Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,875 members, 7,798,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel (33089 Views)

33years Later: Do You Remember These People? / Africa Magic To Launch Igbo Channel / Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
I don't watch anything movie be it local or foreign but I was coming backing to lagos from Onicha last december, in the bus I boarded I was opportuned to watch Nkoli Nwa Nsukka and I was impressed, I also see adverts Onye Ozi directed by Obi Emelonye which I believe go make sense wella. Gonna get those Igbo fiims When next I go to alaba intl.

"Don't forget that I slay cone heads"
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
She could be Igbo or from another ethnic group just like obiagelli aka Abike Dabiri that parades herself as Igbo
2kris:
leave that foulish girl tomoro she go dey find make one ibo guy marry her after insulting his tribe...karma will never leave her
Nwanne iga egbu mmadu leeeeeeeee

That ABA boy #unappologetic
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by 2kris(m): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
She could be Igbo or from another ethnic group just like obiagelli aka Abike Dabiri that parades herself as Igbo Nwanne iga egbu mmadu leeeeeeeee

That ABA boy #unappologetic
she is nt an ibo gal.the are more afraid now that the ibos have risen beyound their expectation.....dem go shame,after gej commision onitsha seaport many ibos in lagos will redirect their investment to onitsha ooma.and many more from gej.those born to rule and their slave the tribal mark peps go drink rat poison

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
2kris:
i think u still dey find husband?

Oh pls...
Get off my way.
Comment on the topic and stop snitching on my comment.

Even if I am looking for husband, are you a potential?

Simple way to know dumb mofos, they always think it's all 'bout marriage for the average Nigerian lady.

Pls swerve real fast.

7 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by tonychristopher: 8:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
I don't watch anything movie be it local or foreign but I was coming backing to lagos from Onicha last december, in the bus I boarded I was opportuned to watch Nkoli Nwa Nsukka and I was impressed, I also see adverts Onye Ozi directed by Obi Emelonye which I believe go make sense wella. Gonna get those Igbo fiims When next I go to alaba intl.

"Don't forget that I slay cone heads"

Oga adili gi mma
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

No.
I changed my mind__ bring the damn heat on.
Like I said, your brain is on auto-reverse.
When you start reasoning well, holla, for a meaningful discourse.

Who cares if you care that I am a female.
Nigga do you pay my bills?

Once again, never you in your e-life - twerk on my comment.

Respect is reciprocal, you don't address me with expletives and lewd comments, then expect me to clap for you.

Look at you, trying to claim mature. When you can't converse like a civil human.
Oh pls, nigga we doing the growing up together...lolss.

Silly nwa-mkpi, trying to form professor.
How did I deny my father's tongue?
Did I @ any point say I can't speak igbo.

They just can't take the truth, even when you sugar-coat it.
Take it easy o, ejighi kwanum ihe a mara gi ebe a.
There are words you need to swallow and move on with better things you have.

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by scholes0(m): 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
Masterclass32:
We don't have an Igbo station.

But we are Not complaining. Don't complain on our behalf. You have better things to do with your time. We no beg you. Don't cry more than the bereaved.

Igbo Kwenu!
Anyi ga-adi.

Igbo for Life!

remind us all, who opened this wailing thread again??

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba and 2kris, hope all is well
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
customized13:
I engage egift and orlandoowoh in Igbo on this forum and they are both yorubas. Oya say something else.
Stop mentioning my handle.

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Lol
Obiagelli:
Yeah all is well.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by cyberdurable(m): 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
MayorofLagos:

They can't! They don't have the will or vision for creativity. Someone has to lead and show them. If it was a criminal activity they would already have self-perfected it without anyone's direction.

who said Amadioha won't Strike u dead?
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by SIRANDREWS: 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Shubbylee:
Yoruba and Hausa are International Languages!! Yoruba is spoken in Nigeria, Benin Republic, Togo, Haiti, Barbados, Cuba, and many other Carribean Countries!! Many Hausas, Igbos and other Ethnic groups can speak Yoruba fluently, many white people from America and Europe speak Yoruba fluently too!! Some igbos and hausas have acted Yoruba Movies sef.

Hausa is Spoken in Nigeria, Niger Republic, Chad, Mali, Burkina Faso and even some parts of Northern Ghana!! Many Igbos and Yorubas can speak Hausa fluently and even feature in Hausa movies!!

