Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down (31160 Views)

Pearlena Igbokwe Appointed Head Of Universal Television / Fire guts Sir Gabriel Igbinedion’s ITV Benin (Photos From The Incidence) / Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by dtruth3(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2015
Some group of APC terror members has burnt down one of the media houses (ITV) in Benin city, following the percieved biase against its party in the state.

You would recall sometime ago, the All Progressive Congress (APC) had warned the ITV media house in the state; to stop its alleged role in painting the state government in a bad light.

source...... CoreTV News

Edo State billionaire, Gabriel Igbinedion has suffered a major loss as the building that houses his television station has been burnt down.

The Benin office of Independent Television and Radio was razed to the ground on Saturday, March 7.

The cause of the fire has not yet been determined but Igbinedion’s daughter, Omosede has expressed the belief that it was the work of arsonists.

“It is clear that the attack on ITV is purely sabotage, a calculated attempt,” she told City People.

Omosede is contesting for the Ovia Federal Constituency seat at the House of Representatives on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

http://pulse.ng/local/gabriel-igbinedion-billionaire-s-tv-station-burnt-in-benin-photos-id3549290.html

6 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by hardbody: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2015
what proof is there that the opposition burnt it down. We are now in an era when everything sinister must be put on the doorsteps of the opposing party. Rancorous electioneering pattern all over.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by chimoskyg(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2015
Now that is not good

2 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by omenka(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2015
And we are simply supposed to "believe" this I guess.

17 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by lovat(m): 11:22am On Mar 08, 2015
ApC, ISIS, BH has one thing in common, God help us

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by MOG1D1: 11:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Trust APC thugs to go on destruction when their demands are not meant, destruction is another name for APC.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Princecalm(m): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2015
How did they know it was Apc that burnt it down if at all this piece is true.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by dtruth3(m): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2015
omenka:
And we are simply supposed to "believe" this I guess.
tune in to Coretv now and check out their news alert bar. that is if you have any decoder in your house, if not, i pity you! you are totally cut off from INFORMATION!

19 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by praxisnetworks: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2015
that moribund TV am sure its a self inflicted arson.....meanwhile should AIT get ready for some music....as they have perfected character assasination as stock in trade....

BTW NO PIX 4 THIS TYPE OF NEWS KE? Abegi post pix make I pop champagne!!!

Video of ITV burning or Adonbilivit....

6 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 08, 2015
dtruth3:
tune in to Coretv now and check out their news alert bar. that is if you have any decoder in your house, if not, i pity you! you are totally cut off from INFORMATIONS!
info-wetin? Lol bros there is notin like informations ok. Information is information weda singular or plural. Cheers

45 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by kheart(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2015
Ur news is suspicious cos if it true vanguard for don carry am tete besides we ve benin residents here on NL.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
AIT will be next,but this time around, thunder and lightening will burn down the biased and hate filled station.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by sammieguze(m): 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
Pinshure or.......
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by dtruth3(m): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
Jenams:
info-wetin? Lol bros there is notin like informations ok. Information is information weda singular or plural. Cheers
thank you professor of English, but please can you call your brothers to order? before i forget prof. next time when you want to correct me, at least spell properly too.

it's not "notin" but "nothing".
it's not "weda" but "whether".

thank you Prof. cheers too!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by otr1(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Rubbish!
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by fineguy11(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Humm.even when investigations are yet to be carried out,,some PDP e-parasite are already blaming the opposition for this...as for ITV,,the propagandist station dat aired dat fake news on the comrade governor entourage slapping a priest,only for dem to retract their allegation for fear of being sued,,....at least i go hear word small,no more OMOSEDE advert...
Least i forget,,if there waw a fire,,it probably was minor one coz dier station was on this afternoon...its also possible there was no fire @all and probably the OP is delusional..

