Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos (25169 Views)

Politicians Hire Marabouts, Pastors To Pray For Buhari’s Death: Lauretta Onochie / Thousands Of Shiites Hold Prayers In Bauchi For The Release Of El-Zakzaky (pics) / 25,000 Pastors Hold Prayers For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by henchamb(m): 4:04am On Mar 08, 2015
25,000 pastors and evangelists in the South-West are to hold a special prayer session for the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, and his running mate, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday, at Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.

According to the coordinator of the programme, Bishop Kayode Williams, the ministers of God will come together to seek divine support for Buhari and Osinbajo.

Williams, who revealed that the spiritual exercise, tagged “Divine Restoration of Nigeria Glory”, is being organized to disabuse the minds of Nigerians about the wrong impression being created about Buhari. “We are four spearheading this prayer session: My humble self, Rev. Moses Iloh, Archbishop Magnus Atilade and Deacon Ayo Opadokun. We are against wrong information being fed members of the public about Buhari.

For those of us that followed the track record of Buhari while he was in public service, we know that this man is not a religious bigot. Buhari is an upright man and not anti-Christ as some people want to portray him,” he declared.

While describing the prayer session as a unique event, Williams implored Nigerians not to use religion to confuse people or to divide Nigerians.

“First and foremost, we should see ourselves as one. We are all Nigerians. We should not allow politics to divide us or cause bitterness among us. We should love one another. It is wrong for anybody or group to say Christians are against Buhari – to us, Buhari is a righteous Nigerian, and Christianity preaches righteousness, and we want righteous people in leadership, and this is why we are organizing this prayer for Buhari to be the next leader of this country”, he stated.

While reminding Nigerians that the country is a secular state, Williams implored Nigerians to be tolerant of one another’s faith, views and opinions.

The cleric revealed that the programme will have in attendance as special guests Buhari, and Osinbajo and other eminent Personalities.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/25000-pastors-hold-prayers-for-buhari-in-lagos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by henchamb(m): 4:06am On Mar 08, 2015
this is a battle between the recipients of 7 billion Naira and those that did not receive

153 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 08, 2015
Good one from the real men of God. Most of us know Buhari is not a religious bigot as some people want us to believe. The people who have been spreading falsehood about Buhari are mainly from certain part of Nigeria. They know nothing except to blackmail and lie about Buhari. We know them very well.

Now I expect the children of hate, bitterness and blackmail to come here and do what they know how to do best.

201 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 08, 2015
As much as I support Buhari, this religious gambit has got to stop.

I don't want anybody to tie the General's name to any religious group.

The 25,000 pastors should spend their time praying for Jonathan's safe trip back to Otuoke.

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by ellechrystal(f): 4:57am On Mar 08, 2015
sincerenigerian:
Good one from the real men of God. Most of us know Buhari is not a religious bigot as some people want us to believe. The people who have been spreading falsehood about Buhari are mainly from certain part of Nigeria. They know nothing except to blackmail and lie about Buhari. We know them very well.

Now I expect the children of hate, bitterness and blackmail to come here and do what they know how to do best.
One good advice, in this life. Learn to speak only for ur self, not because u like him or want to vote him means u know him
Only God knows his mind, n only God's will shall b done.
I wish these pastors could spend their tym praying for Nigeria. D peace of Nigeria, n ask for God's will .
There is always something about political pastors..
Me I say, Let d will of God b done

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by dabigwalls: 5:01am On Mar 08, 2015
Where were they in the first 3 efforts made by the amiable General? They were busy voting other candidates. Ayo Opadokun is an APC card carrying member (correct me if I'm wrong) so I see some measure of desperation in this. GMB does not need this.

It is absolutely unnecessary and the continued ab-use of God and His things will soon backfire on these politicians who give no thoughts to expanding God's kingdom on earth but their partisan kingdoms.

As some of the jokers on this forum would say, the fire from heaven that will fall on these politician pastors is on fuel queue.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by ellechrystal(f): 5:03am On Mar 08, 2015
henchamb:
this is a battle between the recipients of 7 billion Naira and those that did not receive
U think?? Lol.
The true men of God don't even get entangled with the things of d world, not even our dirty nigerian politics, they spend more tym on intercession, n quietly seeking for d will of God.
U don't even hear them in situations like this...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by agabusta: 5:06am On Mar 08, 2015
GMB!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Rad1cal: 5:33am On Mar 08, 2015
Tinubu bribe money shared.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by temitemi1(m): 5:35am On Mar 08, 2015
You have spoken my Mind!
ellechrystal:

U think?? Lol.
The true men of God don't even get entangled with the things of d world, not even our dirty nigerian politics, they spend more tym on intercession, n quietly seeking for d will of God.
U don't even hear them in situations like this...