But Igbo is only Spoken in Nigeria, Someone from another ethnic group who wasn't born in Igbo land cannot learn to speak Igbo very fluently! I've personally never seen an Hausa man that can speak Igbo fluently talkless of a Foreigner or a white man!

I always want to learn Igbo cos that's d only major language I can't speak fluently but my Igbo friends are always reluctant to teach me as if they're ashamed of d language or sumtin!! thank God for Flavour and Phyno that are teaching me Igbo small small thru music.

Again Igbo actors prefer to speak English rather than Igbo, In Igbo only comedy movies by Nkem Owoh (my Fav Actor), Victor Osuagwu, Queen nwokoye, Charles Awurum, Charles inojie are selling but they can't do it alone. they need more hands. Igbo pple need to promote/package their Culture and Language for others to appreciate before accusing DSTV of tribalism. how would a Big business like that Open a station that won't sell just to please an ethnic group.

I appeal to Jim Iyke, KOK, Genevieve, OC Ukeje et al to start acting in Igbo language in addition to their English Nollywood movies like Funke Akindele, Gabriel afolayan, Jide kosoko, Kehinde Bankole, etc

JUST MY HONEST OPINION....IGBO KWENU!! grin
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by 2kris(m): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Oh pls...
Get off my way.
Comment on the topic and stop snitching on my comment.

Even if I am looking for husband, are you a potential?

Simple way to know dumb mofos, they always think it's all 'bout marriage for the average Nigerian lady.

Pls swerve real fast.
wounded lionwink...babe u are not my type.were i am ladies dnt mingle in politic very sad for a lady to be tribalistic as u are.dnt forget i ruined ur night and year as a whole....unless u go back and apologise
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ise eeeeeh
tonychristopher:

Oga adili gi mma
Ma di kwara Igbo bu Igbo.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by 2kris(m): 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
all is not well obiagelli...y will some peps be happy to c anoda tribe being marginalised....and it is boldly written do not make any tribalistic coment on this section.....yet no action is carried against such people.all is not well obi

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by emmysoftyou: 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
IYANGBALI:
now I know one of the reasons an igbo man or woman will never rule Nigeria. Dominate ko,domination ni,nothing for you guys in Nigeria again,better start moving to your Biafra. Bunch of self centered people tongue
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by emmysoftyou: 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
IYANGBALI:
now I know one of the reasons an igbo man or woman will never rule Nigeria. Dominate ko,domination ni,nothing for you guys in Nigeria again,better start moving to your Biafra. Bunch of self centered people tongue
re u pain??
If u re not? Stop derailing dis thread and stick to the point and lay ur comment...cool
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
2kris:
all is not well obiagelli...y will some peps be happy to c anoda tribe being marginalised....and it is boldly written do not make any tribalistic coment on this section.....yet no action is carried against such people.all is not well obi
Well i just stumbled on this thread from my mention, i will have to read through before i comment properly.

CaptainOjemba:
Lol Yeah all is well.
Good to hear that.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by 2kris(m): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
Obiagelli:

Well i just stumbled on this thread from my mention, i will have to read through before i comment properly.

Good to hear that.
i pray u see the real truth behind their smile
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by tonychristopher: 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Ise eeeeeh Ma di kwara Igbo bu Igbo.
ka oododi

Otua
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by xamster(m): 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
hahaha
I love igbo people__ because, they keeep convincing themselves that they are being hated on.

Lets face reality, if they decide to create an igbo station - do we have enough content?
Do we have enough actors?

Apart from Queen Nwokoye, and a handful__ who else would be in the cast?

Majority of igbo actors have deflected to nollywood (English speaking Nigerian movie).

That's not the same for yorubas, the best yoruba actors are not even the ones you see in Nollywood. Majority of their veteran actors are in their indigenous industry (Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo), Yinka Quadri, Adebayo Salami(Oga Bello),Jide Kosoko,Idowu Phillips (Iya Rainbow) . Carving a niche for themselves there.

__ then the younger generation: Funke Akindele,Doris Simeon, Fathia Balogun, Iyabo Ojo, Femi Adebayo, Odunlade Adekola, Dayo Amusa, Mercy Aigbe etc.

Y'all need to watch yoruba movies, the sync, cast, colour, storyline hasn't even been achieved by the igbo dominated Nollywood.

Igbo people should work on themselves and stop looking for who to blame everytime. It's becoming boring.

Cc:softysparky
No lies....factually enunciated.

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by joshua8016: 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Have you watch OYENUSI?

