Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo (15189 Views)

The Meaninglessness Of Human Existence And The Immortality Of Religion. / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kevoh(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
James Randi's million dollar challenge has been on for years (since 1964), that says a lot about the inefficacies of Juju/voodoo/supernatural claims.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Jameselias: 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
Weah96:
No African team has ever won the FIFA World Cup, so no, it doesn't work.
have they ever fully employed it?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Jameselias: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevoh:
James Randi's million dollar challenge has been on for years (since 1964), that says a lot about the inefficacies of Juju/voodoo/supernatural claims.
do u mind, to tell me about what the challenge is? plz,
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Weah96: 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
have they ever fully employed it?

If they are Christians and Muslims, then yes.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Jameselias: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
Weah96:

If they are Christians and Muslims, then yes.
are we talking of african voodoo or are we talking of prayer?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Weah96: 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
are we talking of african voodoo or are we talking of prayer?

Who do you think is keeping the native doctor business afloat? Atheists? It's a waste of cash.

The people who go there already believe in the power of human and animal sacrifices.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by davien(m): 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
DProDG:
Juju is very powerful! That's why US, China and Russia use it to fight their wars. Guns are sooooo overrated! grin
remember that time we used "juju" to fight slavery?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Jameselias: 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Weah96:

Who do you think is keeping the native doctor business afloat? Atheists? It's a waste of cash.

The people who go there already believe in the power of human and animal sacrifices.
this has noting to do with my questions, at all,
answer my questions: is prayer the same as vodoo? Have they ever fully employed vodoo? Yes or no,
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Pr0ton: 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
answer my questions: is prayer the same as vodoo? Have they ever fully employed vodoo? Yes or no,

You think they've never? Yes or No
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Jameselias: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pr0ton:

You think they've never? Yes or No
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
at least not in the pitch as they do with prayer

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Weah96: 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:

Prayer is simply an expression of wishful thoughts. Voodoo is probably a bit more real, but that's not saying anything. Look at what you're comparing it to. Does the state of affairs in Nigeria look like prayer works to you?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Pr0ton: 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Jameselias: 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Weah96:

Prayer is simply an expression of wishful thoughts. Voodoo is probably a bit more real, but that's not saying anything. Look at what you're comparing it to. Does the state of affairs in Nigeria look like prayer works to you?
ooooh! Who is talking about prayer here, prayer my ass,
Voodoo is probably a bit more real, voodoo here i come.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Pr0ton: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
blym4real:

All atheist on nairaland I will like to hear your views about the existence and potency of african voodoo

"In 2002, a lightly- armed band of Congolese rebels attacked a capital city airport in a desperate bid to seize a vital military target. They wore magic charms across their bare chests to ward off government bullets. A firefight erupted with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) soldiers who shredded any belief of magical protection for the Congolese rebels. The "Ninjas," as they called themselves, were killed, one by one, going down in a hail of lead. Sixty believers in paranormal powers soon lay dead, or dying, across the blood-stained runways. [ 1] Once more, witchcraft, protective charms, and magic spells, proved fruitless against modern military arms."

Read more:

http://infidels.org/library/modern/richard_petraitis/simbas-ninjas.html
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kevoh(m): 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
do u mind, to tell me about what the challenge is? plz,

I don't mind but Google is your friend, embrace him.

The James Randi Educational Foundation will pay US$1,000,000 (One Million US Dollars) ("The Prize"wink to any person who demonstrates any psychic, supernatural, or paranormal ability under satisfactory observation. Such demonstration must take place under the rules and limitations described in this document. An applicant can be from or in any part of the world. Gender, race, and educational background are not factors for acceptance. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and legally able to enter into binding agreements.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
These people make me laugh.

Dont take this as joke dude. We can learn lot of things from it.

I believe voodoo is also a practical science or protoscience. Something I can best call spiritual science cuz it embodies religion, magic, mythology, spirituality and pure science which birth modern science. Alchemy today birth chemistry.

plaetton:

What good is a spell if couldnt stop infants from dying of malaria?

Spell works here in form of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). Malaria is been treated since Man and Mosquito have been coexisting through local therapy.

I dont think modern science has brought malari and disease in general to it end and you've not see us mocking or laughing our great scientist.

I think today, scientist are venturing into local and traditional medicine which is part of voodoo

plaetton:

What good is spell if it couldnt help your army repel knives and bullets from those who conquered, looted and enslaved you and your kin?

Need I go on?

i learnt that CJTF head was shot by the army and bullets could not penetrate into his body. The newspapers aired it.

Moreover, with modern science providing a bullet proof vest, our soldiers are been gun down. Should disregard modern science because of this?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevoh:

Do you care to know the truth? Jame Randi is a scam.

And also, those who disbelieve in Voodoo have been challenged here since 2009 whcih nobody turns up for a challenge.

