Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel (33149 Views)

33years Later: Do You Remember These People? / Africa Magic To Launch Igbo Channel / Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by kendallhart(m): 8:46am On Mar 11, 2015
A Yoruba man speaks Igbo and an Igbo man speaks Yoruba in Delta State, until all the three tribes can live in perfect harmony, Nigeria can't progress and the way I'm seeing it, Nigeria will soon be divided
My 2centss
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Anaskie(m): 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
DerKaiser:

I thought you were too ace to ignore me? Should have guessed better, lol.

Don't get it twisted though cause addressing you as a kid has more to do with you than whatever my perceived age is to you. Anybody who openly and shamelessly insults his parents language in order to gain cheap and irrelevant Internet notoriety has the intelligence equivalence of a weasel, at least to me.

But please ignore me like you promised 'cause I also know how to bring heat when irked and I wouldn't care that you are a girl, at least online.

Take care Auntie.
Lmao

Dear Kachisbarbie, your comments about Igbos sometimes really makes me wonder.
You really dont need to say some things online, considering that you are also Igbo. It makes it appear as if you simply want to gain cheap popularity online.

Anyways, you've been pretty violent of recent. Hope all is well. smiley
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Anaskie:

Lmao

Dear Kachis_barbie, your comments about Igbos sometimes really makes me wonder.
You really dont need to say some things online, considering that you are also Igbo. It makes it appear as if you simply want to gain cheap popularity online.

Anyways, you've been pretty violent of recent. Hope all is well. smiley

How many times have you actually seen me comment 'bout igbos?

My dear, that I am igbo doesn't make me blinded to the truth. If that's y'all definition of being patriotic, sorry to disappoint you - MASSOB doesn't pay my bills, neither does the Association of Nairaland Ndigbos.
I am first a Nigerian, before being an igbo.

No, I am not violent...I only made a decision to respond to people accordingly. Rudeness for rudeness and vice-versa cheesy

I would say anything, anywhere. The last time I checked, I still have that right.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by naijaboiy: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
gringrin
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Anaskie(m): 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

My dear, that I am igbo doesn't make me blinded to the truth. If that's y'all definition of being patriotic, sorry to disappoint you - MASSOB doesn't pay my bills, neither does the Association of Nairaland Ndigbos.

No, I am not violent...I only made a decision to respond to people accordingly. Rudeness for rudeness and vice-versa cheesy

I would say anything, anywhere. The last time I checked, I still have that right.

Thanks.
Owkeeiiii.

Not like I'm keeping tabs, but actually, this isn't the first thread I'm stumbling on where u've had an altercation over a similar issue.

Just saying you should chill sometimes, that's all. There are already more than enough Igbo bashers on Nairaland, we dont need another.

BTW, I know you from somewhere. smiley

Have a great day.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Anaskie:
Owkeeiiii.

Not like I'm keeping tabs, but actually, this isn't the first thread I'm stumbling on where u've had an altercation over a similar issue.

Just saying you should chill sometimes, that's all. There are already more than enough Igbo bashers on Nairaland, we dont need another.

BTW, I know you from somewhere. smiley

Have a great day.

You ain't keeping tabs - but I am, and I am sure it's just twice.
Definitely more 'coming,because I would be saying my mind, frequently now.

No one is bashing you guys, the only thing bashing y'all is your mindsets. Change it/them.

Good y'know me, when you're free - buy me 1 shawarma na. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

You ain't keeping tabs - but I am, and I am sure it's just twice.
Definitely more 'coming,because I would be saying my mind, frequently now.

No one is bashing you guys, the only thing bashing y'all is your mindsets. Change it/them.

Good y'know me, when you're free - buy me 1 shawarma na. grin
Wow wow wow
Now they are accusing you of bashing Igbos.

Odimma!!!

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Thanks.
Gbam!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by knowledgeable: 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I believe Yoruba and Hausa were there because of their spread amongst speakers beyond Nigerian borders. Ibo is not spoken across the borders.

Envious & hateful reasoning. Mayor of whatever, Igbos are naturally gifted with finer attributes than indi ofe and they know it.

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by knowledgeable: 11:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Ode! They are called "African TV", not Nigerian TV.
When you hear African.....that is a broader terrain beyond just Nigeria.

Would you like a map to expain better the difference between Africa and Nigeria Mumu!!

mumu, the focus here is on Nigeria market.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by excellentmomma(f): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
keep decieving yourself. DSTV wants to make money and for dem to have ignored you guys means you are a bad market for them
So who keeps Nollywood afloat for them? You are the one deceiving urself, this channel technically will be the second or even fourth or fifth for us! (when you add other new AM stations- Entertainment, family etc). You can practically learn the Igbo you want from there. We are not bigots, we carry everyone along in our dealings, so act in English. Deal with it. No comparison

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by simdam500(m): 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Feel they don't need it... most of the igbo already made up the English movie.

Wouldn't Tonto dikeh be interested in English than igbo even if she's an indiigbo undecided

Let it continue like that joor
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by B69U: 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
simdam500:
Feel they don't need it... most of the igbo already made up the English movie.

Wouldn't Tonto dikeh be interested in English than igbo even if she's an indiigbo undecided

Let it continue like that joor

May u keep taking panadol for another persons headache. mumu!
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by simdam500(m): 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
B69U:

May u keep taking panadol for another persons headache. mumu!
tongue
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 01, 2015
Ezemust:
fvck u.igbo is a national language in Ethiopia
IGBO!!! WHAT IS IGBO @ D FIRST PLACE? It's amharic nt igbo! Check twice b4 u talk!
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by oyatz(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
Who are the 'they' that are envious of you guys ,is it South Africa or Multi choice ?
Calculia:
Wat does it take to give Ndiigbo their channel? Fear that they might out do hausa and yoruba and be more popular? Perhaps the recognition that Ndiigbo invented Nollywood and are great.

It is just jealousy and envy of Ndiigbo that is the only reason they try very hard to hold us down but we rise and rise again.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by oyatz(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
This victim mentality won't help you. DSTV is owned by a foreign company and neither Yorubas nor Hausas have any say in how they run their affairs, let alone instruct them to marginalize Ndigbo by not operating an Igbo based channel. Private companies look for ways to maximize their profit with little regard for massaging the egos of tribal bigots
waternogetenemy:

What does DSTV air on yoruba channel and hausa channel? Why the apprehension about another peoples cuture? Yet they screem one Nigeria but remain intolerant.

When they make film about igbo history, it is aproblem to show on cinema (half of a yellow sun). Hausa an Yoruba will gang up to ban the movie from view in Nigeria. Is that a country?
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by oyatz(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
This victim mentality won't help you. DSTV is owned by a foreign company and neither Yorubas nor Hausas have any say in how they run their affairs, let alone instruct them to marginalize Ndigbo by not operating an Igbo based channel. Private companies look for ways to maximize their profit with little regard for massaging the egos of tribal bigots.
waternogetenemy:

What does DSTV air on yoruba channel and hausa channel? Why the apprehension about another peoples cuture? Yet they screem one Nigeria but remain intolerant.

When they make film about igbo history, it is aproblem to show on cinema (half of a yellow sun). Hausa an Yoruba will gang up to ban the movie from view in Nigeria. Is that a country?
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Jaymaestro(m): 10:42am On Dec 27, 2016
This " They are against us" mentality.. I don't understand it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa / Throwback: How Many Of These Nollywood Movies Have You Seen? (photos) / BBNaija: Ike Challenges Khafi's Win As Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.