Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit (25539 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2015
CANTICLES:

The question is not who cause ? , it goes thus " is the spirit OF Error itself a person ? "

This is the only thing you can quote out of many points I raised undecided

What I posted is enough for a rational mind to conceive.

The question I asked you the other you couldn't attempt it but you rush here to quote only one line, what happen to rest of my point
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CANTICLES: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2015
Emusan:

This is the only thing you can quote out of many points I raised undecided

What I posted is enough for a rational mind to conceive.

The question I asked you the other you couldn't attempt it but you rush here to quote only one line, what happen to rest of my point

Just give urself some rest , I can see the guy is giving you headache and a tough time
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2015
CANTICLES:
Just give urself some rest , I can see the guy is giving you headache and a tough time

This is what you can come with after HE ALWAYS BOYCOTTS MOST OF MY POINTS which you can't see as a great DISGRACE ON HIS PART because of the same spirit which is in two of you.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CANTICLES: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2015
Maamin:

Nice qweshun @ blue letters

smiley
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by dolphinheart(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
As I've explained earlier , the holy spirit is not a person.
1. Anytime any has a vision of heaven ,sometimes they see jesus , sometimes they see an image they term to be jehovah always sitting on a throne , and sometimes they see both of them but they dnt see the holy spirit .

2. Jesus sits on Davids throne, jehovah sits on the heavenly throne, but the holy spirit does not have a throne .

3. When jehovah wants to speak to you , you sometimes see an expression of his presence, or you hear a voice, but he does not enter you . When jesus want to speak to you, you sometimes see an expression of his presence and sometimes you hear his voice , but he does not enter you.
The holy spirit mostimes fills u up , comes upon you to guide you .

4.If the holy spirit can be used for baptism like water, it can be distributed, it can enter and fill up a person , then I dnt think that it is a person.

5. The only begotten son of the almighty has a name,his name was not derived from any analogy but the bible specificaly and directly mentioned what that name is. The almighty himself has a name,his name was not derived from any analogy but the bible specificaly and directly tell us what his name is . Now pls does anyone know the name of the holy spirit, did the bible give holy spirit a name ?. I believe the answer is no cus holy spirit is not a person.

6. Jesus , while on earth, did not perform any powerful work until he was giving the holy spirit . Which he used in performing those powerful works .

7. One last thing to note is that mostimes in the bible , holy spirit is just expressed as "holy spirit" and the word "the" mostimes do not preceed " holy spirit".
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by johnw74: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2015
CANTICLES:

Let me repeat those 2 questions he asked again

1) why is the holyspirit NEVER said to have a throne if its a person ? Psalm 97:2

2) the spirit of truth was directly compared with spirit of error in 1JOH 4:6, is the SPIRIT OF ERROR a person ?

yes, the spirit of antichrist is in all persons that oppose Christ
the chief antichrist of course is he that is in the world - satan
the spirit of error is the antichrist - satan.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

he that is in the world is satan.

1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 13, 2015
fajesito:
The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity.  He is fully God. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, has a will, and can speak.  He is alive.  He is a person.  He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26).

Some cults that claim to be churches (they know themselves) say that the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a force (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 406-407). This is false.  If the Holy Spirit were merely a force, then He could not speak (Acts 13:2); He could not be grieved (Eph. 4:30); and He would not have a will (1 Cor. 12:11).

The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a person the same as the Father and the Son are within the Trinity.
Check out
https://carm.org/holy-spirit for better understanding

My friend, seems you are an apostate!!! but i leave u with your conscience, but to clear the air:
Personification does not prove personality. It is true that Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper” and spoke of such helper as ‘teaching,’ ‘bearing witness,’ ‘giving evidence,’ ‘guiding,’ ‘speaking,’ ‘hearing,’ and ‘receiving.’ In so doing, the original Greek shows Jesus at times applying the masculine personal pronoun to that “helper” (paraclete). (Compare Joh 14:16, 17, 26; 15:26; 16:7-15.) However, it is not unusual in the Scriptures for something that is not actually a person to be personalized or personified. Wisdom is personified in the book of Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36); and feminine pronominal forms are used of it in the original Hebrew, as also in many English translations. (KJ, RS, JP, AT) Wisdom is also personified at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.” The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.” (Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12) He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,” ‘working out covetousness,’ ‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’ (Ro 7:8-11) Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.