2 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by amakaobiemeka: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
I am a benin resident, its pathetic the rate itv was going just like ait. Its owner igbinedion a pdp chieftan had turned it to the opposition of everything apc did. This is good 4 democracy since the so called journalism is now diving into politics, they should get a rub from the mud they place themselves. It can not be verified who did this as their is no evidence of apc hand in it. The whole media houses should emulate channels tv that has remained resolute and fair. Ait shld get ready 4 theirs in as much as i condem the act, it has no proof of apc involvment. My take is that when journalism chooses to play politics instead of been neutral, it is bond to get reactions as this. The pdp may as well have schemed this to draw sympathy to itself as the world knew itv is pro pdp like ait or nta

32 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by ManMountain(m): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
The admin need to ban some ediots permanently

1 Like

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by koboko69: 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
My brothers dont take nonsense!!! The Money Jonathan shared should be used to rebuild.

5 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
The same ITV that is owned by Igbinedion, whose son [Lucky Igbinedion, a former PDP governor] was convicted and sentenced to kirikiri for corruption and looting of public funds. Although I condemn the act by the perpetrators, nevertheless, other media houses should learn from this.

8 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
AIT will be next,but this time around, thunder and lightening will burn down the biased and hate filled station.

Why don't you APC supporters tolerate criticism. See what you just typed, my question is what if those opposed to your view, decide to burn down Punch News Papers Office or The Nation News Paper what will you say? what AIT is airing is sponsored and paid for, by PDP elements, what I am expecting APC to do is to sponsor a counter either on AIT or TVC, it is all politics, watch the USA campaign season and see how dirty smear campaigns can be.

32 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by dtruth3(m): 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
I am a benin resident, its pathetic the rate itv was going just like ait. Its owner igbinedion a pdp chieftan had turned it to the opposition of everything apc did. This is good 4 democracy since the so called journalism is now diving into politics, they should get a rub from the mud they place themselves. It can not be verified who did this as their is no evidence of apc hand in it. The whole media houses should emulate channels tv that has remained resolute and fair. Ait shld get ready 4 theirs
So in your own opinion, violence is good for our demoracy? so this is how APC intends to rule, if mistakenly they siezes power at the center? by then, anybody or media outfit that opposes it will be burnt down abi?

clapp for yourself, you made lot of sence!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by alaoeri: 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
AIT should be the next line of action, by now Dopeksi would have surrounded his property by mopol.

3 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by EdCure: 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
koboko69:
My brothers dont take nonsense!!! The Money Jonathan shared should be used to rebuild.

2 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by PassingShot(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
dtruth3:
tune in to Coretv now and check out their news alert bar. that is if you have any decoder in your house, if not, i pity you! you are totally cut off from INFORMATIONS!

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by EdCure: 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
I am a benin resident, its pathetic the rate itv was going just like ait. Its owner igbinedion a pdp chieftan had turned it to the opposition of everything apc did. This is good 4 democracy since the so called journalism is now diving into politics, they should get a rub from the mud they place themselves. It can not be verified who did this as their is no evidence of apc hand in it. The whole media houses should emulate channels tv that has remained resolute and fair. Ait shld get ready 4 theirs
I share your sentiments.

9 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by free2ryhme: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
dtruth3:
Some group of APC terror members has burnt down one of the media houses (ITV) in Benin city, following the percieved biase against its party in the state.

You would recall sometime ago, the All Progressive Congress (APC) had warned the ITV media house in the state; to stop its alleged role in painting the state government in a bad light.

source...... CoreTV News

when it makes frontpage
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
Is this the path they want to tow now? It alright, but let them prepare to receive theirs in full dose soon when the PDP is re-elected.
This is one madness too many, so no more freedom of the Press right?
NUJ will not step up on this one now...
The war has started already...apc members should warn their touts

9 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by vicadex07(m): 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Good, no PDP cry when APC rally in rivers state was disrupted by bombings and people were killed. Now its their turn to mourn...at least no human life was lost unlike what the PDP did in rivers state.

Which one of them is now truly the bloodsucking party

3 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by deskossy(m): 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Say no to violence!

5 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
APC, devils

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confusion Made Me Nominate Whitemoney For Eviction – Maria / BBNaija: "Why Mercy Should Win Big Brother Naija" - Rita Dominic / BBnaija: How Viewers Voted For Doyin, Eloswag And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.