Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips (2242 Views)

Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / 3 Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth In 3 Days / Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dark lips are mostly caused by dehydration, over exposure to the sun and other lifestyle habits, these home remedies work to tackle this.

A lot of people have dark lips and would rather they were lighter, especially ladies as dark lips alter lip colours and totally makes the face dull.
Dark lips apart from being that way from birth for some may be due to lifestyle habits as smoking, dehydration, sun exposure, improper care and more.To take on dark lips, attention has to be paid to caring for them, so many treatments and remedies work for them but these ones are tried and tested, take a look:

1. Honey and Lemon Juice

Mix equal amounts of honey and lemon juice.

Apply the mix all over both lips and leave for about one hour.

Wipe this off with a wet towel and moisturize with a moisturizing lip balm.

The citrus extracts added to honey brings (pink) colour to the lips.

This mix can be refrigerated and stored for up to a week.

2. Red Beetroot

Beetroot work well to lighten dark lips. Massage both lips with a slice of beetroot as often as you can, using this as much as possible.

Make rubbing beetroot an everyday habit, this helps lips naturally and colours them up too. Using beetroot reveals lighter lips after few days of use.

3. Cucumber Juice

Chop/ blend cucumber, strain to get the juice and apply the juice all over lips daily. The difference will be obvious after a few weeks of daily use.
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
michaelobinna:
Dark lips are mostly caused by dehydration, over exposure to the sun and other lifestyle habits, these home remedies work to tackle this.

A lot of people have dark lips and would rather they were lighter, especially ladies as dark lips alter lip colours and totally makes the face dull.
Dark lips apart from being that way from birth for some may be due to lifestyle habits as smoking, dehydration, sun exposure, improper care and more.To take on dark lips, attention has to be paid to caring for them, so many treatments and remedies work for them but these ones are tried and tested, take a look:

1. Honey and Lemon Juice

Mix equal amounts of honey and lemon juice.

Apply the mix all over both lips and leave for about one hour.

Wipe this off with a wet towel and moisturize with a moisturizing lip balm.

The citrus extracts added to honey brings (pink) colour to the lips.

This mix can be refrigerated and stored for up to a week.

2. Red Beetroot

Beetroot work well to lighten dark lips. Massage both lips with a slice of beetroot as often as you can, using this as much as possible.

Make rubbing beetroot an everyday habit, this helps lips naturally and colours them up too. Using beetroot reveals lighter lips after few days of use.

3. Cucumber Juice

Chop/ blend cucumber, strain to get the juice and apply the juice all over lips daily. The difference will be obvious after a few weeks of daily use.
does it guarantee temporary pink lips or permanent pink lips?
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
Vessi:
does it guarantee temporary pink lips or permanent pink lips?
permanent
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
michaelobinna:
permanent
thank you.
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by anselm791(m): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
What's your source na? Or you really think we would be applying stuffs to our lips without a credible source?
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
anselm791:
What's your source na? Or you really think we would be applying stuffs to our lips without a credible source?
no one is forcing you to follow whats written up there
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by whizbee(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
Good write up
.meanwhile
Working on my rap album
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by anselm791(m): 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
michaelobinna:
no one is forcing you to follow whats written up there

I understand.
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by NuellaJ(f): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
anselm791:
What other source do u want?
Op is d source datzall gringrin
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by Emmyk(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Who doesn't wanna have pink lips like mine ? cheesy
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by anselm791(m): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
NuellaJ:
What other source do u want?
Op is d source datzall gringrin

Oh. In that case, I'd like to see a picture of Op's lips. No homo.
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
That no 1 is the bomb. I use to have dark lips before, making me look like an "igbo" smoker but after that the application of that honey and lemon mixture on my lips,i can give "kellan lutz's pink lips" a good run for his money.
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
That no 1 is the bomb. I use to have dark lips before, making me look like an "igbo" smoker but after that the application of that honey and lemon mixture on my lips,i can give "kellan lutz's pink lips" a good run for his money.
pics cheesy
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by hustleranthem(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2015
Wat about lime juice wit honey? Bcoz lemon is always hard to find..
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips by DOCTOR90: 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
hustleranthem:
Wat about lime juice wit honey? Bcoz lemon is always hard to find..
lime or lemon is d same

(1) (Reply)

Top 8 Foods That Help In Fighting Cancer / Natural Cure For Herpes Symptoms: Mighty Honey / Solution To Your Mouth Odor Is Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.