Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) (72309 Views)

How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format / How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] / What To Avoid When Writing An Attractive Or A Catchy CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by TrishaP(f): 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
Impressive.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by merieam16(f): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
Benjom:
Create clear and distinct sections that are well-defined so that once an employer picks up your CV, within 15 to 30 seconds, the message would be easily decipherable. This is what wins you a call-up for interview. By section, I mean:

• Professional/Profile/Career Summary
• Personal Detail/Bio-data (optional)
• Education
• Professional/Work Experience
• Accomplishments/Achievements
• Core/Key Skills/Competencies
• Training/Membership/Affiliation/Certification
• Referees (purely ‘Available on request’)

The arrangement is relative to the strength of each section. The inclusion of ‘Referees or References’, State of Origin, LGA, Religion, etc are now obsolete. Further more, your presentation must be catchy. You need power-words (word density) to give your CV a colourful and undeniable edge above several many others in the job market. If this is strictly adhered to, no employer will ever treat your CV with disdain again!

http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/how-to-quickly-write-a-catchy-cv/

See the picture of a sample below:

nice 1 dere,pls can you send me sample of a CV cos d 1 uploaded is kinda blur.tankz Miriam.oladele@yahoo.com
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Ilekeh(f): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
What's marital status got to do with CV?
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by channelz: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
ROSYL:
Good but that personal detail is a big no no! Date of birth , place of birth, marital status, what a a at! Guys please guys if you have this on your CV, Erase! I repeat ERASE!
Ok but why?
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by brainpower(m): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Benjom:
Create clear and distinct sections that are well-defined so that once an employer picks up your CV, within 15 to 30 seconds, the message would be easily decipherable. This is what wins you a call-up for interview. By section, I mean:

• Education

The arrangement is relative to the strength of each section. The inclusion of ‘Referees or References’, State of Origin, LGA, Religion, etc are now obsolete. Further more, your presentation must be catchy. You need power-words (word density) to give your CV a colourful and undeniable edge above several many others in the job market. If this is strictly adhered to, no employer will ever treat your CV with disdain again!

This is one of the best format of CV I have ever seen. Thanks OP for sharing. It will be useful infact I will make modifications on my CV soonest. One of the advantages of being on nairaland.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by realborn(m): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nice one. smiley

However, you sat for SSCE at age 11 and Diploma at age 13. grin

Just Kidding. I know it is a fictitious sample. You can make the dates a bit more real.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
ROSYL:
Good but that personal detail is a big no no! Date of birth , place of birth, marital status, what a a at! Guys please guys if you have this on your CV, Erase! I repeat ERASE!
Your point exactly?
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by UncleJudax(m): 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
JUNIT1:
Does it matter, in this current Nigeria, does your CV actually determine whether you will get a job or not?
You need to have one, with or without "connections"
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by wonlasewonimi: 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
Why do you people put DOB on CVs
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by doggiemann(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Benjom:
Do you need a CV rewrite or appraisal? Then, send your CV as an attachment using "Rewrite" or "Appraisal" as the subject of your mail to exceptionalcvbox@gmail.com or visit the provided website above to see more samples. It's your season of recognition!

Just mailed you
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by UncleJudax(m): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ilekeh:
What's marital status got to do with CV?
Your CV is you, in your absence.Why are you asked (in most cases) to fill in your marital status during a job application?
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by elobyobi: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Benjom:

• Education

Please what does "available on request" mean? Because I don't have referee reports to be carrying around.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by BeloHorizonte14: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
Omeife2:

Just a tip. I've interviewed so many fresh inexperienced graduates based on CVs they submit. One thing i can say is that, only about 3% of the candidates that i go through their CVs get called for an interview. One major killer in your CV is when you do not carefully edit for grammatical errors. Could give you more tips if you are interested
Sir,i am interested please.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
What about that of a fresh graduate who has no job experience. Please help
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Evina(f): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
elobyobi:

Please what does "available on request" mean? Because I don't have referee reports to be carrying around.

It means that you will get the recommendations of your referees across to your employer, when they request for it.

Employers will usually give you a guarantors form or a referees form, if you have been offered a job.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
ngoziekpo17:
That is a good job, i appreciate it. U will see mine late.

Your moniker sha. A combo of Igbo and Calabar name.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by BeloHorizonte14: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Omeife2:

Just a tip. I've interviewed so many fresh inexperienced graduates based on CVs they submit. One thing i can say is that, only about 3% of the candidates that i go through their CVs get called for an interview. One major killer in your CV is when you do not carefully edit for grammatical errors. Could give you more tips if you are interested
Sir,i am interested.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Evina(f): 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
muyiwaadekunle1:
Hey, you need to specify the class of degree you came out with, or you expect your interviewer to ask if it's upper or lower?

Nope! You MUST NOT specify your class of degree except you are asked!

Reason is, it puts you at a disadvantage and you set yourself up for a disqualification before you get the chance to prove you are the best fit for the job.

There are many 3rd class graduates, with great work experiences and just the right skill set employers are looking for. But they just might not get the opportunity to interview with an employer, if they display their qualification.

2 Likes

Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by ohiza: 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Just passing call me wen 2015 is available
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by mafioso47(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nice sample buh too many words on that CV.

1 Like

Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by adonismuller(m): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Benjom:
Do you need a CV rewrite or appraisal? Then, send your CV as an attachment using "Rewrite" or "Appraisal" as the subject of your mail to exceptionalcvbox@gmail.com or visit the provided website above to see more samples. It's your season of recognition!
the one I sent since last month I have not gotten. Any feed back till now
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by justmag(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
It is always a bad idea to put your age in your resume. I temporarily worked in the HR department twice and i have seen resume and cv neglected for this. I would advise against that.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by donheg(m): 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
good
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by temizt: 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
Whoever owns the CV is a bloody liar. How can you be born in 1982 and you finished Secondary Sch in 1993? Eyan Jatijati
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Ilekeh(f): 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
UncleJudax:

Your CV is you, in your absence.Why are you asked (in most cases) to fill in your marital status during a job application?

Only in Nigeria. I've never been asked about my marital status in a job-related environment.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by hom555: 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
@Benjom, a good job there. i am sending you mine too...kindly perform magic on it pls. i will sms you my email now plsssssssssssss. God bless
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by ifekemmie(f): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Some pple wil tel u referees re not needed, now dis thread says it is required. Save job hunter youths
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by abbeymighty(m): 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
GOOD WORK!!!!
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Too many confusion on this CV ish.

Some said you must list your referees on the CV while others would say write "Available on request"

Today I have read another one which is that Personal details is not to be included.

Which one should we follow?
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
Neroze:
Your point exactly?

They are childish and irrelevant...My points exactly.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by teewai3(m): 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
nice one!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Bad Experience With Palm Credit (Transsnet Financial Nigeria Limited) / Npower Kaduna State Lets Meet Here.... / FIRS 2012 APPLICANTS...Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.