9 Likes

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by bros12345: 5:51am On Mar 08, 2015
My pastor, David Oyedepo will not be there. His pastor, Adeboye will not be there. Kumuyi will not be there. Muoka will not be there. Sam Adeyemi will not be there. Poju will not be there. Mike Okonkwo will not be there. Ashimolowo will not be there

Even their own man Bakare may not be there.

So who are these men?

Hungry political jobbers.

Though I will like to be there if the pay is up to 300k per person. Please help me find out.

Nonsense

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Johnnyessence(m): 5:51am On Mar 08, 2015
no need to argue here hmmmmm GMB is winning on every side GMB wins in 26-27 state so forget ooooo march 28 we are ready .without fasting and praying nothing can happen so we are fully ready to vote we are fully ready to pray.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by PrettyClare7(f): 6:05am On Mar 08, 2015
lemme hear that they didnt or wont pay tithe for this

1 Like

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by xest(m): 6:14am On Mar 08, 2015
henchamb:
25,000 pastors and evangelists in the South-West are to hold a special prayer session for the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, and his running mate, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday, at Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.
According to the coordinator of the programme, Bishop Kayode Williams, the ministers of God will come together to seek divine support for Buhari and Osinbajo.
Williams, who revealed that the spiritual exercise, tagged “Divine Restoration of Nigeria Glory”, is being organized to disabuse the minds of Nigerians about the wrong impression being created about Buhari. “We are four spearheading this prayer session: My humble self, Rev. Moses Iloh, Archbishop Magnus Atilade and Deacon Ayo Opadokun. We are against wrong information being fed members of the public about Buhari.
catholic buhariFor those of us that followed the track record of Buhari while he was in public service, we know that this man is not a religious bigot. Buhari is an upright man and not anti-Christ as some people want to portray him,” he declared.
While describing the prayer session as a unique event, Williams implored Nigerians not to use religion to confuse people or to divide Nigerians.
“First and foremost, we should see ourselves as one. We are all Nigerians. We should not allow politics to divide us or cause bitterness among us. We should love one another. It is wrong for anybody or group to say Christians are against Buhari – to us, Buhari is a righteous Nigerian, and Christianity preaches righteousness, and we want righteous people in leadership, and this is why we are organizing this prayer for Buhari to be the next leader of this country”, he stated.
While reminding Nigerians that the country is a secular state, Williams implored Nigerians to be tolerant of one another’s faith, views and opinions.
The cleric revealed that the program will have in attendance as special guests Buhari, and Osinbajo and other eminent personalities

source; http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/25000-pastors-hold-prayers-for-buhari-in-lagos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
wolves in sheep clothing, were did dey spring up from now. All this self acclaimed pastors. Go n pray for ur sins to be forgiven instead of wasting tym praying for buhari, cos d payer a sinner is an abomination in d sight of God.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Johnnyessence(m): 6:15am On Mar 08, 2015
xest:
wolves in sheep clothing, were did dey spring up from now. All this self acclaimed pastors. Go n pray for ur sins to be forgiven instead of wasting tym praying for buhari, cos d payer a sinner is an abomination in d sight of God.
so Gej roaming from one G.o to another traditional king is a saints abi hmmm.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by OgaTheTop2: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2015
Good and progressive pastors. In fact, the pastors should concentrate their prayers on safe return of Jonathan and madam no brain back to Otuoke. Enough is enough!

Sai Buhari

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari needs prayer against attacks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Bifwoli: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2015
These clever Pastors must be praying for GMB to fail.

Coz surely they can't pray for a man inclined towards outlawing their preacher jobs thru sharia law.

4 Likes

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by dhardline(m): 6:31am On Mar 08, 2015
25000? Dey don come again with another 1.
Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by spott(m): 6:33am On Mar 08, 2015
Bifwoli:
These clever Pastors must be praying for GMB to fail.

Coz surely they can't pray for a man inclined towards outlawing their preacher jobs thru sharia law.

When Buhari was head of state with decree and power his deputy also a Muslim, why did he not enforce sharia so is it now in a democratic system it will happen?

I am a Christian and I support GMB.

Say no to bigotry!