You want me to relay some history on runaway chicken little knight of atheism of nairaland 1?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by wiegraf: 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:

answer my questions: is prayer the same as vodoo? Yes or no,

Yes
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Weah96:

which business are native doctor doing?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by wiegraf: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
It seems a lot of you are new here. Please, welcome to the stage, the resident 'spiritual atheist', folly

*clap clap clap*
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by plaetton: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Dont take this as joke dude. We can learn lot of things from it.

I believe voodoo is also a practical science or protoscience. Something I can best call spiritual science cuz it embodies religion, magic, mythology, spirituality and pure science which birth modern science. Alchemy today birth chemistry.

Spell works here in form of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). Malaria is been treated since Man and Mosquito have been coexisting through local therapy.

I dont think modern science has brought malari and disease in general to it end and you've not see us mocking or laughing our great scientist.

I think today, scientist are venturing into local and traditional medicine which is part of voodoo

i learnt that CJTF head was shot by the army and bullets could not penetrate into his body. The newspapers aired it.

Moreover, with modern science providing a bullet proof vest, our soldiers are been gun down. Should disregard modern science because of this?

I was not mocking vodu as a religion or philosophy.
I was mocking the idea of casting magical spells to deal to Deal with real life existential problems.
This is where false Twists are added to simple truths.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kevoh(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

And also, those who disbelieve in Voodoo have been challenged here since 2009 whcih nobody turns up for a challenge.

You want me to relay some history on runaway chicken little knight of atheism of nairaland 1?
The only truth I want is you taking the Randi Challenge. Nothing more
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Pr0ton: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Scam? Because "over a thousand people have applied to take the challenge, but none have yet been successful"?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevoh:

The only truth I want is you taking the Randi Challenge. Nothing more

Ghostofsparta here in Nairaland has written them and nothing good has come out of it,

we are winning money, not so? Sponsor me na.

I will give you everything earned
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
plaetton:

I want mocking vodu as a religion or philosophy.
I was mocking the idea of casting magical spells to deal to Deal with real life existential problems.
This is where false Twists are added to simple truths.

Like Sam Harris on buddhism, he sees it as a secular system of psycho-spiritual self-improvement and not mystical practises.

Why does lot of atheist refused to follow this path?

Why do you see everything in Afrcian spirituality wrong and mytical?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pr0ton:

Scam? Because "over a thousand people have applied to take the challenge, but none have yet been successful"?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

a simple google search expose this scam of a thing.

http://newsvoice.se/2010/05/02/james-randi-and-his-one-million-dollar-challenge-fraud/

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kevoh(m): 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Sponsor me na.

I will give you everything earned

Sponsor you, Lol. You can keep the earnings I don't need it.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevoh:

Sponsor you, Lol. You can keep the earnings I don't need it.

do you think it all about accpeting the challenge here? Mehn the process to undergo before application is accepted na ya wa

Then you are wasting your time asking me to pick some fraud challenge

This right here is in your backyard. https://www.nairaland.com/1510778/all-atheists-once-all

Atheist since only the gods know when have been running away from it.

The Almighty Chicken-little Knight of atheism 1 of nairaland ran away.

So can you save the face today?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by plaetton: 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Like Sam Harris on buddhism, he sees it as a secular system of psycho-spiritual self-improvement and not mystical practises.

Why does lot of atheist refused to follow this path?

Why do you see everything in Afrcian spirituality wrong and mytical?
I do subscribe to buddhist philosophy.
My problem with African spirituality is that, like others, there are too many false Twists to the point that it becomes an endless series of meaningless rituals designed to evoke mystery and fear and foreboding, rather than any form of enlightenment.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Pr0ton: 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

http://newsvoice.se/2010/05/02/james-randi-and-his-one-million-dollar-challenge-fraud/

There is nothing worth calling scam in his challenge.. The bottom line is: he challenges the paranormal, and no one has been able to prove it. Only when someone beats down his challenge, and he refuses to let the money out is when the room of scam can be opened. All the talk that he is "distracting researchers of the paranormal" are just the result of obvious jealousy and a find-an-out bullshits!
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kevoh(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I don't see any fraud in the above link, all I see is a disgruntled Michael Prescott who is trying too hard to discredit the challenge. James Randi and his group might be a little bit too strict on the application process but it still doesn't take anything away from its validity.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
plaetton:

I do subscribe to buddhist philosophy.
My problem with African spirituality is that, like others, there are too many false Twists to the point that it becomes an endless series of meaningless rituals designed to evoke mystery and fear and foreboding, rather than any form of enlightenment.

Actuallyyou have not check out Ifa.

If you are looking for pure enlightenment, Ifa have it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? / Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? / Christmas: Father Mbaka Gives Rice To Orphans, Crippled & Widows (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.