So, likewise with John’s account of Jesus’ words regarding the holy spirit, his remarks must be taken in context. Jesus personalized the holy spirit when speaking of that spirit as a “helper” (which in Greek is the masculine substantive pa·ra′kle·tos). Properly, therefore, John presents Jesus’ words as referring to that “helper” aspect of the spirit with masculine personal pronouns. On the other hand, in the same context, when the Greek pneu′ma is used, John employs a neuter pronoun to refer to the holy spirit, pneu′ma itself being neuter. Hence, we have in John’s use of the masculine personal pronoun in association with pa·ra′kle·tos an example of conformity to grammatical rules, not an expression of doctrine.—Joh 14:16, 17; 16:7, 8.

Lacks personal identification. Since God himself is a Spirit and is holy and since all his faithful angelic sons are spirits and are holy, it is evident that if the “holy spirit” were a person, there should reasonably be given some means in the Scriptures to distinguish and identify such spirit person from all these other ‘holy spirits.’ It would be expected that, at the very least, the definite article would be used with it in all cases where it is not called “God’s holy spirit” or is not modified by some similar expression. This would at least distinguish it as THE Holy Spirit. But, on the contrary, in a large number of cases the expression “holy spirit” appears in the original Greek without the article, thus indicating its lack of personality.—Compare Ac 6:3, 5; 7:55; 8:15, 17, 19; 9:17; 11:24; 13:9, 52; 19:2; Ro 9:1; 14:17; 15:13, 16, 19; 1Co 12:3; Heb 2:4; 6:4; 2Pe 1:21; Jude 20, Int and other interlinear translations.

How baptized in its “name.” At Matthew 28:19 reference is made to “the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.” A “name” can mean something other than a personal name. When, in English, we say, “in the name of the law,” or “in the name of common sense,” we have no reference to a person as such. By “name” in these expressions we mean ‘what the law stands for or its authority’ and ‘what common sense represents or calls for.’ The Greek term for “name” (o′no·ma) also can have this sense. Thus, while some translations (KJ, AS) follow the Greek text at Matthew 10:41 literally and say that the one that “receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet, shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man, shall receive a righteous man’s reward,” more modern translations say, “receives a prophet because he is a prophet” and “receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man,” or similar. (RS, AT, JB, NW) Thus, Robertson’s Word Pictures in the New Testament (1930, Vol. I, p. 245) says on Matthew 28:19: “The use of name (onoma) here is a common one in the Septuagint and the papyri for power or authority.” Hence baptism ‘in the name of the holy spirit’ implies recognition of that spirit as having its source in God and as exercising its function according to the divine will.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by johnw74: 4:29am On Mar 13, 2015
1) why is the holyspirit NEVER said to have a throne if its a person ? Psalm 97:2

God and Jesus have a Throne in the Temple in Heaven where they live
and the Holy Spirit lives in the temple - body of believers
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by johnw74: 4:41am On Mar 13, 2015
5. The only begotten son of the almighty has a name,his name was not derived from any analogy but the bible specificaly and directly mentioned what that name is. The almighty himself has a name,his name was not derived from any analogy but the bible specificaly and directly tell us what his name is . Now pls does anyone know the name of the holy spirit, did the bible give holy spirit a name ?. I believe the answer is no cus holy spirit is not a person.

The Holy spirit has a name and is a person

Mat 28:19 Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost are one God, one Spirit

The word name "anome" means a literal name, authority, character
the Holy Spirit has a name authority and character along with the Father and the Son

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus called the Holy Ghost the Comforter, Jesus said He is also our teacher.

Isa 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent me.

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

We have communion - fellowship with the Holy Ghost
it is God that we commune with

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

It is the Holy spirit who counsell's us.
Jesus can only be called counsellor and Father because the three persons are the One God.

1Co_3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co_3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2Co_6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The Holy Spirit lives in believers
God lives in believers
the Holy Spirit is God
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by dolphinheart(m): 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
@^^^^^

In one simple, straight forward explanation, what is the name of the holy spirit ?

What do u understand by baptism in the name of the holy spirit?