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2015
sincerenigerian:
Good one from the real men of God. Most of us know Buhari is not a religious bigot as some people want us to believe.[s] The people who have been spreading falsehood about Buhari are mainly from certain part of Nigeria[/s]. They know nothing except to blackmail and lie about Buhari. We know them very well.

Buhari has antagonist s in all parts of nigeria.

By the way #March4Buhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by tit(f): 6:53am On Mar 08, 2015
spott:
General Muhammadu Buhari's Governors
1984-1985

1. Allison Madueke - Christian-Anamb ra.

2. Jeremiah Useni - Christian - Bendel.

3. Micheal Bamidele - Christian Ondo.

4. Oladipo Diya - Christian - Ogun.

5. David Mark - Christian - Niger.

6. John Kpera - Christian - Benue.

7. Dan Achibong - Christian - C/Rivers.

8. Ike Nwachukwu -Christian -Imo.

9. Oladipo Popoola - Christian - Oyo.

10.Bitrus Atukum - Christian - Plateau.

11. B.L. Letimah - Christian - Rivers.

12. Salaudeen Latinwo - Muslim-Kwara.

13. Gbolahan Mudasiru - Atheist-Lagos.

14. Sani Sami -Muslim - Bauchi.

15. Abubakar Waziri - Muslim - Borno.

16. Muhammadu Jega - Muslim - Gongola.

17. Usman Mu'azu - Muslim - Kaduna.

18. Hamza Abdullahi - Muslim - Kano.

19. Garba Duba -Muslim -Sokoto General

Out of 19 governors....11 were Christians and 8 muslims.

Buhari's Ministers;

1. Domkat Bali - Christian - Defence.

2. Onaolapo Sholeye -Christian-Fina nce.

3. Emmanuel Nsan - Christian - Health.

4. Sam Omeruah - Christian-Infor mation.

5. Tam David West - Christian - Petroleum.

6. Patrick Koshoni - Christian - Works.

7. Chike Offodile - Christian - Justice.

8. Clement Isong - Christian Gov, CBN.

Defence....works...petroleum...justice...finance and
CBN governor were all Christians.

Lets stop fiction of hatred and face reality.
We shouldn't just because we want to kill a dogg and give it a bad name

Let us vote for CHANGE....

Bigot!
Name Buhari's Supreme Military Council!

5 Likes

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by Rilwayne001: 7:02am On Mar 08, 2015
Why are Pdpigx crying on this thread

I thought you guys said SW endorsed the drunkard jnny undecided

7 Likes

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by 234GT(m): 7:05am On Mar 08, 2015
These pastors will be paid for their prayers o. Pastor work good sha!
Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by VickJames(m): 7:10am On Mar 08, 2015
Even if they fast for a thousand years, who God has given the presidency, God has given.

Stop wasting your time in politics, go and save souls.

GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by paulolee(m): 7:33am On Mar 08, 2015
hmmmm.... the 250,000 unknown prophet of baal I guess.... den d pdp source wud kum out n announce dt they wr paid 10,000 each
*d top men of God wunt b dier, is a waste of time n resources....
*instead of Kumin together to pray for a peaceful election n win souls they wana pray for a man dt dnT b liev in dier religion .
*something tells me dt d pastors ar Kumin from d white garment crew of pastors coz dea kno hw to kum in crowds...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by double0seven(m): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2015
bros12345:
My pastor, David Oyedepo will not be there. His pastor, Adeboye will not be there. Kumuyi will not be there. Muoka will not be there. Sam Adeyemi will not be there. Poju will not be there. Mike Okonkwo will not be there. Ashimolowo will not be there

So who are these men?

Though I will like to be there if the pay is up to 300k per person. Please help me find out.

Nonsense

You can only call them hungry political jobbers if they are doing it for money. I'm sure noone is giving them any money for this. Buhari does not distribute money like Jonathan.

And also, if all those men of God that you mentioned are not there, are you saying God will not hear their prayers? How do you even know whether the pastors conducting the prayer rally are spiritually rated higher than by heaven by the men of Gos you're mentioning?

However, I also I'm wondering whether Buhari really needs this.

3 Likes

Re: 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos by ruffp: 7:43am On Mar 08, 2015
bros12345:

So who are these men?

Nonsense

Will those u mentioned be in heaven?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose’s Lawmakers Flee Ekiti State To Avoid Arrest By Police-Adewunmi / Alao-akala, Folarin, Adigun, Arapaja, Officially Join APC / FG Launches Open Treasury Portal (OTP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.