Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella (25988 Views)

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by freshness2020: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Wondermental...
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by austinbrown: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
See talk o, the. Man use em walking stick divide river? Chai pure lie
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Royce704: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Just tankin God i ws nt in dat generation.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by canalily(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
bright007:
then this region must be entirely APC.........no PDP here
why cant you appear real for once?undecided habaangry
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
free2ryhme:
grin grin grin

No go area for PDP campaign

atleast brooms are allowed.

Oh dear......I guess this is one area where a PDP candidate won't be getting votes....and not because of the usual reasons.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by bright007(f): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
canalily:
why cant you appear real for once?undecided habaangry

Huh...are u referring to me?
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Blackfire(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
watchout for areas where brooms are taboo.
pdp loading...

1 Like

Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by canalily(m): 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
bright007:

Huh...are u referring to me?
arn't u bright007?undecided its u naa
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by shevi4mb(m): 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Iwoye Ketu, wow, i can remember when i was an FPY student there....my stay there was memorable, in d year 2013, durin d time of HomeZone generals.
The people of this community are very kind, their yoruba is kinda twisted, maybe due to the influence of the border town, they get their water mainly frm rainwater, wic they channel into a reservoir, and the male there are rough riders wen it cums to ridin bike. That the first place i'd ever see a cow being transported on a bike. lol

1 Like

Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by ElekeNtioba: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
yoruba celebrating backwardness...
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Jennifer89(f): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Richy4(m): 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
I just hope they don't post coppers there sha

Because they don't expect a girl that visited a hair dresser to wet the hair she spent money on when it was raining just because it is a sacrilege to use an umbrella
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by vanmusco(m): 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
d place is a lovely town. was der for fpy. good people.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by todayguest(m): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
Any body in the house, who can locate any place with a broom taboo? Scoreline remains: PDP 0 APC 1 *ha ha ha*
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by bright007(f): 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
canalily:
arn't u bright007?undecided its u naa
...so wat is it about my person?
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by seuncyrus(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Adeoba10:
U b FPY student?
i dey wonder too oh , anyway FPY odelemo 2013
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Well I heard its because rain hardly falls there. Using an umbrella is like you not wanting it to rain or something...
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Faraidi(m): 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by tee4naija(m): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Some customs are so retrogressive
U don't have to be derogatory of peoples' cultures. This is not as retrogressive as some cultures where people still feed on human flesh in Eastern Nigeria and where people are killed on the ground of possessing witchcraft. Some over-aged ladies in some cultures find it difficult to get married owing to over bloated bride price. These are cultural practices in some places and nobody is saying they are retrogressive. Going to those places and choosing to have anything to do with them is purely optional.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by canalily(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2015
bright007:
...so wat is it about my person?
put it real, pls i beg you.sad
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by canalily(m): 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
Rennee:
Well I heard its because rain hardly falls there. Using an umbrella is like you not wanting it to rain or something...
so you are here mainly for guys huhmm?undecided
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by KingsleyCEO: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Anti PDP gods, they allow the use of brooms but no to umbrella. God is watching you people on 3D lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin

Jona must still win shall!
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by bright007(f): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
canalily:
put it real, pls i beg you.sad

I don't get u bro....adjusts my bra
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
grin
Joke right
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Pamcrest(f): 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
Does it rain there? cheesy
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Adeoba10(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
seuncyrus:

i dey wonder too oh , anyway FPY odelemo 2013
U geh mawt, Odogbolu 2012
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by canalily(m): 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
bright007:

I don't get u bro....adjusts my bra
shocked oh! so u removed ur bra 4meundecided....thats nt ur real self i know
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by kheart(m): 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
grin hehehe so d whole community ll not cast deir vote for d umbrela
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by gbemi514: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
I can c y it hardly rains heavily in dat village....spent up 2 11mnths dere wen i went 4 my farm industrial training in 2012....all d same it's fun 2 b dere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa / Arrival Of New Olubadan - Saliu Adetunji / Ohi Of Okene, HRH Isah Okatahi Holds Grand Reception Of His Coronation In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.