And the words you quoted from 1john 5:7 , is it in the earliest original manuscripts or not . Pls take time and prove to us the authenticity of that quote . Awaiting ur response
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idrismusty97:
11. Forgetting that It is all in your imagination!
hmmm muslim brother ...if u wnt to know if its in the imagination just try and come closer and see for ur self
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Horus:
Pentecostalists claim that when the Holy Spirit comes to you, you speaking in tongues, or Glossolalia. Glossolalia comes from the Greek word Glossa and it literally means, "tongue." They claim the "lord" is passing a message through them and that one may be blessed with the divine gift of speaking in tongues (languages). Yet, Pentecostalists don't speak in other tongues. Instead, they fall out on the floor and start babbling and muttering, while moaning and talking undecipherable mumbo-jumbo.
chairman what are u saying?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
Angelou:
are you guys trying to say that the holy spirit is equal to god.. SMH even the son can neva be of equal status with "the father"
.......come on.... what makes up an egg?.
shell , white part , york.. which is greater? ....GOD- FATHER ,SON &HOLYSPIRIT. ...The father is God , The son is GOD and the holyspirit is GOD.. just the way we worship the father and the son...we can worship the holyspirit.. the father is not greater than the son,neither is the son than the holyspirit..... the reason why u see Jesus giving honour to the father so much that it seems as if the father is greater its not because of that but it is the mode of their operation. thank you...if u wnt to know more ask polite questions no insults.u
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
ademega:
I have seen people that they always hide under the name of holy spirit to do evil.
yes sir... bt i hope u are not using a part to describe a whole.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
Rajjah:
3 in 1 God? hmmmmm.m.
.... 5 in 1 you.....
you see , smell,touch ,ear,taste and talk at the same time just to mention but a few..u are even more complicated than the 3 in 1 God u dnt bliv
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

RESEARCH more .... The greek word translated 'helper' in John 16:13 carries a masculine gender , thats why its perfectly normal for Jesus to personify the holyspirit with "he" while refferin to "helper" , the holyspirit itself was personified .

Its not uncommon to see such examples of things personified in the scriptures

FOOT speaks ( 1 cor 12: 15)

The EAR talks { 1 cor 12:16}

Trees are said to be rejoicing in psalm 96:11,12

Mountains sing ( Isa 55:12)

Trees Clap Their Hands ( Isa 55:12)

ALL ARE PERSONIFICATION.

BUT if u still insist according to your dogma that the holyspirit is a person, then answer this .

1) why does the holyspirit appear as a dove, and also as tongue BUT NEVER as a person ?

2) since the dogma says holyspirit is a person, and every so - called christian claimed to have it, so how many holyspirits exist since millions of people say that person lives within them ?

3) if the holyspirit is a person , arent u sayin it had sex with MARY ?
....just one thing u are missing... the fact they said he is person doesnt mean they said he his human... Christians are taking him like an ordinary power but his not just power....it means he his living and he speaks ...he also fellowship with us .he can also be grieved..although he is not human but he has humanly kinds of character ...he can be happy or sad.. but he his perfectly holy....dnt insult anyone.. only ask polite questions...for more clarity..

PLZ DOWLOAD PDF ...GOOD MORNING HOLYSPIRIT . BY BENNY HINN..
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Thank you ! Descend as a DOVE , WOW! We are still sayin the same thing, Infact Luke 3:22 says 'descends in BODILY FORM, AS A DOVE' ! ... Even an illiterate person readin this knows we are talkin about a Dove's Bodily Appearance , WHY DOES it descend in a Dove Bodily Form AND NEVA as a person ??

Lol .. So ur god is everywhere, in the hole of crab, hole of ants, in the fictional hellfire too e.t.c

moreover, are u sayin holyspirit is God , SHOW me where the bible said " holyspirit is God Almighty" ?
Didnt U Say Its A Person? So who impregnate Mary ?
....Ehya u not a believer... u are one of the islam brothers that takes the bible and read just to argue ...they thought its a novel... brother.. u cannt tlk one out of it by saying sugar is not swit...when he as already tasted of it.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Angelou:
the holy spirit is god's active force and not god himself and jesus himself is God's creation..... the doctrine of trinity is just a mere fabrication of the roman emperor constantine
..... THE grace of our lord Jesus christ the love of God and the fellowship of the holyspirit.... do u mean that u have been fellowshipping with a force?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
thorpido:
I thought you wanted to learn.I didn't know you are one of those clowns.
.....dnt call him a clown. plz. do u think dt fact that u are a believer can make u insult someone else and go away with it?...dnt because u wnt to correct som1 fall in thesame pit.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Rajjah(f): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2015
juligon:
.... 5 in 1 you.....
you see , smell,touch ,ear,taste and talk at the same time just to mention but a few..u are even more complicated than the 3 in 1 God u dnt bliv
ha
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MizJanet(f): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
juligon:
....Ehya u not a believer... u are one of the islam brothers that takes the bible and read just to argue ...they thought its a novel... brother.. u cannt tlk one out of it by saying sugar is not swit...when he as already tasted of it.

