Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! (1312 Views)

Using Your Simple Server Configured Android Device On Ur Pc Via Hotspot, / How To Receive Files From A Bluetooth Enabled Device On Ubuntu(linux). / How To Use Mtn Bis On Windows10 Store On Pc Via Simple Server [ 2015] Read More: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by live4ever: 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Help! Can't Receive files unto my PC again via Bluetooth!

I must av deactivated the receive via Bluetooth button somewhere, somehow, cos I can still send OUT via Bluetooth to other devices.

Pls anyone out there with solution that doesn't av to do with system restore cos that's not working for me?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by gaburiel(m): 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
Since you can still see other devices and send to them it means it is not deactivated, can other devices find your system if you search, if not, it means you might be invisible, you just need to right click on the bluetooth button and check the allow other devices to find this device button, but if other devices can see the system, what error message does it give on the device you are trying to use to send before it disconnects
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by femi4: 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
live4ever:
Help! Can't Receive files unto my PC again via Bluetooth!

I must av deactivated the receive via Bluetooth button somewhere, somehow, cos I can still send OUT via Bluetooth to other devices.

Pls anyone out there with solution that doesn't av to do with system restore cos that's not working for me?[color=#990000][/color]
"Allow other device to find my PC" greys out. It is windows error, no simple solution for now apart from re installing window
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by live4ever: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
gaburiel:
Since you can still see other devices and send to them it means it is not deactivated, can other devices find your system if you search, if not, it means you might be invisible, you just need to right click on the bluetooth button and check the allow other devices to find this device button, but if other devices can see the system, what error message does it give on the device you are trying to use to send before it disconnects

Thanks man. Its actually visible to other devices whenever
I search for it. However it fails to received from them & can only send files
. Message on device is "fails to connect to windows device".

Even for previously paired devices that av used it with before. The PC can play device music but still can't receive files with above message.

As for d regular Bluetooth icon, its no longer visible on d tasksbar nor the taskbar icon setup page.

What could be wrong?
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by live4ever: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
femi4:
"Allow other device to find my PC" greys out. It is windows error, no simple solution for now apart from re installing window

Chairman, is that not an extreme measure for the issue at hand? I believe we can still solve it without going that far. Can't we try other means?
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by femi4: 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
live4ever:

Chairman, is that not an extreme measure for the issue at hand? I believe we can still solve it without going that far. Can't we try other means?
I m telling you, not even Microsoft could solve the problem.
I experienced it with vista, win 7 and now win 8.1
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by gaburiel(m): 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
live4ever:

Thanks man. Its actually visible to other devices whenever
I search for it. However it fails to received from them & can only send files
. Message on device is "fails to connect to windows device".

Even for previously paired devices that av used it with before. The PC can play device music but still can't receive files with above message.

As for d regular Bluetooth icon, its no longer visible on d tasksbar nor the taskbar icon setup page.

What could be wrong?

You could try re-installing the driver, go to the website of your laptop company, look for your laptop model and download the latest model.
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by live4ever: 2:11am On Mar 10, 2015
femi4:
I m telling you, not even Microsoft could solve the problem.
I experienced it with vista, win 7 and now win 8.1

Wow! But Femi, what cld be responsible for dis issue? I mean what cld av caused it?
Its good to know so as to prevent a re-occurrence.
Re: Help! Çan't Receive Files Again On My PC Via Bluetooth! by live4ever: 2:13am On Mar 10, 2015
gaburiel:

You could try re-installing the driver, go to the website of your laptop company, look for your laptop model and
download the latest model.

Driver of d Bluetooth device?? Ok wld try this too. Thanks man!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help M Where Can I Have My Dell Pc Repaired In Lagos,i Stay In Abeokuta / How To Check Your Windows Laptop Battery Health / LENOVO 1tb_core I5_8gb Ram For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.