Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned (1214 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Banned / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by cutebobo(m): 12:00am On Mar 08, 2015
I still dont understand why a film like this is not banned. if u carefully notice from the first season till the current season, they are promoting terrorism. Why on earth will they make such a film so real when some part of the world is being affected. Come to think of it, if the islamic terrorist are watching this movie, what do u think is happening? they are gaining lot from it in terms of the skills and so many ideas not known to them before.
'24hrs' is not only the film promoting such act, one bad example is also 'strike back'. i really don't feel comfortable anytime i stumble into films like this. its as if they showing reality show. Please guys, say something about it.
Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Lolarez: 12:02am On Mar 08, 2015
Go and sleep! There, u have my comment grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 08, 2015
You don't get it. They are trying to tell you good will always prevail over evil at the end no matter how it starts or goes on. Jack baker always sends the terrorists to their grave or to kirikiri prison for their terrorist offence. Terrorists should bear it in mind they will end 7 like terrorists in 24. I love that series to the core. Still my best.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by kilokeys(m): 12:14am On Mar 08, 2015
the western world would never give u current trends

they are two steps ahead..

so it would be at the misfortune of terrorists if they learnt from movies..

white house down, olympus has fallen.. are examples.

it would be laughable if terrorists tried that.
Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Glowstone(m): 12:18am On Mar 08, 2015
guy don't be so obsessed, those guys are making their money gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Enegod(m): 12:26am On Mar 08, 2015
smh
Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by uboma(m): 6:42am On Mar 08, 2015
The movie 24 has taught me to always be on the alert and think ahead. I am now more cautious of people around me and my environment especially on security matters.

It pays to see the movie because you will be more enlightened.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by cutebobo(m): 8:06am On Mar 08, 2015
uboma:
The movie 24 has taught me to always be on the alert and think ahead. I am now more cautious of people around me and my environment especially on security matters.

It pays to see the movie because you will be more enlightened.
so you saying that those at the northern part of nigeria are not being cautious enough
Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2015
cutebobo:
I still dont understand why a film like this is not banned. if u carefully notice from the first season till the current season, they are promoting terrorism. Why on earth will they make such a film so real when some part of the world is being affected. Come to think of it, if the islamic terrorist are watching this movie, what do u think is happening? they are gaining lot from it in terms of the skills and so many ideas not known to them before.
'24hrs' is not only the film promoting such act, one bad example is also 'strike back'. i really don't feel comfortable anytime i stumble into films like this. its as if they showing reality show. Please guys, say something about it.

First of all, let's define the term 'To Promote'. Urban dictionary defines the term as to support or actively encourage. Now, let's try to solve the theme of 24 using this definition:

24 is a TV show, where the plot revolve around two things: good vs evil. Evil invariably sets out to destroy, while Good always save the day at the tenth hour. The show's aims were simple: To let the audience know how the world works, to let 'em know what motivates the terrorist, and most importantly, why they (terrorist) must be stopped by any means possible. That's not promoting, bro, that's creating AWARENESS. 24 is a show specifically created to educate, instruct as well as entertain the audiences - It's theme being COUNTER-TERRORISM and all.

If it were intended to promote terrorism, then, Evil would have been at the protagonist role, Good the antagonist, and the theme would be only 'Terrorism', instead of 'Counter-Terrorism'.

Don't write what you don't know, bro.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Gr8lex(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=cutebobo post=31408004]I still dont understand why a film like this is not banned. if u carefully notice from the first season till the current season, they are promoting terrorism. Why on earth will they make such a film so real when some part of the world is being affected. Come to think of it, if the islamic terrorist are watching this movie, what do u think is happening? they are gaining lot from it in terms of the skills and so many ideas not known to them before.
'24hrs' is not only th
OP, pls stick to ur Mount Zion movies.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Gr8lex(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
OP, stick to ur Mount Zion movies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Vivly(f): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
Gr8lex:
LMAO. Or the ancient Nollywood movies.
Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Gr8lex(m): 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Vivly:
LMAO. Or the ancient Nollywood movies.
Gbam. You get am.
Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by Karleb(m): 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
Gr8lex:

gringringringringringringrin
Re: Reasons Why A Film Like '24hrs' Should Be Banned by parrotibaba(m): 12:14am On Mar 10, 2015
@op don't be ridiculous ,shows like 24 n homeland r showing u d consequences of terrorism ,how it affects d lives of d terrorists n d counter terrorists (be it d CIA or any intelligence) ,how it is tackled and so on ,u think real terrorists will gain anything watching dis shows? as if it's how de r currently operating...

(1) (Reply)

Ait's Upcoming Documentaries / Geoffrey Barkas, The Man Who Made The First Film In Nigeria / Muslim Girl Twerks In Public With Hijab (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.