Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

In Love Wit My Frnd's Ex - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / In Love Wit My Frnd's Ex (609 Views)

Photos Of A Fish Born Wit Name Of God Written On It That Have Got People Talking / I'm In Love With Letter 'M' Because Of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Love Wit My Frnd's Ex by kbams241: 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
salamalaikum.my name is ahmed
mohammed nid urgent answer on dis
pls..and if possible islamic qoutations
too...is t permissible islamically to marry a
friend;s ex gal friend...my frnd apens to b
a christian and d gal a muslim...de broke
up and i fell inlove wit her...barakallah fik
Re: In Love Wit My Frnd's Ex by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lol yeah. That's breaking "bro code" not Islamic laws.
Re: In Love Wit My Frnd's Ex by maclatunji: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
There's nothing wrong with a single Muslim marrying another Muslim within these rules:

"Forbidden to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters…”

[al-Nisa’ 4:23].

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

These are seven who are forbidden in marriage, according to the text and scholarly consensus; none of the scholars differed concerning this. End quote from al-Sharh al-Mumti‘, 12/53.

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/161629

There is nothing in Islam that says you cannot marry her but you might need to work on her level of understanding of Islam to have entered such a relationship with your non-Muslim friend in the first place.

1 Like

Re: In Love Wit My Frnd's Ex by kbams241: 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
maclatunji:
There's nothing wrong with a single Muslim marrying another Muslim within these rules:

"Forbidden to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters…”

[al-Nisa’ 4:23].

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

These are seven who are forbidden in marriage, according to the text and scholarly consensus; none of the scholars differed concerning this. End quote from al-Sharh al-Mumti‘, 12/53.

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/161629

There is nothing in Islam that says you cannot marry her but you might need to work on her level of understanding of Islam to have entered such a relationship with your non-Muslim friend in the first place.
jazakallahiran...i reli aprc8

(1) (Reply)

Off-salah Isn’t Off- Ramadhan (to The Menstruating Sister During Ramadhan) / Common Mistakes During Ramadan / Scholarship Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.