Who produce october 1st?

Igbo's are trouble makers since 1960.

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by ogahug: 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
kestolove95:
Igbo actors ar busy in nollywood acting english film...how many igbo films are out. dia?...I bet u aftr a month,dey will show all d igbo films dey have...but I support d move,igbos shud also hv dia. channl
Have you watched NTA Igbo in Star Times. Watch b4 you criticize.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by allcomage: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Shubbylee:
Yoruba and Hausa are International Languages!! Yoruba is spoken in Nigeria, Benin Republic, Togo, Haiti, Barbados, Cuba, and many other Carribean Countries!! Many Hausas, Igbos and other Ethnic groups can speak Yoruba fluently, many white people from America and Europe speak Yoruba fluently too!! Some igbos and hausas have acted Yoruba Movies sef.

Hausa is Spoken in Nigeria, Niger Republic, Chad, Mali, Burkina Faso and even some parts of Northern Ghana!! Many Igbos and Yorubas can speak Hausa fluently and even feature in Hausa movies!!

But Igbo is only Spoken in Nigeria, Someone from another ethnic group who wasn't born in Igbo land cannot learn to speak Igbo very fluently! I've personally never seen an Hausa man that can speak Igbo fluently talkless of a Foreigner or a white man!

I always want to learn Igbo cos that's d only major language I can't speak fluently but my Igbo friends are always reluctant to teach me as if they're ashamed of d language or sumtin!! thank God for Flavour and Phyno that are teaching me Igbo small small thru music.

Again Igbo actors prefer to speak English rather than Igbo, In Igbo only comedy movies by Nkem Owoh (my Fav Actor), Victor Osuagwu, Queen nwokoye, Charles Awurum, Charles inojie are selling but they can't do it alone. they need more hands. Igbo pple need to promote/package their Culture and Language for others to appreciate before accusing DSTV of tribalism. how would a Big business like that Open a station that won't sell just to please an ethnic group.

I appeal to Jim Iyke, KOK, Genevieve, OC Ukeje et al to start acting in Igbo language in addition to their English Nollywood movies like Funke Akindele, Gabriel afolayan, Jide kosoko, Kehinde Bankole, etc

nollywood populated by igbo is a big budget business and not for charity.the igbo pioneers of nollywood set out to reach out to the world with their flicks and they are almost there.igbo culture is alive and waxing stronger and is now a global brand as english is a global language.yuroba/hausa/others are doing well but can never achieve global outreach in local vernacular.an average nollywood film is within budget bracket of 10m-50m.some actors/actresses collect as much as 1m-1.5m to feature and most of them are living big in choice areas of big cities and are into other big businesses just like their counterparts in other climes.
no entrepreneur will spend such money just to promote culture.how has canny-wood and yollywood impacted financially on their players?.their highest paid actors collect like 30k.nollywood can never descend to that level.igbo should not worry about channel on dstv ,despite not having channel, igbo culture is synonymous with nigeria culture outside nigeria.marriage,burial,chiefancy,architecture,etc nigerian international travelers are always confronted with 'igwee' igbo greeting in various cities around the world.at appropriate time dstv will dedicate a channel to igbo and if they do not,when their monopoly is broken,they will understand as igbo remain the largest subscribers of dstv in nigeria among nigeria ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Masterclass32: 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
tonychristopher:
ka oododi

Otua

Nwanne, ana m ekene. Aka m di n'elu.

I see the work you do on this forum, especially as it pertains to posts aimed at bringing the Igbos in bad light. Keep up the good work.

Greetings to the real Nwafors.

Igbo bu ofu. Let love reign among us.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by allcomage: 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Shubbylee:

nollywood populated by igbo is a big budget business and not for charity.the igbo pioneers of nollywood set out to reach out to the world with their flicks and they are almost there.igbo culture is alive and waxing stronger and is now a global brand as english is a global language.yuroba/hausa/others are doing well but can never achieve global outreach in local vernacular.an average nollywood film is within budget bracket of 10m-50m.some actors/actresses collect as much as 1m-2.5m to feature and most of them are living big in choice areas of big cities and are into other big businesses just like their counterparts in other climes.the language of film industry is money and igbo are financially literate to understand it.can we say that the olu jacobs,omotalas,eliots etc are fools for sticking with nollywood?
no entrepreneur will spend such money just to promote culture.how has canny-wood and yollywood impacted financially on their players?.their highest paid actors collect like 30k.nollywood can never descend to that level.igbo should not worry about channel on dstv ,despite not having channel, igbo culture is synonymous with nigeria culture outside nigeria.marriage,burial,chiefancy,architecture,etc nigerian international travelers are always confronted with 'igwee' igbo greeting in various cities around the world.at appropriate time dstv will dedicate a channel to igbo and if they do not,when their monopoly is broken,they will understand as igbo remain the largest subscribers of dstv in nigeria among nigeria ethnic groups.

