order to feel good uselessly.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by alienvirus: 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
Where is maclatunji, vedaxcool and co.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by praxisnetworks: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
you are quite read certainly....

Demmzy15:
Unfortunately this great men were chased away by Prince Ferdinard and Princess Isabela, with the help of Christopher Columbus! They killed Muslims, Non-Catholic Christians(no offense my Catholic brothers) and Jews! The destruction was so great that the Jews had to run to the ottoman empire, that's why till today you can find Jews who speak Spanish in Turkey(Spaniard jews).

May God have mercy o embarassed
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by praxisnetworks: 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
another mo.ron

alienvirus:
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Demmzy15(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
kay1one2:
Tomorrow someone will say the crusades were a christian agenda. The invasion of eastern europe by islam led the nations of western europe to start wars to take back what was originally theirs. Therefore islamists started the crusades by forcefully trying to spread islam into europe forcing the nations of western europe to fight back. Islam sucks!!!
You lied, the Muslims established Spain and Grenada. The Crusaders were bloodthirsty fools who killed all their way, they killed many Arab Christians(thinking they were Muslims), wiped out Jewish villages and killed Muslims!!!!

The reason for Crusades was that Muslims occupied Jerusalem and they want to clean up the land! Lol, they claimed to clean up but they committed atrocities against man, they even went to the extent of eating dead bodies!

No one should be proud of that, I can't be proud of murderers who claim to fight for Islam but kill indiscriminately. Women, children, infants weren't spared! Timur a so-called Muslim killed millions, but no Muslim is proud of that. He wanted to be like Genghis Khan, he killed Muslims, Jews, Hindus. Let's be reasonable!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.