Are you a newbie ? Your bible call your God the Holyspirit an "It"

" the spirit It.self maketh intercession for us" _ Romans 8:26 !

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizJanet:

...only kjv made a misplacement of words...am very sure they dont really meant it the way u are tlking it.

if not see for urself

:Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
NIV:But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
AMP:But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].
KJV:He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
NIV:He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
AMP:He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
Rajjah:
ha
yes dear ...who knows if an alien in some other planet is finding u complicated?..because u can do 5 things at thesame time.... #rajafff.... u cant understand only by the spirit.. or do u wnt to experience it?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizJanet:

...ofcos am a newbie.... oldbies cant understand this open mystery ... are they still Christians finding it difficult to understand?... pastors and minister knows this things ...they shuld try and preach more of the personality of the holyspirit
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by juligon: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
dolphinheart:
As I've explained earlier , the holy spirit is not a person.
1. Anytime any has a vision of heaven ,sometimes they see jesus , sometimes they see an image they term to be jehovah always sitting on a throne , and sometimes they see both of them but they dnt see the holy spirit .

2. Jesus sits on Davids throne, jehovah sits on the heavenly throne, but the holy spirit does not have a throne .

3. When jehovah wants to speak to you , you sometimes see an expression of his presence, or you hear a voice, but he does not enter you . When jesus want to speak to you, you sometimes see an expression of his presence and sometimes you hear his voice , but he does not enter you.
The holy spirit mostimes fills u up , comes upon you to guide you .

4.If the holy spirit can be used for baptism like water, it can be distributed, it can enter and fill up a person , then I dnt think that it is a person.

6. Jesus , while on earth, did not perform any powerful work until he was giving the holy spirit . Which he used in performing those powerful works .

7. One last thing to note is that mostimes in the bible , holy spirit is just expressed as "holy spirit" and the word "the" mostimes do not preceed " holy spirit".
...add me on watssaap 08104221989... no offense o... after we talk for a while about the spirit...then u can delete me... ..if others also want to know more u can add me lets chat... although am nt in for arguement... muslims are free to add.. no prob
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by dolphinheart(m): 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
juligon:
...add me on watssaap 08104221989... no offense o... after we talk for a while about the spirit...then u can delete me... ..if others also want to know more u can add me lets chat... although am nt in for arguement... muslims are free to add.. no prob

Let's discuss here, no arguments.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MizJanet(f): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MizJanet(f): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
juligon:
...only kjv made a misplacement of words...am very sure they dont really meant it the way u are tlking it.

Itself is used for a thing or an animal , u know ?

:Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
NIV:But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
AMP:But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the

" He" indeeeed!!! , Pls explain Mathew 1:18 ?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MizJanet(f): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
juligon:

"Itself " is used to identify a thing or an animal , you know ?

AMP:But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him],

"He" indeeeed!!!! , pls explain Matthew_ 1:18 ?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MizJanet(f): 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
juligon:

"Itself " is used to identify a thing , you know ?

AMP:But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him],

"He" indeeeed!!!! , pls explain Matthew_ 1:18 ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Rajjah(f): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
juligon:
yes dear ...who knows if an alien in some other planet is finding u complicated?..because u can do 5 things at thesame time.... #rajafff.... u cant understand only by the spirit.. or do u wnt to experience it?
no, I 'll pass
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by SonOfEl(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
fajesito:
The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity.  He is fully God. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, has a will, and can speak.  He is alive.  He is a person.  He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26).

Some cults that claim to be churches (they know themselves) say that the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a force (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 406-407). This is false.  If the Holy Spirit were merely a force, then He could not speak (Acts 13:2); He could not be grieved (Eph. 4:30); and He would not have a will (1 Cor. 12:11).

The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a person the same as the Father and the Son are within the Trinity.
Check out
https://carm.org/holy-spirit for better understanding

I don't believe in Trinity, I don't believe in 3 persons/beings coming together as one God. its a 325AD invention. I believe in one God/Spirit, in 3 redemptive offices/titles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Contradicting Prophecies Abound On Anambra Governorship Election Outcome / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / Mechanic Going To Church With Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.