3 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by meccuno: 10:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
cyberdurable:

who said Amadioha won't Strike u dead?
can amadioha strike someone dead when the person is already dead?
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by cyberdurable(m): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
meccuno:
can amadioha strike someone dead when the person is already dead?
;-D
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by tonychristopher: 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Masterclass32:

Nwanne, ana m ekene. Aka m di n'elu.

I see the work you do on this forum, especially as it pertains to posts aimed at bringing the Igbos in bad light. Keep up the good work.

Greetings to the real Nwafors.

Igbo bu ofu. Let love reign among us.

Nna

Dalu , obi di ndiofe njo...they always talk ill of igbo i just cant say why
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by cyberdurable(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
joshua8016:
Have you watch OYENUSI?

Who produce october 1st?

Igbo's are trouble makers since 1960.

Mods won't see this Shisha Smoker. and ban Him, if I abuse nw, I wil get banned, hw can u refer to a whole Igbo's as Trouble makers? is it our Fault that we are creative? and productive? Blame ur Ancestors...

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Shubbylee(m): 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
allcomage:

nollywood populated by igbo is a big budget business and not for charity.the igbo pioneers of nollywood set out to reach out to the world with their flicks and they are almost there.igbo culture is alive and waxing stronger and is now a global brand as english is a global language.yuroba/hausa/others are doing well but can never achieve global outreach in local vernacular.an average nollywood film is within budget bracket of 10m-50m.some actors/actresses collect as much as 1m-2.5m to feature and most of them are living big in choice areas of big cities and are into other big businesses just like their counterparts in other climes.the language of film industry is money and igbo are financially literate to understand it.can we say that the olu jacobs,omotalas,eliots etc are fools for sticking with nollywood?

Why do u Igbo brothers keep giving urselves awards? LOL!! Igbos are the Pioneers of Nollywood? Igbos have the highest number of Dstv subscribers? Haba!! where did u get all this info from? pls don't overate urselves, let pple praise u b4 u praise urselves Mehn!!

I don't really know abt the Hausa movies but how can u say d highest paid actors in Yoruba movies earn 30k....come on Mehn!! I've done waka pass b4 and I was paid 7k for saying 2sentences!! Stop all these spurious untrue things u're saying oh! Some igbos even commend Yollywood for better organisation than the Mainstream Nollywood!!

The Best NOLLYWOOD movies right now are mostly being produced and directed by NON igbos, e.g October 1st by Kunle Afolayan, 30days in Atlanta by AY d comedian, that Lancelot Imaseun movie and Make a move starring Ivie Okujaye!! so the argument that igbos are not making films in Igbo language because they're running NOLLYWOOD is NULL AND VOID!!

6 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Shubbylee(m): 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
allcomage:

Why do u Igbo brothers keep giving urselves awards? LOL!! Igbos are the Pioneers of Nollywood? Igbos have the highest number of Dstv subscribers? Haba!! where did u get all this info from? pls don't overate urselves, let pple praise u b4 u praise urselves Mehn!!

I don't really know abt the Hausa movies but how can u say d highest paid actors in Yoruba movies earn 30k....come on Mehn!! I've done waka pass b4 and I was paid 7k for saying 2sentences!! Stop all these spurious untrue things u're saying oh! Some igbos even commend Yollywood for better organisation than the Mainstream Nollywood!!

The Best NOLLYWOOD movies right now are mostly being produced and directed by NON igbos, e.g October 1st by Kunle Afolayan, 30days in Atlanta by AY d comedian, that Lancelot Imaseun movie and Make a move starring Ivie Okujaye!! so the argument that igbos are not making films in Igbo language because they're running NOLLYWOOD is NULL AND VOID!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lion Of Jada Releases First Episode On The Life Of Nigerian Strippers / Judge Orders Prosecution Of Three Channels Television Staff / Miss Teen United Nations Nigeria Reality TV Show Hosts 2019 Edition In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.